• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimchar55

Infernape is the best!
Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    Well those aren't my ONLY Pokemon I mean I have other ones but they just need training. I have an I an ice type and a water type but I don't have any eletric types. Where is a good place to get a good eletric Pokemon? I haven't seen any good one and hardly any at all.

Years
  • Ok so my advice is.
    Train Espeon, A LOT. You can take care of Will, Koga and Bruno just with it if it's fast enough and highly leveled.
    For Karen, Use Typhlosion against Vileploom, Umbreon, and Murkrow. Espeon for Gengar, Donphan for Houndoom. You can also use Electric type for some of them as long as its not weak against them.

You definitely need something Electric to get rid of Lance's Gyarados asap or otherwise it's keep beating the crap out of you.

Use Electric type for Aerodactly as well cos it has Thunder fang and will beat your water type. Also either strong Rock type attack or Electric Pokemon against Charizard.

Now, three Dragonites. I needed a lot of Draco Meteors and Blizzard/Ice Beam's to beat them. A strong Ice type is the most painless way but it has to be quick and strong or you'll need a lot of time and revives and full restores. I personally had a lot of luck with Haunter's Hypnosis but that's pure luck.

For Electric type, it'd be a really good thing if you could get a Jolteon cos its quick and has a great Sp. Atk which is what you need :)

As for the other League members, most of them are weak against Espeon, but you should check Bulbapedia and see all the Pokemon they have and combine which Pokemon you'll use and when :)
    Feel free to hit me up with a PM if you need any more help.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2015
    Hello everybody :)

I dont know if this is the right place to ask questions since I'm new to the forum soo please apologize me if I'm doing something wrong.

So, i recently started to play pokemon platinum and i need help to get a water/fire type pokemon that is able to learn fly. I'm also looking for a pokemon that can learn HM 05 (defog) since none of my current pokemons can learn that move.

BTW, my current pokemons are:

Kadabra - LVL 27
    Haunter - LVL 27
    Grotle - LVL 27
    Gabite - LVL 27
    Rotom (heat form) - LVL 27

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    You're in the right spot!

You can go for a Wingull, which will fit your requirements for a Water Pokemon that can learn Fly. It can't learn Defog, though. There's not really a lot of Pokemon available in Platinum that can do both. So another suggestion for you is just catching a Bidoof to teach Defog to, since you really only need it for small sections of the game.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2015
    I will get wingull then, since it fits for what i was looking for... BTW, do you sugest any pokemon better that the ones that i currently have that just can learn fly or defog? The thing is that i dont want to be switching pokemons everytime i face something that needs a HM in order to function :)

Years
  • I had a Gliscor that new Defog but I dont think it would fit your team.
    I suggest you take a HM slave for Defog cos you need a strong 6th member. You should put in the team a type like Ice or Water. You'll eventually battle Cynthia and you'll need something strong against her Garchomp lol.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2015
    I was also thinking of getting a Water/Ice type of pokemon for a 6th member but i think the only one that is able to learn fly is wingull/pelipper. The problem is that the pokemon does not seem to be strong at all (pardon me if I´m worng xD).

So I was thinking of replacing one of my current pokemons for one that is able to learn fly but I´m not sure witch one I should replace...

Years
  • Here's a new question: I know that the Metronome item's power boost will reset if you choose a different move, but will it reset if you use a healing item?

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    Is Magnezone the best non-legendary electric type pokemon in platinum?

If not, then what pokemon is the best non-legendary electric type? Thank you guys for all your insight!!!!! :)

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    There's Electvire. Really good attack stats. But you may need a pal who have the evo item attached to their and trade it

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Electivire is definitely a powerhouse of a Pokemon, Magnezone while still pretty handy in battle (personally I dislike it and I wouldn't use), Electivire would be your number one choice. Although Luxray is pretty cool and formidable as well, even if its move-pool is a bit restricted. Just curious, any reason for asking this question? Planning to put together a powerhouse team? 8)

Last edited:

Ishra Takami

God of Blood and Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2016
    Shiny Giratina

Giratina is my favorite legendarie have any of you gotten a shiny giratina

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Well, seeing how the entire Magnemite/Ton/Zone line has the most resistances out of any other Pokemon, and seeing how it has a great Special Attack stat and movepool, I'd say that Magnezone's the best non-legendary Electric type, period. Though, in Platinum, it has served me much better than my Luxray did once I got rid of my Luxray.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2015
    Best place to grind in heartgold

I'm trying to get all my team to level 100. Currently I have a lvl 73 milotic, 64 typholosion, 59 ampharos, 61 salamence, 62 alakazam, 60 breloom.

Black-Tigress

Exclusive Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2017
    Exactly how long does it take until a shiny patch appears?

I pokeradared 41 shinx, was reseting for about a good hour until my stupid finger slipped and I ran into a dumb bidoof. I found no shiny patches. There was about four that was directly above my sprite and looked like it could've been one - but the certain type of shaking grass makes it look like it could've been a shiny-less patch too. It was absolutely ridiculous.

How long does it take in Diamond for a shiny patch to appear after a chain of 40 in the pokeradar? Is it Obvious to tell if it's a shiny patch even if it's in front of your sprite? Please help, because I'm not sure if I'm going to do this again, and may just stick with X/Y when it comes to the pokeradar, lol..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back