• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012; The Apocalypse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I like how because I've got different opinions that everyone else I'm a troll.

Real mature..

This has nothing to do with opinion. You talked in absolutes, as if Yahweh himself came down and told you this. And if that isn't enough, what will happen is not opinion. If I say that the Y2K bug will suddenly come back in June 30, 2010, that has nothing to do with opinion. If it happens, then I was telling the truth. If it doesn't, then I was lying.

Did you forget that you said this? And I quote...
    But you'll be the one to see the end of the world, you'll have a horrible death while I will already be dead. No doubt you'll see the savage blood stains crash so violently to the floor as you yourself are killed. The world crashing before you and there will be nothing you can do about it, you'll try to end your life peacefully but it will fail. You'll be killed in the most painfullway possible.

Now I am guilty of the same thing, but I apologize for talking in absolutes that I don't know about. But I will tell you this;

I am 99% sure that the world will not end on the twenty first of December on 2012. I don't take supernatural things seriously because there is no evidence, apart from some guys talking about choppy stories and outdated calenders. Come on, show me the evidence. And I don't want to hear "cal3nDurs @nD pr0pheT s@1D e3t", give me a logical response.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    The middle east isn't strong enough to trigger apocalypse yet. I doubt this will happen for at least another 100 years.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Spoiler:

Absolutes can still be opinions.

Pokémon Emerald is better than Pokémon Crystal. It's an absolute, but it's an opinion too. See how that works?
    The world is going to end in 2012, I am going to kill myself, you are going to die. Still just an opinion, whether it deals with absolutes or not.

You don't need "It's my opinion that..." in a sentence to make it an opinion.

Last edited:

kay3o

B)
    Years
    Jesus, there my believes and my opinions. I don't have show you people evidence for my believes they are mine. Learn to respect people for others views, seriously.

Because at the moment you ALL expect for Ravecat are ****ing Nazis and its terrible.
    You're crucifying me for my believe what's wrong on SO many levels, I mean why don't you go and start up a 'Christianity is 100% untrue and fake" thread.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Before we lose ourselves, mind explaining how we're being "Nazis"?
    I think you should try reading what you write from a 3rd- person perspective, before you actually post it. Trust me, it'll help you avoid all the troll comments, which you did appear to be making. Like Sparkly said, phrasing.

Heeey, you're still here...

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    T_T

This thread is going a bit out of hand people...

My friends B-day is on the 22 on December...it would sad if the rumor were true. :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Jesus, there my believes and my opinions. I don't have show you people evidence for my believes they are mine. Learn to respect people for others views, seriously.

Because at the moment you ALL expect for Ravecat are ****ing Nazis and its terrible.
    You're crucifying me for my believe what's wrong on SO many levels, I mean why don't you go and start up a 'Christianity is 100% untrue and fake" thread.
    You can't always expect respect for your beliefs if you can't support them.

And Nazi's? Crucified? Let's not be so dramatic.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Yeah this thread might need to be capped. It's to bad that fanatics have to come and ruin an enjoyable convo:/

Kay30- Grow up. Seriously.

I think Nostradamus is going to become re-incarnate and do the chicken dance. This is just my non-scholarlly, off the cuff analysis. I guess we will wait and see;p

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years

I invoke Godwin's Law.

But to stay on topic (sort of), you're perfectly entitled to your views on the apocalypse. That's what this thread is for anyway. What people don't like is when you criticise their views then whine about how they're criticising yours.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Yes, but what he is not entitled to is threatining a horrible death on any members of this forum. What even makes this more scary- is he is behaving like this with no sound theoretical/empirical/ or even anecdotal basis. He is making no sense, and being an ass to everyone here.

If I was a mod you would be infracted Kay30. There is no excuse for the way you are behaving.

(P.S. don't play the "i'm the martyr" card. Your volley of insults doesn't represent a religious standpoint, but rather your own immaturity/egotism.)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Hey, talked with my friend again, so he gave me a more precise description.

So rather than planetary alignment, it's that the sun aligns with the center of the galaxy. In this way, the sun eclipses the center of the galaxy, and makes most of the stars "disappear" due to the brightness of the sun. Without the stars, the passage of time halts, hence the end of the calendar. Also, he brought up the point that it's interesting how the "end of the world" occurs on the Winter Solstace.
    Obviously everything will freeze over causing an ice age thus the progression of time is impossible to calculate in which then time stops but not truly just in recording. Pretty freaky to think about really.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    That's crazy. But I don't see how that would invoke planetary freezing? One star can't possibly eclipse all of the galaxies stars? Plus our ecodynamics arn't dependent upon other stars anyways- the sun is what keeps us alive:) Maybe I got it wrong though, do you mean the stars eclipsing the sun??? I don't see how this is possible either?

Anyhoo I don't think anything will happen. If i'm wrong I don't have to pay my end haha:p

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Some out of the ordinary things will definitely happen on that date simply because people expect it to happen. You believe in something for too long and you're bound to see "evidence" of it. Your mind becomes clouded and you begin to not reason properly.

Like others, I don't believe the world will end in 2012. People will of course die, just like any other day though. But again, I do think we will see out of the ordinary things happening because people will feel the need to see something "weird" on this date.

And that whole "time freezing" thing doesn't make one bit of sense, not to me at least. o_O

kay3o

B)
    Years
    Yes, but what he is not entitled to is threatining a horrible death on any members of this forum. What even makes this more scary- is he is behaving like this with no sound theoretical/empirical/ or even anecdotal basis. He is making no sense, and being an ass to everyone here.

If I was a mod you would be infracted Kay30. There is no excuse for the way you are behaving.

(P.S. don't play the "i'm the martyr" card. Your volley of insults doesn't represent a religious standpoint, but rather your own immaturity/egotism.)

Threatening? I'm sharing my views, everyone who is going to experience this apocalypse is going to suffer a horrible death, It's just hey I'm going into little detail. It's the same as a Priest of any church saying if you don't follow this religion you're going to burn in hell forever. But seriously everyone has there own belvies and becuase mine aren't that "logcial" as you may thing I'm immature and wrong. Hell I'm not having ago at anyone else for there views, I respect them for it.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    The problem is, dude, nobody appreciates being told they're going to die a horrible, painful death. Try being nice about your views, even if they're a bit different. If you can't find a way to post constructively on the topic, just leave this thread alone. That's a variation on the proverb 'If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.'

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I just have one more thing to say. i certainly hope the world doesnt end then. I want to see the 5th generation of Pokemon!

Caliban

Trying to change my life, brb~
    Years
    No but you can trust what's been told by man and what's been made.

I wrote earlier today that I reverse shittyglomped SD again. Because I am human, does that mean that I actually did cover myself in excreted matter and glomp her backwards?
    George Lucas wrote that A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away etc.. As much as I would like it to be real and for there to be a chance for me to visit Coruscant, I realise that it is not real.

Btw, are you by any chance named "Chevy"?
    If so, please come here so I can tell you off for watching too much Transformers, if not then you are entitled to your views.

The world and nearly all of humanity was destroyed a couple of years back, but Douglas Adams retconned it so that they restored us from a backup without us noticing.

:P

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    2012 December is going to be fun. I don't believe in such things, but there are a lot of theories about it... I wonder if all of them are false, or are some of them somewhat correct?
    I don't know which day is going to be my last day on earth, but I just want to be with the people I love on that day...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back