• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
Years
  • I'd assume so.
    A couple/few months then max, I'd guess. Not that they'd be any changes from the American version besides them changing PAL and what-not - such as, say, not using American English. -_- (Mom =/= Mum over here XD)

Not even that, seriously they do not change anything from American games to the UK ones. I was playing EU emerald the other day, I started again, it was like 'Mom' lol

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    Guys, going to play devil's advocate when it comes to Lucard. He claims in his recent posts that he posted way back that May 10th will have an announcement, we've checked and his article does have that...now

If you look at the google cache for said article, the article is missing the May 10th bit

While he may have inside info, he may know whats going on, this adds up somewhat against him.

I know people get leaks like this, I myself have been the recipient of several of them. However, you have to factor in everything.

We'll know Saturday night for sure anyway

Serebii - did any of you actual check the google cache link you provided, as it shows the exact same thing that has always been there. Are you sure someone didn't photoshop for the intent of drama? I appreciate the skepticism and rumourmongering but this is why my Johto piece also talks about the importance of checking and verifying. I'm a pretty easy guy to find and have no problem doing a screen cap of my edit log which CAN'T be edited if only because it's on a server I neither house nor control.

I've attached a screencap here for proof but hey, even thing I wrote as to what was coming (and what wasn't) turned out to be true, so believe me when I say no offense. I got a hell of a lot worse when I did the Pokemon Platinum reveal. :-) You guys keep me on my toes.

-Alex

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Serebii - did any of you actual check the google cache link you provided, as it shows the exact same thing that has always been there. Are you sure someone didn't photoshop for the intent of drama? I appreciate the skepticism and rumourmongering but this is why my Johto piece also talks about the importance of checking and verifying. I'm a pretty easy guy to find and have no problem doing a screen cap of my edit log which CAN'T be edited if only because it's on a server I neither house nor control.

I've attached a screencap here for proof but hey, even thing I wrote as to what was coming (and what wasn't) turned out to be true, so believe me when I say no offense. I got a hell of a lot worse when I did the Pokemon Platinum reveal. :-) You guys keep me on my toes.

-Alex
    Hmm I will believe you and all but I dunno I hope things get cleared up and all. You seem legit thats all.

I don't know about anyone else...but with this news, it's made me bring out my GBC Gold to play. :D
    Oh trust me I am scraping my house for 4 batteries and trying to wonder where my silver went.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    Hmm I will believe you and all but I dunno I hope things get cleared up and all. You seem legit thats all.

Oh trust me I am scraping my house for 4 batteries and trying to wonder where my silver went.

Oh well, we're both right. That's why I included the edit log. I *DID* edit that piece into my post...on march 27th. That's why i included the screen cap of the edit log. Not sure where he's getting the added May 2nd. Yes, the piece was edited, but It hasn't been touched in like a month and a half. Either someone photoshopped the May date or they misread the Googlecache OR they were looking at a google cache from before that line was edited in. The piece went live 12:00am on March 27th and I added the Johto bit at 1:44pm.

All of these are valid possibilities. Hence the no offense taken. It's very easy to spread false stories on the internet.

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    I don't know about anyone else...but with this news, it's made me bring out my GBC Gold to play. :D

I wished I could play on my Gold.... But batteries are death. ;_;
    I do have the nerve to go to the secondary game shop and look if they have Pokemon Gold/Silver.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I live in the Netherlands, and English isn't primary language there either, yet 99.9% of all video games are English.
    And as for importing, my parents are sadly against importing/buying online.....
    Nevertheless they like their translating, and I doubt that'll change that mid-gen, let alone ever, tbh. =/ English hasn't quite conquered the world yet. XD

And ah well, I suppose... tbh I don't know how mine are on it, but I'll be old enough to get stuff by myself by then easily enough. -_-

And as for edit claims...well, meh. I don't care tbh as the GS remakes were confirmed. And before may the 10th so you were kinda wrong on that bit in the end, I suppose? ;)

They always update google cache stuff though from time to time IIRC =P

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • When this thread was first stared, it was far from popular, but gained support and criticism over time. Now there are 5 pages of post in less than 8 hours.

