• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Generation Coming Soon! {Spoilers}

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Yeah, I was talking about if it was Ash and Paul in the Finals. They have been bigging Ash up to beat Paul by the amount of defeats he's had at the hands of him, but I just don't see him winning the league. It would be fun and a nice change if he did, but then comes the aftermath of what happens after you win the league. Elite Four? Face the champion? Something entirely new schemed up in the anime universe?

Although the way this series has gone on, it's quite probable he'll win a league so I'm probably utterly and entirely wrong and that 6:45am isn't a nice time to be thinking.

Also on the topic of a female partner challenging in gyms, I'd actually like a female rival. Not a goody nice rival who they make the best of friends, but a Gary, Silver-esque female rival who kicks ass without a second glance.
    I believe after winning the League the trainer is opted a choice on whether he/she wishes to challenge the Elite Four and Champion. As its been seen, you don't even need to defeat the League to challenge them anyway, considering Ash has battled against Bertha (but lost) and Paul has also battled against Cynthia (and also lost).

As for Ash's battle against Paul in the League, I say it'll come down to a one on one match with them. I think it'll be Ash's Infernape against Paul's Torterra. Even though, Ash will have the advantage, Paul's Torterra was his first Pokémon and therefore is his strongest; leaving the battle to be quite epic. However, I'm still in the direction towards Ash defeating Paul. I'm just unclear whether Ash will win the Sinnoh League or not, as it is possible.

You're right. Maybe she could be Ash's rival??? That could be better than them traveling together! She'd make a great rival for him! We could see her get jealous of the fifth gen girl!
    Hmm, Misty as Ash's rival in the 5th Generation? It's an interesting idea to ponder about, but I don't think the writers would choose to make such a decision. If Misty is to ever come back, then it'll be as a traveling partner once more. However, it's likely that Misty's return may never come to be seen, other than given cameos. As for a female rival - one who is head up and strong, I think I could go for that. I wouldn't mind Paul going over to the next generation too, but hey a little switch like that for Ash could be a nice change.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Even though, Ash will have the advantage, Paul's Torterra was his first Pokémon and therefore is his strongest; leaving the battle to be quite epic.

What if there's a surprise and Paul's Torterra arrives with Earthquake?
    Infernape will also have an equal chance to lose then.

Years

Dawn goes to new region with only Piplup

I would also be annoyed if Ash left. Would be up to the writers.

The Black/White guy "almost" looks like Ash...

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    What if there's a surprise and Paul's Torterra arrives with Earthquake?
    Infernape will also have an equal chance to lose then.
    Paul's Torterra using Earthquake, that would be nice to see considering the last episode they tried to place Earthquake in was banned for reasons that might traumatize children because of recent events back then. What I meant though, both of them will give it their all and have an equal chance at topping off one another. Although, I really think the writers are just going to make it in a way where Ash makes his point across after he defeats Paul, or after he at least tries to beat Paul. This being one of Infernape's biggest battles against Paul since last.

crimsonstorm

The Original Crimson
    Years
    • WV
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    I say Ash will probably win the Sinnoh league. If he loses to Paul then I don't see really the point of Ash losing his last 6 on 6 with Paul. I'd like to see him start going against the elites. As for the new trainer's legendary pokemon...something is telling me shaymin/heatran. I'd be surprised though if turned out to be a latias/latios which would be interesting.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    I have a feeling that Ash will win against Paul, if Paul won the match between him and Ash in the Pokemon League, then the lesson would be always reject your weak Pokemon and not treat them with love. And the makers wanna tell the viewers to treat your pokemon with love. :D

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Her adventuring days are over. At least with Ash.
    I don't agree. Misty is great character and getting rid of her was the most stupid thing they ever could do. Besides her return could refresh the show and make it a little better.

Making Misty as Ash's rival can be very controversial. I don't want to see this.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Well, if they didn't switch characters look at it this way.
    We'd never have had May or Dawn now.
    I'll miss Dawn sooo much too but I can't wait to see what the new girl is like.
    I just hope she doesn't do contests is all, two girls doing contests gets kind of old.
    Make new girl do some other new side quest.
    I'd love for fifth Generation Boy to do contests....

