• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*A Freshly Scented Garden* Grass-type Club

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    [/spoiler]

Thick fat is a very welcome ability for Mega Venusaur. I like his Mega design except the flower on his head which throws it off, otherwise it's fine.

Maybe I could be a Were-Lilligant for the PokéCommunity Halloween Party....That flower wasn't on my head before...:0

[/spoiler]

A stronger stab move would be great for Ferrothorn who has disappointing attack.

Pumpkaboo Questions

What do you think of Pumpkaboo? - I like it's design a lot and think the various sized Pumpkaboo you can get add variety to the species and tactics. I prefer their normal colouration to their Shiny Colouration.

Have you ever used one? - Yes but not that much. I need to use him more in the future.

What makes Pumpkaboo special among his Grass-type comrades? - He comes in various sizes which no other Grass Type does and is a Grass/Ghost Type which was a non-existent typing until Gen 6. Disappointingly he did not get into Kalos Grass Leaders Grass team despite being a new Grass Type.

I like my Froggy fat, with a flower on his bu-bu-*mouth covered by Riverse Librarian*

Where can you even find such a flower? o_O

Let's see, Gothet please add one Gourgeist to your team and one for Riverse Librarian as well. But remember to take out two Pumpkaboo from my team. {XD} That's the prize for answering the mini-event.~

Oh and of course Ramos wouldn't wanna use a Ghost-type. ^_^

Hiiii, Rain I can see you XD

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Happy Halloween Grass Club

Mega Venusaur is overdesigned but the numerous extra flowers may suggest how Venusaur has become more powerful and can therefore carry more life.

A kind Aroma Lady gave it to me and told me to use it for whatever I see fit I was planning to use it for decoration in my house but...

All who have answered the event so far have had their teams updated.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    [/spoiler]
    Happy Halloween Grass Club

Mega Venusaur is overdesigned but the numerous extra flowers may suggest how Venusaur has become more powerful and can therefore carry more life.

A kind Aroma Lady gave it to me and told me to use it for whatever I see fit I was planning to use it for decoration in my house but...

All who have answered the event so far have had their teams updated.

You know Gothet, I just realized that Mega Venusaur's typing along its Ability is a true blessing for it. Why? Ice and Fire-type moves are no longer its weakness due to the Thick Fat Ability, while Flying and Psychic-type moves aren't popular, the latter type's moves popularity has gone down a bit due to Fairy-type (As Fairy-types can go against three popular types, thus Psychic-moves have lost the 'best Fighting-type killer' title; Earthquake takes care of Steel and Poison too). Wow, this Pokemon is terribly blessed.

In all seriousness with the hat, I think you can make one through adding and sewing 'petals' on a hat. :)

Thanks, it's great to know that a club owner is completely supportive of a member's event. :)

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Curiosity kills the librarian. >:) Seriously what is that flowe--*slapped by Gardy*
    I like my Froggy fat, with a flower on his bu-bu-*mouth covered by Riverse Librarian*

iZsHNYJ.gif

That gave me an idea, I should draw the eggs in the fridge! >:)

You mean like this? :O

Spoiler:

That makes me wonder, if not all, are most Grass Pokemon are eaten in someways? While that sounds gruesome, let's not forget that the Sinnoh based games have explicitly mention on eating Pokemon, despite we don't know which Sinnoh Pokemon are those. Basculin has been described as a delicacy in Unova dexes, though.

I'm pretty sure the only Grass-types who get potentially eaten are Oddish and Exeggcute. xD

The others don't really look too edible, if at all. Well, maybe Pumpkaboo. Maybe. :P

You know Gothet, I just realized that Mega Venusaur's typing along its Ability is a true blessing for it. Why? Ice and Fire-type moves are no longer its weakness due to the Thick Fat Ability, while Flying and Psychic-type moves aren't popular, the latter type's moves popularity has gone down a bit due to Fairy-type (As Fairy-types can go against three popular types, thus Psychic-moves have lost the 'best Fighting-type killer' title; Earthquake takes care of Steel and Poison too). Wow, this Pokemon is terribly blessed.

I agree, though it's kind of a shame that Venusaur wouldn't be able to use its Special Attacks to the fullest if you invest EVs for the sake of Earthquake alone. WHERE'S MAH EARTH POWER?

Oh and...
    Spoiler:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    A Chikorita shouldn't get upset for too long, otherwise she'll burn herself! XD

Let's see the Exeggcute line, it's almost obvious.
    Meanwhile I believe the leaves, roots, mushrooms, stems and other parts of a Grass Pokemon are for herbal uses.

Oh don't forget the fruit around Tropius' neck. :)

On the positive aspect it can use Earthquake as a pure Physical attacker, it has access to moves like Power Whip, Seed Bomb, Earthquake, Petal Blizzard... But ugh, it has no access to a Poison-type Physical moves and Rock Slide. :/

Meadow

Years
  • Meanwhile I believe the leaves, roots, mushrooms, stems and other parts of a Grass Pokemon are for herbal uses.

