• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3 things that you wish were in Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
    1) For crying out loud, there are over 400 Pokémon, so how come every grunt in Team Galactic has a freaking Golbat? I'd wish the antagonists would have more diverse sets of Pokémon. Also, I'm pretty bored of every fisherman having either Magikarp or Gyaragos. There are plenty critters to choose from! Don't get stuck with a single species of Pokémon for every similar trainer!

2) A game for Wii would seriously rock. It could be either a sequel to Colosseum of sorts, or then the remake discussed here before. On top of that, I wish the developers would realize DS can do a lot more than sprites and short animations. I wish there were at least some five-ish different attack animations: one for physical attack, one for special attack, one for status attack, one for miss, and one for hitting yourself while confused. Also, it can't be so hard to give the player some choices concerning the protagonist of the game. Maybe they could give us the chance to choose from three male trainers and three female trainers, with or without the options of changing hair colour etc. DS can do stuff, too, you know. It's not a Game Boy anymore.

3) More depth. I want to interact with my Pokémon. I mean, why can't I give them massages? Why can I only teach them moves and feed them with poffins without so much as a friendly pat on their head? Also, I'd love it if the Pokémon had a bit more personality to them. They have personalities, so it'd be easy to add a quirk or two that come with the personalities. Like, say, naive Pokémon could be slightly more vulnerable to status attacks than other Pokémon and relaxed ones could be slightly more unlikely to evade attacks. Calm ones could recover from status ailments more easily than others and so on, so that every nature has a good and a bad effect, just like they have to the stats.

Depth also means a more interesting plot. For instance, it would have been interesting to travel with Lucas for a while in D/P and then find out that his mother was killed by Team Galactic and he's been longing revenge all along. When you reach the Team Galactic headquarters, Lucas abandons you in his desperate need to avenge his mother. In the end, he'd end up saving you and being a good guy after all, but that'd sure add some depth to the game. Also, id it's too dark, the death of his mother could have been an accident after all. And that way, I didn't really even touch the actual plot of the game. It's not that hard to add depth!

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
    Infinate TM usage would be too cheap. Although I think all TMs should be available for purchase at the region's department store. Other than that:

-Trainer customization.
    -Battle animations that involve an actual animation for the Pokemon. The only problem I see with that is when Pokemon have moves they shouldn't, cuz of hackers.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    1.Relationships with trainers
    2.Ability to customize sprites
    3. Trainer Reactions and comments based on your age.

curdey

Pokénerd
    Years
    1. Be able to catch all pokemon eventually in the one game
    2. Have more gym leaders, thus more gym badges to collect
    3. Longer storyline

RandomBlues

Pokemon and Keroro Gunso=<3
    Years
    Hm...
    1)Being able to choose a 'Partner Pokemon' which cannot be released unless traded from this groups: (from counterpart series: -insert whatever starters x 3 here- )
    (from one part series: -insert whatever starters x 3 here-, Ralts, -insert whatever here- ), and also the evo forms of, and your partner have overworld sprites, like if Ralts evolved into a Gardevoir or Gallade, the partner sprite is that of a Gardevoir or Gallade.

2)Trainers and people changing comments very once in a while. After you complete the whole game, all trainers and people always say the same thing. Like, for the girl in Oreburgh that is beside a Psyduck, "Why would he name his Pokemon Yellow? There's still no logic." to "He should name his Psyduck 'Psy' or 'Duck', at least! But that's what he decided."

3)-Insert more than just one here-

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
    What I would like to see:

1. Out-of-battle actions and I don't mean HM's. Let's just drop HMs altogether and do Actions. What I would like is just as someone has said before, you can actually ride your Rapidash or fly on your Staraptor. Take your Starter for a walk in the city (and see other Trainers d the same) would rock. If one of those unsurmountabe one‑quarter‑tile‑high ledges blocks your path, have your Meganium vinewhip you up. SPent too much time training in a scluded island? Have your Pidgeot bring you the newspaper. The cave is too dark? Your Charizard has a flaming tail. Or you are not deep enough inside? Have Golem make a path for you.You are in a room and people are in a frenzy for some bizarre reason? Have Butterfree sleep them down. Lost in a maze? Have your Granbull sniff the way back to the entrance for you or Golbat find the exit by sonar. Team <Name> has sealed the door? Have your Vigorith punch it down or Gengar phase you across.
      Of course, for this to not to break the game (as in you would never need a bike, and no area would be actually inaccessible), those abilities would be reserved for eiher fully evolved Pokémon, or Pokémon who have a specific personality or moveset, maybe. Otherwise, it would be Gengar = Walkthruwalls... It would have to be done like, for example, Golden Sun did it.
    2. Time and Weather. Like GSC did it (day and night, with different events), plus _seasons_. A four‑seasons model with a specific set of variables (wind, humidity and light, for example) which affects your Pokémon both in (by moves) and out (by personality) of battles. Oh and the people around are affected too, like, in winter food-related items are scarcer, or in summer drinks are more expensive. Or simple things like scenery: one would find more trees in the spring and summer seasons, or roads may be blocked often during wintertime.
    3. Relationship with Trainers, just like some people have said, too. For example, you could be given aspecial Poké Ball for your starter. You could be able to play different minigames according to the Pokémon in your party. Hey you could have parties with your party to begin with. Or have your Pokémon tell you what they want: what specific food and items do they like. Or if they want to matebreed with a specific Pokémon in your lineup. Do they like to fight against a specific Pokémon? Or in a specific city? And that would make them happier. Oh, your starter Typhlosion does not like your new blue hat (see Customization) and has decided to burn it!
      Quirks like that.

