• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Beginning - Sinnoh Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
    Introduction//.

((Please note that I WILL NOT be taking part in the roleplay as a character. I'm the Role-play master, I'll be telling you what to do next (this includes when your Pokemon evolves and what moves it learns, both will be up to you.), where to go, if wild pokemon appear, what items you find, etc. Please see the rules for more))

Link to Sinnoh Map
    List of Sinnoh Pokemon

Welcome to the world of Pokemon! This world is inhabited far and wide by creatures we call Pokemon. For some people Pokemon are pets, others like you, will use them for battling. Apart from the other regions, this world is entirely new to you and your companions! So explore it with a great passion.

Plot//.
    In the world which you are about to enter, you will embark on a grand adventure with you and your companions.
    At times, you will be challenged by others and attacked by wild creatures, but you must be brave and press on. With this in mind, the journey will indeed be tough on you and your Pokemon, but it'll be worth it in the end.
    Your very own legend is about to unfold!

You play the Hero (or "Heroes" in this case). The one who goes from town to town collecting Gym Badges, catching Pokemon, and solving unique challenges or obstacles. With the help of your friends, a little thinking, and a lot of luck, you may just become the best.

But be warned. A new evil resides in this new world, intent on bringing destruction and harm to all those who oppose them. Paying attention to more then just gym battles will surely help you on your way.

But first, ahem, you'll have to fill this out.

(Post this form in the OOC thread ONLY)
    OOC Thread

Name:
    Appearance: (Pictures can be used, but MUST BE DESCRIBED TO.)
    Personality:
    History:
    Requested starter:
    History of starter: (OPTIONAL)
    Role-play sample: (OPTIONAL, but loved)

The Starters//.
    (Please note I've only left the ones that are available)
    (SIGN UPS ARE CLOSED UNTIL I SEE THE NEED TO RE-OPEN.
    If you are truely intent on joining, send me a PM, and we'll work something out)

Rules//.
    1. Follow any basic rules outlined by the Mods. This includes (but is not limited to) no spamming, flaming, having proper grammar, etc.

2. Have fun! (Which is probably the most important, haha) The whole point of this thread is just that.

3. Only post your Sign-ups in the OOC thread, along with any additional comments or concerns.

4. Please listen to me, and don't go on ahead! This means sticking together with your group. Going off alone is no fun for anyone, nor does it really get you anywhere.

5. Nuu beggin' (translates to: no begging, please). Which goes toward me and anyone else.

6. A 4 line minimum please. :} I understand if its difficult, but if it gets to this point, try describing your surroundings or adding more dialogue.

7. NO LEGENDS D:
    You'll be able to work with one in an event perhaps, but that's about as far as it goes.

8. If someone else has taken the starter you want, choose another one. If you're intent on a certain Pokemon thats not on the list, PM me and we'll work something out.

9. Oh yes, as soon as I've accepted you, please make your trainer card.

(Since I cant double post -_-
    The first post is in here)

((OOC: Alrighty! ITS UP. YES YES. :} Anyway, just basically tell how your character wakes up, and gets to Professor Rowan. I'd like it if you could meet up somewhere along the way and interact, but its not mandatory. After everyone's posted and I'm satisfied, I'll tell ya when you can collect your Pokemon and such.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE SPECIAL POKEMON.

You already have them. (Example of special Pokemon: Gible, Eevee, etc.)

For those of you who have regulars, I'll be giving them to you.

As described in the first post, he's near the lake. You should meet him on your way there.

If you want to go to Sandgem Town to try his Lab, just have one of his assistants tell you where he is.​

The pictures provided are rushed. And just for effect.))
    Chapter One
    Destiny Awaits
    Intro

An old lady sat alone in the room, rocking back and forth in her chair as if under some trance. But alas, she was just asleep. Probably lulled into a dream by the dulling filaments in the light bulbs, or the candles; who conveyed calm tranquil ideas in their dance.
    However it was neither that aroused her from slumber. The culprit was but a small crystal ball, lying peacefully a few feet away. It stood before her supported by a dark velvet cushion, and a table covered in cloth – both seemed to have seen better days. Yawning and replacing a pair of spectacles back on her nose, she leaned forward to properly gaze into the glass.