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2011
    I also highly doubt that Ash and Pikchu will leave (for the same reasons many others mentioned before). I have to admit that I was pretty surprised that DP already ends. After Lucian explained the Champion League in DP episode 35, I was kind of sure that Ash would win the Sinnoh league and would go on to challenge the elite 4 of Sinnoh.

I know this probably will never happen but for the new series I really would like to see a bigger group of trainers traveling together. For me it would be really interesting to see all old main charcters travel together (Ash, Brock, Misty, May, Max, Dawn, maybe even Tracy). But also with new characters a bigger group could possibly give more variety to the series.

StarGirl

sinnoh GF champion,Dawn
    Years
    probarly a female coordinator will travel ash,brock and pikachu in new region trying obtain 8 badge and 5 ribbon I bet the new region's grand festival will be triple performance as coordinator can use 3 pokemon

Last edited:

ShadowElliot

Wooper
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    Even though the beginning of Diamond and Pearl was a little weird at first...

I can't wait to see what the 5th generation will bring us.
    And I can't wait for the finales to come up!

Vistz

Pokemon Partisan
    Years
    I'm hoping that Ash wins the Sinnoh League. But given his past performances at conferences, I don't think he will (still hoping though).

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Just throwing this out there, but look back at when May first came into the show and later Dawn, I kind of noticed something interesting. May started out with a Fire Type [Torchic] when she left and Dawn came in, she started off with a Water Type [Piplup]. Like I said, I'm just throwing this out there, but maybe whoever the new female traveler might be, I think she could end up choosing the Grass Type starter as her own.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Just throwing this out there, but look back at when May first came into the show and later Dawn, I kind of noticed something interesting. May started out with a Fire Type [Torchic] when she left and Dawn came in, she started off with a Water Type [Piplup]. Like I said, I'm just throwing this out there, but maybe whoever the new female traveler might be, I think she could end up choosing the Grass Type starter as her own.

Wow, are we telepathically linked or something. I was thinking this exact thing, it's odd. And with that pic I posted, if the Girl's a PokeAthelte, the Grass one would suit her perfectly as it looks like tough and athletic.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Ash needs to win something, after all this time he only won the Orange Cup, AND THAT WAS A FILLER SEASON!

-sigh- I hope he wins this one.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I got spoiled... >.>
    Aw well, I am excited to see the new generation of PKMN, new areas and heroes (except for our old Ash)... ^^

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    He won the Tournment in Harthom City with Paul. And both of the bird pokemon things.

Wow, are we telepathically linked or something. I was thinking this exact thing, it's odd. And with that pic I posted, if the Girl's a PokeAthelte, the Grass one would suit her perfectly as it looks like tough and athletic.
    Makes sense. The concept of the starters where realsed Sunday. The one that looks liek a grass type, looks like a rabbit.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Iceman3317 said:
    He won the Tournment in Harthom City with Paul. And both of the bird pokemon things.

Well, neither of those are Pokémon League tournaments. Though I do count the Orange League as a big tournament win for him just like the Kanto Battle Frontier.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Ash might reveal his actual age now!!! With 5th gen protagonists being older. Or they might just be his chaperone's like Brock. Or Ash could be scrapped for both new Protagonists!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I don't know if Ash might reveal his age, considering he's never revealed it to anyone else other than when he started his journey back in Kanto. I do think however that if Brock is going to be replaced it's possible that he may be replaced by either the female or male protagonist from the Fifth Generation games, Black and White. Only reason why I say this though is because they aren't starting their journey for the first time considering they have been officially labeled older than ten years of age.

My only counterpart to this idea is that he or she could also just run into Ash early when he arrives to the Isshu Region (the name of the Fifth Gen region) just like how Ash met Misty back when he started his journey and Pikachu toasted her bike. n_n; If this is so, then it's still possible Brock can stay in the group while the new character continues to travel with them doing whatever it is they do (i.e Contests, Pokéathlon, or something new?).

It's still pretty sketchy on what's to happen since we really don't know much of the outcomes yet for the last season in the DP arc.

Back