• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen 7 Languages - 1 Cartridge

What language will you play X/Y in?

• English

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Spanish

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • French

• German

• Italian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Japanese

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Korean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    I'm just disappointed that you can't change the language once it's set. For someone like me, who is learning another language, I'd like to play the main portion of my game in my native language but then switch to the language I'm learning for the post-game, where the plot may not be as heavy so if I can't translate something I won't be left too in the dark.

This. I would like to improve my German through Pokemon!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I think I've decided to play my main, X, in English and my secondary, Y, in French. Since I usually play my main game more, I'll already have a gist of what to do when I get to certain points in my secondary game. Hopefully it does let us change the language when we want, but I'm getting the feeling that the language will be permanently set for that file at the start of your adventure. That way, you don't have language troubles with Pokemon or have mixed language Pokemon. Someone mentioned Masuda method earlier, so I think that, unfortunately, making the game set your language at the beginning will keep that still in tact. Or maybe they'll remove it. Who knows.

Edit: I just realized that Y is perfect to play in French because I'll be playing Pokemon i-grec NOT Y omg.

Last edited:
    Back