• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[2Q 2012] Roleplay Awards ★

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

★ Second Quarter 2012 Roleplay Awards ★

The Roleplay Awards (or RPAs as it is most commonly known) is a community run event, promoting the growth of the Roleplay Corner by letting our members nominate and honour our most skilled and talented players. Nominated roleplays and roleplayers then go through a selection process, each carefully assessed by a team of judges before the final winners are decided.

The RPAs are run once every season and selected threads and members are usually awarded with a name change or a shiny new emblem to add to their collection.

Rules:
    • All nominations end on 11:59pm on the 31st of May (GMT), though I will keep the thread editable until I lock it myself on the 1st of June and judging will proceed after that. Any posts made after the deadline will be deleted. That gives you about two weeks for everyone to post your nominations. If you didn't get a post in, that's your own fault!
    • You cannot nominate yourself! That's a little narcissistic, don't you think?
    • This is not a thread for idle chit chat! Only one post per person. You can thank those who nominated you or your thread in the Roleplay Discussion Thread.
    • You do not have to be in a Roleplay to nominate it, but you do indeed need to be an active member of this board to participate (unless you read Roleplays profusely in your spare time but are too afraid to join them. If this is the case, please PM or VM me before posting your nominations).
    • If you do not wish to make your nominations public, feel free to PM me your post.
    • All threads and members nominated must be currently active. You cannot nominate a locked or a dead roleplay or a member who has been inactive in the roleplay boards for over a month.
    • It is essential you write a few sentences on why you nominated that roleplay or roleplayer and why you think they deserve the recognition. The winners will be based on these explanations so it is super important that you post anything to support your evidence such as links to posts or sign ups. Any votes without any kind of acknowledgement why will not be counted.
    • You cannot vote for a previous winner from the last RPA. Sorry guys, but we need to give everyone a chance! The last winner from the previous RPAs will be showcased under each category.
    • If a winner is one who has already won the emblem before, they will not receive a new one, but they will be congratulated all the same.

Thread Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplay:
    Last RPA Winner: Disease Deoxys
    The best roleplay created this or last month (after the 1st of March). The winner will receive a new title and bragging rights.

Best Veteran Roleplay:
    Last RPA Winner: Atlantis Arising
    The best roleplay created before last month (before the 1st of March). The winner will receive a new title and bragging rights.

Most Original Roleplay:
    Last RPA Winner: Inner Demon
    The most creative, different and original roleplay. The winner will receive a new title and bragging rights.

Member Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplayer:
    Last RPA Winner: Sir Bastian
    The best roleplayer who has joined the Roleplay Corner this or last month (after the 1st of March). The winner will receive a new emblem and bragging rights.

Most Improved Roleplayer:
    Last RPA Winner: shinysweety
    They may have started out as noobs, but this player has flourished and bloomed into the great roleplayer that they are today. The winner will receive a new emblem and bragging rights (and perhaps a few nostalgic blonde moments).

Best Game Master:
    Last RPA Winner: PkMnTrainer Yellow
    The gamemaster who organises, entertains, is helpful, friendly and just generally good at their job. The winner will receive a new emblem and bragging rights.

Best Sign-Up Writer:
    Last RPA Winner: Raikiri
    This player can write interesting and well written sign ups in their sleep. The winner will receive a new emblem and bragging rights.

Most Helpful Player:
    They may not be the best roleplayer, but they certainly are active, keen to help and always a pleasure to have aboard a team. The winner will receive a new emblem and bragging rights (and a gold star).

Best Roleplayer:
    Last RPA Winner: Greiger & Raikiri
    The greatest player who seem to be great at everything they do (oh, how we envy them!). The winner will receive a new emblem and ultimate bragging rights (and probably an oversized ego).

Other Awards:

Favourite Character:
    Last RPA Winner: N/A
    They may or may not have started out as duds but this character has developed into something we enjoy reading every post of. The winner's creator will receive a new emblem and bragging rights.

So, what are you waiting for? Let the nominations begin!

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Reserved because I am awesome. These are placeholders for now, just to get an idea for the possible nominees, not my actual nominations.

Thread Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplay: Pokemon VR: Game of Chance by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers- As far as journey RPs go, this is one of the best ones I've seen. The proof is in the fact that it is able to attract so many great RPs to its plot. It definitely deserves the nomination for best rookie.

Best Veteran Roleplay: Years of Lies, by Eeeveemaster9: Years of Lies is currently the longest running RP out of all of them on PC. It has gone through thin and thick and still manages to survive due to a dedicated group of RPers and a terrific GM. Here's to continued success, and one more year.

Most Original Roleplay: TBA

Member Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplayer: プリンセスサファイア -There's not a lot to select from as far as great rookies go this time around, but this RPer is pretty good as far as rookies go, and I believe she deserves the nomination this time around.

Most Improved Roleplayer: DeepImpact- I've known this guy for a while now, and I'm of the opinion that this award should be his. I recall a time around the middle of last year that I really didn't like the way he RPs (if you read this, sorry, but its true. xD), and I generally didn't like his character, especially in a certain RP that won't be mentioned. But, as time has gone by, it seemed that he has not only vastly improved, but also matured as an RPer. His posts (when he actually does post) are a far better improvement in quality than they were of times in the past.

Best Game Master: Ichiro: There are really no good GMs, other than a select few. Many have their RPs die (or are simply mismanaged). However, Ichiro does a reasonably good job managing to continue running Atlantis for quite a while now, keeping RPers inside and interested for well over six months.

Best Sign-Up Writer: parallelzero: I highly enjoyed reading her SU for l i t a n y: a song of worlds. I thought it was one of the most eloquent and articulate SUs I've seen. I get these feelings from reading through SUs on very rare occasions when I have a full grasp on a character and could see them easily played out without having to read a single post (although I very much would like to).

