• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A game series that...um...doesnt deserve to live.

Noka

I'ma nerd
    Years
    While I don't think the Mario series needs to die, I do think that the Mario Party series needs to die. The first few were fun, sure, and I was kind of iffy on the Waluigi character, but they were fun. However, there's what, eight of them now? I don't see how they can keep churning out Mario Party games; they have to be running out of minigame ideas by now.

Years
    I agree.

Dimps on the other hand is a superb developer with the money and intention to make a decent Sonic game with gimmicks that work. n_n
    Man, how could I forget the handheld games, I actually enjoy those.

I don't think Pokemon MD needs to die, but maybe just remove the whole MD aspect. I actually like the plot involved with those games. A game with a MD setting but a real-time battle system sounds interesting.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Any Sims games, I hate those and prefer animal crossing.
    I'm also glad nintendo left sports games to EA
    Also LOZ should die because they haven't had a game with A NORMAL PLOT THAT ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE AND FOLLOWS THE SERIES since Ocarina of Time, which is the only TRUE zelda adventure (Majora's Mask was Okay but the others can burn in hell)

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
    Any Sims games, I hate those and prefer animal crossing.
    I'm also glad nintendo left sports games to EA
    Also LOZ should die because they haven't had a game with A NORMAL PLOT THAT ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE AND FOLLOWS THE SERIES since Ocarina of Time, which is the only TRUE zelda adventure (Majora's Mask was Okay but the others can burn in hell)

Thank God the Wind Waker and CD-i trilogies died. Aside from them, I don't want Zelda to die (unless they do another trilogy).

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    Pokemon - Pokemon designs started to suck after GSC and too many unneeded gimmicks were added. I think even GSC was pushing it for me with the added berries, apricorns, pokegear, etc. Maybe I just like my games simple.

All 'Hero' Games - Wtf Activision!?! They make very slight actual gameplay changes once every year, and then copy and paste them with different graphics and songs onto multiple games. Their compatibility of songs and games is awful. I think it's clear that everything good about GH1 & 2 came from Harmonix's side, since after they left GH went to hell.

Can't think of any others atm.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
    I have to agree with Sydian.
    Most games that are based off of movies tend to be horrible.
    The graphics are usually terrible, the gameplay is really boring, and it's just not interesting at all.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    i think rather than either sonic or mario go, i think both need to slow down. the only real problem with mario is that he makes too many games too often. if they released one mario game per 1 or 2 years, i would like him more. it would also mean that nintendo could concentrate on other games that they have that have been pushed back.
    as for sonic, i think sega should just stop and think for awhile. mayb after sonic 4 and colours, dont release another sonic for a few years or so. and if colours and 4 were liked, then when sonic comes back some people would be excited.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Killing Mario = Killing Nintendo.

Killing Sonic = Killing SEGA.

The only ones that needs to go are Spyro and Crash. They died along Naughty Dog.
    I don't know, I actually like Nathan Drake a lot. Naughty Dog didn't really die when their most recent game made GOTY.

Nintendo has other series that print money.
    Thank God the Wind Waker and CD-i trilogies died. Aside from them, I don't want Zelda to die (unless they do another trilogy).

The CD-i trilogies weren't developed by Nintendo, rather by Philips Electronics. I never actually found Spirit Tracks or Phantom Hourglass bad at all either, and I can imagine that Wind Waker wouldn't be the worst experience in the world, even with the long sailing time.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    The CD-i trilogies weren't developed by Nintendo, rather by Philips Electronics. I never actually found Spirit Tracks or Phantom Hourglass bad at all either, and I can imagine that Wind Waker wouldn't be the worst experience in the world, even with the long sailing time.
    actually other than the long sailing, i quite enjoyed windwaker. the artstyle was great and the dungeons were pretty fun. but im not exactly the biggest LoZ fan either, so i cant say much. XD

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    Not to be rude, but I already said EXPLAIN your reasons. If you can't be bothered to explain then its not worth is posting really. Hope I'm not mini moding D: but I like explainations

The reason for the saying that Legend of Zelda should stop is because some of the dungeon puzzles were too hard...

The reason for saying that Mystery Dungeon should stop is because the way to recruit other pokemon is just dumb and rips off Dragon Quest V's monster recruiting system...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I dunno, Sonic COLORS doesn't look too bad either.

But yeah definitely with you, that "Sonic and the (insert stupid premise here)" games were dreadful!

Kind of have a soft spot for sonic heroes too tho...is that bad?

