• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Pokémon Challenge!

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
Years
  • Day 07: Most Memorable Pokémon Experience

Well I had many moments that I would classify as memorable. But if I have to pick one, I will probably state my saddest memory it will probably stay with me forever. I got back in Pokémon with the Pearl version, and so after year, I wanted to start new in the 4th gen. But didn't have Diamond at that point. So after having this safe file for over a year and a half, and having a lot of good memories attached to it. I decided one night to delete it to restart over. But as it was deleting, I tried turning my DS off to stop it, since I changed my mind to keep the safe file. But it was gone as I restarted my DS. Yeah, not so nice of a memory but my most meorable. ^ ^;

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Day 07 - Most Memorable Pokémon Experience
    My most memorable Pokémon experience actually has taken place here on PC. Starting a bit over a year ago PokéTrivia got extremely active with a group of amazing people and way too many crazy inside jokes.

GMing Rocket's Investigation in the Underground was also a heap of fun. The game had such an active discussion and speculation about the Pokémon that could be present and I enjoying laughing at people taking the wrong conclusions. >:)

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Sorry I'm a bit late with posting up Day 08!

Day 08 - Favourite Pokémon Media (eg games, anime, etc)

For me it's definitely the games. I used to watch the anime when I was younger (it was probably what got me into Pokémon) but only watched it on and off in Advanced Gen and DP and have stopped watching it altogether now. I've never read any of the manga. I enjoy the games because they're quite varied - there are the main series games which are classic and fun, the spin-offs like Stadium and Snap which hold a big place in my heart, and so on.

I also used to be really into the Fakemon that stemmed from Pokémon, so I guess the whole fan creation scene is another thing I like. I used to design Fakemon myself from when I was like 9 all the way up to when I was just finishing high school. I love the process of creation and designing and found it a lot of fun, and up to a few years ago I used to love looking through other people's Fakedexes and character designs and stuff to see the creativity they had.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    For me it is the games, and always will be. The games have been the media that I have constantly enjoyed from day one. I also like the anime, although my affections haven't been as consistent as I only watched the Kanto series before returning to DP, stopping again and resuming with the XY series (which I adore). I love that the format of the games hasn't exactly changed since Pokemon's inception, yet each generation adds something new to keep the franchise interesting.

My favourite Pokemon games are:
    1. X
    2. Alpha Sapphire
    3. Pearl
    4. HeartGold
    5. Red

pkmin3033

The merchandise! It never fails to disappoint, whereas the games and the anime have done this several times. I love the high-quality official plushies (and the dismally low quality early ones, too!), the TCG art, and everything between. I only wish I had the money for more of it.

...the soundtrack comes in at a close second.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Day 08 - Favourite Pokémon Media (eg games, anime, etc)

Well, the games (at least the core series and MD ones) are my favorite part, but I'd love to read the manga someday. I also find it a little addicting to collect merchandise.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Day 5 Favorite Legendary

- This is, hands down, Suicune. It was the mascot legendary of my first game ever, and arguably favorite, Pokemon Crystal. It was the main reason I won my playthroughs in Crystal as it was the only Pokemon I had that could handle Lance's dragons. Plus I love its sleek design and varying shades of blue on it. So beautiful.

Day 6 First Pokemon Experience

- This would be when I was about 6-7 years old and playing Crystal for the first time. I remember sitting upside in a chair in my living room and spending 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get out New Bark Town lol

Day 7 Most Memorable Pokemon Experience

- Oooh this is hard since I don't have the best memory when it comes to Pokemon and the games. The couple that do stand out for me, that I can kinda remember would be my first time catching the Red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage. I thought it was so cool and for awhile was my favorite Pokemon.

I also really enjoyed the cut scenes in the Delta Episode of ORAS. I just thought they were really cool and made the game that much more fun for me.

Day 8 Favorite Pokemon Media

- The games are obviously really fun and I absolutely love them, especially when I put myself into my character's shoes and pretend I'm them. But a lot of decisions I ultimately end up making, in regards to the games, are due to the anime. I know it has its flaws but I really enjoy just sitting back and watching, seeing the Pokemon world come to life. A lot of the Pokemon I end up choosing for my teams are heavily influenced by the Pokemon that end up getting mainly used in the anime or had a prominent role at some point in the show.