Most Helpful Player: Raikiri: There is little doubt that this person should win this award because of how personally helpful he has been to me, especially in the development of our new RP. He has also helped me on occasions with throwing around ideas in my other RP, in fact him being one of the few people I knew I could ask for help and actually get a decent response.

Best Roleplayer: Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers: This is a really easy decision for me primarily because of the tenure of time she has been RPing, and consistency at which she makes great posts during that time. Her characters are great to interact with and her writing style is both amazing and impressive. The best RPer, to be sure.
    Other Awards:

Favorite Character: Jericho Heiko by Kiklion- I looked at the SU of Jericho knowing I would like the character, but the way he is played by Kiklion is even better than I imagined. Besides being absolutely hilarious, I find the way she writes his posts to be nothing short of spectacular. His interactions with other characters, his way of thinking, his remarks and details about him, all amazing.

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I'll get to this later. Maybe. Probably.

Thread Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplay: TBA
    The best roleplay created this or last month (after the 1st of March). The winner will receive a new title and bragging rights.

Best Veteran Roleplay: Earth & Sky

Earth & Sky may be a rather small roleplay, but it makes up for this by having a team of dedicated roleplayers and a very dedicated GM to boost the actual fun factor of the RP sky high. Aside from a mistake or two, which is totally understandable, I've had an overall very pleasant experience in this roleplay. I think one of the biggest things this roleplay has going for it is it's GM though. The GM really makes or breaks a roleplay and in this case Quto is very timely with his responses which are individually thought out for each character. He also discusses possible character development with the RPers and seems to have a wide variety of legit choices characters can make to change the outcome of an RP.

Earth & Sky takes place in a tournament setting, but it's far from your standard tournament. It more resembles Jurassic Park than any prototypical tournament I've seen. Characters are given an entire island mini-region to explore full of unusually aggressive pokemon and hectic weather conditions, as well as some interesting unique locations. The dynamics of training are further fleshed out with various styles of trainer specialization, enough to cover practically ever major niche of strategy I'm aware of from the games. Characters collect badges for doing various tasks around the island that vary quite intensely, and use these badges as a pass to get into the 'finale', a final tournament style battle to win a single wish.

I can hardly wait for more. :P

The most creative, different and original roleplay. The winner will receive a new title and bragging rights.

Member Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplayer: TBA
    The best roleplayer who has joined the Roleplay Corner this or last month (after the 1st of March). The winner will receive a new emblem and bragging rights.

Most Improved Roleplayer: TBA
    They may have started out as noobs, but this player has flourished and bloomed into the great roleplayer that they are today. The winner will receive a new emblem and bragging rights (and perhaps a few nostalgic blonde moments).

Best Game Master: Quto

Quto kind of reminds me of myself in several ways (...), most notably the amount of work he seems to put into making his RPs work. Not a great deal of GMs can foot giving a bunch of individual characters their own quests to go follow. It takes a LOT of work and is extremely hard on one's muse. That being said, although Earth and Sky is pretty small I'm still impressed with his work. He talks to RPers about possible character development, isn't afraid to show humility when an inevitable mistake happens, and he certainly doesn't keep us waiting long.

Some other GMs have some of these traits as well, but when I look at Quto I see them exemplified the most out of anyone I've observed so far, so he definitely gets my vote.

Best Sign-Up Writer: TBA
    This player can write interesting and well written sign ups in their sleep. The winner will receive a new emblem and bragging rights.

Most Helpful Player: Sir Bastian

I'm going with Sir Bastian on this one because he always seems to be willing to put the work in to do things and do them right regardless of the context. He will go above and beyond the duty to help as evidenced by him taking up GMing Pokemon Fallout with me. He exemplifies this quality better than anyone else I've had the pleasure of observing and it's an excellent quality for this award more-so than anything else.

Best Roleplayer: TBA
    The greatest player who seem to be great at everything they do (oh, how we envy them!). The winner will receive a new emblem and ultimate bragging rights (and probably an oversized ego).

Other Awards:

Favourite Character: SuperVegeta ...Selene Evans & Mark Wilson

Favouritism really doesn't require an explanation, I don't think. But hey, if you want to know what I like about them, keep reading! Selene Evans and Mark Wilson are two young trainers that I've had the pleasure of interacting with in Pokemon Trainer Academy for a long time. Having gotten to know them as characters I've found myself very much liking some of the qualities they display, and at the same time I've found them to have clear flaws, many of them endearing. Selene heralds from an island and related to this is the fact that she isn't always so ... modern as the rest of the world at times and Mark... well... Mark's so chill he just never gets around to stuff sometimes. Also he's afraid of water.​

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
  • Akio's Nominations, 2012 Quarter 2

★ Second Quarter 2012 Nominations ★

Thread Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplay: Undecided

Can't decide!

Best Veteran Roleplay: Pokemon Trainer Academy by jackblaze
    The best roleplay created before last month (before the 1st of March). The winner will receive a new title and bragging rights.

Pokemon Trainer Academy. It's the biggest RP on the site, and even when the plot is still, it remains interesting. This is the Goliath of the RP Corner, and it deserves some credit.

Most Original Roleplay: Earth and Sky by Quto

Earth and Sky. Quto has made an amazing and original storyline, even though it is based on Pokemon. It enters a darker, more lifelike world of Pokemon, with so many story points, secrets, and twists and turns to keep us glued to it. It's still accepting members (in fact, we're playing with four characters only right now) and I would recommend you at least take a look.

Member Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplayer: Undecided

Can't decide!

