• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: $50 Supporter Tier

blue

gucci
Years
  • Just an idea that occured to me, there is currently 6 tiers, 5th being at $25 and the 6th $100. $50 is exactly in the middle plus it's a rewarding milestone.
    So I thought there could be a Supporter Tier for achieving a donation of $50?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yeah, that's what I was suggesting.. making Tier 6 $50 and creating a Tier 7 for $100, I just thought some people might aim for that.

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 5, 2011
    What rewards would the new Tier 6($50) bring?
    Tier 7 gets you an email, TIer 8(2k) adminship

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • I like the idea. I think this would give some already supporters incentives to donate a little extra to the forum. $100 is really steep, I mean I've seen a few Tier 6ers walking around but I think people would be more willing to go $50.
    Aaand when it comes to money, the more the merrier right? c:
    What rewards would the new Tier 6($50) bring?
    Tier 7 gets you an email, TIer 8(2k) adminship
    I can't tell if you're kidding or not, but the staff have already given a good reason they're not going to allow modness to donators simply for being donators (either that or some member mentioned it and the staff agreed).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    If there even really perks for being sixth tier other than the bigger avatar (which is only ten more pixels on each side) and - while i'm not certain - a bigger profile picture? If not, then I don't see what would be the point in changing it personally. To me, after fifth tier is basically someone who is willing to donate more than just having perks, so adding an extra tier would be pointless unless we split (if there is even more than one) perks of teir six. But supporters don't need any more perks than they already have, personally. On any level.

I can see what one is getting at in people being more willing to donate if the milestone is $50, but with so little perks would the tier badge really be what one would want to aim for? I suppose it might be something someone really wants enough to donate so much money, but I don't think there is much of a big likelihood of that happening.

I feel some of this wasn't worded the way I wanted to, but my opinion is there, at least.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I don't see why it should be changed. We're donating for the sake of donating, and the perks are pretty much a thank you.

This, really. I think it's just fine the way it is - and the people that donate to $100+ just do it because they love the community, anyway.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Idk. Maybe those who reach Tier 6 at $50 and we can make $100 Tier 7. Perhaps emblems?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years

• Isn't there a Community Supporter emblem? :"x
    Yes there is already a Community Supporter Emblem.

And me being on of the Tier 5 that actually spot on $50.00 I could careless if I was Tier 6. I don't use half the perks I have, and I wouldn't utilize the other perks of Tier 6. If anything I'd use my remaining $25 to buy a name change.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I'm a major proponent for the idea of a Tier 7, because 7 is an amazing magical awesome number and having that number of Tiers would be epic. But I was more thinking leave the current system as is and have Tier 7 at some mystical high number to which no person in their right mind would ever donate.

As for the perks... well, that was the one minor setback holding up my proposal. I just don't know what they'd be :P

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • Tier 8 = $1000 and you can add your name as a link in the styles that still have Community Sites.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't see the harm in it, all it could possibly do is inspire more people to donate, lol.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016

Being a supporter isn't about the perks.
    Either way, the perks are why a lot of people donate in the first place. So it wouldn't make much difference saying that in this suggestion. :\

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 5, 2011
    You gotta admit,most of the people donate to get blogs,an emblem or sometimes the backgrounds for their profiles ...

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012

Being a supporter isn't about the perks.
    I do know that, although I was just posting out my opinions, since perks are what makes let's just say, some people donate.

Back