• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    WTF does that have to do with 4kids edits?

I dont care about little kids watching one piece. Thats their parents problem, but I do care about 4kids trying to make it into a show for 5 year olds which it isnt.

Well you seem to like it.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Kay u seem to be resorting to petty statements now, that dont make much sense anymore. So you can go watch your little 4kids anime, and ill go watch the real one piece.

Even though I clearly understand the real One Piece a lot better than you do. Who are you to say what age group One Piece is for? Oda has stated many times he'd like for everyone to enjoy One Piece.

kabigon

My body is always ready.
    Years
  • Even though I clearly understand the real One Piece a lot better than you do. Who are you to say what age group One Piece is for? Oda has stated many times he'd like for everyone to enjoy One Piece.

Its funny that you are defending Oda's wish for everyone to enjoy One Piece, while at the same time supporting a dubbing company that has drastically changed the series from what he himself intended it to be.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Its funny that you are defending Oda's wish for everyone to enjoy One Piece, while at the same time supporting a dubbing company that has drastically changed the series from what he himself intended it to be.

But it hasn't. You're just upset because swearing and violence was removed.

kabigon

My body is always ready.
    Years
  • But it hasn't. You're just upset because swearing and violence was removed.

It sounds like your trying to pidgeonhole me as someone who only cares simply about violence and cursing. You must understand that violence is used at times in a story to portray a characters beleifs, or emotions during a situation and it can add substance to a story. I understand some of the violence had to be edited by 4kids, but they overdid it. Not to mention they cut out stupid things that werent violent or offensive at all.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • To people who hate them:

GET OVER YOURSELVES. They may have dubbed blowfully, but they're dubbing ONE anime right now, Dinosaur King. Dub or no dub, that show SUX.

They're entire Saturday morning line-up is reruns, Dinosaur King and probably a new season of TMNT:BTTS.

7:00 AM Winx Club (TV-Y7-FV) (E/I)
    7:30 AM Winx Club (TV-Y7-FV) (E/I)
    8:00 AM Dinosaur King (TV-Y7-FV)
    8:30 AM Dinosaur King (TV-Y7-FV)
    9:00 AM Yu-Gi-Oh! (TV-Y7-FV)
    9:30 AM Yu-Gi-Oh! (TV-Y7-FV)
    10:00 AM Sonic X (TV-Y7-FV)
    10:30 AM Sonic X (TV-Y7-FV)
    11:00 AM Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Forward (TV-Y7-FV)
    11:30 AM Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Forward (TV-Y7-FV)

Oh, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE TMNT. One of the best cartoons of my generation. Anyone who helped bring them to my TV screen doesn't deserve to be bagged on.

Haha you said Bagon! LOL (Worst joke/pun ever.)

On an actual related note, I don't bash them because I find no reason to watch the Pokemon anime, the games are so much better. Now if Ash actually bothered to evolve his Pokemon. [Here's looking at you PIKACHU.]

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    It sounds like your trying to pidgeonhole me as someone who only cares simply about violence and cursing. You must understand that violence is used at times in a story to portray a characters beleifs, or emotions during a situation and it can add substance to a story. I understand some of the violence had to be edited by 4kids, but they overdid it. Not to mention they cut out stupid things that werent violent or offensive at all.

The violence is still in the 4kids one, the edits are neccisary by western broadcasting laws.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • kabigon said:
    The manga is rated Teen 13+. I dont consider 13 and up little kids

'Cept in Japan it's published for little kids. Why then hell would 4Kids aquire it up and air it or Cartoon Network air it at all if it wasn't for little kids?

Really now, that's like saying Naruto or Pokémon isn't for little kids.

kabigon

My body is always ready.
    Years
  • 'Cept in Japan it's published for little kids. Why then hell would 4Kids aquire it up and air it or Cartoon Network air it at all if it wasn't for little kids?

Really now, that's like saying Naruto or Pokémon isn't for little kids.

Id say only pokemon is for little kids, naruto and one peice have quite a bit more blood and gore than pokemon. And you cant really compare japanese standards and western standards for violence. theyre different.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    They may go entirely too overkill with edits, but I like the fact that they bring certain series into the spotlight, and make them accessible to fans who would other not have known about them. It certainly helps the fanbases grow, and I know a lot of people are annoyed by 'dubbies', but they typical don't stay dubbies. Most of them eventually learn about the Japanese versions, and steer away from 4Kids, but it's 4Kids who originally brought them into the fandom, and I'm glad for that.

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Dan Green
    Jason Griffith
    Luci Cristian

List does go on.

I hope Jason Griffith is on your bad voice actor list.

Personally, I don't have anything against them besides besides me complaining about Sonic voice actors being the Sonic fanboy that I am.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • kabigon said:
    Id say only pokemon is for little kids, naruto and one peice have quite a bit more blood and gore than pokemon. And you cant really compare japanese standards and western standards for violence. theyre different.

That's right you can't, which is why I'm wondering why you are doing that. It's quite clear that they're kids shows in Japan even with this extra blood and gore.

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
  • Id say only pokemon is for little kids, naruto and one peice have quite a bit more blood and gore than pokemon. And you cant really compare japanese standards and western standards for violence. theyre different.

That's why I want to move to Japan to watch REAL Anime, not english-dubbed

teng23

Nidoking Kicks buttox
    Years
    • HB
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    iono, i honestly cannot stand dubbed anime. the original voice actors seem to put a LOT more heart into their work. it kinda seems to me when an anime is dubbed, a lot of the emotion put into the anime is taken away... plus the openings usually suck... but i'm just against dubbing in general, nothing specific towards 4kids.

one question though, why does 4kids call riceballs, sandwhiches in pokemon? in fact, why do they take the time to edit the rice balls into actual sandwhiches later in the dubbed series?

Tree_x

Breeder
    Years
  • Why are defending a company that likes to butcher anime from what they originally were intended to be? U like ur anime with unessecary censors, bad voice acting,and replaced misic tracks?

^
    Ok that was funny but time for my 2 Cents HooRah now let us be honest with ourselves it is not that 4kids had done a Awful job but they have not dubed it as nice as the originals and how could you expect them to so i would have to say i am thankful for there attempts but over all i would rather wach subbed anime then watch somthing dubbed by 4kids ;D unless it is pokemons first couple seasons cause that was pretty good :3

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Ahhh
    4kids~ i don't hate them.
    They brought alot of anime to the west, and made it more popular. Some of my favorite stuff has been dubbed by 4kids, I learned about the Japanese one, and even thought I prefer the Japanese version, And even though 4kids changed alot of stuff, their dubs aren't bad. Not as true to the originals as people would like but they aren't bad. oAo

What does get me mad though is that people get all stuck up like "oh I only watch the subs and all dubs suck and should never be translated into English ever and only pure Japanese is good and superior so I onlywatch REAL anime and blahblahblah"
    wat?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back