• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Gaming Challenge

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • Day 7 - Favorite game couple

Just gona take it nice and easy and say Lulu X Wakka from FFX. I always had a thing for Lulu and so it's only natural.

Yukari

Cloud X Aerith. I always thought that Cloud and Aerith made a better couple then Cloud and Tifa did.

Well, until... You know... ;~; That scene still brings me to the verge of tears.

Years

Squall x Rinoa, Final Fantasy VIII

There are a lot of people that didn't like them, but I did. Their character development was pretty good imo.​

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • 30 Days of Gaming Challenge

Day 7 - Alli's favorite couple

Cursing the day at how I cannot for the LIFE of me find the super cute fan art I once had of these two for my profile picture. :( Anyway, as you can tell, my favorite couple is Jak and Keira from the Jak and Daxter series. Sure, there are plenty more video game couples that are more romantic, have a better story, all of the above, but I just really enjoy their relationship. That's what this is about, right? Jak goes two games in a row not even getting a kiss from her thanks to Dax, so that's a thing. But in X, if you bothered to play it, Keira finally makes that magic happen and it's presh. Though I don't know what Naughty Dog was thinking with the whole Jak/Ashelin thing in Jak 3...my one major complaint about an otherwise perfect game, lol.

Honorable mentions to Luke and Tear (Tales of the Abyss), Link and Zelda (Skyward Sword), and obviously Diddy and Dixie (Donkey Kong Country series). ;)

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years

Jim Raynor and Sarah Kerrigan from the StarCraft series. Despite the conflicts, they still held on to confront Mengsk and succeed. Onward to the Dark Voice himself...

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Day 7: Favorite game couple.

This is just another weird question for me to try to answer. The relationships - whether platonic or romantic - between characters has never really been a thing that I've paid that much attention to..

So, that said, we're gonna go a little ways back to Resident Evil 0, with Billy Coen and Rebecca Chambers. The only game "relationship" I've ever really cared for.

I dunno why, but I've always loved Rebecca's character. She's really nothing ground-breaking; essentially everything you'd expect from a "young genius/prodigy in her(his) field that graduated early." Intelligent and quick-witted, but inexperienced and naive. We've seen it a thousand times: if you're a fan of the show House, you can easily compare her to Martha Masters.
    And then Billy comes in. A former Marine, sitting on death row for something his CO did and framed him for. Still, when Rebecca meets him, he's a "criminal" -- and her polar opposite.

Now we have yet another shtick we've seen a thousand times: the odd couple.

Getting back to the point, lol. RE0 is one of the few games where I cared about the developing relationship between two characters. In most cases, they feel horribly shoehorned in or they're just "background noise" to me; whereas in RE0, that is everything about the story. And I love the story. They're the only two playable characters -- and really the only two living non-hostile characters because it's Resident Evil -- and this Odd Couple is fully dependent on each other to survive. Watching them team up and work together, despite the immediate tension and distrust between the two..

And the ending
    Spoiler:

..It's all really heartwarming for a RE game. And these two characters are the main reason that 0 is my favorite in the series. :3

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years

Hm, Yuri/Alice from Shadow Hearts is up there for reasons I really can't give away without spoiling, but it's definitely one of the most sincere from any of the games I've played. Zael/Calista from The Last Story is another one I like, and is probably one of the main reasons I pushed through to the end. Having recently finished Super Paper Mario, I'd like to mention Blumiere/Timpani as another personal favorite. The backstory behind their love, and the end game/credit scene really did it for me.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
    This is kinda hard to answer. I don't pay much attention to couples in games, I just think it's a nice plus.
    ...Yeah, I honestly can't think about a couple that caught my interest. However, if I do, I'll edit this post.

Years
  • Oh man, I hope I'm right with starting out Day 8. >< Lol one day gone and it messes everything up.

The first one that came to mind is Shulk and Fiona from Xenoblade Chronicles. Now I'm pretty sure that they aren't necessary a "couple" but I feel like it's hinted they really like each other so I hope it's fine if I pick them.

Day 8 - Best soundtrack.

The first thing that popped into my head was Kiseki from X and Y because I love that song, BUT I hated many of the other songs from X and Y so I didn't choose it. Instead I'll choose The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword's soundtrack. It was a very soothing soundtrack and Iliked listening to it while doing stuff a lot. My favorite song from the soundtrack has to be Zelda's Lullaby.

[ythd]cAVn71rNImI[/ythd]

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

spoiler tagging all of it because oh my god this is so long what have i done
    i have a lot of emotions about this fictional relationship and this doesn't even cover half of it, sorry

Spoiler:

I don't actually expect anyone to read all of that, so tl;dr Zack and Aerith is my favorite couple. :P

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Day 8 - Best soundtrack

Though one could argue Country 2 boasts one of the greatest songs of all-time. :)

Years
  • Day 8 - Best soundtrack

Spoiler:

Though one could argue Country 2 boasts one of the greatest songs of all-time. :)

Day 8 - Best soundtrack

This was actually the same soundtrack and video I had planned on posting.
    The DKC soundtrack has a very nice mix of atmosphere and melody.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Day 8 - Best soundtrack

Oh....there's a lot of games with really good OSTs. But I think that I'll give this one to Bravely Default. The overall soundtrack is really good; the only one I remember not liking is the standard dungeon theme, the rest was great. Like this one:

Yukari

I already said this when I posted earlier but I think that NieR had the best soundtrack out of all video games. Or, at least it's up there.

Spoiler:

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Day 8: Best soundtrack.

I usually mute games and run VLC instead. :s

So I was originally going to bore you all with one of the many LoZ soundtracks you've all heard a thousand times.. They're some of the only games where I still play the sound.

But instead, here's a little gem that I've been reminiscing about a lot lately. :3

Spoiler:

Back