Most Improved Roleplayer: PinkSapphire

I'm sure people will disagree with this choice, but I stand by it. Does she make spelling mistakes and grammatical errors? Yes. However, I see her asking for help and critique from others, trying to improve her own abilities. I don't see that from a lot of people; and rarely do people ask to be criticized, due to large ego. PinkSapphire did. I'm nominating her because she is showing initiative in attempting to better herself, through any means necessary. Maybe I'm seeing a bit of myself in her actions. Nonetheless, it's something I feel should be honored.

The gamemaster who organises, entertains, is helpful, friendly and just generally good at their job. The winner will receive a new emblem and bragging rights.

I'm nominating Quto, specifically for Earth and Sky. As mentioned before, the idea is original, creative, and very in-depth. To add onto it, he's a great GM and has the players' interests at heart. For example, my character Kiba (for Earth and Sky) has had a very intricate story and background. Quto and I have gone back and forth with long, enormous private messages, usually coming up with fun and exciting things to happen in the story. The latest one would be that uber-long post I recently made.

Best Sign-Up Writer: Undecided

Can't decide!

Most Helpful Player: Arcaray
    They may not be the best roleplayer, but they certainly are active, keen to help and always a pleasure to have aboard a team. The winner will receive a new emblem and bragging rights (and a gold star).

I'm nominating Arcaray, because of something that happened that had caused me to leave an RP (though it shall go unnamed). Arcaray actually took the time to write out a private message to me about the whole ordeal, saying that she would miss having my character in the RP, and that she felt the whole thing unfair toward me. She also offered a spot in an RP she may or may not make, hoping I'll join. If you're reading this Arcaray, I will try to make a character for your RP (if you ever decide to make it).

Best Roleplayer: PkMnTrainer Yellow
    The greatest player who seems to be great at everything they do (oh, how we envy them!). The winner will receive a new emblem and ultimate bragging rights (and probably an oversized ego).

Yellow. Definitely. All of her characters continue to interest me, and her RP quality is wise yet at the same time sarcastic, which I find hilarious. All-around, she seems like the best RPer I know of.

Other Awards:

Favourite Character: Lucy (Pokemon Fallout)
    They may or may not have started out as duds but this character has developed into something we enjoy reading every post of. The winner's creator will receive a new emblem and bragging rights.

Lucy the Gulpin Wielder. I've only just started Fallout with my new character (Amethyst) but I know about Lucy, and the character in general is humorous to me; not only that, Lucy and Amy will probably form a bond that I just find... Hilarious.

I HAVE SPOKEN.

Pkmn Trainer Butthead

Proto (Not the *****)
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Best Rookie Roleplay: PMD Darkness Lurking by Limanya

Best Veteran Roleplay: Pokemon Trainer Academy by JackBlaze

Most Original Roleplay: New World Order by Aspie3000

New World Order gets my vote because of the whole new monster universe it created. I mean, letting the RP'ers create and develop their own monsters to use and train is just awesome, and ive never seen it done before. This RP takes the traditional systems of pokemon and puts them into a whole different universe. Hats off to Aspie on the creation.

Best Rookie Roleplayer: Meganium90

Best Game Master: 雷影 イチロ

Best SU Writer: Elite Killer

Most Helpful Roleplayer: Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers

Best Roleplayer: Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers

Best Character: Balalawhiessel by Greiger in Star Wars: A Republic Dark Age (That name alone deserves it)

I'll finish this when I am done stalking Reviewing.

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • ★ Second Quarter 2012 Roleplay Awards ★

Thread Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplay:

Kingdoms At War: The Dark Ages

This rookie roleplay shows signs of achieveing greatness. It's original fantasy world set out by the amazing ShinyDiamond is nothing short of being comparable to that of L I T A N Y by Cirrus and Hyrus by Raikiri and Supervegeta. It has amazingly, and throughly thought out characters that I'm sure will assist the roleplay in being the best on the board. Hence why it is my nomination.

Best Veteran Roleplay:

Years Of Lies

I can't believe this roleplay has gone through so many awards without so much as a single recognition. Years Of Lies is now a year long Roleplay based loosely on a supernatural version of the Hunger Games. Suffice to say, it is amazingly, and single-handedly run by the most beautiful Eeveemaster9 and I cannot wait to finish this Roleplay with her. May the odds be ever in its favour.

Most Original Roleplay:

L i t a n y:: A Song of Worlds

With a seemingly original world and lore, Cirrus has brought an amazingly unique roleplay to the corner. Even with the genre of high fantasy being common in roleplaying, the effort to create not just a world but a roleplay set in that world as well deserves some form of recognition. Here's hoping Litany can show us it's many facets.

Member Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplayer:

Unfortunately, I abstain from this award.

PinkSapphire

PinkSapphire was an interesting addition to the Roleplay board. Her constant cries for attention in order to better her Roleplaying skills has lead to her improvement over all. Her almost constant discussion in the Roleplay Discussion Thread shows her continuing maturity in the way of Roleplaying as she assists others with compliments and aid in the same manner she asked for compliments and aid when she first arrived. As such, she deserves the honour of being most Improved.

Best Game Master:

Skymin

I am nominating Skymin as best GM since she is probably the reason Atlantis Arising is still running, as she constantly keeps me going and when I know I am unable to do anything with Atlantis whether it be stuck for inspiration or life giving me a hard time, I know she is there to hold my back and will readily take control when I need her to.

Best Sign-Up Writer:

ParallelZero

A previous Mod of the Roleplay Corner, and they barely even get noticed? Ever since I first Roleplayed with ParallelZero in MaNiKiN, I admired their SU's, the formatting is one to remember and the amazing detail they put in it makes their character come to life. This lack of failure in describing all aspects of a character is why I nominate ParallelZero for Best Sign-Up Writer.

Most Helpful Player:

-DeepImpact-

The main reason I am nominating DeepImpact is due to his helpfulness with the Roleplay Library. Seemingly gone unnoticed, he did a huge favour for me in looking through the board from now back to its beginning to to find any finished RP's so I could add a new section.

