• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen A few reasons why this gen will be HORRIBLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBlastoise

The Big B-Turtle
Years
  • Well the fact that he really doesn't make sense in most of his rant, it just proves that he doesn't know much about what he is talking about. I do agree with him on some points though.

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years
  • Wow. I guess this is why they say illogical people are here.

First, you didn't like the 5th gen? Awesome. Not that I care, but first you should stop mentioning how the first gen was better ah omg omg omg blablablablabla. Second, when you post you still didn't take many things I'd rather not mention into account.
    Third, you sound like one of the old guys of today mumbling about how it was good back in the day. You can still play the old games, right? You didn't like the 5th/4th/3/rd/2nd gen? Continue staying old and play the old ones, while we have better ones on our hands.

If you trolled, you failed hard. This wasn't funny and if you are going to draw attention by this post than hurray, but know that you still have a long way in trolling.

BigBlastoise

The Big B-Turtle
    Years
  • Wow. I guess this is why they say illogical people are here.

First, you didn't like the 5th gen? Awesome. Not that I care, but first you should stop mentioning how the first gen was better ah omg omg omg blablablablabla. Second, when you post you still didn't take many things I'd rather not mention into account.
    Third, you sound like one of the old guys of today mumbling about how it was good back in the day. You can still play the old games, right? You didn't like the 5th/4th/3/rd/2nd gen? Continue staying old and play the old ones, while we have better ones on our hands.

If you trolled, you failed hard. This wasn't funny and if you are going to draw attention by this post than hurray, but know that you still have a long way in trolling.

Wow that was a palm-face. But I do understand why he would be worried about the future of the saga. I wouldn't want Pokemon to die out like Yo-Gi-Oh did.

Second, no one should ever say the new ones are better. You completely make youself look like an idiot by saying that. You are telling him, essentially, to get out of the past. Where as you are taking your side with the newer Generations. Someone call the Hypocrisy Police!

And lastly, you completely demolished your reputation by saying these words: "Wow. I guess this is why they say illogical people are here." How could you say that? You not only bash the ONLY illogical one here, but you bash the ones who are making complete and utter sense. Get out of here. I don't care how long you have been here, how many posts you have made, or how full of yourself you are.

P.S: If you didn't mean to insult the whole forum, I recommend you be specific at making your absolute accusations.

"All absolutes are false... including this one." Mark Twain

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Wow that was a palm-face. But I do understand why he would be worried about the future of the saga. I wouldn't want Pokemon to die out like Yo-Gi-Oh did.

Second, no one should ever say the new ones are better. You completely make youself look like an idiot by saying that. You are telling him, essentially, to get out of the past. Where as you are taking your side with the newer Generations. Someone call the Hypocrisy Police!

And lastly, you completely demolished your reputation by saying these words: "Wow. I guess this is why they say illogical people are here." How could you say that? You not only bash the ONLY illogical one here, but you bash the ones who are making complete and utter sense. Get out of here. I don't care how long you have been here, how many posts you have made, or how full of yourself you are.

P.S: If you didn't mean to insult the whole forum, I recommend you be specific at making your absolute accusations.

"All absolutes are false... including this one." Mark Twain

If you haven't realised, this isn't serious. It's not trying to make fun of people that do that, unlike my thread. This is just here to annoy people like myself and Kanade, and then have people like yourself respond in the same annoyance. In other words, this young Darkly here is a "troll". There's a reason it's the third time he's posted this.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    I can't tell if it's serious or satire... o.O

I am thinking it is satire. I'm not entirely sure, but who in their right mind would complain about all other generations other than generation 1 and yet have the username with a generation 3 Pokemon?

EDIT: Yeah it is a troll. But on point, I happen to like the new Pokemon. I favor complexity and bad***ness to cuteness 90% of the time.

BigBlastoise

The Big B-Turtle
    Years
  • If you haven't realised, this isn't serious. It's not trying to make fun of people that do that, unlike my thread. This is just here to annoy people like myself and Kanade, and then have people like yourself respond in the same annoyance. In other words, this young Darkly here is a "troll". There's a reason it's the third time he's posted this.

I know it isn't serious to the troll. And since I just joined a few hours ago, I would like to say I didn't know that this b*st*rd posted it three times.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • This guy deserves a sticker. Very well put! I'm sure he doesn't truly hate the new generations, I think he just simply thought of this as an opinion that should be heard but but not taken too seriously. I enjoyed it :) But I still am pumped for Gen V!

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
  • okay here's the thing... Pokemon is a Loop... pretty much a .gif if you will =P

okay new Pokemon generations have been coming out every, what? 4 years since after Johto right?
    ok.. no big deal... but if you look at it on a larger scale
    4 years... thats kinda alot
    say you were 10 when Kanto first hit selves in 1998; You thought it was the greatest thing ever!
    but you never received news of when Johto came out and forgot about it
    then you hear a 10yo kid talking about Pokemon, lets say Last Week...
    and He/She was talking about how his/her Garchomp that PWNED their older Brothers Dragonite...WHAT?!?! but...
    thats an 11-12 year Absence of course you'd be PEEVED! i mean that was YOUR Childhood right?

