• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    And I see nothing wrong with catching Absol at level 2. I packed 'Kip up the moment I got Yuki, and from there the Yukester has been my only fighter. Pretty legit in my book. :)
    I know there's nothing wrong. I was just wondering. It's as legit as the way I do it.

Years
  • man, i havent updated in ever.....
    whetevs!

larvitar(solo run) lv.28
    moves:
    bite
    rock tomb
    sandstorm
    screech

badges: 1(srry, i skipped brawly, but ill get to him later....[i think this is agains the rules.....])

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2010
    -Beat Roxanne
    -Beat Brawly
    -Beat Brendan
    -Beat the Trick House
    -Beat all the trainers from Slateport to Mauville and those around it/ grinded to level forty.
    -Lileep evolves into Cradily
    -Beat Watson

Syrynn

Writer of Tales
    Years
  • tl;dr proof lolz!

Sorry, but it still doesn't really excuse the fact that you started Absol at lv.30, so I say no posting. Also, save states go completely against the rules iirc.

An update:
    Absol is good. Holy cannoli, he is good.

Spoiler:

So far I have:

Yuki (lv.65) @BlackGlasses
    Bite
    Shockwave
    Slash
    Aerial Ace

HM slaves Taillow, Nincada, Mudkip, Groudon

8 badges

Lots of wins and money

A ton of confidence and swagger ^^

Last edited:

Syrynn

Writer of Tales
    Years
  • and where, exactly, is this rule stated?

Not really a literal rule, but more of a principle of "fair play" as far as battles go. If you lose, then you lose. You shouldn't get a "reset state" button. End of story. Meh. *shrug*

Spoiler:

No but seriously, I still don't think you deserve to be listed. Even the Lv.30 incident is enough to condemn the run. Honk if you agree. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2016
    Ok, two days into the challenge, I have an update!

Currently I am at the route where the Weather Institute is (forgot the route number :P). I just beat Wattson, Flannery and Norman with surprising ease.

- Wattson just threw Thunder Waves, and Slythering just Shed Skinned it. Shed Skin's so cool :>

- Flannery wasn't as hard as I expected it. Slythering was at Lv. 42 already so everything fell easily... until Torkoal showed up. Friggin' tank just absorbed all damage, and Flannery used Hyper Potion to irritate me further. Thankfully, Poison Fang badly poisoned the turtle, and a few Screeches and Poison Fangs later, the turtle went down.

- Norman was a pushover. Everything went down in one hit except Slaking. It recevied double Screech, then went down in one hit.

I'm starting to love Seviper :D

SLYTHERING (Seviper) Lv. 51
    - Crunch
    - Screech
    - Poison Fang
    - Secret Power

Syrynn

Writer of Tales
    Years
  • So I got a little farther before I ducked down for the night.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Syrynn

Writer of Tales
    Years
  • Okay, time for the final home stretch!

We last left our hero after his near-disqualification at the hands of Glacia. Note to self: She really doesn't like people "touching her ice."

Anyway, let's get going.

Spoiler:

So I'm done with Absol, and now I think I wanna go with a Zigzagoon-Linoone run. Yes. <3

Years
  • update time!!!

Solo run lv.43
    bite
    rock tomb
    sandstorm
    thrash

-beat wattson

-beat flannery

-beat maxie

-beat brawly

-trained

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    Not really a literal rule, but more of a principle of "fair play" as far as battles go. If you lose, then you lose. You shouldn't get a "reset state" button. End of story. Meh. *shrug*

Spoiler:

No but seriously, I still don't think you deserve to be listed. Even the Lv.30 incident is enough to condemn the run. Honk if you agree. :)
    Honk.
    Wait, is saving before the battle and restarting if I lose against the rules? I save before I fight the gym leaders and every Elite Four so I can restart from the beginning of the battle.
    Anyways, with Pinsir I'm currently in the SS Anne. I beat my Rival, but had to cut off my gameplay for the time being.

Edit: OK, finished Lt. Surge. The only one that took multiple hits was Raichu, who took Revenge and a Vicegrip. Pinsir is so cheap.
    3rd Generation Solo Run!

Last edited:

stonehearteddd

laces out~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2010
    I thought it was really cool how I stumbled upon this as I was playing my solo run of Sapphire, just saying. XD

Sign-up Form:
    Username: stonehearteddd
    Game: Sapphire
    Pokemon: Sableye (Nicknamed 'Weatherman')

My latest badge is from beating Fortree's Wionna, and my Sableye's level 52, and I'm currently at Mossdeep. I don't have a picture right now, because I decided to play it on an actual DS, and not on a ROM, only because I had the game. XD
    I'll get a picture up soon!(:

GliscorFan08

Champion Of Kanto
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 26, 2019
    Honk.
    Wait, is saving before the battle and restarting if I lose against the rules? I save before I fight the gym leaders and every Elite Four so I can restart from the beginning of the battle.

No, you can do that
    But he saves the game in the middle of the batttle and when he loses restarts from the battle with the pokemon he lost

Syrynn

Writer of Tales
    Years
  • I had the fortune of only losing a bunch in the beginning; after Brawly, everyone went down on my first try (thank goodness).

I'll happily take my spot on the winner's circle, and I'm gonna go for the first Normal-type solo.

Username: Syrynn
    Game: Sapphire
    Pokemon: Zigzagoon>Linoone

I think it's funny that Linoone can learn Surf. Just saying. :3

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Sorry Syrynn I don't know if you posted this earlier but I don't know the moveset of your Absol so lemme know and I'll include that on the Champions list.

I might do a run through FireRed with Muk, but considering I'm running this challenge, working on a Shiny Gold X Let's Play, and working on my own rom hack, in addition to my competitive battling aspirations on Shoddy AND real life, I'm not sure if I'll get around to it :P

Syrynn

Writer of Tales
    Years
  • Final Moveset for Yuki:
    Bite <--- Makes Phoebe useless.
    Shock Wave <--- Really throws down Glacia and helps majorly with Steven.
    Ice Beam <--- Turns Drake into a sniveling baby. Which means it rules. <3
    Aerial Ace <--- Wrecks Sidney. Bad.

And I'm tempted to do updates for the Linoone solo challenge via LP. :D

Note: Yuki's moveset was designed after the first run down Champion's Lane. For maximum effectiveness and beatdown.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back