• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2020 Vision

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • My eyesight's too bad to read that can you type in a bigger font please.

Real talk though, my eyesight is awful, by far the worst of anyone I know. I've had contacts for a few years though, which I've never had any issues with, so problem solved.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I wear glasses. But apparently, it's better than everyone else around me, who all also wear glasses, but cannot see at all without them. I am capable of doing so and can read without them, but find it bothersome for objects farther away from me. So it's not 100% perfect, but definitely not as bad as could be.

pkmin3033

I'm short-sighted enough to need glasses, but they're not particularly strong - my eyesight has actually gotten better over the last few years, as I needed a weaker prescription the last time I had them tested. Dunno how that works. But I've been wearing glasses since I was twelve (contacts are NOT an option; I hate screwing about with my eyes) and I'm used to it by now.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    i'm short-sighted, have been since i was 12. i wear contacts.

Years
  • I saw the actual numbers for my vision one time, although the problem is that 1) I don't remember what they were, and 2) this was years ago and I'm more than certain it's changed by then. It's definitely not 20/20 though, lol. Not in the least!

I have a strong enough prescription that I swear every time I need to get new glasses I'm warned that mine will cost a bit more because special lenses to make sure they're not too thick, etc. etc. Okay, whatever, as long as they'll allow me to see well. I get a range of maybe like two inches from my face before things start blurring up without my glasses, so yeah.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I forgot how shitty my vision is. All I know is I need glasses to see from afar. I can read up close without my glasses on my tablet for example but I don't like to. I've probably said this before, I've attempted to get contacts in my eyes but I can't which annoys me. I tried a whole month to try and get them in with no success. It's not really a big deal after all because I like how glasses compliment my appearance.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Mine isn't horrible. I can get by without glasses (and have forever), but technically I need a weak prescription. I should probably find time to go do that. It's just things pretty far off I have trouble with sometimes. Especially after I've been working (i.e. staring at a computer for 8 hours).

Sirfetch’d

I am fortunate enough to have perfect vision. I've never had to wear glasses or contacts and hopefully it stays that way. I love the look of glasses and don't mind them but I feel like I'd be the person to lose mine and I cannot be asked to deal with putting in contacts every day :(

Years
  • My vision is bad enough to need glasses, but I can see okay without them. I'll get a headache if I have my glasses off for too long.

iirc I am nearsighted and have astigmatism. Everything's a little blurry without my glasses but the farther I look, the worse my vision becomes.

I was a weird kid, I was super excited when I finally had bad enough vision for glasses. I thought glasses were super cool. 8)

AlphaTangoFoxtrot

Johto-vah's Witness
    Years
  • My eyesight is horrible. I've had glasses since my 13 and I've had to have my prescription strengthened three times in the seven years I've had them. My lens are getting pretty thick. Dunno how I would feel about it if they had to strengthen my prescription again.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I was told growing up that I wouldn't need reading glasses until I was in my 50s. I've had 20/20 vision all my life, although I'm pretty sure my left eye is slightly less than that now. Back in 2011 I had an eye condition that caused me to temporarily lose sight in my left eye, and as a result there's a bit of scar tissue which caused my pupil to remain partially dilated (though you can't really tell by looking at it). So my left eye is just a tiny bit blurrier than my right one now.

Bay

Years
  • I''m nearsighted and got prescribed with glasses several years ago. Even if I were to sit in front row in a college lecture hall, I still wear my glasses heh. I haven't gotten the chance to check if I needed stronger prescribed glasses, though (and I think I'm way overdue for that).

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    My vision is probably around 20/15 (better than normal), but I've never had this evaluated, only been stopped after reading the 20/20 line on a chart.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    All you people with your perfect and near perfect vision. :o My entire family is near-sighted, so growing up I just assumed everyone needs glasses sooner or later, and adults without them are just wearing contacts like my mom, lol.

I've needed glasses since I was 10, but I refused to wear them outside of class until about 13, when I got my first pair of "cool" glasses that I didn't mind wearing all the time.

I think the last time I checked, my prescription was around -5.00 / -4.65 (which would be something like 20/400 vision I think), I know my eyes are slightly different but both nearsighted, and I have a bit of astigmatism. Not a big deal to me, I like wearing glasses. :)

Back