• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciervo Volante

Say WHAAAT?
Years
  • Am I the only one who REALLY doesn't want the additional Kanto and Tohjo falls. I've had enough Kanto. I want something new!

How would you be able to fight the elite 4 without Kanto?

I'd much rather they keep Kanto, but maybe that's just me. XP

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Just think about it!
    The Kanto in HG and SS will be the same old disappointment with better graphics!
    No. With almost no space restraints it will be much easier to have an almost complete Kanto with proper gym battles a proper plot and more. These might be remakes but hell if they remade them to the tee it would fail miserably. Say if the technology was the same as 10 years ago sure this would pass by as oh sweet but no. The game will fail and they know it if they do not do something about the Kanto in gs.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • Am I the only one who REALLY doesn't want the additional Kanto and Tohjo falls. I've had enough Kanto. I want something new!

We all want Gen 5 to come out, but for now this will do for me.
    No. With almost no space restraints it will be much easier to have an almost complete Kanto with proper gym battles a proper plot and more. These might be remakes but hell if they remade them to the tee it would fail miserably. Say if the technology was the same as 10 years ago sure this would pass by as oh sweet but no. The game will fail and they know it if they do not do something about the Kanto in gs.

Tha'ts HG, and SS now.

All I am going to say is: "Hasn't this cash cow been milked enough?"

Its not dry yet, so why shoot it?

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Those are some good ones. Here's what I see.

Falkner - runs his hand through the long part of his hair
    Bugsy - IDK
    Whitney - IDK
    Morty - Something really discrete like tapping his forehead
    Chuck - Martial arts
    Jasmine -holds her hands to her chest
    Pryce - tapping that cane
    Claire - Agree w/ above post. Whipping included

Brock - something similiar to Roark
    Misty - Takes down her signature ponytail into her GSC look.
    Lt. Surge - Similiar to Aaron
    Erika - A bow
    Janine/Koga - poof of smoke and appear
    Sabrina - PokeBall Telekinisis
    Blaine - Laughing as his lab coat sways in the wind
    Blue - Too Epic to describe

Red - A tug on the hat followed by a thrust of the arm, PokeBall in hand.

You know what Red should do? Turn his cap around and pull out a pokeball.
    That would be a legendary battle.

Years
  • I think the Pokégear will be like an iPhone, on the touch screen there will be icons that represent Map, Phone and Radio etc. And you just touch them to acces them.

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
  • I sorta agree with the returning to Kanto. But it will definitely be an almost exact remake if you ask me. I mean look at FR/LG. I have to say, I never got to the Kanto bit (I was very young when I first played Crystal), so it will be new to me, like FR/LG were. However, I definitely think they should (and likely will) add in extra areas like the Sevii Ilses (though nowhere near as large, this game is massive anyway). I would agree that a return to Kanto would be boring, but something like the Sevii Ilses would be cool.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Yeah, I also hope we'll be able to get Celebi. Though, I hope it's through the Pokemon Wifi Connection and not some going-to-an-event type thing.

But that's exactly how their going to do it. Giving us an in game super-rare legendary? We have a better chance of getting PikaBlu in gen V.

Also, I don't know why people hate FRLG so much. I thought it was very well done. Granted, the Sevii Islands were kind of boring, but the rest of the game concerning Kanto was very well remade.

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Also, I don't know why people hate FRLG so much. I thought it was very well done. Granted, the Sevii Islands were kind of boring, but the rest of the game concerning Kanto was very well remade.

Firered and Leafgreen weren't bad, and the Sevii Islands were nice additions. But I feel like they've left so much out the game that could be put in. And somehow Red and Blue just feels much better that FR/LG. Maybe it's just the music, but I would say R/B were better than FR/LG and that Nintendo/Gamefreak haven't done enough work at FR/LG.

Years
  • Silver is Giovanni's Son. We knew that for a while.

I had heard that but I didn't think it was confirmed officially.

I don't get why people didn't like FRLG. At first I was disappointed because it was a little TOO much like the originals (I had been expecting a different game, just set in the same region), but they've definitely grown on me. And I thought the Sevii Islands were a nice touch although I would have preferred the Orange Islands from the anime.

As for Gold/Silver, I thought the ability to travel to another region was what made G/S so much better than all the other generations. I would really like to see them expand upon that for HGSS and make Kanto a little less dilapidated and a little more like the Kanto from Gen I. I think it would also be awesome if they separated the Pokémon Leagues of Johto and Kanto, or if they had the Orange Islands or some other region (along with possibly a return of the Sevii Islands) added on, as well.

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
  • Excuse me for a second while I

L;DJ SKSLSDJAKFJASDHFSOFIJDISADFJKLSDJFKJDSA;JCLSDKLAMVFJGJDLGFLGF. 8D

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
  • But that's exactly how their going to do it. Giving us an in game super-rare legendary? We have a better chance of getting PikaBlu in gen V.

The event will probably be a GS Ball you get over Wi-Fi.

I hear you. I love those games. The Sevii Islands might have been better if you couldn't go there at all until postgame, instead of going through about half after the 7th gym.

Sea Guardian

A Kitsune who watches the Sea
    Years
  • JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    But that's exactly how their going to do it. Giving us an in game super-rare legendary? We have a better chance of getting PikaBlu in gen V.

Not if its a required item that activates an event, such as the Secret Key for Rotom's formes.

Years
  • First I was like ?
    Then I was like :o.
    After that I was like SGAIDSUDFHIUDHFIDSHFIDHF!!!!!
    My wish came true!I cannot wait for the first screens.
    Oh,I forgot something.We get to see TEH truck in 3D!!
    *scurries off to change profile*

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • First I was like ?
    Then I was like :o.
    After that I was like SGAIDSUDFHIUDHFIDSHFIDHF!!!!!
    My wish came true!I cannot wait for the first screens.
    Oh,I forgot something.We get to see TEH truck in 3D!!
    *scurries off to change profile*
    XD omg that reminded me. We get to see new buildings like the tin tower and the Eucrateak buildings and the Unown area oh and the radio towers. I wanna see how they will do the train!

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
  • WHERE IS YOUR GODOT NOW?

xDD looool I had to.
    in yer face, non-believers.

Is Godot's profile pink yet? |D

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2016
    I can't wait! Crystal was my favorite Pokemon game, and I'm excited to see a Gold/Silver remake! It's like the original Gold/Silver but with:
    -Upgraded graphics
    -Four generations of Pokemon, not two
    -Wifi (:D)
    -More to do (hopefully)

and much more!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back