• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*A Freshly Scented Garden* Grass-type Club

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Since we have no other active members, I hope you won't mind I answered the topic for a second time. :)

I would also like to alter the shiny coloration of the Snover line. I would like have its green parts to be colored in silver. :)

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • I'm very sorry I haven't been active lately. My inactivity will very likely continue for another few months. I'm busy every day of the week.

I'd alter the shiny coloration of the Snivy line. Serperior in particular. It's known as the 'Regal Pokemon' but it's shiny form is just going from green to teal. I would have made it mainly gold, purple, or red, all considered to be regal colors.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'm very sorry I haven't been active lately. My inactivity will very likely continue for another few months. I'm busy every day of the week.

I'd alter the shiny coloration of the Snivy line. Serperior in particular. It's known as the 'Regal Pokemon' but it's shiny form is just going from green to teal. I would have made it mainly gold, purple, or red, all considered to be regal colors.

Thanks for telling us! Don't worry, the current owner doesn't weed out people like I would. XD

and a notice for everyone:

Don't forget to vote for your favorite clubs!
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=357417

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I'm very sorry I haven't been active lately. My inactivity will very likely continue for another few months. I'm busy every day of the week.

I love the idea of the Serperior going Purple and Gold. A similar colour scheme to Shiny Kingdra but with Serperior being mainly gold would look great I think. :)

Since we have no other active members, I hope you won't mind I answered the topic for a second time. :)

I would also like to alter the shiny coloration of the Snover line. I would like have its green parts to be colored in silver. :)

I agree with this. The blue on it's current Shiny simply does not fit. Silver would be a subtle contrast to the white.

Another Shiny I would change is Shiny Bellossom...to it's old Shiny Palette so it matches Glooms Normal Colouration

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I love the idea of the Serperior going Purple and Gold. A similar colour scheme to Shiny Kingdra but with Serperior being mainly gold would look great I think. :)

Purple and gold do indeed scream regal and elegance.

It should be a genuine purple like this one, not the lighter ones.

Here's a new topic for us:
    If you were allowed to distribute a non-legendary shiny Pokemon, what special moves would it have?
    - Keep in mind Grass-types only.
    - Be overpower as much as you want, just give a good explanation. :)

Last edited:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Hi guys, can I join this club? I'm only part of two clubs right now (with one of them being at FC&G), so I'm still fairly new to the concept of Pokémon clubs. ^.^

Username: Revise Librarian
    Nickname: Revise
    Your Grass-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Sewaddle, please! I adore that thing. <3
    Reason for joining the club: Well, let's see. Grass-types are my favorite type in the whole Pokémon franchise, and I feel that they're a bit too underappreciated. (Also, I kinda heard that this place was in need of an activity boost, and I'll just say that I definitely know how it feels... *sobs*)
    Answer to the current topic (compulsory): See below!​

If you were allowed to distribute a non-legendary shiny Pokémon, what special moves would it have?

You mean like those event Pokémon which usually have abnormal moves? In that case, I would definitely distribute a Bulbasaur that knows Earth Power and Power Gem. Why? Well, I feel like the Bulbasaur-line has always been getting the shaft in terms of their movepool. I find it pretty unfair how they can't even learn Rock Slide, which I think sounds believable on at least Venusaur. Also, these guys are Special Attackers, so Earthquake seems a bit less effective (when used by Venusaur) compared to its other moves, so that's where Earth Power comes in! ^^

Also, I hope Gardy isn't too surprised to see me here! I won't attempt to transform you into a Lilligant again, I promise! :p

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • I'd do a shiny Phantump with the move Hex. Simply because it cannot normally learn it, but can learn status moves such as Will-O-Wisp or Toxic, and I quite enjoy the status move/Hex combo in battle.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Welcome to Grass Club Revise! Great to have you here. :)

Sewaddle is an incredibly cute Pokémon and I really like the concept of the line. They are small insects who wear clothes made of leaves. Swadloon is based on a shut-in and it is a nice touch that it needs friendship to evolve into it's Final Form Leavanny. :)

Indeed Burgh's Leavanny can give a player of the Unova Games problems if they are unprepared.

I am currently in the Post-game of a Grass Monotype of White 2 and I found the Grass Monotype easier than the Psychic Monotype I did of the same game beforehand.

Grass Types are indeed underappreciated and I'd like to see them get some competitive boosts and some new Legendaries soon.

