• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Gaming Challenge

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • Copying Dragon's 30 Days of Disney Challenge over in C&M. :) Since I am basically stealing the premise, I'll just copy what he wrote as well, because that boy dun right real good'n all.

"You've probably heard of a 30 day challenge before on tumblr and such, but, I'd thought it'd be fun to put it on here! To those who aren't familiar, each day you answer a question that correlates with the day - for 30 days. So basically, the challenge is to try and keep this up for 30 days, in which you can answer the questions on any way you want, even including images or videos, if you'd like. Just remember we're focusing on gaming here!

If its the next day, then you don't have to wait - you can start on the next day's question whenever you want~

If you miss a day, you can always go back to the question, as well as the current day's question."

There will be an emblem awarded to anyone that can post for all thirty days! :)

(Jan 16th) Day 1 - Very first video game.
    Day 2 - Your favorite character.
    Day 3 - A game that is underrated.
    Day 4 - Your guilty pleasure game.
    Day 5 - Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were).
    Day 6 - Most annoying character.
    Day 7 - Favorite game couple.
    Day 8 - Best soundtrack.
    Day 9 - Saddest game scene.
    Day 10 - Best gameplay.
    Day 11 - Gaming system of choice.
    Day 12 - A game everyone should play.
    Day 13 - A game you've played more than five times.
    Day 14 - Current (or most recent) gaming wallpaper.
    Day 15 - Post a screenshot from the game you're playing right now.
    Day 16 - Game with the best cut scenes.
    Day 17 - Favorite antagonist.
    Day 18 - Favorite protagonist.
    Day 19 - Picture of a game setting you wish you lived in.
    Day 20 - Favorite genre.
    Day 21 - Game with the best story.
    Day 22 - A game sequel which disappointed you.
    Day 23 - Game you think had the best graphics or art style.
    Day 24 - Favorite classic game.
    Day 25 - A game you plan on playing.
    Day 26 - Best voice acting.
    Day 27 - Most epic scene ever.
    Day 28 - Favorite game developer.
    Day 29 - A game you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving.
    Day 30 - Your favorite game of all time

So I'll go ahead and give my Day 1 answer! :)

Day 1 - Very first video game: PunchOut!! for the NES

PunchOut-GlassJoe.gif

As a kid, my dad would always play the classics with me. I have really fond memories of games like this, Mario Bros., Rygar, Karate, and many others, but Punch-Out!! was the one dad and I used to play a lot and he was always really good at it. He often made it all the way to Tyson, whereas I was too young to understand the mechanics. I'm pretty sure that this one is my very first though. :D

Years
  • Well, since I'm doing Dragon's Disney challenge I might as well add this challenge to my bucket list to do as well. So without further ado:

Day 1 - Very first video game.

................. I. Have. No. Idea. :( I guess the very first game I remember playing was this Mickey Mouse game called "Disney's Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse". And yes it actually says "... Starring Mickey Mouse":

Magical_Mirror.jpg

But enough about the name, it's time to talk about the game. So first off I never really played this game, my dad did and the reason for this? Because this game is the scariest rated E game you'll ever find!!! Basically, in the beginning of the game MM is sleeping and some ghost traps MM in a mirror, inside the mirror MM is stuck in an alternate reality that resembles his house. To prevent MM from leaving the ghost breaks the mirror and the pieces of it shrinks and flies to different parts of the house. So to fix the mirror MM has to find all of the pieces.

Well now you're probably thinking "what made it so scary?" And I don't have an answer for you. There were just parts in the game that were un-settling. One part that really sticks out in my head was when MM was in this entrance hall looking room with stairs going up and there was this huge chandelier hanging down and when you got too close to it, it would actually fall and almost hit you.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Day 1 - Very first video game

This one is kinda hard because I've been playing video games for longer than I can remember. But I guess I'd say it was probably something like Duck Hunt or Mario Bros.

Night Watcher

Hotdog MAn
    Years
  • Day 1 - Very First Video Game

I actually remember mine. It was Pokemon Ruby. I remember how I didn't understand any of the words and I couldn't even get out of Littleroot (It's Littleroot right?) so I gave up until one of my friends told me to go into the house next door and talk to a kid, then save the professor. Of course I did that but then I didn't know where to go after that. I just loved when I was stupid.

Day 2 - Favorite character
    My favorite character has to be Lucina by far. As soon as I saw her trailer for smash, I knew she was my character, and that's how I found out about Fire Emblem Awakening.