All I have to say is: HA, IN YOUR FACE SKEPTICS!!!!!!!!!!!! >:p

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    When this thread was first stared, it was far from popular, but gained support and criticism over time. Now there are 5 pages of post in less than 8 hours.

All I have to say is: HA, IN YOUR FACE SKEPTICS!!!!!!!!!!!! >:p

Yes, this must be a hard hit for skeptics. lol
    Take that. :D

Crysta Blade

Shooty Refutey
    Years
  • It's funny how this topic is tagged with 'pokemon sliver remake' instead of 'pokemon silver remake'. (Edit: And just like magic, the topic is tagged with 'pokemon silver remake'. That was fast!)

Anyway, perhaps the new games will give us default names for the hero, heroine and rival like R/S/E and D/P/Pl (and FR/LG I suppose, but the heros didn't have a default name).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    I hope this means we'll be able to catch Ho-Oh and Lugia without the need for cheating!

I personally would have them like Dialga and Palkia in DP, in that whichever is the mascot for that version has their level the same as your highest-levelled Pokemon.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I can't wait to see the boxart and gameplay~
    as some updated Sugimori art of the Johto pokemon 8'3
    and the new sprites as well, Especially Rival!Silver because he has pretty hairs ouo

I know i won't be dissappointed
    I have some hope left for the pokemon games left, and I thought FRLG was pretty good, that was the only thing i like about Gen 3 >.>

King Mario

Hacker in training
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2010
    Is anybody else thinking that if you play as Kris, maybe you'll fight Green as the last boss instead of Red?

Nah, that would take up pretty unnecessary (spelling) data. If anything, you fight againt them both instead of just Red, and then undepending on your gender.

BTW, it's "Leaf"!

Mezase Master

I wish I had pants.
    Years
  • Nah, that would take up pretty unnecessary (spelling) data. If anything, you fight againt them both instead of just Red, and then undepending on your gender.

BTW, it's "Leaf"!
    You mean seperately, or as a double-battle? Either way, it sounds interesting, but I don't think it's as heart-pounding as when you just fight one of them.

Personally, I wish they would go back to the Generation I and II designs and make you fight Red regardless of gender, but as long as they're using the stupid Generation III ones I think it'd be cooler if you fought Red as Gold and Green as Kris.

And no, it's Green, regardless of the in-game sprite data and what Bulbapedia says.

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
    Years
  • I cannot wait. I'm guessing there'll be a more in-depth story to the rival's actions and I can't wait to see a new Sugi art of Miltank. :) The logos look amazing and I wonder if there'll be Sinnoh or Hoenn Pokemon in the Johto Dex? They could upgrade it like the upgraded Sinnoh Dex of Platinum. Either way, can't wait to see the new maps and a fresher Johto. I'd love it if the start screen had the same AMAZING music. :)

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • This... looks...
    AMAZING!

Now if only they'd make a Crystal remake so I could be a girl on the remake...

But this is amazing too!

Trust me, if they gave the option in FireRed and LeafGreen, they will give the option for you to be a girl in these two games... Or they better, anyways! I always hated having to be a male trainer! D:

Anyways, I'm excited for this! Hopefully we'll get more information on Saturday.

Years
  • I cannot wait. I'm guessing there'll be a more in-depth story to the rival's actions and I can't wait to see a new Sugi art of Miltank. :) The logos look amazing and I wonder if there'll be Sinnoh or Hoenn Pokemon in the Johto Dex? They could upgrade it like the upgraded Sinnoh Dex of Platinum. Either way, can't wait to see the new maps and a fresher Johto. I'd love it if the start screen had the same AMAZING music. :)

Yeah, maybe we'll finally figure out who the heck Silver is. :-/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back