Well, after a 2-4 year Gap between Generations kids that are 10 when that said Generation is out are about 14 when that Generation ends and Some grow out of it...
    so when the NEW Generation comes out it's targeted to the Next Group of 10 year olds
    hence the name: Generation~~( =DDD

5th Generation was Made for the 10 year olds (or possibly older now?) of 2010 and 2011
    not the 22-23 year olds that were 10 when it started (as sad as that may sound)

So please, don't protest and don't try to (rock)wreck Pokemon because it's not how YOU remember.
    These Kids, that are about to play 5th Gen. are gonna be saying the EXACT Same Thing YOU just said when Generation 9 Rolls In. So Please respect that =)

on a side note i almost died laughing a few months ago when i was at the mall
    i challenged this kid to a match (because thats what i do i challenge kids =P)
    and i sent out a Dewgong... and the kid was like "Omg!? what is THAT?! must be a REALLY RARE pokemon~!!!"
    And i respected that he'd never seen a Dewgong =)
    i PWNED him... but i respected his NEW Generation side of things =D

Solodomo

Psychic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2012
    Has anyone even asked themselves why this guy, who says he literally hates pokemon now, is on a pokemon forum in the first place?...He's obviously trolling, as made clear by 3 posts before mine.

Anyway, Gen. 1 was the best and all, but it doesn't mean you get on a forum that has like 100% or so fans of the thing your trolling and say you hate it. That's just like going to a movie theater and watching a Harry Potter movie with a bunch of fans and scream out "BACK IN MY DAY WE HAD TO READ A BOOK TO FIND OUT THE REAL STORY ABOUT HARRY!!!" it really makes you look like a fool...So, if you ever make up your mind that you like pokemon or not, please don't go on a forum with a bunch of the fans yelling about how much you hate it. Ok? Alright.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I also somewhat agree with you. But I must say, I started playing with Sapphire (3rd Gen) and started seeing changes since then.
    It's a big leap beetween Hiun and Rustboro, but the idea still says the same : catch, train, battle.
    If you're just a big hater of everything after Gen I, why do you call yourself "Flygon" ?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016

I have never laughed so much in my entire life. xD
    You must not get out much. (Na, im just joking)

Seriously though, im getting quite bored of the same rate over, and over again... Did you even say why the next gen would be bad? No. All you did was complain about how you hate the new pokemon.......

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
  • Are we still feeding this troll? If it is a troll... I'm just laughing at all these people trying to rationalize with the guy >.>

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • I've been with these games since they first came out with Red and Blue way back when.

Every year a new game is close to coming out or is announced, there is always at least one person who will post like this, moaning and whining about the new generation instead of waiting to try it out.

We can't stick to the same old Pokemon all the time and having legendaries just sit there is downright boring, I like the challenge of looking for the roaming legendaries.
    They're supposed to legendary, not hey-look-an-articuno-in-that-cave-there and it's always there for you to catch unless you mess up by knocking it out and saving after.

Seriously. Each generation is different and has it's own unique blend of things.
    If you're so butthurt over the newer generations then I suggest you go to eBay, buy an old block(original gameboy) and play Pokemon Red and Blue again.

You are completely entitled to your opinion, yes, but not when you've posted this twice already. Get over it, Pokemon has moved on without you. It doesn't hang back to baby you and treat you like a child because you've grown up and they're trying to appeal to a newer generation.

Stop complaining about back in your day, because back in my day, they had 150 Pokemon too and then they increased it, which made it more fun.
    Pikachu and Raichu. Awww. You like them, then use THEM.
    No one asked you to use Pichu.
    You don't have to use them all.
    No one asked you to buy or play the new games. They can't force you.

Hoothoot is cool, and so is Starly.
    Bidoof might look stupid, and it is but people still love it.
    Rattata ain't the best thing in the world, dude, get over it.

And your Pokemon Gen I knowledge must be pretty downright bad if you think Muk is a pile of muck when it's clear he's slime that lives in a sewage.
    This further proves you're whining about nothing and being a typical troll.

Alright. You and your monsters go retire from a world that no longer needs you because that's about the only point you got right there, mate.
    Pokemon didn't ask you to stay. It didn't ask you use its new generations.
    It didn't say "HEY YOU STAY HERE, YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE, PLAY US!"

If you have a problem with the new generations and want to moan about it, don't do it here, because you're spamming up the forum with needless whining.

You obviously have something against the newer generations so instead of complaining about them, go play your older generations and come back here when you can post maturely and not have a go at everything new that is implemented into the series.

Also, might I add that 99% of the people that moan about the new generations most often buy the games, play them and realise they were wrong.

And I don't even know why we continue to argue with this guy, he's just gonna keep whining and doesn't deserve our attention.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I think I should make up an anti-rant to this, just to p*ss him off for makin meh read all dis, and by the way, here's an idea, don't buy the new games!
    Seriosly, if you hate them so much don't buy them, and go catch Flygon in Pokemon Red. Oh wait that's right you, can't unless you get out of Troll Cave and buy Pokemon Ruby or Sapphire

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
  • Also, might I add that 99% of the people that moan about the new generations most often buy the games, play them and realise they were wrong.

I know this is completely off-topic and I'm actually getting sick of saying this, but: Stop it with these generalizations. It's ignorant, pretentious and radical.

solastalgia

dancing through life
    Years
  • IDGAF, I love you, OP. Screw these people hating on you, you are spot on. Although it's obvious this is satire (are people actually taking this seriously? o___O), there's a lot that actually hits close to home. Like your bit about how evolving a Pokemon now is crazy complicated... so true. Keep doing what you do, OP.

I know this is completely off-topic and I'm actually getting sick of saying this, but: Stop it with these generalizations. It's ignorant, pretentious and radical.

I agree. I didn't hate the fourth gen before it came out, I was actually really excited for it. But when I actually started playing it through and realizing how stupid so many of the Pokemon were... well, that was the end of that. Now I pretend like the fourth gen doesn't exist. C:

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Again this is the phrase of a true Pokemon fan. "If you don't like them then don't play the game" Seriously people who always hate on the new generations are stupid pricks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back