Charlie Brown

Years
  • Day 09 - Favourite Pokémon Type

It's a toss-up between Water and Poison!

When I was younger, Water was definitely my favourite. I loved Misty from the anime and games and Water had all my favourite Pokémon - Squirtle, Totodile, Qwilfish, Staryu, Horsea, Dewgong, Quagsire, etc. They were strong and diverse and generally had really cool designs that I loved, and there has always been heaps of variety and potential for different kinds of Water-types. I like the Water as well so I used to imagine myself as a kid being a Water-type Gym Leader and battling underwater like that battle between Molly and Misty in the Entei movie.

I also love Poison-types. Again they have a lot of my favourite Pokémon - Arbok, Weezing, all the Grass-Poison types lol, Toxicroak, etc. I didn't realise how much I loved Poison-type Pokémon until a few years ago though. I also love a good underdog which is what Poison-types are!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Online now
    Day 7 - Most Memorable Pokemon Experience:

That would probably be the times I spent playing FireRed when I was at college. I would play during class and on the breaks in-between classes. I'll always remember my Aerodactyl and Charizard from that run, and where I was on campus when I defeated the Elite Four.

Day 8 - Favorite Pokemon Media:

The Japanese movie soundtracks. Each ending song is absolutely beautiful and powerful, and I like the remixes of each season's openings.

Day 9 - Favorite Pokemon Type:

Normal! I love Normal-type Pokemon. There isn't a Normal Pokemon that I don't want to use on my team (even Togepi, who gets some of my ire) because they're all so great. They're a versatile type too, able to learn moves of all kinds. There's also such a wide variety of designs of Normal Pokemon that each one is so different from the rest.

While Meowth is my favorite Pokemon ever, I can look at the list of Normal Pokemon and say that I like every one of them.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Day 9 - Favorite Pokemon Type

Sheesh. This is a hard one, but it's a tie between Poison and Fairy. The former is an awesome defensive type that has many benefits involving Toxic and Toxic Spikes. The latter is an awesome offensive type that has weaknesses anyone rarely uses.

pkmin3033

Ghost! Offhand, I can't think of a single ghost-type I genuinely dislike. I love the creativity and thought that goes into ghost-types, from the more basic ones like Gastly and Shuppet to the wacky ones like Aegislash and Drifblim. Whenever something is part-ghost it always has this mystical, fantasy sense to it (not necessarily spooky) that really appeals to me, and the aesthetic design of most ghost types really does capture that otherworldly feeling <3

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Day 09 - Favourite Pokémon Type
    Since day one, my favourite type has been Water, owing to my own proximity to the beach and my affinity for marine life. Due to this preference, I almost always start with the Water starter.

However, I've always been a fan of fairy mythology and all things fairy so I was delighted to hear about this recent addition to the type matchups. Fairy is my second favourite type, perhaps even joint first.

Years
  • Whoops... kinda feel bad that I missed the last few days.

Day 05: Favourite legendary Pokémon
    I wasn't big on legendary Pokemon until the 3rd gen games came around, and I fell in love with Rayquaza. Everything from its design, typing, location, and even battle theme instantly put it at the top of my list, and none of the other legendaries since then have even come close.

Day 06: First Pokémon experience
    This is going back nearly 18 years now, so my memory may be a bit hazy, but I'm pretty sure it was with the anime. I distinctly remember the first episode I watched being 'Battle Aboard the St. Anne', though I remember watching the rest of the episodes in sequence after that. It wasn't until much later on that I learned this episode was the first one ever shown in North America as a preview, so I'm pretty sure I've been a fan of the anime since day one, haha.

Day 07: Most memorable Pokémon experience
    There are too many things that I could list here, but being at the Pokemon World Championships in 2013 would probably top my list. It's too bad that I lost all of the pictures and videos I had from it, since I got to see cosplayers and merchandise from around the world, got to take pictures with Oshawott and Pikachu, and even got to meet Junichi Masuda. Aside from losing those and only being able to go one of the 3 days, it was still an incredible experience.