Day 3 - Underrated game
    The Dead or Alive series is probably one of the most underrated games imo. It had a big community that loves it, but isn't as big as Street fighter or Tekken.

Day 4 - Your Guilty Pleasure Game
    I don't know if this is really considered a guilty pleasure game but I guess I could call Mario Kart one of my guilty pleasures.

Day 5 - Game character you feel you are most like
    I guess you could consider me as Kasumi form DOA. She is determined to complete her mission, but only fights people if she has too. (I don't fight, I just get into arguments if I have too.

Day 6 - Most annoying character
    I think Slippy from Star Fox is really annoying. He gets into so many problems in the game that it isn't even funny.

Day 7 - Favorite Game Couple
    Avatar(Robin) x Lucina. I'll ship that for eternity.

Day 8 - Best Soundtrack
    I think Hyrule Warriors by far beats all other games. I never knew that the Zelda songs and the Rock style from Dynasty Warriors would fit together perfectly. I'm crying because it's just so perfect.

Day 9 - Saddest game scene
    This was really hard to think of, but probably for me would be when the main character(you) goes back to the human world in all the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games.

Day 10 - Best Gameplay
    Has to be Resonance of Fate. It's so fun killing abnormal creatures while following the storyline. It's replay value is high for me.

Day 11 - Gaming system of choice
    Wii U. All I'm going to say.

Day 12 - A game everyone should play
    Pokemon, duh!

Day 13 - A game you've played more than five times.
    Hm...Tough one... I guess I could say that I played Pokemon Ruby more than 5 times because of how I always get frustrated and end up starting over multiple times. I think I played it over 7 times.

Day 14 - Current (or most recent) gaming wallpaper.
    It's a picture with all my mains from Smash Bros into a box, it looks epic right now, and probably won't change it for a while, until it gets old popping up when logging in to the Mac.

Day 15 - Post a screenshot from the game you're playing right now.
    B1GIeqM.png

Day 16 - Game with the best cut scenes.
    This is a hard one also. I guess it's Dynasty Warriors, or Hyrule Warriors. They're both a tie for me. Beautiful cut scenes on PS4 and Xbox One.

Day 17 - Favorite antagonist.
    Jessie from Team Rocket. She's so funny in the anime, but so serious in the game, but she's awesome.

Day 18 - Favorite protagonist.
    Probably Lucina (Like all my other options for characters). I guess i'm just into Fire Emblem now because of how my cousin showed me how good Marth and Lucina is in Smash and how much fun the actual game is so far.

Day 19 - Picture of a game setting you wish you lived in.
    Hyrule Warriors without all the enemies and stuff.

Day 20 - Favorite genre.
    Fighting, Action, Adventure, kinda along the lines of that.

Day 21 - Game with the best story.
    I never play storyline games because they never appeal to me.

Day 22 - A game sequel which disappointed you.
    Dynasty Warriors 4. I used to play Dynasty Warriors 3 with my Uncle, but Dynasty Warriors 4 just disappointed me so much.

Day 23 - Game you think had the best graphics or art style.
    Smash 4. You can clearly see the fabric when they're in their winning pose.

Day 24 - Favorite classic game.
    Never played a classic game in my life. Unless Ruby is one of them.

Day 25 - A game you plan on playing.
    The new Fire Emblem game that was on the Nintendo Direct. Also DOA5LR.

Day 26 - Best voice acting.
    Fire Emblem characters. That game is the only game from Japan that has great voice acting in english imo.

Day 27 - Most epic scene ever.
    In DOA5 and DOA5U when the facility where the new Alpha 152 was made and how it blows up as soon as Kasumi defeats the clone.

Day 28 - Favorite game developer.
    Masahiro Sakurai

Day 29 - A game you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving.
    Smash for Wii U. I thought it wouldn't be as good as Smash for 3ds, so I was planning on getting other games, until I found out about amiibos and the graphics of smash for wii u.

Day 30 - Your favorite game of all time
    Has to be between the Dynasty Warriors franchise along with Hyrule Warriors, or the Dead or Alive franchise. :)

Last edited:

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Oh look, another thing I won't be able to keep up with. :P

Very first? Good god, man, I was like 2. I don't remember that, lol.

If I had to guess, it would probably be either the first LoZ, one of the Mario Bros. games, or Lolo. I know those were some of the first titles my parents bought for the NES, so they're the most likely candidates.
    Of course, it's also entirely possible that Pitfall on the Atari was my first, lol.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm down for this. We'll see if I can actually answer all the questions though....