More realistic battles would be a close 4th...

Asmo-deus

Psychomancy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    1. Wacky Gym Leader Type Combination. (Like if the Gym Leader specializes in Water Pokemon, She would have Water/Poison, Water/Electric and so on.)
    2. Customizable Character.
    3. To be able to go to other regions, and Gym Leaders of other regions having a cameo (Just like Jasmin!), and Gym Leaders that goes out of their Gym. (Platinum seems to have taken care of that.)

Heiheipig

- This is Madness? -
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    Here are my three things:
    1. Better storyline.
    2. Ability to travel to previous generation's regions.
    3. Trainer customization.

Years
    1. Clothes that you can change ouside of contests
    2. Better looking Poke Centre's (make them look more like hospitals than a room with a big machine)
    3. better sprites and more realisitc gameplay (travel wise)

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    What, only 3? Boo to that!

1. I know I'm going to sound repetitive but TRAINER CUSTOMIZATION damnit. It can be done easily.
    If I can unlock more items in marts, why not malls/stores for trainers to buy goodies for myself? I'd love to be able to choose my own contest outfits, or buy accessories for myself/my clothes/my bag. Dye/change my hairstyle? Maybe even a potion that alters my height slightly?

I'm not done yet.

-Perfumes. The trainer wears a certain scent and it attracts a certain kind of pokemon.
    __ex: Spicy perfume attracts pokemon that can learn mainly cool moves or whatever, and maybe even has a teensy little boost in condition. It could also attract fire/poison pokemon depending on the season and location or something.
    -Tailor your own clothes. Have you played Pokemon Prism? Something like that where you can gather wool/cloth and other items to tailor your own designs. I'd also love it if you could create pins and buttons to add to your bag to make it your own. Witty pins FTW.
    -Human salons/spas. Why do the pokemon get luxuries but not the overworked trainer? You could change your hair color and hair style (options vary by location) and even buy colored contact lenses. Get a massage, an interactive hot spring where you can bring in your pokemon and cause havoc (LAVA BATH), etc.
    ____These could all be parts of malls or individual stores in certain cities.

2. The return of different contest locations. Sapphire, you were doing it right. I don't like having to go all the way to Lilycove/Hearthome to enter all the contests! Have them spread out through cities, create poffins/pokeblock/whatever they're gonna make for the next game in a certain place and get a different level/flavor poffin. You know, make the coordinators work a little.

3. Pokemon interaction/changes. I want to be able to mess around with my pokemon a little. Cuddle them, lure them with food, run around with them...yeah.
    Have their natures change depending on how their trainer treats them. A naive pokemon could become lonely or timid if mistreated, and vice versa. A pokemon can even stray away if distracted or display its feelings toward you itself. I want to be able to navigate my flying pokemon when I fly with a real aerial view below. I want to surf long distances on my water type. I want to ride my own pokemon around and not have to rely on some stupid shoes/bikes.
    solovino explains it better than I can.
    -A wider variety of statuses. The pokemon have to get hungry or tired at some point, right? Maybe the nocturnal pokemon will sleep in the day until you send them into battle.

4. Catching games. Specifically I'd like to see this for choosing your starter. You and some other newbies get thrown into this garden thing with only one pokeball on you (but that ball has a 100% catch rate like the pal park ball) and catch the starter of your choice. The starter options could be a few pokemon of different types and of different regions rather than the generic fire/water/grass. That pokemon, if you choose, will always be out of their ball.

5. Differences. I'm not talking about gender differences (although some more noticeable ones would be nice), I'm talking about layout differences in marts/poke centers according to location. I'll be damned if the center in X town will be the same as the one in X city. One would assume that the city center would be larger. Also, maybe you could have the nurse joys have a distinguishing feature like differently colored clothes or the way she speaks to you.

