• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012; The Apocalypse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Chocolate.

n_n no.
    Years
    It is complete and utter crap. I'm pretty sure that it is prophesied by astrology, out of all pseudo-scientific B.S.
    This is the same astrology that tells your horoscope, where floating rocks in space alter your future and social life.
    I agree with you. Stuff like the 2012 Apocalypse is a lie. They're just trying to scare us.
    And humans can't predict when the world could end, only God knows because he created it, he knows when to end it.

Years
    This is just some shizz news that I really dont believe...Ohh the world is gonna end<Rubbish! Im not scared...

2,100th post! ^_^

.Chocolate.

n_n no.
    Years
    You know what would be funny? If a lot of people started commiting suicide that day and everyone was running and freaking out and the day after nothing really happens.xDDD

That's my prediction. Everyone freaking out, some people killing themselves, and then, nothing happens.xD;

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    For me, whenever I first hear it I get a bit creeped out. I mean, weren't the Mayans the ones who had eventually predicted their own falls? o__O But the fear goes away as quickly as it came; plus It's not brought up as much now, though I'm sure it will be more once the year comes around. It's not something that's constantly on my mind and getting me worried either. :P

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Hey, guys, I'm part of a super special awesome tribe called the PC forumites. Do you reckon that if we made a calender for every year ever and stopped at 2010 people would believe that the world would end that year? Without any real evidence or facts to back it up? You don't? I think you over-estimate the human race, my friend.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
    The first time I ever read this, it scared the crap out of me, but now it doesn't really bother me anymore. I don't hear that much about it anymore either, but I imagine it'll start popping up again as '12 comes nearer.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Dec. 21, 2012... That date sticks in people's minds because it was implied by Nostramus and at least three ancient cultures that were unrelated to eachother.
    You bring up a good point. Although these are not necessarily related and it IS odd that they line up... they aren't tangible evidence to prove jack ****.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Another thing is related to our Popes. Even though I say this on the History Channel, I dont believe it. We have had 265 Popes. Supposedly in the bible, it sais that mankind will only see 266 Popes. I am not sure if this is true, but if it is, I might be frightened a little bit. Only if the current Pope dies in the coming 2 years though.

It doesn't ever mention a Pope in the Bible of any kind. At least, not the ones I read. But if he did drop dead in late 2012, I'd get kinda tense...

I agree with you. Stuff like the 2012 Apocalypse is a lie. They're just trying to scare us.
    And humans can't predict when the world could end, only God knows because he created it, he knows when to end it.

Too true. The Father works according to His time and not on the schedule of man. But then, I've noticed He enjoys dropping hints. Kind of an, "Oi, mankind! Still here!"
    And you'd think 3 or 4 unrelated calenders and a potentially dead Pope would be a subtle hint to get ready, regardless...

The Mayans~~Doin' it for the lulz

Highly probable. Mayans must have had 'netz access too. o.0

EDITO: 777th post. Getta load of that.

Last edited:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    From what I've heard, what's happens in 12/21/12 is the planetary alignment. I'm not really sure about the details about the mayan calendar related to this, but i think it had something to do with the Sun being in the center of the solar system (or universe?) and time effectively stopping, thus ending the calendar, or something like that

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    From what I've heard, what's happens in 12/21/12 is the planetary alignment. I'm not really sure about the details about the mayan calendar related to this, but i think it had something to do with the Sun being in the center of the solar system (or universe?) and time effectively stopping, thus ending the calendar, or something like that
    Our planets do not orbit in a way that will allow them to align "perfectly." In June 2012, the transit of Venus will occur, but that is not going to happen again in December and won't effect us at all. I'm sure you can find plenty of debunkings of these astrological fallacies out there on the interwebz, there is no reason to expect disaster on 2012.

Last edited:

LEXAcide

That 1 Guy
    Years
    It doesn't ever mention a Pope in the Bible of any kind. At least, not the ones I read. But if he did drop dead in late 2012, I'd get kinda tense...

i am not religeous and have never read the bible so i will take your word for it

EDIT: here is some more strange info from the History Channel.

According to ancient Mayan writing, the Mayans had been visited by a white man long before Columbus ever set sail. Could this white man, indeed, be an Alien? God? And could he have set up the 3 Mayan Calendars? Point is, the man said he would return in the future, but never did. Later on in History, Columbus arrived and the Mayans welcomed him because they believed that it was the second coming of that white man. Of course, it wasn't.

I do not know weather to believe this or not. The History channel has deceived me before -_-

EDIT Again:

I heard of this too. However, I heard that our Solar System will be in the center of the Milky Way. I don't believe the media, but I am always open to the possibilities.

Last edited:

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
    Years
    Another thing is related to our Popes. Even though I say this on the History Channel, I dont believe it. We have had 265 Popes. Supposedly in the bible, it sais that mankind will only see 266 Popes. I am not sure if this is true, but if it is, I might be frightened a little bit. Only if the current Pope dies in the coming 2 years though.

-Alex-

That is no where in the bible.

Just letting yall know. I'm a theologian.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years

Your the closest ive seen thus far:p What I understand is we are going into new zodiac alignment. The event is highly related to what astrological markers we are lined up with. Is it going to be the end of the world? Boy I sure hope so, but most likely not. One of my friends was trying to explain this to me, and it had to do from going from the age of pisces to whatever is next:p- or something like that

Read about occam's razor and coincidence. Remember the great philosphers predicting the great technological time crises of 2000? Remember the evidence that supported their theory? Ok... Well that didn't happen, and considering there is even less evidence to support this apocalypse/ascension/enlightenment/whatever... You get where i'm going:)

Maybe i'm wrong. I haven't heard all the theories on the subject (there are probably to many to even be considered).

Maybe time will end.... *Cue twilight theme song*.

(P.S. for all of Nostradamus's accurate predictions, he was off about thousends and thousends of other things.)

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
    It's not going to happen.
    If the world ends it's because we all blew ourselves up, or it's going to happen 1000's of years from now when the sun finally blows up.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    i concur, i mean, people thought that the turn of the century to 2000 would mark the end of the world but look, we are still here! same for when they struck up the hadron-collider, people thought we were gonna die but we havent yet. 2012 could just be another date but it could just be the date the world ends. its up to us to have our own opinions and let ourselves think when the world is gonna end. we also have to wait for this time to be disproved like last time.

We're going to keep saying that, now, are we? "Oh, let's wait for the day to arrive to prove it!" It's not true. I think that we as humans are just too insignificant to discover when the end of the world is. We'll keep waiting until something really big happens, then we can say that that'll be then end of the world.

We can't exactly ignore the fact that several prophets simultaneously predicted the end of the world, but do we believe in all of them?

{NM}Redwolf

Rebels against the God
    Years
    In 2012, the Collider will explode and we'll all be sucked into a black hole where it will take us to the realms of our subconscious mind. Our subconscious mind will empty itself and determine our new destinies. I believe I will end up in my own self generated Pokemon world. There, I might see others who also had a strong part of their subconscious mind developing a Pokemon world similar to mine. I will not know that I generated this world, nor will anyone else but I will live it blissfully unknowing of my past life on Earth.

:>
    ..................pokemon fans don't do drugs. on another note only time will show if this is true or not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back