• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Pokémon Manga

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    Day 10 - Which manga would you choose to live in and why?

Probably PokeSpe since it's the only one I've read.

Years
  • Day 10 - Which manga would you choose to live in and why?
    PokeSpe... to be honest, thats the only manga series I've read (but I'm keen on reading the others one too though... if I can find them xD)

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    Day 11 - If you could choose one of the characters as a traveling partner in a Pokémon adventure, which would it be and why?

Shu? I'd like to use that In-com of his...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Day 11 - If you could choose one of the characters as a traveling partner in a Pokémon adventure, which would it be and why?

I would like to travel with Dia because he always has good food around him. :3

Years
  • Day 11 - If you could choose one of the characters as a traveling partner in a Pokémon adventure, which would it be and why?

Blue. I think she will be fun to have around... and I think travelling with her would give me some thrills :)

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Since pokedex holders already have their travelling companion, I'm gonna choose the most outgoing professor ever, Professor Odamaki.
    Travelling around Hoenn region with him seems fun to me. Plus, I can learn a lot of things about pokemon from him.

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years
  • Day 11 - If you could choose one of the characters as a traveling partner in a Pokémon adventure, which would it be and why?

So, I'm going to be different and say Steven Stone. Y'know, because he's just got everything figured out. You wouldn't have to worry about anything with him around.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017

I think I'll go with Gold. He seems pretty fun to travel with.

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    Day 12 - How many volumes of Pokémon manga do you actually own?

Around 12. The stuff I read that I actually don't own were done so online or belonged to my friend.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017

I have the first 29 volumes, so I have everything up to the end of the Emerald arc.

Years
  • Day 12 - How many volumes of Pokémon manga do you actually own?

To be honest... none at the moment. I had volumes 1 ~ 6, but somehow they disappeared while I was moving houses :(

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    13 Volumes of Pocket Monster Manga
    4 Volumes of Electric Tale of Pikachu
    38 Volumes of Pokemon Special. In Japanese.
    Need to learn Japanese soon.

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    Day 13 - What made you pick up your first Pokémon manga volume?

I saw the first volume of Pokemon Adventures listed on VIZ's website and decided it might have been a good read.

At the time, I barely knew anything about manga and didn't even know that there were Pokemon manga other than Pokemon Adventures. (Subtle)

It all seems silly now...

Years
  • Day 13 - What made you pick up your first Pokémon manga volume?

Hmm... I remember ages ago, my cousin gave me the first PokeSpe volume because I was bored... and from then, I was so intrigued into the story xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017

I was browsing the Manga section at Borders last year looking for the latest volume of One Piece, and saw volume 3 of Pokemon Adventures on the shelf. I was like "WTF, there's a Pokemon manga?", and started to read it. I really liked it, so I immediately bought it along with volumes 1,2, and 4.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I can't remember which come first, Electric Tale of Pikachu or Pocket Monster Manga. But the reason I picked them are same: They have pokemon in it.

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years
  • Day 13 - What made you pick up your first Pokémon manga volume?

What made me decide to look up and read PokeSpe was a nicely done meme I saw about it on DeviantArt. Before that, I had no idea Pokemon even had manga series.

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    Day 14 - Do you wait for the translations, or read it as soon as it's released in Japan?

Hopefully one day I'll learn Japanese so I can read it as soon as it's released in Japan.

Until then, I'm stuck reading Viz's translations and scanlations....

Years
  • Day 14 - Do you wait for the translations, or read it as soon as it's released in Japan?

The translation... I want to actually know the story as I read through the manga.

Back