• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A Big Pain In My Rear!!!

Spearow

mr. nobody
Years
  • I think it would be cool if they had an overworld sprite for each Pokémon available to follow you, because my starter is not always in my party.

But perhaps that's just wishful thinking.

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
    Years
  • Actually it makes sense though if it were the pokemon at the top of your list to be out of its pokeball because sending it out constantly has always been an annoyance to me not to mention the pokemon at the top of the list having its ability enabled without it being outside of its pokeball always seemed retarded to me seriously... how does the wild pokemon know whats at the top of your list for the abilities to activate? (i.e. Intimidate, Stench, Cute Charm and etc.)

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I think it would be cool if they had an overworld sprite for each Pokémon available to follow you, because my starter is not always in my party.

But perhaps that's just wishful thinking.
    I think that maybe they'll make small pokemon that follow you like butterfree and pikachu :D that would be cool

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
  • I really would enjoy having a cyndaquil behind me!
    and it would be hilarious to have a typloshion walking around Johto!

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • I'm thinking your Pokemon only stays outside the Pokeball while you go to get your Pokedex, although it's pure speculation.

NDS525

-NO SIGNAL-
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    I hope that we would have the power to willingly put the Pokemon back in a ball when ever we got tired of it following us.

Ooka

Years
  • That actually wouldn't be half bad. You could choose any Pokemon on your team, but only one at a time, and it would follow you around. Although that's even more highly unlikely.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    That actually wouldn't be half bad. You could choose any Pokemon on your team, but only one at a time, and it would follow you around. Although that's even more highly unlikely.
    It can be done....But are they going to do it is a question that we all want answered :(

Ooka

Years
  • I honestly don't think they could do it. The size of the script and the amount of overworld spriting that would take would just be ridiculous. :/

Ooka

Years
  • Well, unless they use Mystery Dungeon sprites (Which they aren't), I doubt they'll want to do them all again, although I suppose I shouldn't put it past them.

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • Well, unless they use Mystery Dungeon sprites (Which they aren't), I doubt they'll want to do them all again, although I suppose I shouldn't put it past them.

Well, you never know. It's kinda reasonable to do that, it would make you feel "much closer of your Pokémon". They can do that if they want, there aren't technical barriers impeding that.

I think they SHOULD do that. Actually they didn't worked too much in this game as they did in DPPt, come on, it reuses a whole region, storyline, and DPPt engine. They MUST add some new features...

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • I'm personally a fan of the Pocket Monster following you around. And I hope it's as long as possible. Just to the PokeDex seem bleh to me. :/

Kinuchio

A Panda PoKeMoN Trainer
    Years
  • I'd hope that they let (AT LEAST) Pikachu follow you. Eff the starters, I want a reason to have a Pikachu again! >;O

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    I still don't understand why people are saying it looks to much like DPPt.
    It's the 3D visuals that are making it look like that. That's like saying RSE look exactly like FR/LG.
    Well, it's not just that. For example:
    A Big Pain In My Rear!!!
    The houses/lab use a very similar look compared to DP, with the green roofs, and basically the same building shape, etc, except the roof is curved more. The pallettes are pretty similar, it's just the grass isn't neon anymore. The trees and really similar to DP's, with a more pointed top and no curve on either side. The OWs are almost the same as DP's, besides Gold's, as it obviously didn't have it. And the windmills on the houses are the same as Valley Windworks'. The flowers look changed, but I can't remember every flower style used in DP.​

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Well, hopefully it's for the whole game, and stays their once they evolve, but change their appearance. For all we know, though, that could just be Elm telling you to take the starter you chose outside for a walk to gain your trust.

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • Well, hopefully it's for the whole game, and stays their once they evolve, but change their appearance. For all we know, though, that could just be Elm telling you to take the starter you chose outside for a walk to gain your trust.

It may be even a change to the happiness system. Maybe just the Pokémon you let out can increase it's friendship value, while the other five don't.

Years
  • When I first saw it I thought it was a thing you can choose, like maybe Elm gives you the Pokemon without the ball, then after you've seen Mr Pokemon and come back to him he gives you a Pokeball and says he forget to give it to you and then explains you can release any Pokemon from a Pokeball and have it follow you, or something, and I like what someone said about when it follows you it get's more happiness then if it was in a ball.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I guess I'm one of the few that would dislike this so. The idea seems cool at first, but just for like a little while, not the whole game. The Pokémon behind me would eventually get on jmy nerves, and I wouldn't be able to stand the thing. It just drives me crazy. And if so please make it an option.

Back