• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Too long, didn't read. /\

So, back ontopic. We need a chance to get Celebi at live events and this would be perfect.
    I'm too lazy to read this... nah. =P But your loss then. ;)

Well, if a GS remake was made I could see a Celebi event in it being possible, given Japan had one for Crystal. If a Colo/XD sequel was made (which also is possible although also a long shot), that's another chance for a Celebi event as well though given it was available in Colosseum via a bonus disc. If either is the case though I'd want it to be available in Australia as well though - only two events ever is a bit... pitiful compared to other countries. :/

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah but most of us no longer have GBC and if we do the internal batteries have probably died.

Years
    Uhm, what's up with the SPAMmy sort of discussion? it's just not going anywhere *decides to join*. Anyways, Arceus' sprite changes when you give it a Plate, so I don't know what you guys are going on about. Also, the G/S remake is what people want, not Arceus, because he's overrated.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I feel I'm repeating stuff, but whatever.
    *decides to join*. Anyways, Arceus' sprite changes when you give it a Plate, so I don't know what you guys are going on about. Also, the G/S remake is what people want, not Arceus, because he's overrated.
    I think you're talking about the mentions of a '???' sprite for Arceus... anyway, that was mentioned when someone pointed out that there is stuff in the coding that never gets used, and hence the coding in D/P/Pt that allowed Pokemon's origin (in the stat screen - e.g. 'Route 202, From Kanto', etc) to come 'from Johto' - when atm there is no game that features Johto that links with D/P/Pt - will not necessarily be used, which is quite true (but it does show they had the possibility in mind, and if there was to be a GS remake they would have to have considered it - this shows that did that).

Anyways, person gave examples, and one involved coding about a sprite for Arecus that makes him the '???' type, but someone pointed it wasn't unless code. Never heard of this type? It's the type the move curse is. Since there is no plate for that type, if someone tried hacking Arceus to be that the type, the game would crash - if it wasn't for that placeholder sprite for Arceus. There's a pic of it at the bottom of this page.

And that's why we were talking about Arceus's sprite. -_-
    Is it me or if a new mini area instead of kanto would be in holon right above jhoto/kanto would be excellent? Or maybe both.
    ...Hoenn, or Holon, as in the place mentioned in some trading card game? :/ If the latter (the former I doubt is what you mean), then I do doubt it'll be in - a region mentioned in trading cards that certainly have no bearing on the game is very unlikely to be use in the games, IMHO.

And especially for a possible GSC remake - part of the game WAS Kanto. Which was where the Elite four were btw - I do doubt they'd cut them out and do something different just like that. More likely they'll redo everything the same, except they might up-size Kanto if they haven't any memory constraints to work around (which was why Kanto was smaller in the first place).

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    With that said it wouldnt be releasing in the same year anyway.

Lullabyse

Harvest Sprite Rescuer
    Years
    I'd love a GSC remake as much as the next guy (who wanted it really badly) but it's probably NOT happening since all of the Pokes are available (Even Celebi, GameFreak EXPECTS us to have friends in Japan.) And you know how much they love making things difficult for us. Making a GSC remake would make it too easy.
    And it really wouldn't be a good investment, because in order to complete the Dex, you have to buy a ton of games. Replacing 5 of them with one isn't a good deal for them...

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    With that said, allof us picky players dont wish to rely on event pokemon. I would much rather have a celebi named Century or something than CELEBI. Not sure how much that matters either.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I would love one <3 =)
    Revisiting Johto would be great but....
    I kind of gave up hope, with Platinum out and everything =\

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Since I was reminded by GS remakes again due to the other thread...
    My friend told me that Celebi was unrelease outside of Japan, is this true?
    ...bit confusing - anyways, Celebi has only ever been an event Pokemon anywhere. Including Japan - even though they got it in Crystal it was I believe via an in-game event or involved buying another product that only ended up there or something like that.

But for the record - Celebi has been event-only. There have been events outside of Japan involving it, I believe, as well.
    I would love one <3 =)
    Revisiting Johto would be great but....
    I kind of gave up hope, with Platinum out and everything =\
    No reason why they wouldn't do one due to Platinum - just that if they did do it, it'd be later on. Nothing in Platinum ruled it out, and arguably, it somewhat added to the likelyhood of it (with the ever-so-convinent absence of any 2nd gen legendaries in it, unlike the 3rd (Regi's) and 1st (Kanto birds) gen's legendaries).

But still a long way from being confirmed, mind.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2023
    I'd love a GSC remake as much as the next guy (who wanted it really badly) but it's probably NOT happening since all of the Pokes are available (Even Celebi, GameFreak EXPECTS us to have friends in Japan.)

Except you need the GBA and GC. Both of which are platforms from the previous generation. Within this current generation, it is impossible to get all pokemon. A GSC remake would change that (with the exception of the Gen 3 legendaries). Nintendp's new DS has no GBA slot which suggests they are attempting to phase out the GBA.

Immortal_one

Math is power.
    Years
    Except you need the GBA and GC. Both of which are platforms from the previous generation. Within this current generation, it is impossible to get all pokemon. A GSC remake would change that (with the exception of the Gen 3 legendaries). Nintendp's new DS has no GBA slot which suggests they are attempting to phase out the GBA.
    Yeah, with the DSi getting rid of the GBA slot, it doesn't look like they would remake the GSC generation on the GBA.
    If anything, Nintendo will release a remake a few months before releases their next gen system, and the game will be on the DS platform. I'm guessing the next gen handheld will have a DS slot and some sort of PalPark to complete the circle.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2023
    I think the GSC remake will be on the DS. They've had 2 series of games per handheld (RBY/GSC on GB, RSE/LGFR on GBA).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back