• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    Oh dude... I totally forgot about the music... I just realized that. WOOOT DS sounds for the most fantastic music of all the Pokémon Games^^. This will sure turn out great.
    Hopefully we'll get more information soon. Especially if Kanto is involved etc.

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
    I wonder if they are gonna restore the Safari Zone, because its maps were in the original games but not used.
    Hopefully, Kanto will be filled more. It was a shadow of it's former self (no Safari Zone, short Mt Moon, short Rock Tunner, No Unknown aka Mewtwo cave etc). Lot's of locations were just... gone.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    I wonder if they are gonna restore the Safari Zone, because its maps were in the original games but not used.
    Hopefully, Kanto will be filled more. It was a shadow of it's former self (no Safari Zone, short Mt Moon, short Rock Tunner, No Unknown aka Mewtwo cave etc). Lot's of locations were just... gone.
    If I recall, the reason they took it out was because of the glitch. Since it's been in every game since, however, I'm guessing the remakes will have it.

And I hear you about Kanto. Whenever I played the games, it always felt to me like Kanto was far from complete. Still, the DS has quite a bit more memory than the GBC, so it should be better this time around.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    I also think that this time we will kinda see a double remake. So we'll see a 3D styled Johto and a 3D styled Kanto which will be biggger this time. Damn... I can't wait^^

Tsukiyo

Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
    Years
    Well, this was...expected.
    While the logos are quite visually appealing, I tend to agree with those who don't find the names particularly fitting. Perhaps some new additions to the games will make them more so?

Personally, I'm still hoping for a Yellow (and Crystal now, I suppose) remake. I'd have been a hundred times more excited if these were a fifth generation game, in any case.

Ah, well. The games won't be released in Japan until near the end of the year, so we won't be seeing them here in the States anytime soon. I've yet to purchase either FireRed or LeafGreen (seeing as how I tried one or the other out in rom form and wasn't thoroughly impressed), but I certainly intend to purchase one of these. Perhaps it'll even change my mind about the previous remakes?

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    As of an article of Bulbanews, the remakes will contain as well the features of G/S and a bunch of new features

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    It starts in the heart,
    Then flows through the soul
    And changes the world

This is from the song, "The Power of One," which was sung during the credits of "The Power of One," (Who would've guessed?) which was the debut of Lugia, who's Silver's mascot.
    As mentioned, this is unlikely to be the case though - heart and soul ain't such vague phrases, and as that was from an old Pokemon movie which has nothing to do with any current games (made by completely different people, for one), then I doubt it's the case.

I'll be getting Silver, methinks. =D

Aussie Riolu

What is anything to a Riolu?
    Years
    Ahh, good ol' Goldenrod City.. the place where Whitney pwned all of us with her Miltank..
    Good times.. good times..
    Goldenrod City music is awesome! (And I now have it in my head! Thanks! :P) And Miltank would be harder now with Thick Fat XD

Last time I got Silver so I'll get HeartGold! But knowing me, I'll get both of them! :laugh:.
    Yay for new TMs! :D

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
    Years
    I'm getting heart gold when and or if I can I would love to start off with Feraligatr, I'd also love to visit johto again but I am unsure about seeing kanto I was a tad heartbroken back on the gbc when I first saw viridian forest all chopped down the rest of kanto was hacked up and chopped down was kinda depressing =(

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    As stated by Wulava on why the names could be so.
    HEART GOLD:
    Legends claim that Ho-oh flies the world's skies continuously on its magnificent seven-colored wings. These feathers are said to bring happiness to the bearers. Moreover, Ho-oh only reveal itself before trainers that have a pure HEART by shining its bright rainbow-colored wings. It is said that those who see Ho-oh are promised an eternal happiness.

SOUL SILVER:
    It is said that Lugia quietly spends its time deep at the bottom of the sea because its powers are too strong. It is also said to be the guardian of the seas. The word SOUL also pertains to "being the embodiment of something". Lugia acts as the embodiment of the sea.

Makes sense really. Also I dunno maybe a pure heart form for ho-oh and a cleansed soul form for Lugia? *Shot*

Years
    It actually makes sense that Kanto will be included
    With the GBA-Slot gone on the DSi, there will have to be a new way to get Kanto pokemon

I wonder how many Hoen Pokemon will be included in each game too

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    It actually makes sense that Kanto will be included
    With the GBA-Slot gone on the DSi, there will have to be a new way to get Kanto pokemon

I wonder how many Hoen Pokemon will be included in each game too
    Well, besides trading with D/P/Pt as well, I suppose, for some Kanto Pokemon... But there are other reasons why it's likely for it to reappear too (a remake is...well, a remake - likely to be largely the same + some other stuff), and the Pokemon League is in Kanto too.

Plus a big selling point as well, two regions - depends if they can fit it in though. Probably can - hopefully they can also fit in a bigger Kanto as opposed to the one we was in GSC.

What Hoenn Pokemon we see as well will also be interesting. Especially if there is a lack of a large number of them - then one might suspect another Pokemon game (say, a Will Shadow Pokemon game or something like that). But that's merely vague speculation, and GS remakes are more than enough for me for now. XD

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Well, they finally made a remake for the games. (And I was wondering WHAT the heck was with the numerous hints in DPPt...)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Not having enough space is nonsensical. The ROM size on a typical DS card's circuit board is about 128 MB, by this rate, and the game won't fill much of it at all, given past Pokémon games. Ruby and Sapphire used 16 MB chips and didn't fill even 1/3rd of it, FireRed and LeafGreen fill at least half of it, Emerald as well, and Diamond and Pearl took up around 30-50 MB out of a 128 MB ROM. Heck, Nintendo of America managed to cut costs with Diamond and Pearl by using a circuit board with a 64 MB ROM and stuffing the game into that.
    So in other words if they want to and they should both regions can be fully in without a worry of space correct?

Crysta Blade

Shooty Refutey
    Years
    Nice. I'm hoping they go futher with changes from the original games (I felt they could've done more with FR/LG like, you know, actually putting in what R/S brought to the table such as contests and so on). And here's to hoping that the anime revists Johto and does it justice.

Out of curiosity, when were the names trademarked (I wouldn't be surprised if they trademarked something like 'MindCrystal' and end up not using it, like WaterBlue and all those other names, to prevent cheap knockoffs I'd wager)?

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    WHAHAHAHA! A few hours after my last post in this topic, Which was also the time when I went to bed, Heart Gold and Soul Silver are official announced! And it's even announced at 1:00 am in my country, which was official at my birthday (Today)! This is ****ing awesome, I can't wish for a better birthday present!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back