...Yeah, among other things.

lapras queen

Ice and water trainer
    Years
    im very imaginitive and the three things that i would ike to see in pokemon would be

1- a pokemon that is made out of water

2- the move call for family to work in the games

3- a ghost type move that lets you walk through certain walls.

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    Well I have a thing I wish could be in the games.

1. Being able to choose your hometown. Maybe you want to live in snowpoint, so you can get Ice pokemon sooner, or live in Dewford, a quaint little island. The game would change the levels, the pokemon you find, and the gym leader order depending on what you choose.

Appletun

Trucy Wright ★★
    Years
    1. Customising your trainer.
    2. A game with ALL regions.
    3. Being able to team up with your favourite gym leader or storyline trainer (to a certain degree) in the battle tower or something. D :
    4.When you surf on a pokemon, its the actual pokemon that used surf, not just a wailmer. xD
    5. Having a pokemom follow you around the whole game. Like in good old yellow.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    I wish u could change clothes play with a friend throughout the story and and choose a hometown or make on!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Needs Moar Story! I know that it might be a bit much to ask for a pokemon game, but I just wish that there was a bit more depth to your characters journey across the region. I would also like to see more variation in the types of pokemon you can encounter. It's hard to train a pokemon you just caught during the end of the game, so getting more types earlier on would help. As others have said, trainer customization would be nice. I also wish that you would get more rivals. In the first gen you had one rival, but at least he was competent. In gen two, your rivals battle skills were toned down some, but at least it was neat to see how his view of pokemon changed throughout the game. In gen three, they just blew it. Sure, it was cool to have a rival that was on your side for a change, but it was annoying how you almost never battled them and every time you did they sucked. Nintendo should also try to shake off the kiddy image that has been clinging to pokemon games. Get some wars, political tension, and betrayal in there, Nintendo! I just think that pokemon could be so much more if they made it with more depth and made the game much harder. The game should also get larger towns and more interesting NPCs, possibly with side quests. In addition, there should be less trainer battles, but have the ones there are be less like normal wild pokemon battles. I'm sick of battling trainers with six pokemon, all of them exactly like the ones you would find in nearby tall grass. I want trainer battle with only two or three well trained, rarer pokemon.

Years
    I wish the games were made more realistic with aspects of the anime in them.

- Do away with TMs/HMs altogether and let Pokemon learn certain moves naturally and not forget moves. And pokemon like Charizard should learn Fly as soon as it evolves.

-The Move Deleter should be done away with because I find him unreal. You can't just make someone let alone a Pokemon just forget a skill, the brain doesn't work like that.

- Do away with the PC storage system and instead have your Pokemon transported to Prof. Oak or whoever your local professor is.

- More interaction with Pokemon should be available and make it like with the old Tamagotchis where you have to feed them, care for them, etc instead of just focused on winning battles all the time.

- Wild Bulbasaurs, Charmanders, etc should be available to capture

- Data should be recorded in Pokedex when you first meet a Pokemon and you do not have to capture all the Pokemon to complete your goal. Your goal can be whatever you want to be, like a Pokemon Breeder, Co-ordinator and not just a Pokemon Master and not just catch them all.

- Battles should be in real-time and free-range movement with special control pad movements to execute moves like with the Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat games, etc.

- Evolution will not happen unless the Pokemon feels like evolving so could happen at any time and levels should be done away with.

- A lot more stuff should be included or done away with but I'm not going to list them all because it will take forever. Basically most of the stuff you see in the anime should be included in games, possibly a future 3D Wii adventure or DS game.

Yes I know thats more than 3 but there is lots of stuff I wish were in the Pokemon games and to list just 3 is not enough for me.

LugiaFreak

Years
    1) Character customization would be awesome.
    2) Being able to travel with at least one Pokemon outside of its Pokeball, and also being able to interact with said Pokemon.
    3) Being able to see Pokemon beneath the waves when Surfing. That way, maybe you could try to avoid all those freaking Tentacool...

Artyte

Bin- No Pokemon Prejudice
    Years

1. More colour alterations, instead of having A shiny pokemon form.
    2. A game or movie with the graphics that would depict how pokemon are if they were in the real world that we were living in right now. Such as poliwag, that circular thing around its belly was described by Satoshi as being the intestines that you see in a tadpole.
    3. A MMORPG of pokemon that is super secured so that no one can hack in to make private servers and CGI graphics, no turned based systems like the original series, instead have a battle zone where you can move freely around to attack with the strategies that now holds true in the original games.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back