A Shiny Bulbasaur with Earth Power makes a lot of sense since strangely he can't learn Rock Slide. Whilst Venusaur is not my favourite Shiny, a Shiny Bulbasaur distribution would please Gen 1 fans which Game Freak has been catering to of late and would give the Kanto Grass Starter some welcome exposure as he was overshadowed by his Kanto Starter Counterparts in XY.

Lilligant is my favourite Grass-type and being a Lilligant for a day would be a lot of fun I think. :)

I'd do a shiny Phantump with the move Hex. Simply because it cannot normally learn it, but can learn status moves such as Will-O-Wisp or Toxic, and I quite enjoy the status move/Hex combo in battle.

Shiny Trevenant is a great Shiny and really plays on the haunted tree aspect of the Pokemon. I'd like him to get an alternative Evolution Method than trading. Perhaps have Phantump evolve into Trevenant after being levelled up holding a new held Item like say a Mystical Leaf.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Hi, RL! Welcome to this humble and lovely club! Would you like a cup of tea? Don't worry about familiarity, It works similarly with FC&G. ;)

I love the choices, particularly Power Gem as Rock-type moves provide a perfect coverage for the Grass Pokemon. While Earth Power makes perfect sense: Sunflora is able to learn it, why not the other Grasses? 8D

I like myself a shiny Pumpkaboo is it edible?

Let's see, I suggest shiny Treecko and a shiny HA Snivy with Draco Meteor, as well as a Shiny Chikorita with Quiver Dance and Earth Power. :D

Meadow

Years
  • Hi, RL! Welcome to this humble and lovely club! Would you like a cup of tea? Don't worry about familiarity, It works similarly with FC&G. ;)

I love the choices, particularly Power Gem as Rock-type moves provide a perfect coverage for the Grass Pokemon. While Earth Power makes perfect sense: Sunflora is able to learn it, why not the other Grasses? 8D

Hiya, Sun! Thanks for the welcome! o/ Celadon green tea would be just fine!

Ah, I never knew Sunflora could learn Earth Power! But I agree with you - it would be awesome to see Earth Power as a staple move for Grass-types. Maybe one day Game Freak will hear our prayers. xD

I like myself a shiny Pumpkaboo is it edible?

HEY! WE'RE NOT HERE TO... ooh, I think I smell some fried Exeggcute! You didn't see anything :D

Welcome to Grass Club Revise! Great to have you here. :)

Sewaddle is an incredibly cute Pokémon and I really like the concept of the line. They are small insects who wear clothes made of leaves. Swadloon is based on a shut-in and it is a nice touch that it needs friendship to evolve into it's Final Form Leavanny. :)

Hi Gardy, thanks for having me here! :D

YES! I think so too! I absolutely love how Swadloon is an "introvert" Pokémon. I feel like I can relate to that, since I'm introverted myself. c:

Grass Types are indeed underappreciated and I'd like to see them get some competitive boosts and some new Legendaries soon.

Yup, the competitive boosts are especially needed! I wouldn't mind if Game Freak revamped the type advantages entirely to make the Grass-type more balanced, because right now the odds are clearly stacked against us. D:

Whilst Venusaur is not my favourite Shiny, a Shiny Bulbasaur distribution would please Gen 1 fans which Game Freak has been catering to of late and would give the Kanto Grass Starter some welcome exposure as he was overshadowed by his Kanto Starter Counterparts in XY.

Yeah... as much as I love Bulbasaur, I must admit that I was a little disappointed with Mega Venusaur's design in X/Y. I just wish it looked a little cooler, hahaha, but oh well. I'm just grateful that it received a Mega at all, so I won't be picky here. xD

Lilligant is my favourite Grass-type and being a Lilligant for a day would be a lot of fun I think. :)

So I have permission to transform you? :D

Years
  • I can easily understand Revise's point on Mega Venusaur. It may look just like a bigger version of Venusaur with extra flowers but that comes with a great trade-off, and that's a useful ability. Also, it is great we have some Grass Pokemon that learn Ground moves, like Earth Power on Sunflora and Earthquake on Gogoat, Venusaur, Sceptile, Meganium, Torterra and Chesnaught does at least show that we can have Grass-types that can handle their weaknesses. On top of those Ground moves, we also have Tangrowth with Ancient Power which also has that potential stat boost.

These improvements in movepools is showing that it's now getting easier to counter weaknesses.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Sunflora may be the only Grass Type able to learn Hidden Power to encourage people to use him...I have never used the Sunflower Pokemon partly because of an uninspiring design and partly as there are other Pokemon who evolve by Sun Stone I'd rather use like Bellossom, Lilligant and Whimsicott.