Oh don't forget the fruit around Tropius' neck. :)

Ah, but I don't think eating replaceable parts of a Grass-type should count as eating the Pokémon itself, especially in the case of Tropius. Just think of it in the same way as Miltank's milk. :D

Now Basculin, on the other hand, is a completely different story... xD

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Ah, but I don't think eating replaceable parts of a Grass-type should count as eating the Pokémon itself, especially in the case of Tropius. Just think of it in the same way as Miltank's milk. :D

Now Basculin, on the other hand, is a completely different story... xD

I suppose so, but Leafeon...

Meadow

Years
  • It isn't a veggie... but would you like some tea? >:)

Ohhhh, so that's what you meant. xD Luckily, making tea doesn't involve harming Leafeon, so that's fine... right? :D

Meanwhile, I'm sure this version of Exeggcute looks too dangerous to consume, at least compared to its comrades. :P
    102.44.png

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Ohhhh, so that's what you meant. xD Luckily, making tea doesn't involve harming Leafeon, so that's fine... right? :D

Meanwhile, I'm sure this version of Exeggcute looks too dangerous to consume, at least compared to its comrades. :P
    102.44.png

Whilst it is openly stated that some Pokemon are eaten (Such as Basculin) and others provide sustenance to people (Such as Miltank and Tropius) I don't take much stock in the idea that Pokémon other than some fish Pokemon are eaten.

Black Exeggcute? If I remember correctly Exeggcute's Shiny is yellow or gold. Black Exeggcute could evolve into an Evil looking Exeggutor.

If you could be turned into a Grass-type Pokémon, Mystery Dungeon style, which would it be and why?

What would your personality be like as a Grass-type Pokémon?

Reactions: Sun

Meadow

Years
  • Black Exeggcute? If I remember correctly Exeggcute's Shiny is yellow or gold. Black Exeggcute could evolve into an Evil looking Exeggutor.

I like to call it "Gloocute," specifically because of its face. :p

If you could be turned into a Grass-type Pokémon, Mystery Dungeon style, which would it be and why?

Ooh, ooh! I would turn into a Bulbasaur, because it has a Lonely Nature like me! Though it took a few hundred soft-resets to get the questions I needed in Mystery Dungeon, haha.

As a Bulbasaur, I would pretty much be as introverted as the Mystery Dungeon protagonist, since I'm kinda like that in real life. I guess I would have a bland personality, but I'll try to stand up for what I think is right, even if I can't deliver a speech about it, haha. Oh, and if there's conflict, I'd prefer to analyze both sides of the spectrum before making a decision.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

I love how the question related to PMD, since NA's receiving a release this month. :)

I think I'll go with Chespin, for no real reason, the personality would be helpful; selfless and sensitive, as in both positive and negative way.

I like to call it "Gloocute," specifically because of its face. :p

Ooh, ooh! I would turn into a Bulbasaur, because it has a Lonely Nature like me! Though it took a few hundred soft-resets to get the questions I needed in Mystery Dungeon, haha.

As a Bulbasaur, I would pretty much be as introverted as the Mystery Dungeon protagonist, since I'm kinda like that in real life. I guess I would have a bland personality, but I'll try to stand up for what I think is right, even if I can't deliver a speech about it, haha. Oh, and if there's conflict, I'd prefer to analyze both sides of the spectrum before making a decision.

I believe you love Bulbasaur, it's safe to bet it. If isn't your top fav, it is at least part of the top fav list.

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • I'd be a Snivy, because Serperior is my favorite Grass type! I don't know if I'd change my personality though; I'm happy with the person that I am. Unfortunately, this would probably end up leading to me joining the 'bad guys'. >:)

Years
  • I'm probably too late for this, but...
    Username: Chimecho
    Favorite Grass Type: CHERUBI
    Reason: Cherubi is very cute and huggable. Although her move set is weak at first, she turns into a decent fighter as soon as she evolves into CHERRIM. And... That extra cherry is sooooo cute!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I'm probably too late for this, but...
    Reason: Cherubi is very cute and huggable. Although her move set is weak at first, she turns into a decent fighter as soon as she evolves into CHERRIM. And... That extra cherry is sooooo cute!

Welcome to Grass Club. :)

Whilst not one of my most used used Grass Types, Cherrim is a very underrated Pokemon and can cause problems if given time to enter its sunshine form.

Cherubi is very cute and gets bonus points for being on Gardenia's team. :)

Answer to topic

Whilst seeming to be an obvious answer I would be a Petilil as it is one of my favourite Pokemon and the unevolved form of my favourite Grass-type Lilligant. In the Mystery Dungeon games you are at least initially an unevolved Pokemon.

My personality would be cheerful and upbeat and I will help keep up morale on my Mystery Dungeon team. :)

@Revise - On Mystery Dungeon Blue I got Bulbasaur on my first lot of questions. :) I was surprised as I thought you could choose your Pokémon instead of it being decided by a Personality test of sorts.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'm probably too late for this, but...

As the owner of Psychic-type club I found this application sad. Joking aside, welcome to our garden! Please join the current topics, let us know your thoughts! ;) Have fun and please stay active.

Back