• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen 3 on 3 BATTLES!!!!

TheNewRocketMovement

Nothing suits me like a suit.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    Hmm, I guess it could work, but I wouldn't want them to reduce the power of moves like Earthquake anymore than they already have.

As long as there weren't too many 3 vs 3 battles in the game, like 1 or 2 of them in the game, or a battle against the 3 admins of The New Rocket Movement (I'm still dreaming that that'll happen) before you face Giovanni.

They could play about with this idea for something like the battle frontier, there's always the idea of having 12 pokemon in your party instead of 6 (Only for these battle frontier battles, I'm not sure if I love or hate my ideas)

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    I think it will be an exciting new battle experience, but at the same time too cluttered. Double battles were cool, but now 6 pokemon on the field at once? seems a little too busy. but, it sounds kinda cool so i'll give it a shot!

TheNewRocketMovement

Nothing suits me like a suit.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    Triple battle strategies?

I know not everything is known about triple battles is known yet, but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for strategies yet, how would you take advantage of the extra target and teammate?

Last edited:

Pokemafia

I hate the 3v3 battle idea, hopefully it won't be implemented in the vgc, stratergies will be hard to make until we've seen all the pokes, selfdestruct, surf, anything that damages your own team is now pointless.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    I just hope that moves like Rock Slide/Surf/etc. will do something like, only hurt the Pokemon at the middle the most and the one from the sides to be dealt less damage.
    I'd hate really quick and easy battles. I really want some challenge in here ! >:-C

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    i would DEFINITELY team up my charizard, metagross, and tyranitar.
    100 win streak in the battle tower with them. oh yeah

Years
    Follow Me user (flying type or levitate)
    Earthquake user (better with STAB)
    Flail or Reversal user (with horrible defense)

First turn: attack with Earthquake user and another move while using Endure on the Flail or Reversal pokemon.
    Second turn: use Follow Me and different attack with other pokemon and Flail or Reversal on pokemon left standing :D

Oh yeah! i'm figuring all of this out! hahaha

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
    ...so many people are putting the old Pokemon they'd use when you can't use them when you first play the game XD. I like the idea, since it was presented as a possibility in the anime. I doubt there'd be 4 on 4 in the future.

3 vs 3 will probably end up having its own place in the plot, like maybe 3 admins of Team Plasma vs you and your friend, or maybe at one point in the story you're cornered by 3 girls, like on Route 34, or 3 Team Plasma grunts. Plus it's a cool way to change up the way you battle, and it does make you think more when deciding what to do.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    ...so many people are putting the old Pokemon they'd use when you can't use them when you first play the game XD. I like the idea, since it was presented as a possibility in the anime. I doubt there'd be 4 on 4 in the future.

3 vs 3 will probably end up having its own place in the plot, like maybe 3 admins of Team Plasma vs you and your friend, or maybe at one point in the story you're cornered by 3 girls, like on Route 34, or 3 Team Plasma grunts. Plus it's a cool way to change up the way you battle, and it does make you think more when deciding what to do.

I like those ideas! Taking out all 3 admins... and the team up makes sense, you having 2 friends to make a total of 3 between you. But that 3 girls... as if getting attacked by 2 little ones wasn't enough, now you gotta get gang banged by 3! It's funny though... And I like with rotaion battles you can rotate your Pokemon, but it not cost as a turn. :D

Charizardomination

Kanto Champion
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    This is stupid one more pokemon woopdee doo. Eventually well have hundred vs. hundred battles with tons of plusls and minuns using helping hand. SO MUCH FUN

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2010
    Oh nice. 3on3.. wew . that would be awesome... sorry if im not reading the thread but when will it come out?

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Bad idea is bad.

By 6th Gen, I wouldn't be surprised if Pokemon Battle Royales were introduced. Seriously.

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020

Well I noticed each odd gen adds 1 more pokemon, gen III added doubles, and gen V just added triple, making me expect 4 pokemon by gen VII...

I'm not sure about this. I mean I guess the 3 on 3 battling is kind of like how the anime is, where they have a 3 on 3 battle except this time we'll be able to have all three pokémon out. Four on four just seems quite the odd and I haven't seen anyone call a "4 on 4" battle before.

It might not be the most appealing new feature, but it isn't half bad either. I'm actually really excited to see how this goes and can't wait to hear more upcoming news about the game.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

I'm not sure about this. I mean I guess the 3 on 3 battling is kind of like how the anime is, where they have a 3 on 3 battle except this time we'll be able to have all three pokémon out. Four on four just seems quite the odd and I haven't seen anyone call a "4 on 4" battle before.

It might not be the most appealing new feature, but it isn't half bad either. I'm actually really excited to see how this goes and can't wait to hear more upcoming news about the game.
    Me neither but if it continues the pattern then we could very well see 4 on 4...

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    Didnt like it at first, but now I think it might actually be uberfun. Kinda exciting to have that much pokes on a field, I just hope it turns out nice

Back