• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Gaming Challenge

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
  • Day 1 - Very first video game

Really wish I could remember. Coulda been Paper Boy for the NES or Super Mario Bros. I remember Super Mario World being the first game I actually owned, but I'm certain I've played some other stuff even before that.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I hope I remember to keep up with this. Every time it happens I always forget by the end. :'(

Day 1 - Very first video game.

I couldn't tell you the first game I ever played... I know cousins and friends had consoles, and I assume they were NES and/or SNES, but it was too early for me to remember and I lived too far away from my cousins to play them often enough. My parents were very anti-video games until I was maybe about 8 years old. That's when they got my brother and I a Gameboy Colour and a copy of Pokémon Red to share... so my answer will just be Pokémon Red. :) It's the first game we ever owned and even if my brother and I had to awkwardly share one file, we both loved it so much. I can't imagine what my life would be like if my parents hadn't gotten us that game. ♡

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years

I'll edit this if necessary, but do PC games count? If so, Wolfenstein 3-D. What basically sums up my best childhood game ever. And this game would eventually be an inspiration for many future FPS games.

(I never truly played any console games prior to this game)

Last edited:
    Years

Noooo idea. The first game that I played on a console I owned was Super Mario World for SNES, but there were plenty of games before that and the only one I can really remember is some racing game for the NES.

Yukari

That's easy; Super Mario Bros on the NES! I also remember my mom telling me I had to eat all my food before I could play. And throwing it all in the trash and telling her that I ate it.

Good times.

pkmin3033

Well, it's the 17th for me now, so I'm going to kick off Day #2~

Day 2 - Your favorite character

Neptune, from the Hyperdimension Neptunia series! It was a toss up between her, Flonne and Meruru, but Neptune won on balance for the number of times she's made me laugh. Neptune does everything I love: she makes references both obscure and obvious, breaks the fourth wall frequently, and she can transform. Plus she's voiced by Melissa Fahn, who does such a fantastic job with her...she's so unbelievably sassy most of the time. She's the main reason I persevered with the original Hyperdimension Neptunia (which left a lot to be desired in the gameplay department, especially when put next to Trinity Universe, which did everything it did, only better) and one of the main reasons I've come back to every other instalment, and why I've grown to love the franchise. She's got so much personality!

...plus her explanation of why PP exists was gold. xD

Years
  • Day 2 - Your favorite character

Oh man this is a hard one I'll have to think of this for a while...

6 Minutes Later... (No Legit It Took me 6 minutes to think :P)

I choose Pit from Kid Icarus: Uprising.​

Voiced by Anthony Del Rio, Pit has a lot of funny dialogue throughout the game mainly because it broke the fourth wall a lot.​

[ythd]o1vYEzhmzyg[/ythd]

And also he wasn't a serious character. You can tell with the dialogue that he was more fun and childish which I think added more to the game than a character that's like "Must kill... Everything must die... I'm Pit a servant of Palutena sent here to kill all of you..."

DerpyTails

PokeBrony
    Years

This one is quite hard for me as I have a lot of faves :p
    But my first favorite is Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog because he was the first sidekick I've seen in a video game and plus, his future incarnations (for the most part) we're awesome :)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • My favorite character...
    This definitely has to be divided =D
    As for male characters, I can't help but to say Minato Arisato from Persona 3. Especially because P3P is my most favorite game ever.
    As for female characters... well that has to be someone voiced by HanaKana... and that is... Plutia from Hyperdimension Neptunia. Pretty much my whole reason why I got into Neptunia fandom =D

Honorable mentions:
    Onii-sama (Tatsuya Shiba) from Mahouka Out of Order, since that is finally released.
    Marie from Persona 4 Golden, my biggest reason for loving P4G =D

Well, it's the 17th for me now, so I'm going to kick off Day #2~

Neptune, from the Hyperdimension Neptunia series! It was a toss up between her, Flonne and Meruru, but Neptune won on balance for the number of times she's made me laugh. Neptune does everything I love: she makes references both obscure and obvious, breaks the fourth wall frequently, and she can transform. Plus she's voiced by Melissa Fahn, who does such a fantastic job with her...she's so unbelievably sassy most of the time. She's the main reason I persevered with the original Hyperdimension Neptunia (which left a lot to be desired in the gameplay department, especially when put next to Trinity Universe, which did everything it did, only better) and one of the main reasons I've come back to every other instalment, and why I've grown to love the franchise. She's got so much personality!