Day 1 - First video game

I don't remember which one was first, or if I played them at the same time, but these two:

Grandia_coverart.jpg
    Pokemon_Yellow.png

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Day 1 - Very first video game.

I don't have one. Well, I'm sure I did, I had to, but I started playing video games at an very young age. At the time I had at my disposal an NES, a SNES, the Gameboy (original), and possibly the Sega Genesis. Problem is, I don't remember what was played. Super Mario Bros is possible, but there was also Duck Hunt, Super Mario World, Sonic, the random assortment of GB games (such as Shadowgate, Link's Awakening, etc.), but all this uncertainty just leads me to the idea that I just don't have a first game. I did, but now I don't.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    First game? Simple, Pokemon Red. Of course i was young at the time so probably did random things in it, however as i got older i played it and other games much more.

TY

Command and Conquer: Red Alert 1. I remember my dad bringing me into this RTS game when I was a little kiddo and he wanted to play vs me for a easy win. Little did he know that little ShadowE learned the game quick and defeated his own dad in his first game.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Day 1 - Very first video game

First off is it referring to very first video game played or very first video game owned? If it is referring to very first one played, I really don't remember. If it is referring to very first one owned, I think my first one owned was one that came out in the late 90s - early 2000s. I just don't remember what game it was.

Last edited:

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
    I'm pretty certain the first game that I played was Pokémon Stadium on N64. Of course I had no idea what I was doing, but my sister guided me through the basic controls and how to attack and whatnot. Luckily for me she wasn't much older so she didn't know shit about battling, but she still owned at the minigames.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Day 1 - Very first video game

Bubble_Bobble.png

Bubble Bobble for the C64. I was only 2 when I first started playing this, and made it to level 14 before I lost all my lives.

pkmin3033

250px-Supermariolandboxart.jpg

I think this game has earned a place on the shelf with the good Mario games, which is all of them...except Sunshine, obviously.

For my 6th birthday, I received an original Nintendo Gameboy, with this bundled with it. I was instantly captivated. I haven't played it in YEARS - I keep meaning to buy it off the eShop but I never get around to it - but I still have vaguely fond memories of it...the last stage was very, VERY hard for me at that age. I was a very temperamental child.

I'm pretty sure it was my first game...my childhood is a bit of a jumble. If it wasn't this, then it was Aladdin on the Sega Megadrive, when I was in hospital having my appendix carved out of me. That game was AMAZING.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
    I'm not sure, but I think that the first game I played was Pokémon Sapphire. And it wasn't mine, it belonged to my older brother.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Day 1:
    Sonic2-cover.jpg

On my 7th birthday I went to Freddy Fazbear's Uncle Milt's Pizza Place, a party restaurant that had no animatronics but did have a bubble machine that nearly blinded me. When the party was over and we were getting ready to go home, my Grandma Sharlene surprised me in the parking lot with one more gift. It wasn't wrapped, it didn't need to be. It was a Sega Genesis, packaged with a copy of Sonic The Hedgehog 2. What ensued is a 16 year obsession with the blue hedgehog. I didn't even actually beat the game until 10 years later! Didn't stop me from playing it though!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Yay! I thought about making this thread when I saw the Disney one in C&M, but I was afraid it might be confused with last year's 30 Days of Gaming, which was a very different event. :D

tumblr_nhtq0cWwSK1qb6v6ro1_250.gif

Like many of you, I'm not absolutely sure, but I think it might have been Tetris on the Game Boy. It was my mom's favorite game at the time, so she kind of showed me how to play. I was very little so I didn't really understand it, but I liked stacking blocks anyway, even though I wasn't very good at the whole 'clearing lines' part back then. :P

Years
  • Day 1 - Very First Video Game
    Dkc_snes_boxart.jpg

The earliest game I can remember playing is Donkey Kong Country for the SNES. I was around 4 or 5 years old, and I was in the waiting room of a doctor's office for some medical checkup or something. In the corner, they had a SNES set up to entertain the children waiting, and the game that was in it was Donkey Kong Country. I was able to beat the first few levels before it was time to go, but I had a BLAST playing it.​

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday

Command and Conquer: Red Alert 1. I remember my dad bringing me into this RTS game when I was a little kiddo and he wanted to play vs me for a easy win. Little did he know that little ShadowE learned the game quick and defeated his own dad in his first game.
    Jeez you were good at RTS even as a kid wtf

Back