• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012; The Apocalypse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightMoon

Rock On Community!
    Years
    We should be lucky to be alive in 2012 for what I know because scientist say that the sun will aline with the center of the milkyway galaxy and it only happens every 26,000 years. They also said the world was going to end in 2000 and of course it did not.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2010
    It wont be any apocalypse.
    ancient civilizations werent like present civilizations.
    I think it would be nice if a meteor destroy my school ... ;/

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    December 12, 2012, you can find me on my roof in a lawn chair, smoking a nice cigar and drinking a fancy drink.

I believe the whole paranoia revolving the apocalypse is a big load. I'm a Christian, and I have full faith in the following verse;

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." - Matthew 24:36

Mankind cannot predict the world's apocalypse. They've tried many times before, and every single time they've been wrong.

I saw a documentary claiming Revelation wrote about the apocalypse.

Yes it does, but it never mentioned the date. So when December 12, 2012 finally comes, I'll see you all on the 13th.

Lord_Sesshoumaru

Not interested.
    Years
    December 12, 2012, you can find me on my roof in a lawn chair, smoking a nice cigar and drinking a fancy drink.

I believe the whole paranoia revolving the apocalypse is a big load. I'm a Christian, and I have full faith in the following verse;

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." - Matthew 24:36

Mankind cannot predict the world's apocalypse. They've tried many times before, and every single time they've been wrong.

I saw a documentary claiming Revelation wrote about the apocalypse.

Yes it does, but it never mentioned the date. So when December 12, 2012 finally comes, I'll see you all on the 13th.
    I agree with you...!

Stupid people with their stupid believes that the end of this nice blue little planet will be on 2012..!

It's kinda similar to Nicolas Cage's movie about the end of the world, trying to figure out these numbers when the world will end and the choosen ones will be saved and live in a better planet ..!o_0

But anyway, who ever wants the world be crumbled up like in 2012?!
    I don't! I like Earth how it is now..!Why to let GOD destroy earth?! I don't see why!!!

It wont be any apocalypse.
    ancient civilizations werent like present civilizations.
    I think it would be nice if a meteor destroy my school ... ;/

How old is the sun now?
    How will it be when the sun will blow up?

If everything as a beginning, then it has an ending...!

How did Earth came in first place?
    When the sun came, the earth came.
    Now if the sun is blown up, then the earth will be blown with it...,right?

Last edited:

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    The world will invetiably cease as we know it eventually- That's just a scientific fact. Stars have life spans, and our sun is no exception. It's colonize or bust for us. Luckily we may have alot of time; if we take care of eachother and the planet:)

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    Well, I'll be seeing you the next day then after all I want my birthday to come up in the next seven days after! XD

To be honest we are humans, we can't predict everything just like with hurricanes we may know where some are but some every so often sneak up on us, it's nature we can't predict. The fact is in 2000 and 1999 (I think it was) the world was supposed to "end" but look where we are now, we are living still aren't we?

To me it is like saying that Pokemon are going to rain on us, which of course will not happen. I believe that it is just another one of those predictions that aren't going to happen and every is going to be all worked up about it for nothing. So just live now and make it the best, if it does happen, it does happen, we can't stop it.

Well I'm not scared, I'm living in the present and having the time of my life, not thinking about the future and what is going to happen to the Earth. Who ever made this one up probably is too paraniod.

Aksyel

Trajnisto Komencigxa
    Years
    This has probably been posted before, but I will say this anyway:

1. There will be no planetary alignment, like there is rumored to be.
    2. The Earth and Sun will NOT align with the galactic center. It's an optical illusion only experienced from Earth and only Earth. In reality, we are about another 22 million years away from actually aligning. But if you base it off the illusion itself, the Sun has been rising in the same spot it will rise in 2012 as it is today, and all the years before today. Since like...1920 has this illusion been happening.
    3. The Mayan calender wont end, it will restart.
    4. The original date for destruction was in May 2003 but when nothing happened the cult who came up with the belief moved it up to 2012, coinciding with the "end" of the Mayan calender while stamping "miscalculation" as the cause of the wrong date.

Don't belief me? Google.

I am waiting for Sarah Palin to come on TV saying "We all need to build us some arcs! The world is ending!"

chikorita125

^ ment to be Happy Azumarill
    Years
    don't let things like this go to your head, and even if it is gonna happen we have 3 years till it happens.

Goron

Mountain Dweller
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2009
    I think its all BS. If it does happen though i would feel mighty dumb :embarrass

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    One more thing:

Everyone says the end is coming simply because the Mayan Calander is ending. Yeah it is....I have a calander that runs out every year. You simply go out and buy another one. Problem solved.

Ash~The Purifying Prince~

TLOTPP "Haunting Dreams" 77%
    Years
    I've seen the 2012 movie, but just because there is a movie out doesn't exactly mean the world is going to end. It all depends on what it is people believe; Then again I wouldn't exactly put this prediction past them either, we're destroying the enviroment everyday just about so who knows. If the world ends, then it ends, there is not a whole lot anyone can do about it. Am I scared? honestly no, you shouldn't be scared of something that hasn't been purely and utterly 100% proven to be true.
    All we can do is just wait and see what happens, but until then we shouldn't exactly be worrying about what the future holds. The world could end at any time, but really it's best to just focus on the here and now and not worry about the future; Since no one really knows what it is that's going to come to pass.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I've seen the 2012 movie, but just because there is a movie out doesn't exactly mean the world is going to end. It all depends on what it is people believe; Then again I wouldn't exactly put this prediction past them either, we're destroying the enviroment everyday just about so who knows. If the world ends, then it ends, there is not a whole lot anyone can do about it. Am I scared? honestly no, you shouldn't be scared of something that hasn't been purely and utterly 100% proven to be true.
    All we can do is just wait and see what happens, but until then we shouldn't exactly be worrying about what the future holds. The world could end at any time, but really it's best to just focus on the here and now and not worry about the future; Since no one really knows what it is that's going to come to pass.
    That movie is so farfetched it's not funny. Like, big chunks of land staying intact and floating in the water? What.

Really, it's all down to what you truly believe. If you believe the world is going to end in 2012, go get laid right now and do all the things you wanted to do before you died. If not, then join the club.

I don't think it's going to end. It's just a stupid date. There's been so many times someone predicted something would happen, but it never did.

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
    Years
    I like how everoyne in this thread agrees that it isn't the apocalypse, yet we're still arguing on "HOW" it isn't the apocalypse. i lol at this fact.

luls indeed, sergeant.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    So how do we avoid the apocalypse? Change the calendar. Use a different calendar. Don't use a calendar

Anyway, it won't be the end of the world if there is an apocalypse. It's just the end of mankind, so another species would continue to evolve to something more intelligent, just like the theory of the extinction of the dinosaurs

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back