• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    No its Arceus : To a conquaring spacetime! (wait, where the hell does giratina is mentioned? i only see arceus palkia and dialga..)

Years
    Seeing Gold and Silver remakes would BE AWESOME. Then we would have all four of the generations available on the DS as Kanto and Hoen's games can be connected to Diamond and Pearl and the Pokemon transfered :D

Dotaitos

Kthxbai.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2013
    I really doubt it would happen, but y'never know. Knowing nintendo, they'll probably attempt a 5th gen. and then the sequel to that, then the chances of them making a G/S/C remake is more likely. That is, if they do make a 5th gen. *Shudder* Nintendo and they're so called "New pokemon ideas"...

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    2 generations passing and then gs remakes? You be crazy! This year is the best as the gap to thew 5th gen is pretty big imo we got this year and next year and possibly even 2011 with no 5th gen game and lets not forget we got the 10 year anniversary coming up and all the Johto everywhere. In platinum Johto is referenced a lot and in the movie we got starters and 2 very special pichus. And we all know what happens when certain pokemon are in a movie.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2009
    We need a remakes, there are no Pure Gameboy ways to get all jhoto pokemon.

It would not make sense to leave out jhoto,
    1.Jhoto is what made everyone learn to like the world outside of Kanto
    2. It has allot of nice pokemon
    3Why have FR/LG/ DP/ RS/ but not GS remake? every other region is there in advance graphics, and all ready for import to DP, but thers no way to get jhoto starters without a wii, gamecube/ or AR

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I really doubt it would happen, but y'never know. Knowing nintendo, they'll probably attempt a 5th gen. and then the sequel to that, then the chances of them making a G/S/C remake is more likely. That is, if they do make a 5th gen. *Shudder* Nintendo and they're so called "New pokemon ideas"...
    Chances are judging by what we have atm, they could either make it this gen, the next gen (if so, then the coding for Pokemon to come from 'Johto' in DPPt can still be used if the 5th gen allows for backwards compatibility), or not at all - to predict that they would make it in two generations has very little to support it, really. What happens is up to Nintendo and Game Freak and so forth, but there's nothing at all suggesting that they would do it then, even if it is (like anything, really) is possible. =/

As for a 5th gen... IMHO there will be a 5th gen, disregarding their 'new Pokemon ideas', as you refer to them (seemingly, you dislike them?). Like or dislike, these ideas made them millions and millions of sales, and as long as Pokemon still prints money, then more games will be made, simple as that. It's how the gaming industry works, and for one of the best-selling game franchises ever... well, unless Nintendo don't want to continue making millions (and they do want to), then we'll see a next gen, I'm pretty sure.
    We need a remakes, there are no Pure Gameboy ways to get all jhoto pokemon.

It would not make sense to leave out jhoto,
    1.Jhoto is what made everyone learn to like the world outside of Kanto
    It did? For many of the current gamers, Hoenn, Kanto, or Sinnoh was their first region they experienced, as RSE/FR-LG/DPPt were their first games. It is one of the big four, yes, but it certainly did not make everyone like the world outside of Kanto. (Never mind the people who do know Johto and didn't like it either - not everything pleases everyone).
    2. It has allot of nice pokemon
    Again, subjective - down to opinion, really, and not a reason that I think would persuade Nintendo/Game Freak to remake GSC (such as 'it'll make you $$$!).
    3Why have FR/LG/ DP/ RS/ but not GS remake? every other region is there in advance graphics, and all ready for import to DP, but thers no way to get jhoto starters without a wii, gamecube/ or AR
    Better... of course, they could always decide to make new games rather than a GS remake, I suppose (this also goes for the vague possibility of new Wii games which is always possible), which would also make them money. Lacking of a straight-forward way to get certain Johto Pokemon in is something already noted though, and does seem to be very nicely done in such a way that a possible GS remake could fill in that hole, yes.

And it's 'Johto'. =P

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    I personally don't think supafreak has the best reasoning...

These are the most logical reasons I believe:
    - G/S/C batteries are dying like crazy, and most people are not going to bother to figure out how to replace them, yet they still want to play the games.
    - The second generation was largely a favorite of the fans, and that means a lot of money could be made from a remake.
    - G/S/C can't be played on any of the current consoles. While that doesn't seem like a good reason on it's own, it adds up with the rest when they're there.

Those are the best reasons I can think of, and they make a remake, or at least a re-release of some sort pretty much essential if Nintendo cares about money and the fans, which we do know they at least care about the first. lol.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Just posting a GSDS hopeful!

- Online Bug Catching Contests, similar to the WiFi Plaza in Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    There could be I have Proof

POKEMON HAS RESERVED 2 NAMES FOR GAMES DUSK SLIVER and DAWN GOLD

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Like ohemgee for realz?! Like wows we must spreadz this uber 1337 newz!
    Seriously now 4 years later from that find we have a truckload of references and evidence.

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
    Considering Silver is my favorite Pokemon game of them all. I hope that this is something that happens :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2011
    Another reason to consider a remake is that how do we get missing Johto Pokemon besides hacking, etc to transfer our Pokemon to D/P/P if using the orginal GB version of Gold/Sliver/Cyrstal from DSi's downloadables.

What about those who have a DS or a DS light and don't want a DSi. It won't help sales much.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    There could be I have Proof

POKEMON HAS RESERVED 2 NAMES FOR GAMES DUSK SLIVER and DAWN GOLD

That's a rumor and I doubt Nintendo will be likely to back it up. I knew about that from the R/S ages!

Another reason to consider a remake is that how do we get missing Johto Pokemon besides hacking, etc to transfer our Pokemon to D/P/P if using the orginal GB version of Gold/Sliver/Cyrstal from DSi's downloadables.

What about those who have a DS or a DS light and don't want a DSi. It won't help sales much.

Really? I need a DS(i) because by DS Lite has the L button working incorrectly. And I mean not working at all.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Haha nice. Even if a virtual console were to come to the DSi and gsc were to follow no way you can get the pokemon from there to DPPT. And I doubt the remakes would be downloadable. It would be as big as normal pokemon games and even larger possibly. God I wonder why I do this when someone will say something like this in a week or 2.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I wonder why is this alive. If it comes, it comes, you don't have to write walls of text about it unless you want the Shut Up! emblem and multiple infractions.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Its alive cause of the fact that this very year is the one that is just brimming with Jhoto. What do i mean?
    - Johto starters in the movie. We also get
    - The shiny pichu event pokemon. The latest news about it is what strikes me odd. Yes it has volt tackle whoop de dooda but the hold item. Why an everstone?
    - Platinum. My god they make Johto sound like a cool place and all to visit.

This thread is alive and kicking cause this year everything points towards that golden silver lined path towards the remakes. And why get infractions? We arent necroposting are we? No. So if you dont have anything productive to say then close this its wasteless please direct yourself to the nearest exit. Good day! :D

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I wonder why is this alive. If it comes, it comes, you don't have to write walls of text about it unless you want the Shut Up! emblem and multiple infractions.

its here to discuss in not to spam in like you just did.

Anyway, I wonder too what the everstone is about, its as if they dont want you to evolve it for some reason? A later transfer will make it into Gizamimi! [shot/]

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well no cause Gizamimi Pichu is technically female and the PCP is well male. There has to be some connection with the Gizamimi pichu and a new game. Maybe.

Years
    There has to be a remake, the fact that everybodys GSC versions battery are dying about now, they should give them a new version. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back