• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    /inhale
    /exhale
    /lolwat
    Zomg so I just found out about this. 8D It's going to be the nostalgia trip of the yearrrrrrr. <3 I seriously can't wait to see what's changed. Especially seeing the Miltank Farm in DS graphics. zomg. <3333

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    WHAHAHAHA! A few hours after my last post in this topic, Which was also the time when I went to bed, Heart Gold and Soul Silver are official announced! And it's even announced at 1:00 am in my country, which was official at my birthday (Today)! This is ****ing awesome, I can't wish for a better birthday present!
    Dude you are lucky but not as lucky as me. Sunday which would have even more info is MY birthday. So yeah I get even better stuff. *Shot*
    Seriously though this will be great. Seeing as POkemon Sunday will also have this I am expecting new Sugimori art for the birds and a trailer.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    I could easily see a quick anime tie in to the names labeling them:

Ho-oh, the Heart of the Sky/Heat.
    Lugia, the Soul of the Sea.

XD

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Dude you are lucky but not as lucky as me. Sunday which would have even more info is MY birthday. So yeah I get even better stuff. *Shot*
    Seriously though this will be great. Seeing as POkemon Sunday will also have this I am expecting new Sugimori art for the birds and a trailer.

I command you to record Pokemon Sunday and put it on youtube if something awesome about Heart Gold and Soul Silver appears!

*Shot*

Also, I think Heart and Soul sort of resembles the Pokemon fans. I mean, look at how much we love Pokemon, especially Gold and Silver and how much we whined, complained and wanted a G/S remake badly.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Wow, this is great \o/. Thinking about it, its been really kinda obvious with all the hints to it in DPPt. I actually thought that leaving the legendary trio of beasts out of Platinum when the birds and the regis were obtainable was quite a large hint too. Ill be looking forward to the changes and if they put kanto etc into it. Move move tutors would pretty neat too. Anyways ive always been a huge fan of these games and so i am actually pretty excited about it, yes its sad i know lol. K ill stop rambling now. XD

Last edited:

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    I think that HeartGold and SoulSilver sound great! It can represent the love us fans have for these games
    Also, I think Heart and Soul sort of resembles the Pokemon fans. I mean, look at how much we love Pokemon, especially Gold and Silver and how much we whined, complained and wanted a G/S remake badly.

In a way, I guess it is.

The fans are sort of the Heart and Soul of the games... without the fans, there would be no reason for there to be the games... ...right?

Sort of a dual-meaning. <3

Mezase Master

I wish I had pants.
    Years
    It's about time they made an official announcement!

They'll probably get released here in 2010, since that's not only the tenth anniversary of Gold and Silver here, but it usually takes about a year to translate the games. I'm kinda disappointed with the titles though, the speculated "DuskGold" and "DawnSilver" seemed much more appropriate in my opinion. Ahh well, looks like my next version's gonna be HeartGold.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Wow, cool finally we get official remake in ds graphic:) . I waiting for screens etc and more info abut the games. And of course for the game.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    OK... Wait for the Japanese Version! as for us, We'll wait the English Version! :)

P.S. = Are the names HeartGold and SoulSilver? I heard from some other sources that they are not sure of these names, and they may change it to DuskGold and DawnSilver?

Well, gonna save money! :)

YuuNoKami Saka

Super Sentai, Mairu!
    Years
    It's about time they made an official announcement!

They'll probably get released here in 2010, since that's not only the tenth anniversary of Gold and Silver here, but it usually takes about a year to translate the games. I'm kinda disappointed with the titles though, the speculated "DuskGold" and "DawnSilver" seemed much more appropriate in my opinion. Ahh well, looks like my next version's gonna be HeartGold.

