• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Generation Coming Soon! {Spoilers}

Bolanboy

ǝpısdn uʍop
Years
  • Ash and Pikachu won't leave. Do people honestly think they will radically change the entire anime by removing the two main and pivotal characters of the series as a whole from a tried and tested formula into unknown waters with a very high chance of backfiring? Nooooooope.

edit: i'm also calling a draw with ash and paul, making both of them win the league but ash still not being the best giving him incentive to travel to a new region and etc.

AuroraHearts

Noob Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Ash and Pikachu won't leave. Do people honestly think they will radically change the entire anime by removing the two main and pivotal characters of the series as a whole from a tried and tested formula into unknown waters with a very high chance of backfiring? Nooooooope.

edit: i'm also calling a draw with ash and paul, making both of them win the league but ash still not being the best giving him incentive to travel to a new region and etc.

yu-gi-oh did it

and the series dies aaages ago, soo whats there to lose? XD

Bolanboy

ǝpısdn uʍop
    Years
  • yu-gi-oh did it

and the series dies aaages ago, soo whats there to lose? XD

Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon are different.

And the series may have 'died' for you ages ago, if you would like to hold on to bias that nostalgia brings which focuses more on the bad points than the good points of anything new, then that's entirely your opinion; but don't say it as if it is a fact.

They will lose the face of the entire Pokemon series in Pikachu.

They will lose the protagonist of the series for the past 12 years.

They will lose the fans of Ash, Pikachu, and any other character they will remove and/or replace.

There will be a dislike for the new characters which are replacing the old as is traditional, which in turn would have to make the first 10 or so episodes of high quality to change their minds.

Point is, too big of a risk to lose the face of the company for a potential minor climb in ratings for the first half the season at most.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • So it may have been a given that the heroine of the series, in this case Dawn, would leave at the end, but given the hype surrounding the end of the series (there's a frickin' 32 second clip announcing it!) I would actually expect that Ash's story will end here. Hm.
    I don't think Ash and his Pikachu would leave the series. I know its been speculated on for awhile now, and with the confirmation of the DP series ending, it kind of gives an impression that his journey in the anime will be coming to a close, I see it unlikely to happen. Basically, I've been speculating on this since I heard about it earlier today and here's what I've come to. Pikachu is the franchise of not only the show but the entire Pokémon base as a whole. If Ash leaves, Pikachu leaves and that just seems out of place to happen.

We also have Team Rocket and the only reason why Team Rocket is still around is because they've been after the same thing for 13 seasons now, which of course is...Ash's Pikachu. For Ash to leave the show, Team Rocket no longer has much purpose meaning they might not appear in the show either and I doubt they'll follow Dawn around. (Although, it came to mind that if Team Rocket had to leave then Jesse could finally pursue Contests full on and James can train to be a stronger trainer or breeder). Anyway, yeah, point being a lot of the story ties into Ash and for him to be in the series for so long I see it unlikely for them to start off new with Dawn. If anything, she'll just make a cameo in the show like May did before in the DP arc.

What I'd kill to see is actually a temporary removal of Brock and being replaced by... *drumroll* Ritchie. :D I do miss him, he's my second favorite character in the anime.

I want Dawn to leave, and I'll take either a new character(a good one, mind you), or the return of May/Max or Misty.
    Brock is supposedly going to be aspiring for future dreams according to this. What that may be, I'm not sure. Is it possible that he could be leaving the next season of Pokémon to adventure into these newly found "dreams" maybe, although the next generation can introduce something for Brock as well to continue traveling with the group.

I don't ever see Misty coming back to the anime though, and sadly I don't see it for May either (Max, eh, you never know). After reading reasoning on Serebii's discussion, it's pretty clear that Misty's return is very much unlikely to happen.

A draw is something I don't see happening. Ash has yet to defeat Paul, and it was basically predicted these two would confront one another in the Sinnoh League. However, it's time for Ash's turn to defeat Paul. Whether it'll be in the finals or semi-finals is unknown. If it's the semi-finals then Ash might possible confront the trainer with the Legendary Pokémon in the finals and lose, which inspires him to continue on to a new region. However, if he competes against Paul in the final round, then I see it possible that Ash could possibly be winning his first League (finally). XD; Even if he wins this though, it's still possible for him to continue his travel in the anime because he still hasn't reached that goal at being considered a Pokémon Master.

In Dawn's case, I think she just may win this Grand Festival. With how things are looking now, her win is what may lead her out of the show leaving room for the next member to join the group in the next season/region.

In short though, I'm highly looking forward to both the Grand Festival and the Pokémon League. Seems like we're going to have some nice new changes maybe for once. Although, it does seem they're hinting for at least one of or both of Ash and Dawn to win their competition.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    All I hope for in the 5th Generation is for them to kill contests. It was ok in Hoenn but now I'm just sick of seeing them in the anime. I want the girl character to be into Gym battles like May was supposed to do before she found out about contests.

Also, they need to get rid of Jessie, James & Meowth. They really piss me off with their constant singing, dancing and always messing their plans up. If they were smart they would pull something in a town where Ash recently left so there's nobody who will stop them since Ash is usually the one who kills their plans. Or at least have some other Team Rocket member to join them to straighten them out so they can actually do their jobs as Rockets.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Why would you want Ash's female partner doing gyms too?

