• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3 things that you wish were in Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    I'm pretty sure if you counted all the little notes I made after the general wish, it'd be way more than three, but it's the principle that counts, right? *gets bricked* Anyways, I'd want :

1)A freaking baby for Kangiskhan, seriously. If the next gen comes out with any first gen babies that are not that, I will stab someone in the face. I'm also sick of baby Pokémon for first gen. Other than the Kangiskhan baby we need, I think we have enough for that generation. Same goes for evolutions. If Lapras gets an evo or preevo, consider a slaughter waiting to happen. A move rememberer like in Mystery Dungeon would also be nice. (If this is something already implemented in the newer games, then ignore this comment. I haven't played very far in them) I also have to agree with trainer/Pokémon interaction(at least a little, visiting them and petting them or something), and more battle displays. I'd like to see an attack actually missed, dodged, or be ineffective, for Pokemon to hurt themselves in confusion, and for them to have real animated sprites like in Crystal.

2)Mm, different interaction between boy and rival and girl and rival. (Has little to do with the fact that I ship game rivals... >.> <.<) Also, slightly more individual characterization between the girl and the boy. Also, though many people are asking for customizable character design, I think that would be difficult enough as is for the creator to make it now. I think clothing options, at best, should be considered, maybe. (same with custom Pokémon. As MartianOditty said, this is Pokémon, not spore.) I also want a "mean" rival again, at least to the degree of Green/Blue. I sick of these pathetic losers who you're so buddy-buddy with. A female might be fun.

3. For it to be a bit more like GSC. There are way too many features I loved in those games not to want to include them all. I loved being able to give your money to your mother, having the PokéGear to call people and such. I loved seeing Red and Blue/Green again. (I'd like some form of return to Kanto in each game, even if a bit brief. Preferably the entire region, only if it doesn't cut gameplay out like the safari zone and such. My brother and decided that Red having different sets of Pokémon would be amazing. All the starters, a psychic, and an awesome normal from that generation. I would be in love.)

3: Less nerdness.(How many times have you been called a nerd for likeing pokemon.)
    I completely disagree. I couldn't care less about what people say. If fact, I'd like it to be even more nerdy, just to spite you. I'd also want more challenge. remember Pryce's ice gym? I want a real puzzle like that again. That is one of the things that really got me to love Pokémon in the first place.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I think I would like them to..

1.Bring back the Bug Catcher Contest..
    2.Make shinys more common..
    3.Change the Pokemon story line I'm tired of the same thing.. Win 8 badges Beat the Pokemon league.. It's boring..

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE

Lurker from the deep
    Years
    3. Pikachu not in the game. He's in all of them (In G/S/C he's unavailable until you reach Johto)... it would be unexpected. XDDD
    2. New downloadable areas. (That was a very cool idea, whoever said it.)
    1. Some interesting characters. Not all 'I'm a Gary Stu out to save the world'. *eye roll*. Some one who only speaks by calling their name like a Pokémon. XD
    0.5. More interacting with your friends. Like, download them onto your game fight a lot of double battlers. Or battle with them live against two other people else across the world. =D

NeoZX

◊Change the Future◊
    Years
    The 3 things that I want in pokemon are:
    1. The ability to customize your character at the beginning of the game. (Hairstyle, gender, name, body shape, clothes, hats, etc.)

2. Better move animations, I'm tired of looking at a Prinplup using Metal Claw, please, don't just include the effects, include the pokemon animated to match the moves's effects. (When Prinplup is using Metal Claw, Prinplup should be slashing the opponent with it's hand that syncs with the effect of the attack.)

3. Able to go to ALL region after obtaining the National Pokedex (But to upgrade to the National Pokedex you need to finish the game not see all pokemon in the region.)

Well, that's all, any comments or objections? :P

Aitania

overwhelming c u t e n e s s!
    Years
    1. Character Customization:
    Yeah, lots of people said that. For me it's the exactly the same reason.
    2. Careers or Quests:
    Okay well, I don't want to just be a trainer! I want to be a breeder! Make quests at least, because all I'm doing on the game is catching pokemon and training them : /...
    3. Pokemon Interaction like Yellow:
    Yep, I LOVED Yellow. It'd be cool if instead of riding a bicycle, you could really ride a Rapidash : D! Besides, it'd be cuter if you could interact with your pokemon more : )

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    tm/hm's is a good one

mabye a better story line (they did pretty good in ranger shadows of almia)

a more interactive systems with the npc's (you never actually see yourself say anytin itd be cool to decide when team rocket asks u to join them)

Years
    1) Customise your characters appearance. (In certain places you have to change to warm or cooler clothing you know because of weather)

2) Make a more darker storyline in one version and a nicer one (for kids) in the other.

3)Pokemon follow you (like yellow), have better sounding cry's and different starters types (like psychic or steel?)

If you dissagree please be nice about it.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    1.) On the show I wish Ash would evolve Pikachu.

2.) On the games, yes I agree with the Pokemon following you thing. But I wish any Pokemon could follow you and you could talk to it anytime.

3.) I wish there would be remakes of Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

bluesonic1

I like this place <3
    Years
    1, An explanation of how TMs/HMs work. (best theory Ive heard is in Pokemon X)

2, Slightly more common shinys (I've never even seen one...)