Best Roleplayer:

Zerin

Despite failed Roleplays and somewhat 'original' ideas, Zerin has displayed exceptional professionalism when it comes down to Roleplaying. His characters, vary rarely display motions of Godmodding and Mary-Sue-ness and more often than not are very well portrayed. His roleplaying skill is out of this world, and he is somewhat in a league of his own, if it weren't for Supervegeta already being in that league. Zerin deserves the highest commendation this board can give him and as such, is my nomination for Best Roleplayer.

Other Awards:

Favourite Character:
    .​

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
  • Thread Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplay: Pokemon VR: Game of Chance
    I waas first reluctant to join this RP, & now see it's a smash hit. The way the setting takes place at, I'm always interested to see new places. That is why I nominate this RP!

Best Veteran Roleplay:

Most Original Roleplay:

Member Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplayer:

She first started RPing in only one RP, then she attemtped to join more RPs. It was a little difficult but she pulled it off & is now RPing in many RPs, even fixing her grammer. She now has two RPs she made herself!

Best Game Master:

Best Sign-Up Writer:

Most Helpful Player:

Best Roleplayer:

Other Awards:

Favourite Character: Daniel Sabrak by Sir Bastian in Pokemon Trainer Academy
    When I met his character, it waas really fun. His character drew a picture of the class' Pokemon, including my Zorua. I was glad to meet him, & had fun with Daniel. His hair also looks cool. Venturing with him in the swamp, it waas a great feeling with Kilik & Daniel being friends.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I might change my mind or add names in the places where I haven't, before the nominations time is up.

Thread Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplay:
    not yet decided

Best Veteran Roleplay:
    Earth and Sky!: Pokemon Battle Royale!

It does look rather awesome. I read it once in a while and I'm amazed at the ideas Quto has. Its players are dedicated as well.

Most Original Roleplay:
    l i t a n y :: a song of worlds.

Because we usually don't see such fascinating detail in fantasy RPs around here.

Member Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplayer:
    Meganium90

This member just plunged into the RP corner FINALLY and posts in a well worded and neat way in PTA. More rookies who are as enthusiastic as Megan, please.

PinkSapphire

Best Game Master:
    Greiger

The Shattered Era is deep and the GM seems to have everything planned out but is still flexible depending on what the players do in the RP. While I sometimes feel bored with playing as a pokémon, this hasn't occurred in Shattered. What drives me is the amazingly vivid characters and setting that Greiger has created along with the fact that I just have to know what happens next in the story. On top of this, he is mature and kind and a good RPer himself.

Best Sign-Up Writer: me *clears throat*
    parallelzero

I can't lie. I do like stylish SUs, when they aren't too messy. I don't, however, accept SUs more readily just because they have tons of images and formatting. But parallelzero's SUs are both a joy for the eye and have really interesting characters.

Most Helpful Player:
    not yet decided

Best Roleplayer:
    Lincoln West

He writes in a style that is detailed without being boring, and where I can easily follow what's happening and what characters are feeling.

Other Awards:

Favourite Character:
    Atticus ermm, The Librarian or wait

Well, seriously then. Soul from Arcanum.
    Mr. Mammoth's character. I first thought he was a bit cliche and weird, but Mammoth really has me hooked on this boy's story and I hope I'll see much more of it when summer = activity comes

Its a tie though, with a character that is from a now dead RP. Katharina from Foreigners.
    Miss Doronjo's character. I'm not sure if we can vote for characters from dead RPs, so... We all know Shawn loves to play comical characters, and this was the grand peak of it, according to me. Kathy is just... hilarious. Awesome. For Science!

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • Thread Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplay: Pokemov VR: Game of Chance

I was too late with joining this RP, but it looked really fun :) I've read some posts and i really liked it. The plot is very cool and it makes sense too ^^

Best Veteran Roleplay: Pokemon Trainer Academy

Alot of people post in this RP because they find it fun just like me. Most RPers in this RP try to make their posts detailed and really good, so you don't usually find people that only describe that their characters are talking and walking. Most of the RPers in this RP have two characters which already shows that more people like it. First i thought this RP had no plot at all, but now it does! And i think it's a cool plot :)

Most Original Roleplay: Sonic The Hedgehog: Legion of Chaos

This RP has a very original plot i think, it is about the emeralds, but instead that there are NCP's as enemy's there's a group of RPers the enemies. Right now there's also a love triangle in the RP which is very funny to read.

Member Awards:

even though i don't know this RPer very good, this person joined PTA with alot of enthusiasm. Meganium has posted alot already even though he/she just joined PTA.

Most Improved Roleplayer: ---

Best Game Master: Red's Hawt Chibi Pellipers

I've seen the way this RPer controls his/her roleplays and i think it's awesome :3 i'm not sure if this RPer does all the GMing alone but she answers all people's questions and seems to have fun in doing so ^^ (yes, i'm such a stalker! :D)

Best Sign-Up Writer: -----

Most Helpful Player: ShinyDiamond

i know a few people will disagree with me but yes i'm sure about this one :3 ever since i joined PC he tried helping me anyway he could~ (he recommended PC to me). he still tries to help me anyway he can and even helps me GMing my RP Youkai Academy :3

Best Roleplayer: PkmnTrainer Yellow

i like her characters and her posts never bore me :3 you can't find a single grammar mistake in her posts either (in the opposite from me xD). she also really writes out the situations her characters are in, and what they are feeling on a certain moment. That's kinda the reason why her posts never bore me i guess :)

Other Awards:

Favourite Character: Spike in Legendary Rebels II: the Human War.

