• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A letter to your past

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Dear 17 year old SilverSmeargleSplatter,

Don't let it get to that point. Trust me. Do me, and yourself since you are me, a huge favor.

Sincerely, 19 year old Sydian

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    Dear 10-year-old me,

Stop looking in the mirror. No, you have not gained weight. No, you are not fat. No, people will not make fun of your weight. Eating is a good thing. Not eating is a bad thing, and shall get you hospitalized for years to come. Believe in yourself. You have a future, you just don't know it. You are smart, embrace it, but not in a pretentious way. Try to avoid bullies; they're not worth it. You know you've made true friends when you see it, so stop questioning it. In a few years, you will always be compared to your sister, but you are who you are. Take some dance lessons, you always wish you had. Sing more, dance in the rain. Misery isn't fun. You don't know who you are going to be, but that's a good thing, not bad. Sharp blades are to be used in for cooking, gardening, working, shaving. Not on your wrists and arms.

Remember the most important: Keep eating. It will save you years of trouble.

-Your 16-year-old self

(This was very therapeutic)

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Dear 15 year old Christopher,

How's life? Oh wait, never mind.
    Listen, honey. At this point in your life, things are only going to get worse. But at least try to keep your chin up! You're going to meet some really great people and even though you won't be in contact with them but the time you're 17, they will have helped you through a lot of problems you're going to have. What problems? I won't tell you. Mainly because I fear I'll create some time paradox that screws up the universe but also because nothing I tell you is likely to help, as I'm still not sure what the most helpful answer to the problems are. Secondly, you're going to get into a great relationship. You're going to **** it up in the end, but do better than what future-you has done and let him drift off into the world. Just try to keep in contact with him, okay? Future-you regrets not doing so.
    Get over yourself. By that, I mean stop being so critical of yourself. You're a great person and you should not b your greatest enemy. Who cares if you don't think you're not attractive? No one. Just try live your life as best as possible, ok?
    Finally, for the love of GOD, do what you can to stop growing. You're going to grow into a 6'5 monster if you don't stop yourself somehow.

Love,
    Yourself
    from the future
    or really, love,
    You-from-the-future-and-you-in-the-present-because-you-will-grow-up-to-write-this-message-and-stuff

Exzessiva

~shy trainer with a shy Ralts~
    Years
    Dear 14 year old me,
    Hope you are alright after that little bicycle accident of your's. I can understand how much your legs are hurting right now but don't worry it will get alright very soon. Just don't forget to take your medicines on time and listen to what mum says. Don't you worry, dad is going to buy you a new bicycle and it is definitely not the end of the world. So cheer up. You should invite some friends at home instead of sulking all the time in the corner. Asking them to sign their names on the plaster cast is a good idea ;)
    Don't lose hope and stay happy. Try to smile even in the pain because you have got everyone you love around you.

Love,

your and only your's,

20 years old ME!

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Dear 8 year old me,

Don't quit swimming lessons and start taking those Piano and Badminton lessons your father keeps asking you to take. Trust me you will want those skills when you're older.

Love,
    17 year old you

Dear 14 year old me,

Don't ask her out, seriously it's not worth the trouble and you'll find better girls out there in fact in just one short year one will actually move into one of your classes.

Yours Sincerely,
    17 year old you

P.S Go join a club and don't wait until you're older because you'll be too busy with exams.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Dear me of yesterday,

Tomorrow is another day, but make the most of right now. Do what makes you feel good and makes you feel accomplished. Do what makes you, and the ones you love, happy, and you'll be ok! Don't be afraid to look back here and use these words to inspire you.

Kind regards,
    The me of today

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Ugh this thread is so awesome.

Dear the 12 y/o version of me,

High school won't be fun for you at first, but if you try to be a little more social maybe that'll work out for you! :) Spend more time with the friends you have and enjoy them. :x

Dear the 17 y/o version of me,

You're not going to like this age. At all. If you want to say something, please, please, don't blog it. Say it privately to your close friends, don't let anyone else know. I know you want to defend/push that behaviour away, but it wont help at all, just concentrate on what you're doing and make yourself known as a good person - rather than someone who causes drama that isn't needed. Don't worry though, that'll change really soon and you'll finally be a better person, you'll still regret everything, though. Just try to forget and live in the present when you get to this point. Also, probably best for you to not use the Internet much during November - January, you'll know why when you get there.

Dear the 18 y/o version of me,

Yeah, maybe best for you to avoid people and stick with your goals, they'll pay off in the end.

From the content-with-life person rn!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Dear 14 year old me,

I wish you were a great student. A straight-A student. But apparently hanging out with the wrong crowd + crushing on the most popular guy in school whom 3 years later becomes your boyfriend almost killed your high school career. I sometimes wonder, even in my age right now...how you even manage to survive. I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone, okay? You just had peer pressure stabbing you to death.

Dear 17-18 year old me,

I really wish you followed your instincts when you were in a long-distance relationship. But you were madly in love, you were infatuated. Apparently you wasted a year and 9 months with a guy that lived three hours from you, and thinking that you cheated on him with another guy. Please. DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN. If you're considering a relationship (which I'm fairly sure that you may never will...like right now. haha), find someone that lives near you. Please?

