• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen 30 Days of Unova

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

30 Days of Unova

Information
    While this is starting with AUF2, it will continue throughout this entire month because this is 30 Days of Unova! Every day answer one question about Unova, traveling through the region like you did when you first picked up your copy of the games. If you miss a few, don't worry about it, you can answer them when you catch up again or just skip them entirely. Each day will end at 12:00AM Eastern Time.
    Day Questions
    1. Did you buy Black/White on its release date (in your country)? Why or why not?
    2. Did you play as a boy or a girl? Did it match your gender in reality?
    3. What did you think of Nuvema town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous games?
    4. Which starter did you choose and why? Did you regret it later?
    5. Were you swayed at all by Ghetsis' speech in Accumula town?
    6. Did you like the lack of starter bias that the the first gym had (it was the same difficulty no matter what type you chose)?
    7. Which Striaton Gym Leader is your favorite? Why?
    8. Do you believe in the Striaton Gym leaders being the Shadow Triad? Why or why not?
    9. Do you use the Dream World regularly?
    10. What do you think the building in the Dreamyard (the ruined research facility) was used for in the past?
    11. Which art of Lenora do you prefer, her with her apron in front of her or with it over her back?
    12. Do you like the separate routes in Pinwheel Forest, the more traditional maze and then a separate straight path?
    13. The first nurse is encountered outside Pinwheel Forest - do you appreciate this addition to the game or does it make it too easy?
    14. Was Castelia too big, not big enough, or just right to hammer home that big city idea?
    15. Do you ever visit the Passerby Analytics HQ or take part in surveys?
    16. Do you ever ride the Royal Unova? What do you do on it?
    17. Do you participate in Pokemon Musicals?
    18. What do you think is being built in the construction site in Route 4?
    19. What did you think of Alder? Was he better or worse than previous champions?
    20. Do you collect/use the feathers on the Driftveil Drawbridge at all?
    21. What did you think of an electric-based cave? Would you like to see more elemental caves that aren't necessarily rock/ground?
    22. Did you like the addition of the modern idea of an airport in Mistralton? Would you like to ride the planes?
    23. Do you find the storm notifications of Tornadus/Thundurus being there enjoyable or not?
    24. What's your favorite bridge in Unova?
    25. Do you prefer the older Opelucid or the newer one? Does the one you prefer match the version you own?
    26. Did you enjoy the Elite Four and being able to choose your order? Did you find them difficult?
    27. Do you prefer Black City or White Forest? Did you get the one you preferred in your game?
    28. Did you enjoy the fight with Cynthia in Undella town? If you played D/P/Pt, was she harder or easier this time around?
    29. What's your favorite part of the Black/White postgame?
    30. What's your favorite Pokémon in Black and White?

Last edited:
    Years
  • 1. Did you buy Black/White on its release date (in your country)? Why or why not?

I didn't buy Black on its Australian release (March 10, 2011). I waited until my birthday (October 1) to get it where I got Black as a birthday present.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Day 1: Did you buy B/W on its release date? (in your country) Why or why not?

I didn't buy them on the release day because I didn't have enough time to go to the store and buy it. But I did buy them in Singapore when I saw the chance, even though I asked my aunt to buy them for me beforehand; I just gave those copies to my younger cousins.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • 1. Did you buy Black/White on its release date (in your country)? Why or why not?

No. There was a mix up at that evil, evil place called Wal-Mart. Got it like two weeks afterward.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    1. Did you buy Black/White on its release date (in your country)? Why or why not?

Not quite, no. Took me a bit of time before actually getting it because, well, things do not get here that fast. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    A: No. I would, but I can't find a copy in some game stores.

Years
    No, these days I didn't even had a DS and I'm playing White since december.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    o_O

1. Did you buy it on its release date?

I did! I'm surprised I was the only one. I remember I caught the bus and went to the shops to get the games, I was so excited. :3; Can't believe all of you so far didn't, though.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    Of course I did! Well I got my mum to buy them while I was at school. Then when I got home, I played White non-stop until I left for school the next morning... no sleep for me. I was/am obsessed okay.

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
    Years

Nope. I'm not sure if it's even available in my country; it can be bought on Internet, but it's too expensive for me, and I don't have a DS (it's too expensive too). :( But I think I'll buy Black or White some day.

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
    Years

No, unfortunately. It wasn't available in my country, so I had my cousin who lives in the states buy two copies and send one of them to me.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years

Nah. There were no released dates, IIKC, here in my country. I borrowed a copy of each from my cousin who came home from States, and played it. Afterwards, I got a copy of the ROM.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022

I actually preordered it in GAME (uk chain of retailers which are pretty much screwed now :() and got it on the released date in the afternoon. Fortunately it was a Friday and I played it till 1am in the morning. It was actually the first time I preordered anything and decided to try it out on a game series I love.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years

Actually, I pre-ordered it on GAMESTOP, two weeks before its release, which was crazy really. I thought that since it costed a mere 35 bucks, it would only cost this much if I pre-order it. My sister didn't though, since she didn't have the money at the time our of her wallet. When the day came to receive it, I realized it costed the same anyway, even if you didn't pre-order it. I was disappointed, but eh, I didn't care and watched as my sister not only bought the game, but the handbook as well for only 5 more dollars.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    No. I was in Nigeria and they don't have an official release date, had to import.

2. Did you play as a boy or a girl? Did it match your gender in reality?
    Boy and yes.

3. What did you think of Nuvema town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous games?
    It was good. Bigger than previous games with more houses, well the rivals' ones anyway.

4. Which starter did you choose and why? Did you regret it later?
    Snivy and no. However I did find Servine's movepool far too limited.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    Nope XD; I got my Jap version a while before the English release date lol XDD;
    but then i lost it at school haha XDD;

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I think I bought it the day after (if not the day itself but idr), I did want to get it as soon as possible but it's not like I was sleeping in front of the shop to get it lol, so to speak.

i really don't get this do i answer the next one tomorrow or D;;

King!

better
    Years

Yep! :3 At least, I think so.... Usually with new Pokemon games I preorder them at GameStop a couple weeks before. And I'm pretty sure that's what I did with Black/White xD

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
    Yes i traded my sisters nintendogs and the sims 2 in for it at JB-Hi-Fi

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back