I'm not in this RP, and that's why I'm chosing him :) I usually like a certain character in the .... 9? (Gotta count in my signature) other RP's I am in :) so that's why I chose to read another RP and I decided to read Gijinka Academy, Legendary Rebels II and desease deoxy's. My favorite character out those 3 was Spike :) how he acts is funny, he reactions are funny and his appearence is not bad either, plus it suits his name. I find this a cool character and I have really laughed about the posts ^^​

Last edited:

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
    Years
  • Thread Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplay: TBA

Member Awards:

Best Game Master: Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers

Best Sign-Up Writer: TBA

Most Helpful Player: TBA

Other Awards:

Favourite Character: TBA

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
    Years
  • Best Rookie Roleplay: ???

Best Veteran Roleplay: ???

Most Original Roleplay: ???

Best Rookie Roleplayer: ???

Most Improved Roleplayer: ???

Best Game Master: ???

Best Sign-Up Writer: ??? (Damn, I can't vote Raikiri...)

Most Helpful Player: Raikiri. He's always willing to give advice and a little boost (or shove) towards posting. He even attempts math homework!

Best Roleplayer: ....Derp

Favourite Character: My vote goes to Supervegeta's Ryuu Akuma (<--Doing last name off the top of my head) from Years of Lies. I can feel the anger and bloodlust (Is this a good thing?!) through every dripping word uttered through his lips. I have fallen for a cold, apathic killer. Ryuu gives a sense of constant danger and excitement among the participants of the games, in a way that can not be topped.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • Thread Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplay:

Most Original Roleplay:

Member Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplayer:

Best Game Master:

Best Sign-Up Writer:

Most Helpful Player:

Best Roleplayer: Pkmn Trainer Yellow

Other Awards:

Favourite Character:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    That's all I'm doing folks! Good luck to all the nominees!

Thread Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplay: The Elite Army

It took me a while to decide on this one. Mostly because there are some good rookie roleplays out there. Just seeing the art on the first page of the OOC was enough to get me pumped up! Seeing how the story is about an army of trainers is different from the average journey RP. I also enjoy how the plot has the Elites, the best of the best, being kidnapped left and right and even killed off. Dang! That already shows how powerful the villains are! The sign up is also very unique having the players even talk about positive and negative traits their characters will have as well as likes and dislikes, thereby giving a more unique character than most roleplays would start out with. This roleplay already has a great premise and will no doubt be an enjoyable one to keep watch over.

Best Veteran Roleplay: Earth & Sky: Pokemon Battle Royale.

When I first joined the RP I joined thinking it would be a basic roleplay. Trainer goes here, battles this person, wins a badge, rinse and repeat. Boy was I wrong! Quto has done an excellent in job in making Earth & Sky different from other journey RPs. One of the main things that the roleplay has is a sense of danger. There is always something lurking around a corner and it's up to you, the trainer, to either run away or face the challenge. There are no punches pulled around Lethia. There are no police officers to come in and save the day and even the officers that run the tournament have their hands full of rouge trainers and other kinds of activities that go around on the island. There are strong opponents in this tournament and if they wanted to, they could very well leave you dying in a ditch. It's not only a journey roleplay, but also a survival roleplay at the same time. It's up to you to find a place to sleep at night and to make sure that you're not attacked by angry wild pokemon. There are no pokemon centers or marts out there in the wild, it's just you, your pokemon, and whatever allies you've managed to tag up with.

Most Original Roleplay: While I was deciding which roleplay to nominate I was thinking hard about it. Probably much harder than I should have. Originally I was thinking about nominating two different roleplays that looked unique. Then I remembered the OOC that had been passed some time ago. It took me a while to remember the name but I eventually did.

l i t a n y :: a song of worlds defintely deserves this title. If the OOC is any indication, then this roleplay will definitely raise the standards for roleplays around here. Just looking at all of the art and all of the information alone made my eyes water simply because I knew I had just witnessed a new pinnacle in starting up a roleplay and had the realization that I would never be able to make a roleplay as beautiful as this one. Cirrus had poured his heart into this roleplay and just seeing the history and realizing how much he worked on breathing life into this world is more than enough to make it original. Most roleplayers, including myself, write a few paragraphs and slap history on the top. He went over the top in making an original world... from scratch. Just let that sink in for a moment.

Member Awards:

Already Meg has gotten into the groove of roleplaying and is doing a pretty good job in PTA. He's been quick to post and has been doing well in making Danielle a living person. He's taken the time to type out Danielle's thoughts and have her act like an eager trainer. Sure, his posts aren't perfect yet, but if you didn't know he had just come into the roleplay section and you read one of his posts, you would assume that he was a veteran of the corner!

Quto has done an amazing job with E&S. He's made it very obvious that he has no favorites. He performs dice rolls to make things more fair for his players and also doesn't pull his punches. I always get the feeling that he throws things at us to test us and to see if we have what it takes to get over the obstacles. He wants to see the players working together as a team and to take on whatever the world throws at us. He's a very humble GM and always apologizes over any mistakes he has made and even will admit when he's made a mistake. He also enjoys communicating with the players and will inform us of how he intends to take the story.

Best Sign-Up Writer:

Most Helpful Player:

Best Roleplayer: Sir Bastian

In all the roleplays I've been in with Bastian I have noticed one thing, he can play a multitude of characters and he can play them well. If you read farther down then you'll know that, in my opinion, he does an excellent job in portraying the cowardly Axel. Not only can he make Axe a likable character, but he has many other characters he can breathe life into. First off, there is Dexter Aroughs from Uncharted Waters. I would have a hard time so much as making my character talk like a pirate, and everyone else seems to have a hard time doing that as well. Sir Bastian can have Dexter talk with a natural accent. Just look though his posts and everyone else posts. We all sound like we're trying to sound like pirates, yet Sir Bastian can pull off the accent with natural flair... or he just spent a huge amount of time editing his words to make them sound more pirate like, either way it shows his huge dedication to his character.