Day 08: Favourite Pokémon media (eg games, animé, etc)
    Though I haven't played in years, the TCG will always hold a special place in my heart. I think I've still got 2 shoeboxes and a whole binder worth of cards lying around, and I almost shudder to think about how much money I spent on the cards over the years. Even to this day, I'll still pick up a couple booster packs every time they put out a new series, just to see how much the cards have changed from the original Base Set.

Day 09: Favourite Pokémon type
    I'm always flip-flopping on this, but I usually say that Ice or Steel are my favorite types. I've also found that I'm using Fairy type Pokemon and moves more often, which is something I definitely wasn't anticipating when it was first revealed.

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
  • Day 09 - Favourite Pokémon Type

Fire types would have to be my favourite for sure, I love the majority of their designs and more often than not they're quite powerful

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Day 09 - Favorite Pokémon Type

Probably Normal-types. They're a jack of all trades, master of none when you get down to it. Versatility is my main reason, and the designs go along perfectly with that sentiment. Love me some Stantler.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Day 07 - Most Memorable Pokémon Experience
    I think I have quite a handful of them, which includes watching the Lugia movie along with fellow PC members (thanks for GT11/12 Pokémon Movie Night, folks! even though I'm not sure of the numbering, wished I could remember -_-), the moment when I managed to catch Victini thanks to the first Critical Capture ever, when I managed to like Pokémon all over again thanks to starting fresh in Pokémon Y, and when I watched several scenes in the Pokémon anime (like watching how cute Victini is in the movie, Dawn's Pokémon Contest journey, and Serena's Pokémon Showcase journey, among others...) there sure are a lot of them, that I can't mention all of them at once in a whole post.

Day 08: Favourite Pokémon media (eg games, animé, etc)
    Personally I like many Pokémon games like main games series, Pokémon Ranger series and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series, among others, that I played them whenever I wanted to, not to mention some of my memorable memories comes from there, as well.

Besides of that, I'm having a fond of Pokémon anime as well, because ever since I was a kid, I was curious when the anime was booming back in the day, so I watched it and liking it as well, and nowadays I'm watching its latest iteration (XY&Z) and still enjoying it.

I also like the soundtracks, I'm digging into any soothing and good songs from Pokémon anime and games, either if it was the theme song, the ending theme, the game music or the anime instrumental one which are pretty good, it's music to my ears.

Well, I have some fave Pokémon types, including Grass-types because some of their moves regenerate health for some Grass Pokémon. Water Pokémon may count as well, because they have wide array of moves that I can use every time (including learning Ice Beam, for some), which means they can excel at almost everything. Not to mention that some of the Water Pokémon are sooo cute!

Psychic is also counted for me, because some of them may be cute but become strong as well (like Victini, Jirachi, and Ralts which becomes either Gardevoir or Gallade, for example). I also like some of their moves like Psychic, Confusion, and Psyshock among others.

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Day 08: Favourite Pokémon media (eg games, animé, etc)

As a kid I used to watch the anime a lot and really liked it. Later it were mostly the games that held my attention (with the PMD series as my favorite). These days I'm not really into either anymore, so TCG it is for me. It's nice to look around flea markets and see if I can find cards missing in my collection or cards that are useful to put in a deck, which I use to battle my friend. I used to lose most matches, but since I found two Zekrom cards in a place were even. Lot of fun!

Psychic all the way! They're cool creatures with supernatural powers, able to read minds and make objects float. I mean, how awesome is that?

Follow-up is Flying, because birds. I like birds. :D

Charlie Brown

Years
  • Day 10 - Least Favourite Pokémon Type

It's a toss-up between Fighting and Steel!

I don't really have many Fighting-types that I love. A lot of their designs don't really appeal to me that much - I'm a lot more fond of cuter Pokémon hahaha. Fighting-types are normally tough and I am anything but tough so :P

The same applies for Steel-types. There are Steel-types I like but again not many that I adore. Compared to other types, I'm just not as fond of Fighting- and Steel-types. (Don't get me started on Lucario ;) )

Back