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    It will be a change in the show. And it will push Ash into trying harder and he might finally win in one of the Leagues.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Yah, some how I dought Ash is going to leave.
    Dawn will likley be the one sadly, I wish she'd travel with Ash without Brock to the next region.
    Course, than we wouldn't have any one to show off the fifth Generation games, oh nos >>
    With that, there just saying I'm assuming is that Ash/Paul will be the big epic battle of the league.
    While Zoey/Dawn will be the big battle of the Grand Festival.
    Whether Dawn leaves is up in the air, I'll be shocked though if she doesn't but very happy too.
    I wish Brock would go, he adds nothing to the group, nothing!
    I'm placing bets right here folks, I bet 20$ that Ash won't be leaving Pokemon next Generation.
    Same thing happened for me last Generation and I won some major money bahahaha!!!

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • Maybe if Ash won, he would still be champion of Sinnoh and leave off to the new region. He said that he wanted to be the best Pokemon trainer in the world, didnt he? :D

And also, sometimes in an end of an episode, they say something like 'Ash's neverending journey' :D

Bolanboy

ǝpısdn uʍop
    Years

• A draw is something I don't see happening. Ash has yet to defeat Paul, and it was basically predicted these two would confront one another in the Sinnoh League. However, it's time for Ash's turn to defeat Paul. Whether it'll be in the finals or semi-finals is unknown. If it's the semi-finals then Ash might possible confront the trainer with the Legendary Pokémon in the finals and lose, which inspires him to continue on to a new region. However, if he competes against Paul in the final round, then I see it possible that Ash could possibly be winning his first League (finally). XD; Even if he wins this though, it's still possible for him to continue his travel in the anime because he still hasn't reached that goal at being considered a Pokémon Master.

Yeah, I was talking about if it was Ash and Paul in the Finals. They have been bigging Ash up to beat Paul by the amount of defeats he's had at the hands of him, but I just don't see him winning the league. It would be fun and a nice change if he did, but then comes the aftermath of what happens after you win the league. Elite Four? Face the champion? Something entirely new schemed up in the anime universe?

Although the way this series has gone on, it's quite probable he'll win a league so I'm probably utterly and entirely wrong and that 6:45am isn't a nice time to be thinking.

Also on the topic of a female partner challenging in gyms, I'd actually like a female rival. Not a goody nice rival who they make the best of friends, but a Gary, Silver-esque female rival who kicks ass without a second glance.

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
    Years
  • Brock is possibly leaving for...!

Source: Here

It's an article about the end of DP saga, and it doesn't tell us what we already don't know, except the last line which was translated by yaminokame!

"And the mood-maker Takeshi will be seeing new dreams for the future. What sort of dream it will be is something to look forward to."

That means, Brock is either leaving for the fifth gen or staying with Ash with a new 5th side-quest goal. I want to hear your opinions on this!

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I don't really care if he leaves. I like him, but not so much to miss him.

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
    Years
  • What I'd kill to see is actually a temporary removal of Brock and being replaced by... *drumroll* Ritchie. :D I do miss him, he's my second favorite character in the anime.

I want Dawn to leave, and I'll take either a new character(a good one, mind you), or the return of May/Max or Misty.

I like the way you think (:

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Brock should stay, and I have two words why he should; Tracey anyone?

At least Tracey would be some thing new.
    Aren't you tired of seeing Brock flirt with Nurse Joy or Officer Jenny each region?
    Its been bugging me like heck a lot this series.
    They don't have to bring back Tracey per say, just let the ffith Generation Boy take Brock's place. Than new Fifth Generation Girl of course takes Dawn's place.
    I forget, did they say this last time with Brock? Cuz he came back again that time too >>

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    if ash leaves i'll more then likely stop watching it, the 3rd gen was still ok because may was... well... as clueless as ash, so it wasn't AS good, but it was still Ok, you know? what they need is a new "ash" but ash and brock still need to be in it.... you know what i mean? they need the 5th gen to be like the first two, battles with team rocket and their giant machine things, humor, CATCHING POKEMON! no really, thats just annoying, ash dosn't catch anything anymore, the first song dosen't go with pokemon anymore. "to catch them is my real tast" no, catching 5 pokemon isn't hard.

At least Tracey would be some thing new.
    Aren't you tired of seeing Brock flirt with Nurse Joy or Officer Jenny each region?
    They don't have to bring back Tracey per say, just let the ffith Generation Boy take Brock's place. Than new Fifth Generation Girl of course takes Dawn's place.
    I forget, did they say this last time with Brock? Cuz he came back again that time too >>

brock can't leave, he's the only bit of humor pokemon has left. seeing crogunk pwn him is the only funny part about pokemon lately

also, if they do basicly start fresh, anyone remember digimon? give it a minute, it might kick in. well anyway, that show "started fresh" every season, the first two were kinda the same. but every other season was like watching another show. it's gone, and forgoten, pokemon and digimon came out dubbed very close to each other, what one do you remember? loyal pokemon, or random digimon?

Last edited:

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    I don't want Misty to come back. Let her live her life and hook up with Tracey. Her adventuring days are over. At least with Ash.

Bolanboy

ǝpısdn uʍop
    Years
  • At least Tracey would be some thing new.

So after 12 years of Brock flirting with everything you finally decide it annoys you this season? You've got commendable patience.

Back