• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2009 MTV Music Awards Discussion Thread

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
Years
  • Beyonce + GaGa = Phenomonal.

Green Day > Muse.

Green Day edge because of the stage rush towards the end, which looked like loads of fun. I was hoping Muse would take to the main stage and perform as amazing as they do usually, but I got the impression Muse are simply an amazing touring act. They are amazing playing to huge audiences, I just don't think it translates well to smaller venues and audiences.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Obviously there's a lot of fighting here with the whole Beyoncé and Taylor Swift argument. Just remember not to go attacking each others' music tastes considering the fact that this is a rule and will earn you a warning for the first offense and an infraction for offenses afterword. There's a fine line between civilized debate between the two and just attacking someone without being able to meet in between or agree in one statement or another.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Shakira & Pink wearing the same dress was pretty funny. Esspecially since they were interviewed right after eachother. They even took a picture together which revealed that Pink wore it better. Had Shakira not put those boots with hers she may have taken the cake. (sneaky designer had 1 piece on 2 stars on the red carpet)

Chelc

Years
  • I really enjoyed the VMAs this year. Madonna's speech and Janet's tribute were great starts to the show. I loved each and every performance, especially Lady GaGa's. Lol, her outfits were one of my favorite parts of the show as well. Each award given was well deserved. The only things I didn't like were Russell Brand hosting (seriously, I wish MTV would get someone else to host next year) and the Kanye/Taylor thing, though that ended up being okay in the end. I also wanted Britney to show up, but in the end I didn't mind because of how entertained I was by everyone else.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah,, I was expecting to see more of Britney but guess it was a bad year for her because so many other pop singers got big this year.

The Red Bandit

Welcome To Candyland!
    Years
  • I haven't seen the awards yet. I got it set to my DVR, but I been hearing that Kayne was being a total jerk to Taylor Swift. I don't know her personally, but she deserved that award! There was no reason for him to act like that! Omg, why does he do this?!! I am glad Beyonce called her up so she can do her speech. That was nice of her. But still...Kanye, Kanye, Kanye...dude, you need some help! For real! His career is definitely going down at this point! I don't think he should be allowed to go to any award event til he clean up his act! What a sore loser! I am a fan of his music. But as soon as I get 808 Heartbreak, that will be last CD I will ever get from him til he stop acting the world is around him. He deserved getting booed! It was Taylor's night and he messed it up! Dang...!

But in other words, I can't wait til I see Janet Jackson's performance! I heard she performed "Scream"! Omg...that is a great song. Michael and her did great on that song. And I will get to see "This Is It" trailer. I want to see that movie. ^^ See now I wish they made the whole award show tribute to Michael Jackson, but they didn't. I guess it is better than nothing. I am looking forward to watch it. But I think I will skip the Kanye West fiasco. Dang...
    Yeah I know it was not nice at all)= But Janet's performance was the best ever oh an pink's I do not know it is hard to pick(=And Kanye did not have to do that she did not deserve that.:badsmile:

Back