• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 3 New Scans

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    wooot first post! looking good cant wait for this game :D

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    on the portait scan the one furthest to the right. under dorapions arm it shows dorapion as your pokemon and another pokemon. i kinda looks like gold duck and golduck migght have an evolution.

Omnicron

Game Critic
    Years
  • Today i saw pics of starters on Serebii, and i was hoping they were fake. And THANK GOD they are! These starters are awesome! I especially love the fire one. It's no torchic, but it still looks **** awesome.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    The Fire starter just looks stupid. =\ The Water starter is okay, but nothing great. The Grass starter, however, is so cute! ^o^ *Huggles it.* It seems to me like Nintendo is running out of ideas, but at least they do have some good Pokémon. The starters are a major dissapointment for me, though. I'll definitely start with the Grass one in Diamond and Pearl. But at least they didn't break the type tradition. ^^

It also seems that Pokémon contests are back, and they seem to be more complicated, too. I can't wait to see (As in, see more screenies and whatnot.) more of these games.

Last edited:

Plateface

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2007
    i wonder why that spokeswoman from GAMEFREAK said the starters were fighting psychic and dark. i am diasappointed that no new types are brought into here, BUT. these ones kick the crap out of Hoenn ones. YES! i am actually pleased.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • Finally, some pics on the starters. But I'm sorta sad that the Fighting/Psychic/Dark aren't real, cuz they looked really good. I'm gonna be starting off with the Fire starter, as I always do, cuz they game is usually harder with them. They all look good to me. I'll be getting Pearl the same day I'm getting Diamond, so I'll already have 2 of the 3 starters in my possession... I wonder what their shiny forms look like!

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    So I guess it's confirmed those are the starters? If they are they're pretty cool...I'm leaning toward the Grass starter right now though.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • I think it is cool that they have a monkey pokemon that isn't Fighting type. It looks really cool IMO. I think I'll start with the Water starter on Pearl... I use the Grass starter on my second play thru Diamond, cuz the Grass stater looks like its evolutions will be lame...

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • Yay! Now when I first saw these pics, there was no doubt in my mind that these were starters. They look like the traditional starters we have come to expect in the games. ^-^

Though, the F/D/P fake starters were really cool... maybe they'll be regular wild pokemon? Probably not. Ah well, they're still cool.

As for the real starters... I absolutely adore Poochyama, it reminds me a lot of Torchic, but a water version. Hikozaru is all right... it's cute, but I've never been a huge fan of monkeys. I imagine its evolutions will look something like Slakoth's. Naetoru is too cute as well! I'm a huge fan of beetles (which is what it's supposed to be, ne?), so I've gotta love the little guy! =3

I'm gonna have a hard time picking just one!! XD

InfiniteZero

I never change my Avatar. D=
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    Starters are semi-decent to me. The monkey one is exceptional; they needed a monkey pokemon besides Aipom.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Anybody who disses the water starter. 3333>

I ganturee I will hurt you.

Years
  • I think I'm going to start off with the grass starter. It's between him and the water starter, but I think I like the grass starter better.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I love Naetle's look right now, I'm probably going with it as well. Not too fond of Hikozura, and I only have one thing to say about Pocchama...Penguins man, PENGUINS! FINALLY

Back