Another character he portrays is Daniel from PTA and I have to say that I find the character interesting. More so is how he portrays Alexis. Both are given life and aren't two dimensional cut outs. Another is the character of Caedmon. Yet again, Caedmon is a different kind of character, a Knight who is slowly starting to see how wrong his way of life is. The posts are detailed with Bastian making great use of just what kind of thoughts go on through Caedmon's head. There is a lot to be said about how he can portray many different characters, and yet still have fresh material to hand out. In summary, he makes his characters feel real. I know lots of other roleplayers do that but I believe he should be given credit for his work.

Other Awards:

Favourite Character: Axel from Disease Deoxys.

When I first started participating in DD I simply saw Axel as another generic character. Someone who was the guy who would always turn tail and run. At the beginning, he was just like that but as Sir Bastian has breathed life into the character and has given a more defined personality, I find myself eager to read the posts that star the little mouse. Axel has been through thick and thin. He's been tracked down by infected, been captured and infected with a weaker strain of the disease, and he's been beaten and bruised by other infected. Yet, he's still searching for his trainer. I know most characters would just say 'screw the trainer, I'm out of here' but Axel is different. Not only is he determined to find his trainer, he's determined to find him even through the chances are high that he's dead and there is an equally high chance he'll die in his mission. I also love the way Axel can calm down and even put some humor into a dire situation such as when he tries to compare Number to a plushie of her species... only to chicken out of saying the sentence.

In all of his posts you can tell the Axel is frightened of others and sees potential threats... and yet he just can't just stand to see someone suffer and will do whatever he can to help such as with the young Charmander. He's whiny, yet he's the guy who will stick by your side. He's the guy that inspires his friends, such as Flight, to go looking for him even thought Flight doesn't know him that well. He's kind and considerate and is always a joy to have by your side. All I know is that it's going to take a lot to keep that Raichu down.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Best Rookie Roleplay: TBA

Best Veteran Roleplay: TBA

Best Rookie Roleplayer: TBA

Best Game Master: TBA

Best SU Writer: TBA

Most Helpful Roleplayer: ShinyDiamond

Best Roleplayer: TBA

Best Character: TBA

miley810

Assassin
    Years
  • Most are gonna be blank 'cause I really haven't RPed outside of my own RPs recently.

Best Rookie Roleplay: N/A

Best Veteran Roleplay: N/A

Most Original Roleplay: N/A

Best Rookie Roleplayer: N/A

Most Improved Roleplayer: PinkSapphire- I've watched her roleplay a lot, from probably four or five months ago up till now, and I see a lot of improvement in her post quality and length. I guess that's explanatory enough.

Best Game Master: PkMnTrainerYellow- Although I haven't actually been in any of her RPs, I've looked at them and stuff before, and I like how she handles things.

Best SU Writer: PinkSapphire- I've seen her different characters, how she's descriptive and such. How she doesn't let her characters seem perfect, makes them seem real. I like that, which is why she's obtained my vote.

Most Helpful Roleplayer: ShinyDiamond- He's definitely been helpful with me and keeping my RPs alive. He often helps me get through writers block, and I've seen him help other people around. Definitely no one better in my opinion.

Best Roleplayer: MickFizz- I'm not exactly sure how to put this, I kinda feel rude saying this. MickFizz's posts are always good quality, and a pretty fair length. And he's usually pretty good at pushing through writers block, keeping things going, and posting as much as he's needed to. All in all, I nominate him.

Best Character: Spike by ShinyDiamond in Legendary Rebels II (and the original Legendary Rebels.) It's kind of weird. I've always liked Spike's personality, his attitude. His appearance aint half bad either. xD

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • These nominations are final. There were a couple of categories I didn't vote in, but it took me a while to decide who! :)

Thread Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplay: The Elite Army
    This RP has a TON and I mean a TON of potential success, and I really hope this wins the award. The plot is amazing, and I swear, that once you read it, you'll want to join it. I look forward to posting in this RP everyday.

This was my very first RP that I joined + posted. This was where I tested the waters of RP and learned my ways of Rping in this. The Pokemon Trainer Academy is very newbie friendly, and as a NU/W mod, this would be one of the RPs that I'll recommend to the new RP members that join the community, as well as the RP corner. Kudos to the Game Masters of this RP, by the way.

Most Original Roleplay: N/A

Member Awards:

Best Rookie Roleplayer: N/A

As a longtime lurker of the RP corner, I've seen this member blossom for a while. She's posting for a ton of characters, and still manages to make few amazing posts. :3

Best Game Master: Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
    Oh, Rika. What can I say about you? I love your RPs. I hope to join one of your RPs someday, because of how you GM your RPs is just simply amazing. :3 You're such a natural, I must say. ^_^

Best Sign-Up Writer: Parallelzero
    His SU for Litany: A Song of Worlds is so astonishingly beautiful. Don't get me wrong, I've seen a few of his SUs as well during my lurking era and they were all beautiful. Makes me actually vision these characters in my mind vividly. :3

Most Helpful Player: N/A

Best Roleplayer: Megaman765
    Kudos for this guy right here for creating great RP posts in PTA, as well as other RPs that he's in. I just started interacting with him recently, and...omg...he's FAST! XD But still, he's really amazing and very lax. :)

Other Awards:

Favourite Character: Greiger's own Lucia Francisco Bernavard from PTA
    In my newbie days of roleplaying, Greiger's character, Lucia, was my character, Danielle's first friend on PTA. She has some great Pokemon, including her funny and cheerful Combusken, Tyro, and the seriously protective Scizor, Roberto, who would do anything to protect her and her friends. Lucia is talkative, and sweet, and she's a really good battler. Anyone who has either battled or at least interacted with Lucia knows that she's the nicest person you've met. :)

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Thread Awards

Best Rookie Roleplay:
    Pokemon VR: Game of Chance
    Normally I am not a huge fan of Journey RPs, but this one has captured my attention and has been great to be involved in. It's fun, has great RPers and characters and Red has put a lot of work to make it different than any other Journey RP I have been in.