No he is not edible. Here eat this Pumpkin Pie.

The Treecko line are great Shinys and it is is surprising that Sceptile cannot learn Draco Meteor as he resembles a Dragon somewhat and his Mega is part-dragon. Quiver Dance is a great move that I have on Lilligant, it would help Meganium greatly.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Earth Power as a learnable move for all Grass-types would be great I think. :)

I never worked out how Exeggcute goes from an Egg Pokemon (Or are they seeds?) to a Palm Coconut Tree as Exeggutor.

I am generally not a fan of Friendship Evolutions as it often involves a lot of running around/egg Hatching to get the Pokémons friendship level high enough. Swadloon's evolution method makes a lot of sense though. :)

Poison got a few boosts in Gen 6, hopefully Grass gets boosts in the near future.

I think it's the flower on his head that throws me off about Mega Venusaur but he does get a great ability.

If I was a Lilligant I'd be unable to type. :0

Update - If you could distribute a special Shiny Grass-type which would it be?

I would go in a slightly different direction and distribute a Shiny Roselia with a Shiny Stone with the unique move 'Dark Pulse'. I would dub it Dark Roselia.

The blurb for the event would detail how a Roselia was corrupted by 'Dark Influences'. It would come with a Shiny Stone so the player can evolve her into Roserade if they wish.

Shiny Stones are relatively tricky to get hold of so giving a Shiny Stone with the Roselia would help make the event feel more special.

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I think you meant Earth Power, but for some reason you typed Hidden Power. I hope you're alright and doing fine. @_@

Speaking of pumpkin that reminds me it's October 31st here.

I would distribute a shiny Ferrothorn that has the following moves, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Wood Hammer and Zen Headbutt.

Wood Hammer is for a stronger STAB, while the other three moves are coverage moves. :)

So I'll have a mini-event right here for us Grass-type Club members
    What do you think about Pumpkaboo?
    Have you ever used one?
    What makes Pumpkaboo special among its Grass-type comrades?
    my_pumpkaboo_icon_by_over_the_black_nexus-d6x6rbn.png

Image source: http://orig14.deviantart.net/f4ce/f...aboo_icon_by_over_the_black_nexus-d6x6rbn.png

Last edited:

Meadow

Years
  • I think it's the flower on his head that throws me off about Mega Venusaur but he does get a great ability.

The funny thing is, I never even noticed that flower on its head until I read the posts here... xD But yeah, it sadly looks even more underwhelming after noticing that flower, but I guess it's the boost that matters, right? :D

If I was a Lilligant I'd be unable to type. :0
    I think you meant Earth Power, but for some reason you typed Hidden Power. I hope you're alright and doing fine. @_@

Oops... that was my fault for transforming Gardy into a Lilligant again. xD (Bad habit of mine :D)

I would go in a slightly different direction and distribute a Shiny Roselia with a Shiny Stone with the unique move 'Dark Pulse'. I would dub it Dark Roselia.

The blurb for the event would detail how a Roselia was corrupted by 'Dark Influences'. It would come with a Shiny Stone so the player can evolve her into Roserade if they wish.

Shiny Stones are relatively tricky to get hold of so giving a Shiny Stone with the Roselia would help make the event feel more special.

If I had a Roselia like that, I'd nickname it Blackrose. :D

You sure it's not Exeggcute juice? >:)

Actually, I think it was more like Exeggcute yolk... welp.

So I'll have a mini-event right here for us Grass-type Club members
    What do you think about Pumpkaboo?
    Have you ever used one?
    What makes Pumpkaboo special among its Grass-type comrades?

What do you think about Pumpkaboo? It's cute af, 'nuff said. I can't say I know too much about it, but Jessie/Musashi's Pumpkaboo was quite amusing to watch in the anime, haha.
    Have you ever used one? Nope! I would love to try it out, but I don't think I've ever encountered one in the wild before. D:
    What makes Pumpkaboo special among its Grass-type comrades? It's edible. It has a very unique design (in a likable way) compared to many other Grass-types, as well as an interesting type combination! Oh, did I mention it was cute? Because I'm gonna say so again. :p

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    The funny thing is, I never even noticed that flower on its head until I read the posts here... xD But yeah, it sadly looks even more underwhelming after noticing that flower, but I guess it's the boost that matters, right? :D

You see, it has a flower behind its back too... Hmmm, try not to imagine too much about that flower. #CantBeUnseen

Oops... that was my fault for transforming Gardy into a Lilligant again. xD (Bad habit of mine :D)

Actually, I think it was more like Exeggcute yolk... welp.
    No wonder there's a typo!