What was normally a calm swirling mist had turned violent and unruly; churning and whipping around inside the sphere, while threatening to break the whole thing altogether. But from within the maelstrom of chaos arose a small bright light. It hovered inside the center of the ball, showing all those that knew how to use it properly a glimpse of the future.

The old lady rubbed her eyes from beneath her glasses; a sign that she had most likely glimpsed a future not worth seeing.
    A voice hissed from the back of the woman's throat, filled with knowledge, yet an obvious trace of old age.
    "It seems," she spoke blatantly, as if she had already worked out what was to happen, "destiny is already at work."

-----

Early morning broke with an almost forced enthusiasm. The sun's colors certainly proved that, as their fiery warmth covered a smaller area than usual.
    However the dew drops amongst the grass brought new life to the different hues – refracting the light as if they were prisms, and inspiring a sense of hushed awe.

Of course being early morning, not much stirred within the forest, as most life was still in a dream swathed embrace of sleep. The only things that could be easily mistaken for awake were the trees.
    Winter had come and gone, and its effect only lingered deep within the shadows not usually sought out by the human eye. Flowers broke the ground in buds waiting to bloom, while the trees had already adorned their spring attire. They danced and waved in a whispered breeze, all attempting to show off blossoms of unusual colors.

A New Beginning - Sinnoh Region

A man attempted to mingle in with nature; he stood awkwardly, and could easily be picked off as out of place. He's known to all in the Sinnoh region as Professor Rowan; a person whom has devoted his life to the study of Pokémon. And today, he'd be bringing 7 new trainers into the world. It was indeed tough, at least for the Professor, as he wondered if they were ready.

Only time will tell.
    ~

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Episode 1: The New Beginning: Part 1

"Akira!" Yelled Akira's mom. Akira grumbled before getting out of bed, already dressed for the day ahead. Akira walked downstairs after waking up a little more.

"Hi mom." Said Akira as he came down the stairs. "Listen, I'm going down to the lake a little early." His mom nodded before going into the kitchen to start on lunch.

After about five minutes, Akira made it to the lake and glared at the island. "You are the one who inspired my brother to go on a pokemon journey, if you didn't then he would be here and we would be better off." Said Akira, and when he turned to go home, he thought he saw a pokemon, but when he looked back it wasn't there. "Hmph, I thought that was the guardian."

But before Akira got to the turn he saw someone standing near the lake. "Who's that?" Asked Akira.

The man looked his way and motioned for Akira to come back. Akira ran over to the man. "Hello, I am Professer Rowan." Said the man. Akira gasped in shock before looking out back to the lake.

(ooc: Not too much is happening this time.)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    (OOC: Go easy on this one, my first ever!!!)

Out of the House and Into the World!!!

"Ah, morning already!!" Jacob said with excitement, as he knew it was the day where he would become a Pokemon trainer.

"Come on down honey, breakfast is ready," his mother said with anguish and sorrow, as she knew he would start his journey, which she protested against, but bought into the idea.

Jacob got dressed and ready for the day as fast as he could. When he was finally ready, he grabbed his trusty Pikachu's pokeball, and sent him out.

"Come on Pikachu, it's time to eat!"

The two best friends ran down the stairs as fast as they could. Jacob tripped on the last step and landed on his face. Pikachu started laughing hysterically.

"Okay, it wasn't THAT funny," Jacob shouted out. By the time he finished his sentence, he bursted out laughing. "Okay, maybe it was pretty funny."

With Pikachu by his side, they ran into the kitchen, picked up their breakfasts, and prepared to walk out the door.

Before he got the chance to leave, Jacob's mom started saying, "Are you sure you want to do this? I just don't want you to get hurt, and it's a dangerous world out there..."

Jacob's father decided to add into the notion. "Your mother's right you know, it's going to be scary by yourself, are you sure you can handle it?"

"Of course I can, and besides, six other kids just like me are going to be getting started on their journeys today too! Honestly you two, you act like I'm five years old!" Jacob said with anger, as he knows that nothing can stop him from his choice.

"We're sorry, honey, but we just want you to be safe," his mother said to continue the battle.

"Well I'm going to okay. You know what, I'll be better than okay! I'm going to have the time of my life, and I'll gain so much responsibility and decision making skills, you two will have to regret even arguing about this!" Jacob finished. "Well, wish me luck! Bye mom and dad, I love you. Come on Pikachu, return!!!"

