• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3 Cheers for the Evolutions That We Actually Like!!

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
Years
  • So one look around Pokemon General will give you many examples of threads about Pokemon/evolutions that people hate, or think are ugly etc. So this thread is going to focus on the positive for a change!!

What is your favourite alter-generation evolution or pre-evolution and why? So an evolution of a pokemon that comes in a different generation that what it evolves from.

Personally I think Crobat was an excellent evolution to Golbat, and I've always had a soft spot for baby pokemon as I love the concept. My absolute favourite oddly though, would have to be Steelix, it's just an awesome evolution to Onix. It's a cool design, did a good job of implementing the Steel type and when I look at it I can still relate it to Onix.

And please no one mention the evolutions that you hate.

Years
  • I agree with steelix being one of the best evollutions. Hes so powerful and massive. Steel types are just awesome. He was a great improvement that onix needed.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I don't understand why everyone hates the 4th gen evos they rock except for two of 'em.

Roserade, Togekiss, Electivire, Magmortar are all WIN.

Ayselipera

I might as well list all my favorites while I'm here.

My favorite baby evolutions.
    - Cleffa
    - Igglybuff

My favorite alter evolutions.
    - Crobat
    - Bellossom
    - Steelix
    - Tangrowth
    - Kingdra
    - Scizor

The bold is my absolute favorite of that group.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • My favourite cross-generation evolution would have to be Yanmega and Porygon-Z. The main reason I like these Pokemon is because, in my mind, they vastly improved the original Pokemon, both in design, stats and movepool (Bug-Buzz on Yanmega gains awesome STAB :3.) Not to mention they've proved extremely useful for me when battling and they've got me out of a lot of sticky situations.

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Porygon-Z (although I prefer Porygon2)
    Scizor
    Steelix
    Crobat
    Gallade
    Espeon
    Umbreon
    Glaceon
    Electivire (I don't like the family, but put it behind Blue Fire seals, and it looks mint)
    Froslass

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • It's wierd how much I hate most cross-gen evos, but at the same time, I'm totally into Mamoswine. I just think a woolly mammoth Pokemon is an awesome concept and the evo from Piloswine with Ancientpower (y'know, because mammoths are ancient...?) is brilliantly implemented.

Years
  • I rather like Tangrowth. It's just a bigger Tangela, but there's something else I can't put my finger on that I like about it.

I don't really care for the babies, but Cleffa is pretty cute.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Cross-generation evolutions? My favorites are Crobat, Steelix, Roserade, and Gliscor. XD

Back