• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Since I was reminded by GS remakes again due to the other thread......bit confusing - anyways, Celebi has only ever been an event Pokemon anywhere. Including Japan - even though they got it in Crystal it was I believe via an in-game event or involved buying another product that only ended up there or something like that.
    Thanks for answering my question.
    Actually I'm asking if Celebi had been release outside of Japan officially in a event (Just like the Navel Rock, Birth Islands), anyways you already had answered my question.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Nope not at all. The only celebi that has been availible is the crystal one through the cell phone adapter in japan and the other would be the pre ordered version of Colosseum. Other wise celebi is currently unavailible unless through gts. And for the whoel lugia and ho-oh thing the only way to get good ones is through colosseum and same is with the dogs. Hell they way i see it they will have to sooner or later make one as well i think they ****ed up making colosseum the only way to get jhoto legends.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2023
    You can get one of the dogs in FireRed and LeafGreen. They roam Kanto after the E4. Which one depends on who your starter was.

Immortal_one

Math is power.
    Years
    I would expect them to make a G/S/C remake for the DS about a month or two before the next gen system is released. So in about two or three years, or whenever the DSi pandemonium dies down, you should expect a G/S/C remake.

Baldwin

mudkipz. lolz.
    Years
    If they made it, I would get it!

Most likely it would be for the DS platform, and maybe we will be able to get 16 badges just like the original game! ^^

It would fill in the gap for the starter pokemon, since the only way is RSE to complete the whole Hoenn dex and select only one starter from GSC.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Even with events I think it would be a great addition if they would actually make Celebi and maybe Jirachi in game catches.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    You can get one of the dogs in FireRed and LeafGreen. They roam Kanto after the E4. Which one depends on who your starter was.
    Mean while they are so terrible stat wise for the strategic players they are pratically useless. And of course this wont help the possibility of it happening but lower it. I mean of course the games would make more money then the whole 4th gen combined but does nintendo care about money?[sarcasm/]

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Well... Nintendo will do whatever makes them money. With all the fanboys (including me) and girls out there wanting a G/S/C remake, I'm sure Nintendo will do it at some point as it will make them huge bucks.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    The twelveth movie is going to feature the three Johto starters in an unknown role. Advertising, perhaps?
    This was mentioned two posts before you. =P

But yes - it is something of interest. There's always a possibility that it hurts the chances of a GS remake, but I do doubt this. Really do. I don't see them being given out at the movie (after all - Arceus will be the given-out Pokemon), and it does seem just _perfect_ as well. 'Hey people you've played GSC (or Colo/XD0 - remember THESE cool Pokemon?' or 'Hey, kids new to the Pokemon scene - while you're admiring Arceus, look at these cool Pokemon that you can't get yet without Colo/XD which you most likely don't have! Intrigued? seems to be message possibily arising from, them - I'd add it to the list, certainly, of things that happen to sit nicely for a possible GS remake - like the Johto beasts being unavailable in 4th gen games.

Tamama

Kero Zero!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2010
    With the inclusion of eh 12th movie johto starters and pichu which is from Johto(maybe you can get a Pichu egg if there's a remake?), it is more likely that a Johto remake may very well happen.

Of course the need for this remake isnt as bad as FRLG because before Kanto remakes there was no way o get 1st gen starters whereas in XD/Colosseum/Emerald(Emerald if you have 200 pokemon in your dex, you can get a johto starter).

I really want a remake but its a 60/40 chance?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    So get this in emerald the battle frontier made the tv show go back to kanto for it, now a person made a guess and thinks the battle frontier in Platinum will make the tv show go back to johto. Now if thats true the three starters on the movie 12 poster could mean that if they go back to johto ash will have his cyndiquil and totadile back on his team and dawn is going to catch a chikarita. The last part i thought up so if this is all ture then there is a greater possibilty that a g/s remake will come out.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    A chance of a remake is increasing dramastically. It should be announced after the release of the 12th movie and after PMD3. Yeah, they deserve it.

*hopes for it to have graphics like Platinum's Distortion World*

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    This was mentioned two posts before you. =P

But yes - it is something of interest. There's always a possibility that it hurts the chances of a GS remake, but I do doubt this. Really do. I don't see them being given out at the movie (after all - Arceus will be the given-out Pokemon), and it does seem just _perfect_ as well. 'Hey people you've played GSC (or Colo/XD0 - remember THESE cool Pokemon?' or 'Hey, kids new to the Pokemon scene - while you're admiring Arceus, look at these cool Pokemon that you can't get yet without Colo/XD which you most likely don't have! Intrigued? seems to be message possibily arising from, them - I'd add it to the list, certainly, of things that happen to sit nicely for a possible GS remake - like the Johto beasts being unavailable in 4th gen games.
    I did not see that at the time... It must've been because it was about 3 AM. :P

Another interesting thing is that I heard at the website, the Johto starters are being called new Pokemon.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yes indeed. They must be setting it up as a new region because people who were introduced to it in the GBA generation did not play in Johto. I think its pretty obvious that Johto is coming again.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    LOL new pokemon? Damn they are going to brain wash the kiddies to think that pichus come with notched ears originally. And i say better cause i love em. So yeah i had posted this but in the update it got deleted. Oh well. You know how happy i am? I bet you dont as you can see my smiling for 3 days straight.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back