• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Sorry to disappoint you, but just because the names are reserved, doesn't mean they are definitely going to make them, it just stops anyone from making the domain and trying to sell it back to them, which does happen.

True, very true.
    but even though we can't PROVE it being made, there was no one i know who DISPROVED it being made.
    maybe they will make a G/S remake sometime soon, but only when sales hit rock bottom in pokémon.
    but it could also be used for another game, just because it has the word "gold" or "silver" in it, it doesn't mean that its going to be a remake.
    its very likely that it will be a remake if there is an official game like that, but don't forget that they also trademarked many other names, such as white gold, moon stone, Topaz, amethyst, and tourmaline.
    any one of those names could be the name for a remake, however small the chance is.

and on the side note, nothing is proof until it happens.
    All the stuff that might lead to a G/S remake is nothing but a bigger reason for nintendo to want to make it, and to not believe that there won't be one.
    oh, and what do you know?
    On serebii, the pokédex was upgraded, like icicle dance wanted on G/S.
    maybe he can tell the future inaccurately.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    About the HM thing... It'll be the same as in 3rd gen. HM's cannot be given to pokemon->traded. So they could make a HM9 Whirlpool if they want to.

Is flash useful anywhere in Sinnoh? I don't remember any area I used it. If it's not, then I have to say that it's a kickass tm, which everyone teaches to a pokemon as fast as they can, looking at what a great move it is.

About apricorns...

They probably won't be in the remake for different reasons:

1. Gen III completely renewed the berry concept.
    2. The Pokeballs you get from apricorns have got replacements in form of more useful pokeballs in the 3rd and 4th gen:
    Level ball-Nest ball
    Lure ball-Net ball
    Fast ball-Quick ball
    Moon ball-Dusk ball
    Friend ball-Luxury ball
    Heavy ball-Timer ball (this is a bit wacky Dx)
    Love ball-Heal ball (and that even more......but still seem more similar than compared to effects of other pokeballs)
    A G/S Remake?

3. They are not programmed in DPP!

But seeing as every apricorn ball has it's upgraded version, those could be made from apricorns instead. There would just have to be something that prevents you from trading them. For that they should not be giveable to pokemon. So all that would have to be done is a key item (apricorn bag or whatever)for storing apricorns, working like the pokeblock case.

So the only problem I see right now is the absence of the berserker gene in DP....anyone remember any other items which are not key items?
    Remember the Berry Pouch from FR/LG? I'm sure the Apricorns are gonna be store in something like that. HM05 Defog and HM08 Rock Climb will be replace most likely into HM05 Flash and HM08 Whirlpool (3D Whirlpool <3)

Other item that are not key items (i only know): Gold Leaf(?), Silver Leaf(?)
    True, very true.
    but even though we can't PROVE it being made, there was no one i know who DISPROVED it being made.
    maybe they will make a G/S remake sometime soon, but only when sales hit rock bottom in pokémon.
    but it could also be used for another game, just because it has the word "gold" or "silver" in it, it doesn't mean that its going to be a remake.
    its very likely that it will be a remake if there is an official game like that, but don't forget that they also trademarked many other names, such as white gold, moon stone, Topaz, amethyst, and tourmaline.
    any one of those names could be the name for a remake, however small the chance is.

and on the side note, nothing is proof until it happens.
    All the stuff that might lead to a G/S remake is nothing but a bigger reason for nintendo to want to make it, and to not believe that there won't be one.
    oh, and what do you know?
    On serebii, the pokédex was upgraded, like icicle dance wanted on G/S.
    maybe he can tell the future inaccurately.
    Hehehe:D

DarkAkatsuki

Into the night~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 3, 2010
    but, I do wonder if they do make it, how much oney will they make?
    nintendo company cares about money, i guess.
    maybe they might remake it...

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • Pokemon G/S sold 1.4 million copies in the first week after release back in 2000.

Diamond and Pearl had the most successful launch week of games in the Pokemon series. At the end of May, Pokemon Diamond sold the most units of any video game for the year of 2007.

I think that the demand is there, if they make a remake: I forecast that it will be best selling Pokemon game so far, and probably the best selling game of the year. IMHO

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Pokemon G/S sold 1.4 million copies in the first week after release back in 2000.

Diamond and Pearl had the most successful launch week of games in the Pokemon series. At the end of May, Pokemon Diamond sold the most units of any video game for the year of 2007.

I think that the demand is there, if they make a remake: I forecast that it will be best selling Pokemon game so far, and probably the best selling game of the year. IMHO
    You mean Japanese versions right?

Növa

öööööööööööö? ?öööööööööööö ööööö
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2008
    You do know that if they made it, it would most likely be for the GBA right? For pal park reasons. If that'd be the case you can forget about 3-d like D/p. =/

I would like one though.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
  • You do know that if they made it, it would most likely be for the GBA right? For pal park reasons. If that'd be the case you can forget about 3-d like D/p. =/

I would like one though.

Why Pal Park if we could trade via Wi-Fi and Wireless?? O.°

Növa

öööööööööööö? ?öööööööööööö ööööö
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2008
    Why Pal Park if we could trade via Wi-Fi and Wireless?? O.°
    In my eyes, if it was on the DS, you'd be able to trade from diamond/pearl to g/s. Giving the Pokemon evolutions like ambipom, giving them new ones like Rotom, etc.
    If it was on GBA you wouldn't be able to get these new pokemon and it wouldn't ruin the value of the game as much.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
  • In my eyes, if it was on the DS, you'd be able to trade from diamond/pearl to g/s. Giving the Pokemon evolutions like ambipom, giving them new ones like Rotom, etc.
    If it was on GBA you wouldn't be able to get these new pokemon and it wouldn't ruin the value of the game as much.

Well I don't think Nintendo would only include 251 or 386 Pokémon in those games...
    I think they would include all 493.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    In my eyes, if it was on the DS, you'd be able to trade from diamond/pearl to g/s. Giving the Pokemon evolutions like ambipom, giving them new ones like Rotom, etc.
    I doubt you... You should know that the timeline of 2nd gen and 4th gen are the same, so it's only natural to put the games on DS.

Well I don't think Nintendo would only include 251 or 386 Pokémon in those games...
    I think they would include all 493.
    100% agree you, that would mess up the generation if they put the GS remakes on GBA.

Last edited:

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • I don't understand why people want a G/S/C remake. The first game was bad enough. Mainly because of Whitney and her damn Miltank.

That just my opinion though, I'd probably still buy it if it came out, although I don't know why, I absolutely hated G/S/C.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I don't understand why people want a G/S/C remake. The first game was bad enough. Mainly because of Whitney and her damn Miltank.

That just my opinion though, I'd probably still buy it if it came out, although I don't know why, I absolutely hated G/S/C.
    It's ok, everyone has there own opinion. But someday you will understand, why does everyone likes GSC. To me GSC is like a golden age, most improves starts from there the time addition, genders and breeding moves etc...

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • You mean Japanese versions right?

On G/S no, on Diamond, It could be either one you decide:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon_Diamond_and_Pearl

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokémon_Gold_and_Silver

You do know that if they made it, it would most likely be for the GBA right? For pal park reasons. If that'd be the case you can forget about 3-d like D/p. =/

I would like one though.

Your kidding right?

They stopped making GBA games. So it will be on the DS, or the next hand held if they make a remake.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I don't understand why people want a G/S/C remake. The first game was bad enough. Mainly because of Whitney and her damn Miltank.

I hated that damn Miltank too but you have the weakest reason for there not to be remkes!*.^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back