Best Veteran Roleplay: Years of Lies
    Years of Lies has gone under the radar for the most part but it is one of the few truly great RPs, as it reaches/will reach its one year anniversary. Very few RPs can lay claim to that honor. Regardless, Years of Lies is a solid RP. Sure it's activity is volatile at times, but it has collected RPers determined to see the ending of a well crafted story, that is sure to entertain. Heck, it barely has started yet and I am already highly anticipating to see where the characters are headed. Shame, Supervegeta has to be in it though.

Member Awards

Best Rookie Roleplayer: プリンセスサファイア- Having RPed with her a little bit, I can speak for her skills as one of the better Rookies I have seen here on PC. The posts never lack in length and have a good amount of detail. Hopefully, we shall see more of out of her.

Most Improved Roleplayer: The Great Raikiri sees no improvement! On a serious note, I have no nominations.

Best Game Master: Skymin and Ichiro
    When you know people have busy lives, it becomes understandable that RPing or any real hobby becomes difficult to tend to, but these two manage to do it. I have no idea how, and hopefully I will find their secret but manage to stay committed to Atlantis Arising and want to see it to the end. They have constructed a fairly deep world in Atlantis and are telling a great story, but makes me forget that I am waiting 3 weeks to post at any given time. They have plans for every character and are open to suggestions or ideas. It's great to have GMs that are open to feedback and freedom. It is something you don't always get here.

Best SU Writer: Cirrus
    Cirrus is one of those RPers who is skilled with fancy coding and make his SUs look pretty and well formatted and all that good stuff, and sometimes when you do that you fall in a trap of not writing a good SU. But Cirrus doesn't. He creates fully realized characters, leaving no section unintended but not going overboard on detail (like I am guilty of doing at times). He finds that golden middle.

Most Helpful Roleplayer: Supervegeta.
    Supervegeta doesn't want the nomination, so he'll get a brief description. He helped me a lot make Hyrus a reality. He did some work. Not a lot, but enough to be considered "most helpful."

RHCP is a great RPer and has gone unrecognized long enough! She is active, always creates entertaining posts and has a great number of characters under her belt to help tell her stories. On top of that, she is GMing two RPs. That is a lot of work to undertake, but RHCP accepts it and thrives under the pressure.

Other Awards

Best Character: Oakley North by Skymin in Atlantis Arising
    One of my favorite characters in Atlantis (better than that Leon Nef). Skymin plays the quiet yet interesting Oakley well, giving me some of my favorite posts in the whole RP. What I love most is her ability and the unique side effect it has on her when she excessively uses it. You don't see balance like that often in super power RPs.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    And now the RPAs are officially closed!! (I was probably a little late :B)

Good luck to all the candidates! I'll review the nominations with my team and we will get back to you with the winners soon(ish)!

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

The Elite Six
    presents...

THE ROLEPLAY AWARDS
    Second Quarter 2012

"Welcome, to the official announcement of the second Roleplay Awards of 2012! I am your host and leader of the Elite Six, Champion Lance. We find ourselves here again to showcase. Each category has been carefully chosen by a team of fine roleplayers who agree with me that even invisible talent should be shown to the world (or in this case, the community).

So, without further ado, let's get on with it!"​

Best Rookie Roleplay
    The Elite Army

The Elite Army (GM'd by TurtleKing) s not just another Pokémon roleplay. After the disappearance and murder of several Elite Four members and travelling trainers, an individual puts together an army of elite trainers to oppose a threat who claims to 'take back everything that was his. You play as one of these elite players to restore order back to the world.

The Elite Army is not only fun, but well-developed even in its early stages. Before the first page RPers can are given the chance to interact (with each other and their characters) and given small leaks of future possibilities to keep them further engaged. Along with this, the RP is fun and the work put into it can be seen by the writers who participate and those who are looking from the outside in. To add to the positives, the Roleplay has so far shown no limits and is still open for all to enjoy!​

Best Veteran Roleplay
    Years of Lies

Years of Lies (GM'd by Eeveemaster9) is an original spin-off on the Hunger Games series. Each year, a 'Population Games' is held among the districts, including the Demon, Angel, Human and Vampire Districts. Four teenaged members from each area come together to compete in a fight to the death and only one member from each district may be the winner. This year though, things seem to be turning out a little differently...

Years of Lies is almost a year and a half old now and still kicking. Though some may groan at another Hunger Games plot, this one is entirely different and creative, taking into mind supernatural beings, with each character as strong and fragile as each other. Eeveemaster9, despite being only sixteen, has managed to keep the boat up on her own shoulders, managing more than a dozen characters to cater for every player. Kudos to Eeveemaster9 and all the players, you deserve this award!​

"Although not quite nabbing the victory this time, another RP that deserved consideration for the award for Best Veteran Roleplay was Earth and Sky!: Pokemon Battle Royal. With a strong plot and a group of loyal, diligent RPers under an exceptional GM, Earth and Sky has become one of the most prominent RPs released this year. It has certainly been one of the most active. If it should remain a consistent and high quality roleplay, which is quite likely, Earth and Sky can become the one of the best RPs of the year."​

Most Original Roleplay
    Litany: A Song of Worlds

Litany: A Song of Worlds (GM'd by Cirrus) is a high fantasy roleplay set in a fictional realm called Khellius. After decades of peace throughout the nations, a massacre during a festival sparks a way between them. Players play as mercenaries near the conclusion of the great war and play to discover that not all is what it seems.