Quoted from: https://www.destructoid.com/pokeman...l&?no_cache=1&comment_saved=1#comment-1242699

Hey, remember that little rumor about remakes of Pokémon Gold/Silver coming to the DS? It's no longer a rumor, as they have been confirmed today by both Yahoo! Japan and the official Japanese Pokémon website. Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver are set to release in Japan at the end of this year, meaning that we will most likely see the games in 2010.It seems that most people fall into two camps where the original games are concerned: those who hold Gold/Silver up as their favorite two games of the main series, and those that never played them. I would fall into the latter camp of people, and I must say, I am very excited that I will finally get to check out what all the fuss is about, and through enhanced versions, no less! After being a bit disappointed in Diamond and Pearl, I am looking forward to going back to a more simple game, with a lesser amount of slapped-together creatures and complex statistics to worry about. I have no doubt that Heart Gold and Soul Silver will be just as awesome as Fire Red and Leaf Green were, if not more.
    So, are you guys as excited as I am, or what?

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    Oh omg O.O
    Until yesterday I thought this was too good to be true...now that we have an official souce that proves it..I still can't belive it XD.
    Can't wait for the games to be released! The names...well I couldn't care less about them The german ones will be terrible
    This will most likely be the first game for me to import it.
    I hope we'll get to see more infos soon.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    One more game to wait for. I was waiting for KH 358/2 Days and new Pokémon Mystery Dungeon and now I'm waiting for this too! Finally, I have been waiting for this sooo long! Gold was best game ever and now Gold with Hoenn and Sinnoh pokémons too!!! I'm so happy now! Hope the game is quickly in Europe...

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    OK... Wait for the Japanese Version! as for us, We'll wait the English Version! :)

P.S. = Are the names HeartGold and SoulSilver? I heard from some other sources that they are not sure of these names, and they may change it to DuskGold and DawnSilver?

Well, gonna save money! :)
    Yes they are. And i love the names.

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    In a way, I guess it is.

The fans are sort of the Heart and Soul of the games... without the fans, there would be no reason for there to be the games... ...right?

Sort of a dual-meaning. <3

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean!

Also...how did you type the "é"

Press the Apostropht first, then press "e".

Last edited:

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I never played Crystal...what is a "PokeCom Center"?

Also...how did you type the "é"

The Pokemon Communication Center was a building in Japanese Crystal Versions that replaced Goldenrod's normal pokemon center. There was a pseudo-GTS feature in it using a certain model Cell Phone plugged into your GBC.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    PokéCom was a modified Pokémon Center in the Japanese release of Crystal, similar to the one on One Island in FR/LG. I suspect that it will be replaced with a Global Terminal building in the remakes.

To type the é character, I think it's Ctrl+Alt+E, but that might be only on European keyboards.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    PokéCom was a modified Pokémon Center in the Japanese release of Crystal, similar to the one on One Island in FR/LG. I suspect that it will be replaced with a Global Terminal building in the remakes.

To type the é character, I think it's Ctrl+Alt+E, but that might be only on European keyboards.
    The GTS technically should be in Goldenrod and all. I wonder how it will look in new graphics and all .I cannot wait!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Not having enough space is nonsensical. The ROM size on a typical DS card's circuit board is about 128 MB, by this rate, and the game won't fill much of it at all, given past Pokémon games. Ruby and Sapphire used 16 MB chips and didn't fill even 1/3rd of it, FireRed and LeafGreen fill at least half of it, Emerald as well, and Diamond and Pearl took up around 30-50 MB out of a 128 MB ROM. Heck, Nintendo of America managed to cut costs with Diamond and Pearl by using a circuit board with a 64 MB ROM and stuffing the game into that.
    Which is why I said they probably should be able to fit it all in. =P

It will be interesting to see if certain stuff from Crystal will get in, yes. I'm slightly doubtful they'd throw in that Japan-only Pokemon Communication Centre for certain (potentially they could just stick to Wi-Fi events, along with the odd store event for some countries and maybe some more movie ones? Eh, one will have to wait and see though). Other stuff includes the whole Suicune plot in Crystal (along with the guy who was obsessed with it XD), the Battle Tower there, the Odd Egg thing...

Will be interesting to see if the Red Gyarados appears as well - it was done partly to introduce the concept of shiny Pokemon in the 2nd gen - but now that's no longer the case. I believe they will probably still do it though, but we shall see.

EDIT:
    The GTS technically should be in Goldenrod and all. I wonder how it will look in new graphics and all .I cannot wait!
    Yeah, I also think that Goldenrod is the prime place for such a thing really, but we shall see. It was the big place of Johto though, hands down.

Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to listen to GSC music now. =D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back