...plus her explanation of why PP exists was gold. xD
    Neppuuuuuuu!!!! Awww, I didn't expect someone to love Nep the most =D

Years
  • Missed first day by like a few hours :/, gonna do both still

No idea, but i know Gunstar Heroes was my favorite game.

Day 2 - Your favorite character.
    Zed from League of Legends
    A lot of badass follow ups though, like Zero from Megaman and Bass.EXE from BN series.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Day 2 - Your Favorite Character

When it comes to my favorite character, this is a tough decision since I have a lot of favorites. Course if I have to choose one, I will choose Tali'Zorah vas Normandy. When it comes to ways I like her, there are several things I like about her. First off, she is a Quarian, so I like that about her. I also like her really nice hips. Plus in Mass Effect 2 and 3, for my Male Shepard game, Tali is my favorite character to romance.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
    This is kinda hard, since I have tons of characters I like, but if I have to go with one I'll go with Melia from Xenoblade Chronicles.
    I really like her as a character. At first she isn't very comfortable traveling with the Shulk and company, she just travels with them so she can guide them to another area, but later she actually starts to like their company. She also suffers many hardships, but she ends up being stronger because of that. Also, she's kind of a mage character. That makes her even more of a favorite.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    .....that's like asking to pick a favorite child. I can't decide.

Yukari

That's easy: Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy 7. Totally not a cop out.

I love him mainly because of his character development, which was beautifully done. I won't ruin it for anyone who hasn't played the game, but he was and still is one of the best characters I've ever seen in a game.

Oh, and expect something FF related in a lot of my posts here. ;P

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Going down the list, I've concluded that at least three of my answers will be Crisis Core related
    Day 2 - Your favorite character.​

(via)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Day 2 - Your favorite character.
    OKAY THIS ONE IS OUT OF LINE... how can I choose...????? :( I'm going to give several answers.

Cherrim from Pokémon. I guess not a "character" in the traditional sense but it's from a game and it's not like it has any more or less personality than like... Mario from the early games or anything, hahaha. Cherrim means a lot to me. I was fading fast on Pokémon after gen 3 and Cherrim single-handedly completely rekindled my interest in the fandom, which kept me here on PC, which made sure I kept a lot of internet friends. It's become my identity online and it's just become such an important Pokémon to me, so although not a conventional character with a personality or anything, it's probably the most important character from a video game to me.

But, since it's kind of a weird choice, my back-up character-with-a-real-personality will be....... urghh.... Aqua from Kingdom Hearts. I loved Birth by Sleep from the moment I started playing it and since KH has a bit of a history of fridging its female characters or tossing them into the role of the damsel, it was so refreshing to have a female character in my favourite series who was not only strong, smart, and capable, but was in fact the main character. (Sure, she shares that role, but at the end of the game she gets 2 extra episodes with just her and she is the main protagonist of that game, while the other two are more support.) I like her personality, I adore her playstyle, and I appreciate her existence so much. She's a character I can look up to and aspire to be like, which is a bit new to me because I usually get attached to characters who are jerks, lol. She is also cute to boot. :')

Honourable mentions go to Alvin, Richard (Tales of), Sho Minamimoto (TWEWY), and Marluxia (Kingdom Hearts).

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016

In my heart, it will always be Bubblun from Bubble Bobble. Like the first time I ever played the game he's always been my favorite, even in some of the other games, like Rainbow Islands and Bust a Move (Puzzle Bobble). Penta Penguin is a close second though.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years

A lot that I like, but not one clear cut favorite for me. I mean, if I had to pick one, I'd probably go with the Demi-Fiend/Hitoshura from SMT III: Nocturne. He's a silent protag so you basically get to determine his personality by the decisions you make as in most of MegaTen games. Even so, I still think it was pretty badass he was just a regular high school kid who was granted the powers of a demon by Lucifer himself, with the ability to shape the world as he saw fit. lol, even had Dante from DmC working with him.

He's one of the main reasons I've been anticipating the crossover game with the FE franchise. (plz don't let it be dead!)

Back