Sincerely,
    The soon-to-be 21-year-old me.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Dear 11 year old me

Things are going to get a lot better, but you might as well try and roll with the changes that are going to happen and try not to fight them. When you just relax and let life take you where it's going to go, you'll enjoy the ride much more, and might get to your destination much quicker. Life's going to be good; you just need to let it in, for want of a better phrase.

JStor (you'll know what this means in time!)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Dear 14-year-old me:
    You're about to entire high school as a freshmen. It's going to be scary, and there's going to be a lot of new and strange things. Whatever you do, just keep your chin up, and don't let anything get to you. The next four years are going to determine what you're going to do in the future, so be sure to pay attention in all your classes, and get good grades. You'll also make lots of great friends; albeit, you'll probably never see most of them again, but they'll - most likely - keep you sane.

Sincerely,
    Future you

P.S. PRACTICE DRAWING OR SOMETHING. SERIOUSLY. >:T​

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Dear 8 year old me,

I know this is gonna be hard to believe but the life you have right now isn't gonna be this good forever, everything's gonna go to hell in an instant whether you know it or not at the time but what I ask of you is to strengthen yourself both mentally and physically for what lies ahead because you're gonna need every ounce of that strength if you want to survive in this cold harsh world. Remember, god never gives us a challenge you can't overcome so stay strong not only for yourself but for those you care about too even if you hate those people to the very core of your heart. And never, ever, let your anger and hatred consume you. If you can survive for 10 more years, you'll do great things with the life you'll reclaim.

-Xulek.

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    Dear 16-17-year-old me, stay in school, save your money, and put the knife down, you blithering idiot.
    hugs and kisses, groteske

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Dear 18 year old Sydian,

In the event you don't listen to the post I wrote to your 17 year old self, do me a favor while you're still 18. Learn to know when things are appropriate to say and when not to say things. Treat the people you love a lot better, cause I'm going to tell you right now, the most important person in your life right now? Yeah. They're going to leave. Those negative things you don't need to say. The positive things, though...the ones you're too shy to say...you should tell that person. Who knows? It might make a difference for 19 year old you. And if they still leave, well, you won't have to regret not saying it like I do. But for now, you better hold on tight. Cause what you've got right now is a great thing. I can tell you that from where I'm at, there ain't never been anything better. So don't ruin it for me, for you, for us.

Sincerely, 19 year old Sydian

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Dear 15 year old me,
    This isn't a prank, so don't panic. I know you already have sufficient knowledge in English to read this, so go ahead and follow everything I tell you below, for a better future for you. I mean, me.

-Aim for a different high school please.
    -She loves you as much as you love her. YES I KNOW IT
    -Don't ever go near the old train station.
    -Your current best friend is my current best friend, and I somehow regret it. Think over your friendship carefully.
    -Your parents are gonna be fine. Give dad another chance.
    -Start watching anime. What are those? Oh, just Japanese miracles.

Oh, and you'll look a lot manlier in the future, don't worry.
    That's my mobile PIN number from 5 years ago, just so you know I'm really you.
    John

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Dear twelve year old me,

hey. I hope your read this? how are you doing? i think I know. Anyway...

- yes. that girl whom you considered as a rival back in your elementary days? Yes, you will be going to love her dearly. :) and she will love you back. You will have a perfect relationship.
    - practice your poems. it is a really handy skill you can use.
    - pick the rightful pair partner! I always had bad luck with partners, so you better pick them VERY WELL.
    - and... don't cheat. ANYWHERE. You will be fine.

sincerely,

sixteen-year old me.

P.S. Yes. You are among the top ten percent students in your country in your batch. Be proud. You will be going to attend the most prestigious school there. :)

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
    Dear 11-year-old me,
    Live in the moment. Be a kid. It's your last chance to do so.
    And when June 14, 2009 comes around, it's okay to show some emotion for once.

xelarator

Gentlemen.
    Years
    Dear 13 year old me [1 year ago]

Do not dwell in the past, my young friend. I know your entire middle school years sucked, but at your freshman year, you will meet lots of new friends who actually like you for who you are. Those people that bullied you now respect you since you made the football team. And that girl that was so nice to you in the 6th grade that you kinda fell in love with is back, and she still remembers you [And I think she likes you]. Before I finish, heed these words, as these will stay with you forever:

"Strike at every opportunity!"- Mr.Wosniac, your future principal

Sincerly, your happy, 14 year old you.

Years
    Dear 14-year-old me:

Prepare for the most exciting, strange, confusing, most life changing, unexpected time of your life. Strap on buddy, its gonna be a long one.

Dear 12-year-old me:

It'll get better soon. Like it always does.

Dear 7-year-old me:

All this time I tried to forget about you. I hated you actually. Every time I think about being 7 makes me cry. But I guess I should learn from you, and humanize myself again. After all, you're than what I've become.

Dear 16-year-old me:

Stop trying to hit on girls, its not funny anymore. Grow up, get a job, and do something productive for god's sake.

I think I got it all out there alright.

Last edited:
    Back