• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will happen?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Seeing as I don't have much knowledge in that department, I can't honestly say I know what will happen in 2012. Nobody knows, of course, we can only guess. I think it's most likely that nothing particularly new or noteworthy will happen to the planet as a whole, but I just can't know for certain. I do believe that we are approaching a new age, there's a lot of tension been building up lately and it's going to reach a climax. But it seems more of a natural progression of humanity and shifts in power rather than something more massive. Like what has happened in ages gone by before... Whether or not it's an actual prediction and it will happen in 2012, I don't know, but I don't think so. I do not believe there will be an apocalypse in 2012 though. I think it's better that I just say I don't know.

I'll just continue living life the best I can and not live in suspense or worry. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen.

Anthraxinsoup

Professional Vidya Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    Nothings going to happen, and I'm quite happy about this. The calender ends, big whoop, it had to end somewhere. I'm sure if they kept it going for 1000 more years people would be freaked out in 3013 or so, or maybe they'd have common sense as a whole race, not just certain people.

Anthraxinsoup

Professional Vidya Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    you r all blind! 2012 is very true and i can proove it!1
    like consider this
    a maya maked the calendr and marked the day as the day for deth!
    ok but why would he do it if it was a lie? i mean are people seriously gonna lie for no reason i mean come on why. plus theres evidence of nibiru planot already so how can u deny it. (evidence: ) click the link<<- as u can see at the link, we have nibiru planet intersecting the universe's 10 dimensons prodjected at a plane. the vector that is pointing up is the gravitomagnetic force applied to it from the black hole at middle of milky way. now, ommited from the imege are this:
    Code:
    center
    sun/solarsystem
    ^
    |
    nibiru
    this is how the extendid picture was, but i cropped it for it was otherwise 18 TB big.
    by math we can calculate the collide day:
    current day: monday februry 28(2011)
    speed of light: 300km/second
    gravitetional power: t^2g
    initial speed: 500km/hour
    current distamce from earth: 2 light year

by substitution we have this equation
    collition=(mondayfeb282011*(500km/h)/(300km/s)+2ly)^2/5,8N
    collition-mondayfeb282011=500km/h/300km/s+2ly^2/5,8N
    collition=500km^2h*s*ly*N/mondayfeb282011
    collition=1500i^2/mondayfeb282011
    collition=-22500000/282011
    collition=-79
    So, the collision will be 79 days ago, at 21/12/2012.
    I suggest everybody takes incredibly huge loans from banks.

Edit: I just realized that since the day is negative, the collision should have already occurred. Since that hasn't happened, we can assume something stopped it, so we are safe.
    I really hope you are trolling, because their calender had to end somewhere. Would you say the same stuff if it ended in ten more years? Probably. No where in their writings have we found anything special about 12/21/2012. You can't make a calender that is built so large go on forever, least not them as they were dieing out due to fighting.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    I really hope you are trolling, because their calender had to end somewhere. Would you say the same stuff if it ended in ten more years? Probably. No where in their writings have we found anything special about 12/21/2012. You can't make a calender that is built so large go on forever, least not them as they were dieing out due to fighting.
    I was trying to make a point about how ridiculous the proposition of the world ending is.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    I was didn't read your math as I stopped at the whole sarcasm part. Haha, sorry.
    Perfectly excusable, I am sure I would have had the same reaction :P. But yeah, I am tired of all this "end of the world" craze. It's sad that people at my school believe it.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 12, 2013
    Ok seriously, nothing will happen. We don't believe in Mayan gods so why do people believe in this stupid superstition?

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years
    I don't think EARTH ITSELF will perish, but the way the world is going we may nuke each other to extinction.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    The world could end any day. It's possible it will end in 2012, just as possible as it will end right now.

Will it probably end in 2012? No. All theories regarding 2012 are complete bull.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I fell like something big is going to happen in 2012...only I don't think it's the end but something else...
    I do know though that the Mayan's predicted when we will cross the Galactic center :)

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    I fell like something big is going to happen in 2012...only I don't think it's the end but something else...
    I do know though that the Mayan's predicted when we will cross the Galactic center :)

Actually, that's a lie. Nothing will align with the galactic center. It's just an optical illusion based on our perspective from Earth, but in reality we are still millions of years away from a real alignment.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Eh, think what you want to think, but I'll stick to the theory that the Mayans just couldn't be assed anymore writing more dates, since they wrote all their dates in a stone or something. :/

Massacre.

sky's on fire again
    Years
    It's pure bull----. Remember when the Planet X collision was settled for 2003? Nothing happened. Remember when they predicted massive solar flares in 2000? Nothing happened. As for the part about alien invasions, all I can say is wow. Geomagnetic reversal is most certainly not going to happen, that will happen in 62096 A.D or something. If the universe was "born" 14.6 billion years ago, what do you think? 12/21/12 is nothing but the absolute end of the Mayan calendar, but then again, Mayans are pretty much extinct.

That's already here, more or less. From 1990-2011 (my current lifespan) there has been more life0changing technology introduced than the previous 20-30 years. But flying cars? I think that's a bit impractical and a ways off. We still have 50-100 years of Oil to burn through first.

Actually, they have invented a flying car and could go into the market in like 6 months. Believe me.

Last edited:

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I think nothing will happen life will go on. I think the world will end when God wants it to.

Kasumichan

Banned
    Years
    Things will continue to get worse, like wars and economic failures and various other miseries, but the world's not ending.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2011
    Absolutely nothing. It reminds me a little of what things were like before 2000, but with more hype in some ways, like this 2012 movie.. :/ Yeah.. all that will happen is all of these cults believing 2012 is the end of the world will feel pretty silly!

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    Nothing will happen. I highly doubt you can predict when the world will end, be it by religion, history, or whatever. None of those things can predict (nor do the act themselves) of ending the world. The world will end when it does, likely as a result of humanity's own actions, not of a deity or because some ancient calendar has no more years recorded.

Back