Anyways my suggestion for games that should die is the Phoenix Wright series. No games should have been made past PW3. Apollo Justice can kiss my affidavit!!

Phoenix Wright series has officially ended Investigations. <3 You're a little bit late~ Now they're working on a new series. Also, I think you mean Ace Attorney, because Apollo Justice has no Phoenix Wright in the name. :3 The Phoenix Wright games ended after the third one.

Anyways, I guess I would have to say the Sonic series myself, for pretty much the same reasons and everyone else.

And I'm not saying that it should die, but I am curious to know when exactly the Final Final Fantasy game will arrive. :B;;

Raaji

Back up, I got a stick!
    Years
    The reason for the saying that Legend of Zelda should stop is because some of the dungeon puzzles were too hard...

You've got to be kidding me, right?

Whoever said the Guitar Hero series on the last page though, I have to agree with them. Back in 6th, 7th grade when 2 and 3 came out, those games were the "cool" game to have, and hell, I thought they were pretty okay, but then I realized that every single game could pretty much be download content or the previous game basically, for say, 800MSP, instead of a ripoff of $60.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    You've got to be kidding me, right?

Whoever said the Guitar Hero series on the last page though, I have to agree with them. Back in 6th, 7th grade when 2 and 3 came out, those games were the "cool" game to have, and hell, I thought they were pretty okay, but then I realized that every single game could pretty much be download content or the previous game basically, for say, 800MSP, instead of a ripoff of $60.

You basically described almost every sports game(save the ones that don't take themselves seriously). All they do is give slightly different controls and updated character rosters. You know it won't happen though; as long as people are actually willing to shell out $60, they will keep making them for $60.

I think I'll add sports games on my list.

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
    Movie games i want to end

WoW i want to burn in hell

I want LoZ to end, its annoying how every year Zelda gets the spotlight and overshadows the good games

I want Ensemble Studios to reform
    "We will make our last game the most bad-ass game ever, and Microsoft is going to regret closing us down"
    Halo Wars was Bad-Ass, I want halo to burn in hell, but I loved HW, I just love RTS

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Anyways my suggestion for games that should die is the Phoenix Wright series. No games should have been made past PW3. Apollo Justice can kiss my affidavit!!

All I can say is...

OBJECTION!

ACE ATTORNEY IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME SERIES OF ALL TIME. Forget that it's repetitive and you get a pretty cool storyline, awesome music and the most fun gameplay of all time. Who doesn't love watching people shout OBJECTION! and that thrill that you get when you corner someone and the MUSIC THE MUSIIIIIC! AND KLAVIER AND THE OTHER CHARACTERS AND THE SHEER AWESOME EMANATING FROM THE WHOLE SERIES. ;-;

Anyway, I don't think anything should die, really. I mean, there are plenty of games I dislike, but that'd piss so many people off losing them that...yeah. Sports games, though, I reckon are lame as. :|

JeXsus™

I don't need an avatar!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • NY
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Hmm tough choice, I would have to say LoZ. It's gotten so repetitive. I mean I love Link but just because you give him a new weapon or two doesn't mean he needs the same boring adventure. Maybe if Nintendo added some new gameplay controls possibly I'll try it.

Personality I liked Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. Toon Link is pretty cool.

Next I'll go with Mario. I know he's a 'classic hero icon' but it's been too long. And the rest of the characters seem unimportant to me. ^_^ Also he needs to find a new princess too save. Honestly Peach is CLUELESS! But I digress.

And finally movies games. Grrr you irritate me the most! It lacks any form of good gameplay, the story is completely different, and mostly the appeal isn't that great either. Just stop, please for the sake of games everywhere.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years

Phoenix Wright series has officially ended Investigations. <3 You're a little bit late~ Now they're working on a new series. Also, I think you mean Ace Attorney, because Apollo Justice has no Phoenix Wright in the name. :3 The Phoenix Wright games ended after the third one.
    They have confirmed an Ace Attorney 5, which is not Investigations. They've also stated interest in using some of the 3DS features in Ace Attorney. It's not dead. It's only on temporary hold while they did Ghost Trick.

I really can't think of any game series I'd want killed outright. I'd rather see some take breaks and others get the much needed improvements to keep going.

Though... Movie games and sports games can go die. Yeah, I said it. Games based on movies currently in/coming soon to theaters are terrible and sports games are the most repetitive things in existence every darn year.

Movie games that come after the fact can be good (lots of Star Wars games, for example).

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Not really a series but all of the Dating sim games should die in a horrible car crash. Or get an std which would be more fitting.

Back