The first thing to know about Litany is the amount of work Cirrus has gone into it. The detail about the nations, the magic and the beautiful and touching back story. The story just belongs in some crazy JPRG game and just the overall feel of it, you know it's going to be a good roleplay. The participating roleplayers have extremely well written posts; it's such a joy to read. And it's highly recommended that others do also.​

Best Rookie
    Meganium90

As a long time member and a year long moderator, it was a surprise to see Meg join us and another surprise to see how great she was off the bat! Her style is consistent and she writes so detailed, like she's been a part of this corner for decades. Kudos to Meg, and we hope to see loads more from you soon!​

Most Improved
    -DeepImpact-

First known as the 'annoying moron', -DeepImpact- has really soared past his early days. If we all remember back last year when he joined the RPC as 'rustymenon', he still used abbreviations like "u" as you in his sign-ups. It is a great pleasure to bestow this award to -DeepImpact-; though he may still be an annoying moron, he's flourished well-developed writer.​

Best Game Master
    Skymin & 雷影 イチロ

The GMs of Atlantis Arising, our well known Ichiro and Skymin, have done a marvelous job in their roleplay. As the duty of all GMs they have given their participants a fine plot and stern set of rules to make their experience the utmost enjoyable. While it's true that the RP itself goes slow, this means nothing! Both the GMs and the roleplayers themselves still stay strong to the story of Atlantis and not a single person has been lost or a single ounce of enthusiasm withered! It's even true that the RP itself has gotten an award in the past, if I'm not mistaken. With two wonderful people that have created such a masterpiece it's just one of the downsides of battling that prevents me from participating.​

"I personally thought Quto really deserved the emblem this time around, so I was a bit disappointed when the others didn't come around. For an RPer who still more or less qualifies as new to the board Quto does exceptionally well at his job, starting up a very respectable RP (Earth & Sky) where his dedication to his RPers really pulled through where a lot of newcomer GMs don't.

Sometimes, the timing of a great achievement just isn't right, and so it is hidden in the shadow of something else. I sincerely hope Quto knows that he doesn't need our approval to know he did well."​

Best Sign-Up Writer
    parallelzero

Long (REALLY LONG) time roleplayer, moderator and now assistant admin, parallelzero's sign ups are always a marvel to look at. Each section is never too long and never too short, but filled with every detail you need to know about his characters. They are never dull, never boring and are never something you toss away when he joins your roleplay. They are always easy to read, never clunky and the formatting and complimenting picture is the cherry on top of an already delicious cake.​

"Cirrus deserves to be noted as an honorable mention for the hard work he puts into his sign ups. The last few sign ups I have seen him write have been eye catching with his ability to enhance them with eye catching coding, formatting and the occasional well placed picture. But it was the writing quality that caught my attention. His characters are detailed and developed. The writing is fluid and easy to read. Best of all, his sign ups are fun to read with his characters becoming easy to imagine. I can imagine they are as fun to play as they are to create."​

"Another member who needs to be mentioned is Miss Doronjo. Not only are his sign-ups always a pleasure to read, all of his characters are unique and hilarious. Like they came straight from a crazy anime or JRPG. I kind of celebrate whenever he joins a roleplay that I'm in because I know that no matter what, Miss Doronjo's gonna make it fun."​

Most Helpful
    -DeepImpact-

At first, Deep Impact did not make a good impression in the Roleplay Corner, but as time has passed, it seems he has grown as a Roleplayer and become something less of an annoying Roleplayer. It can been seen that he has somehow redirected this effort in helping out his fellow Roleplayers; most notably with Ichiro's attempt to maintain the Roleplay Library. His efforts do not go down in vain and as such, I proclaim -DeepImpact- to be this quarter's Most Helpful Roleplayer.​

Best Roleplayer
    Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers

Largely overdue, the decision to make RHCP the Best Roleplayer was an easy one. Having graced the RP Corner for longer than most, she has proven countless times her writing ability and creativity. She has posted at a consistent and qualitative rate, despite the number of RPs she was in. Her characters are great to interact with, and always creates entertaining posts. She has had a lot of work to undertake, but nevertheless, doesn't falter. She is truly deserving of being the Best Roleplayer.​

Favourite Character
    Kiklion's Jericho Heiko from Atlantis Arising

Because of the super vague and not very detailed entries on this one, we decided to pick a nomination on our own. After carefully wading through the dozens of characters, we decided that Jericho Heiko from Atlantis Arising would be the winner in this one. Jericho's sense of humour is refreshing in a generally serious roleplay, reflected amazingly in this Oscar-winning post here. His ability to make tension in the super-serious that is the Syndicate makes for interesting drama and Jericho's wit and attention to the smallest of details makes every post lively and engaging. Well done to his puppet master, Kiklion!​

"I give my fondest congratulations to Jericho and his victory in receiving the first ever Character Award. However, the decision was by no means a landslide. There were several nominees for this fresh award and all of them--yes, absolutely all of them--were in a mad fight for the winner and were miliseconds off from each other in an amazing photo finish! But while congratulating these people as well, I must focus my attention on the character who had the toughest fight with our Jericho: Daniel Sabrak. A student at the well-known Pokemon Trainer Academy, Daniel Sabrak is a charming boy who, even with the tendency to run at the mouth, is overall likeable. Any post he's featured in is enjoyable to read and makes us feel we were watching the life of our best friend or someone we wish we knew. Daniel Sabrak is a well displayed character and it's almost a shame that he hadn't won this round. Maybe he'll have a good shot in the next RPAs"​

And that's it! Thank you all for your patience, we'll see you in the next RPAs!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back