• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A few great ways to get a girl! (Club)

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
  • looooooooooool.

Out of 10 relationships, 7 almost certainly failed because we had being friends before, my current situation is being heavily dictated by friendship issues. The friendship zone is the worst place to be.

Ahh the friendship zone, i know it so well. I may have been pretty popular at school but when it came to relationships i sucked mostly because of being stuck in "the friendship zone". That and I was shy as hell when it came to my feelings.
    But still there's no point in not trying, if you like someone go for it. Even if your rejected. Trust me the first time your shot down, it will hurt but It's not the end of the world, there are plenty of others out there who will say yes. And also dont follow a formula that's idiotic. Your not basing your decisions on someone you like and letting the conversations and fun times flow, your basing your decisions on a set formula that shows no love or compasion for the other. Just simply be yourself, thats the best advice. Also getting to be friends with her/his friends and asking them to back you up is pretty good advice to.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Personal experience, friends, family, people online, hearsay. Do you have any evidence to disprove my figures?

Your source isn't reliable, and really you would need to prove yourself first before another should need to prove you wrong.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2011
    Your source isn't reliable, and really you would need to prove yourself first before another should need to prove you wrong.

lol you what?! How isn't it reliable? It's mostly primary data, opposed to some worthless secondary research I could find anywhere.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    lol you what?! How isn't it reliable? It's mostly primary data, opposed to some worthless secondary research I could find anywhere.

I'm saying that from your friends and family isn't reliable because it is isolated to them. That means a very large number of factors can skew what you've experienced largely. Its like saying everyone voted for [Enter Random Politician Here] just because most of those friends and family did.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2011
    I'm saying that from your friends and family isn't reliable because it is isolated to them. That means a very large number of factors can skew what you've experienced largely. Its like saying everyone voted for [Enter Random Politician Here] just because most of those friends and family did.

Well it's a good thing I named more sources than them then...

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2011
    So, you're telling me that because of your personal experiences, you can judge online relationships for everyone else?

https://ezinearticles.com/?A-Glimpse-at-Online-Dating-Statistics&id=1444358

What exactely did that prove? Did you even read the debate before you butted in? How exactely does that show that being a friend first helps a relationship work, when it's statistics on online dating sights, were both people are looking for a partner, not a friend. Insert brain before posting mate.

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    Simple.

Get a time machine.
    Use it to go to the ages where they have love potions.
    Use it on the girl you love the most.
    ????
    ????
    PROOOFIT!

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • What exactely did that prove? Did you even read the debate before you butted in? How exactely does that show that being a friend first helps a relationship work, when it's statistics on online dating sights, were both people are looking for a partner, not a friend. Insert brain before posting mate.
    You said every 9/10 online relationships don't work when you're friends with them, and clearly those statistics proved you wrong, with those people becoming friends before dating. Insert brain before posting to you too.

It's exactly, by the why.

dajman1996

Novice Turbo Duelist
    Years
  • Jeez this turned out different LOL we're going off topic I'll just leave you guys here and Love potions and Time machines lol

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2011
    You said every 9/10 online relationships don't work when you're friends with them, and clearly those statistics proved you wrong, with those people becoming friends before dating. Insert brain before posting to you too.

It's exactly, by the why.

Such a gormless post, can't believe I have to explain this. I said 9/10 times a relationship will fail if you are friends before it. Real friends, not some faceless name on the internet. People talk to each other on dating sites with the SOLE intention of hooking up, that is not becoming friends before. Otherwise we might as well say everyone is friends before they start dating. I'm talking friends - known each other for ages, have never had any romantic feelings and suddenly they blossom out of no where. LOL if anything your statistics back up my argument, showing that around half of Americans use/know someone that uses online dating sites. This indicates that it's not working with people they know personally, i.e. friends.

Way*. I can be petty too :)

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Real friends, not some faceless name on the internet.

Faceless name on the Internet? That's almost as if you're implying that you're not friends with anyone online, then... why do you bother posting? Besides, you can converse with someone daily for two years, and see someone only about four or five times IRL, does that mean that the ones IRL are better friends because you've seen them? That's what the post your pictures thread exists for, as well as skype and webcam.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years

• Faceless name on the Internet? That's almost as if you're implying that you're not friends with anyone online.

Agreed whole-heartedly. Let me remind you, tomatta, that not all of us or even a vast majority share your values...

Also, err... mate tends to mean something along the lines of "Spouse" or "Person I 'sleep' with" where I live. x3 I'm well aware of the alternate meaning though. What drives me crazy is if I'm called mate by someone I like. It has this effect of shanking whatever romance is in the conversation >u<

I think many people flat out date the wrong way. I mean, we've got this whole, standardized way of doing things and it just flat out doesn't work for everyone.

I can tell you my parents definitely didn't date anywhere near the way most people I know date now.

Am I the only one getting off-topic vibes? Could've sworn this wasn't a debate thread. If it is, I'd love to throw in my two cents.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2011
    Faceless name on the Internet? That's almost as if you're implying that you're not friends with anyone online, then... why do you bother posting? Besides, you can converse with someone daily for two years, and see someone only about four or five times IRL, does that mean that the ones IRL are better friends because you've seen them? That's what the post your pictures thread exists for, as well as skype and webcam.

Not real friends, no. Silly question, if what you say is true, and people only post because they have become friends with members of the forum, then no one would sign up in the first place if they didn't already know someone..
    Anyways I'm out of this debate, you've tried to weasel your way out of every post I've made, changing topics only to be outdebated again. Clearly your life is refined to the internet if you think people you converse with online are in any way, shape, or form, real friends. You could sign out today and never come back. And no one will feel any kind of emotion for you. Compared to if you dissapeared in real life, I'm sure there would be plently of people greiving over the loss of a friend.

Back