• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] A few questions (HM Badges and Event collision)

Years
    Hello there!

After years of inactivity, I have returned to my old project and a few questions have come up.

First:
    I was wondering if it was possible to turn off the whole badge-rquirement for use of HM (Items)? And if so - how?

I would like the players to be able to use whatever they have without further restrictions. As soon as you get your hands on the required item, you should be able to use it, whether you have zero badges or any number above.

Can I just delete the line that checks for the badges? Or is there another way to do it?

Second:
    How do I have an event stop everything else? Because as it is, I have random Pokémon appear and run around until you fight / catch them or leave the area (enter a house for example). However, there is, at the moment, at least one event that happens while Pokémon might be running around. If one of those bump into you, they trigger a fight right in the middle of the event. That is of course not what I had in mind. So - can I "halt" the wild Pokémon somehow? If so - how do I do this?

Also, not sure whether that matters or not: I use Pokémon Essentials v15 (31.12.2014).

Thank you very kindly! :)

Edit:
    Also, thirdly - I have just seen one of my NPCs walk on water. It is water that is actually not passable (and the player himself can not actually walk on water). Any idea why that is and how I stop that? ^^

Last edited:
    Back