• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen 3 on 3 BATTLES!!!!

Years
    I'm not sure how I feel about 3 on 3 battles. I mean, I think it would be kool and everything, but wouldn't that mean less exp for each pokemon involved? Then again it could be so much fun I forget about that little detail.

No, because your opponent has 3 Pokemon too.

3:3=1:1

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    3 on 3 seems too slow, pick action for all 3 pokemon then watch them all go...2 was perfect, but its still in, i saw a wild double battle i think.

and for the surf/earthquake, i hope that at least 1 pokemon randomly dodges it everytime.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Eh... Well, I'm not a big fan of stratagems, really. I'm more of a button masher -- kill it before it kills you, you could say. And triple battles come off as having a lot of strategics involved.

On the other hand, triple battles will offer a way to level up more Pokemon at once at a faster pace?

Though I have to admit, triple battles do look quite fun. I've tried my hand at competitive battling before but it still.... failed to hold my attention. I kinda think triple battles might do the trick this time. .....Maybe, idk.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Eh... Well, I'm not a big fan of stratagems, really. I'm more of a button masher -- kill it before it kills you, you could say. And triple battles come off as having a lot of strategics involved.

On the other hand, triple battles will offer a way to level up more Pokemon at once at a faster pace?

Though I have to admit, triple battles do look quite fun. I've tried my hand at competitive battling before but it still.... failed to hold my attention. I kinda think triple battles might do the trick this time. .....Maybe, idk.

Yeah they will provide a faster way to level up your pokemon that is if it's against trainers and not wi-fi only...As they give your pokemon a 1:1 ratio of EXP :)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    To be honest, I wasn't a massive fan of this, and I'm still not 100% totally sure on it since I think it'll be way too cluttered, especially with larger Pokemon, but at least they're making it somewhat interesting with the attack positions and whatnot. I just hope 3v3 battles don't mean me being ganged up on by 3 kids, like double battles normally are like. Can't trainers just say "Hey, I fancy a 3v3 battle" instead?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    To be honest, I wasn't a massive fan of this, and I'm still not 100% totally sure on it since I think it'll be way too cluttered, especially with larger Pokemon, but at least they're making it somewhat interesting with the attack positions and whatnot. I just hope 3v3 battles don't mean me being ganged up on by 3 kids, like double battles normally are like. Can't trainers just say "Hey, I fancy a 3v3 battle" instead?
    We might be surrounded by triplets 0_0. Have you noticed how the twins are always little girls never boys or older girls and guys...

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    *Is loling harder than ever, because the racist "Black and White" jokes are even funnier now that this game features street brawls*

Personally, I'm waiting for Pokemon Clan Wars, where you can just send all of the Pokemon in your boxes at your opponent. :D

I dunno. I like Black and White, because it will feel like a new game, just like how Gold and Silver felt compared to RBY, but...

I dunno.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Personally, I liked getting "ganged up" by 2 Trainers in RSE! When you wipe the floor with them, it's more embarrassing for them since they had another person to help...

That "side Pokemon only attacks side Pokemon" concept is...intriguing, partially. I'd rather have moves like EarthQuake hit all Pokemon on the field aside from the user (both allies and all three enemies), but that might break the already-delicate battling system. The "2-on-1" scenario that occurs in double battles when a teammate faints was bad enough. 3-on-1 would be pure slaughter. :( Anyway, from what I understand, the "side-Pkmn" correlation structures the battle so, each Pokemon will only get hit by a maximum of 2 attacks, in part preserving one of the double battle system's pros.

Though, if a Pokemon uses Earthquake, you shouldn't be able to "avoid" it just because you're on the side in a battle! EQs tend to have massive radii, from my gaming+real world+TV experience... :\

EDIT: I hope these battles will also be few and far between in-game, because Pokemon battles (single and double) are already long enough... Additionally, if a Battle facility appears (along with Wi-Fi battles), I hope single, double, and triple battles appear as separate options. I hope the big Pokemon (i.e., 3-on-3 Wailord battle) won't clutter the screen as I anticipate they will... :( Nevertheless, I'm glad the system has become somewhat similar to other party-based RPGs...

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
    LOL, all 3 opponents are leech seeded, all 3 of yours have ingrain and leftovers, and theres a sandstorm, aswell as the opponents being poisoned.

like someone above said, imay die from text overload. all this for 1 turn:

magikarp's health was sapped by leech seed
    magikarp's health was sapped by leech seed
    mahikarp's health was sapped by leech seed
    roselia drew health from its roots
    roselia recovered health using leftvers
    magikarp is pelted by sandstorm
    roselia is pelted by sandstorm
    magikarp is hurt by poison

plus all the animations......

if this is possible on wifi, i think people are gonna make teams just to do the above!

Lycanthropic-Manx

Mr. Kitty
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2014
    I'm interested to see how these triple battle things turn out. Personally I think it sounds pretty neat, but then again I can be sickeningly positive.

Years
    LET'S ALL REFER TO SILHOUETTE'S SIG.
    Pokemon fans are especially whiny about everything.
    You guys are all gonna bash this, then buy the game, then love the feature. I know it. It ALWAYS happens.

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
    I'm growing to the idea of 3v3 battles. I mean come on, who doesn't wanna send Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno in all at the same time ;)?

Back