*force-feeds you*

What do you think about Pumpkaboo? It's cute af, 'nuff said. I can't say I know too much about it, but Jessie/Musashi's Pumpkaboo was quite amusing to watch in the anime, haha.
    Have you ever used one? Nope! I would love to try it out, but I don't think I've ever encountered one in the wild before. D:
    What makes Pumpkaboo special among its Grass-type comrades? It's edible. It has a very unique design (in a likable way) compared to many other Grass-types, as well as an interesting type combination! Oh, did I mention it was cute? Because I'm gonna say so again. :p

Oh, if you have Pokemon XY, you can find it around Route 16, they are fairly common over there!

In case you're playing ORAS, you can always deposit a Shroomish, Cottonee or a SeedotOmega Ruby only on GTS for a Pumpkaboo.

Last edited:

Meadow

Years
  • You see, it has a flower behind its back too... Hmmm, try not to imagine too much about that flower. #CantBeUnseen

n6QFcKw.jpg

SUN, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! hey that rhymes :D

Brb, I'm gonna need to use Amnesia now. xD

*force-feeds you*

That's mean. :c I dare you to open the spoiler tag below, and then you might reconsider. >:(

Spoiler:

Oh, if you have Pokemon XY, you can find it around Route 16, they are fairly common over there!

In case you're playing ORAS, you can always deposit a Shroomish, Cottonee or a SeedotOmega Ruby only on GTS for a Pumpkaboo.

Ah, but the problem is that I don't play the main series games anymore, eheheh. At least, I won't be able to play them for a pretty long time. However, if I'm lucky enough to get Super Mystery Dungeon, then I'll surely look to recruit a Pumpkaboo on my team! :D

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    n6QFcKw.jpg

SUN, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! hey that rhymes :D

Brb, I'm gonna need to use Amnesia now. xD

That's mean. :c I dare you to open the spoiler tag below, and then you might reconsider. >:(

Spoiler:

Ah, but the problem is that I don't play the main series games anymore, eheheh. At least, I won't be able to play them for a pretty long time. However, if I'm lucky enough to get Super Mystery Dungeon, then I'll surely look to recruit a Pumpkaboo on my team! :D

Curiosity kills the librarian. >:) Seriously what is that flowe--*slapped by Gardy*

That gave me an idea, I should draw the eggs in the fridge! >:)

Thanks for voting this club.~ Gothet, you lucky thing, you got a supportive member. D:

You should call it PumpkinPie if it's too long, Pumpkipie will do tooo. >:)

That makes me wonder, if not all, are most Grass Pokemon are eaten in someways? While that sounds gruesome, let's not forget that the Sinnoh based games have explicitly mention on eating Pokemon, despite we don't know which Sinnoh Pokemon are those. Basculin has been described as a delicacy in Unova dexes, though.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Thick fat is a very welcome ability for Mega Venusaur. I like his Mega design except the flower on his head which throws it off, otherwise it's fine.

Maybe I could be a Were-Lilligant for the PokéCommunity Halloween Party....That flower wasn't on my head before...:0

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

A stronger stab move would be great for Ferrothorn who has disappointing attack.

Pumpkaboo Questions

What do you think of Pumpkaboo? - I like it's design a lot and think the various sized Pumpkaboo you can get add variety to the species and tactics. I prefer their normal colouration to their Shiny Colouration.

Have you ever used one? - Yes but not that much. I need to use him more in the future.

What makes Pumpkaboo special among his Grass-type comrades? - He comes in various sizes which no other Grass Type does and is a Grass/Ghost Type which was a non-existent typing until Gen 6. Disappointingly he did not get into Kalos Grass Leaders Grass team despite being a new Grass Type.

Reactions: Sun

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • What do you think of Pumpkaboo? It's adorable! I love it's design, and I love Jessie's in the anime!

Have you ever used one? No. I'm currently catching a lot (trying to find the largest size) but I haven't actually used one in battle. I might end up doing so, though.

What makes Pumpkaboo special? It's size differences makes it very unique, as does its design. We have a lot of different Grass types based on flowers and trees, but Pumkaboo is a pumpkin/jack-o-lantern!

Back