3, Original, good-looking Pokemon designs (get away, Seel and Probopass!)

Go on, what are your 3 things?

1. More realistic pokedex entries
    2. More realistic actions and RL explanatations (like what is Pokerus in RL?)
    3. More original storylines ^_^;

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    I think my biggest thing is that I wish the Pokemon World (in the games) were more colorful. Every town feels like it is just there as a vessel to push you to the next gym. I appreciate things like the Lottery Corner and such but that's not enough. I want reasons to stay in towns a bit longer.

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
    the thing is now kids dont really know anything about pokemon because they are just to young to have seen the first seasons

it would be great if a game that was adapted to people who know what they are doing and have so since the first episode

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Wow, an Interesting topic, to say the least? And only three things?
    Hrm.

- More places to explore. I mean, Like all the regions. I know people have already said this, and I agree with them. But I'd like for the regions to be bigger. It's not like we're asking anything impossible. The carts on which DS games are stored actually have tons more space than they actually need for the game. So a bigger region/all the regions certainly is possible?
    - More Challenge. Nintendo ought to make the AI think alot harder. An AI that uses growl every turn, a potion every now and again, and never ever switches Pokémon gets a bit boring, and it's really too easy to beat them. Also, the levels could be Higher, and the Pokémon could have more interesting movesets. I mean, I LOVE playing through games doing Solo runs, Ect, with unevolved Pokémon, but It really shouldn't be that easy for me to beat the game. Even though pokémon is intended for kids, maybe a difficulty switch could be built into the game?
    - Customiseable Sprites. The formula for the current games gives no feel for originality. The only thing that says who you are as a person is the team you use. And sometimes there's not even that, since people seem to be sticking with the same teams in Wi-Fi for effectiveness. So something to DEFINE you as a person over Wi-fi other than your team would be nice. I mean, nintendo can do this for PBR, but they can't do it for the Handheld games?

Those are the three main things I'd like to see in a pokémon games, but there's more
    - Visible IV's/EV's
    - Better sprite animations [Like crystals, which were ftw]
    - A more original storyline
    I could go on...
    But I won't.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    All of my ideas apply to a Wii version of the Pokemon games, with nice 3D graphics and stuff.

1) Have your teams Pokemon involved! For example, somebody mentioned you'd be able to ride your Rapidash around the place! Or, when you fly, it would be cool if there was a little thing where you leapt on you Staraptor and flew up high, showing you above the region. Then choosing where you want to go...then flying back down again. Every Pokemon could have a special "talent" be it acting like a Bicycle (Rapidash, for example), or Flying with a nice animation (Staraptor, for example). Others I can think right now is using a "large" Pokemon, like Torterra, to ride on. I don't care if it serves no purpose, it would just look amazing. Also under this category, being able to "speak" with your Pokemon. In my opinion, this would work best on the Wii. Perhaps you have an option such as "PokeSpeak", where the game converts to a little mini-game of such. Basically, you let out your Pokemon, and you can "talk" to each one and see how happy they are, pet them, or just look at them proudly XD This would be really cool IMO and would involve them that little bit more.

2) TRAINER CUSTOMIZATION!!!

Like the other people, trainer customization would rock. Perhaps you start off with the usual costume, but you can change your hair colour to start off with. As you progress through the game, beating more Gym Leaders or winning contests/breeding certain amounts of Pokemon, you gain some new threads and accessories. Make your way to a Pokemon Center for example, and change your clothes! Also, if you don't want to start off wearing a Trainer costume, you can choose between wearing a Breeder costume or a Contest suit, perhaps...which brings me onto my next point...

3) Being able to choose your "career". This might even correspond to three different games but this is my opinion, right? Lol...Choosing between a Trainer, Breeder of Contestant would be cool. However, I don't know how you would make a game out of Breeding...perhaps after beating the game, being able to "buy" a "farm" of sorts...sounds similar to Pokemon Ranch? However, I only added it to my wishes cos I know people like Breeding...I'd much rather be able to be able to choose in competing in Contests and participating in the Gym challenge. Both would require trainer battles, however, perhaps introducing a new system for the Contests where instead of just gaining EXP, you gain "Contest Points" which basically add to your Pokemons coolness/toughness/cuteness/smartness etc. That for me would rock, and there'd be 8 different Contest halls, as well as a Contest hall which acts as the Elite Four of the Contests...you know what I mean? It would give people a chance to do the things they want to...

Anyway, think I've done enough. :D

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    1. violence; maybe some cursing some sort of blood xD
    2. better graphics; true the more resent games have good graphics, but i would love to see the pokemon games maybe on PS3 or Xbox 360.
    3. trainer customazation

Tac One

OWN new Emld, Sapp and FR & LG
    Years
    I've thought this since the beginning of Pokemon. I would love to be able to see Pokemon that you have released out in the wild.

Years
    3.) I wish there would be remakes of Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Hell yeah I really wish they would make a remake of G/S/C. Just imagine how awesome would be for DS!!!!!

3: Less nerdness.(How many times have you been called a nerd for likeing pokemon.)

LOL just read my profile name to see how I feel about those kind of people.

Last edited:

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    3 things, make TM's like HM's. Evolution based on age. And make those ugly and silly looking and useless one's go away! aka Spinda

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back