A red light came out from the Pokeball, and Pikachu returned to the inside of the ball.

"Good luck sweetie! I'll miss you!" Jacob's mom shouted out the door.

"Be careful son, don't hurt yourself now!" His father added in.

Jacob thought to himself, "Wow, it's finally time. It's my time to enter the world!"

-----------------

To Sandgem Town!

As Jacob walked out of Twinleaf Town, he had all sorts of thoughts, ranging from anxiousness, excitement, and the nausea from how nervous he was..

"Hey, I wonder who that is. Let's go talk to him Pikachu."

Jacob and Pikachu walked up to an older man, probably in his late 20's who was standing next to a short cliff.

"Hey mister, why are you just standing here, looking over that 5 foot cliff?" Jacob asked curiously, as it just seemed plain odd to him to have some guy standing there looking over a cliff.

The man started, "Well, I know for a fact you can jump these cliffs, they are all over Sinnoh. They are short cuts to avoid the grass Pokemon lurk in-"

Jacob was interested, as his laziness kicked in a lot, and he didn't want to traverse through Pokemon to get to a location.

"-The problem is, I'm just scared to jump off from it, so I'm standing here wondering which path I'm going to take," The man finished.

Jacob decided to respond by saying, "Well, good luck for your decision. But it would be easier to just jump the cliff. Bye now!!"

Jacob bolted with Pikachu into Sandgem town, just from the adrenaline rush knowing that his journey will begin in a few short steps. Jacob bolted right into Rowan's lab and exclaimed that he was ready to start!

-----------------​

The Missing Professor

"What do you mean the Professor isn't here!?!" Jacob exclaimed at one of Rowan's assistants, due to Rowan's absence at the lab.

"He went off to Lake Verity for some research, you can try to find him there," Said Rowan's assistant.

"Thanks for the help, I guess," Jacob mumbled in his rage that Rowan wasn't in his lab.

Jacob scurried out of the lab and ran back to Route 201 to find the Professor.

-----------------

Backtracking: The Fast Way

Remembering what he learned earlier, Jacob and Pikachu jumped over the cliff, while shouting hi to the man who still hasn't made up his mind.

"Look, another set of cliffs! Come on Pikachu!!"

The two friends jumped over the cliff, and ran past Twinleaf, without giving it another glance. After they passed Twinleaf, the ran 20 more feet, until Jacob crashed into someone.

"Oh, I'm sorry about that old timer!" Exclaimed Jacob in his usually sarcastic tone.

"Old timer eh? Looks like you and the Pikachu are staring a Pokemon journey today, am I right?" Asked the old man.

"Yeah, but how'd you know that sir?" Jacob questioned.

"Well, I'm Professor Rowan."

Last edited:

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
    @Rubii Naruto: You're right, not much is going on yet. Good first post though! I'm glad this thing is finally up and running.
    I wont respond to your post yet, until a few other people reply.. Plus the Prof. is an NCP, so control him as you see fit, as he's just a minor character anyway.

EDIT: @Jacob: Good first post! For your first ever roleplay, you're not doing too badly. About the fight with Starly though, for future referance I'll be deciding when wild Pokemon pop up. o3o Its no problem now, but I cant give your Pikachu any experience points as I didnt really know about it >_<

I'll be showing everyone a list of which Pokemon appear on the up-coming route after they've gotten their Pokemon and items from the Prof.

Since you bumped into him, you're near the (I think its route 201, but dont scold me if it isnt. I recited that from memory ._.) Lake with Akira. :}

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    OOC: Whoops, sorry about that! After all of the RPs I've been reading lately, you think I would have known that, I'll just edit it out.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Ship away
    Beo lied on his cabin bed, as he waited for the boat to arrive at the shinnoh region. As he lied there he thought about his brother, his family, and how making it through the shinnoh region and becoming the greatest pokemon master would mean so much to his father. Then he drifted off to sleep, before being awaken by a loud honking noise and then rolling off the bed slamming his head off the ground. "Oh my god that hurt" as he saw blood coming dripping from his forehead. Beo then grabbed his napsack, and pulled out a bandana and tied it to his head. "That will do for now" he then gathered his things and made his way for the exit.

Upon entering Twinleaf town Beo looked around and thought off how similar it was to his hometown in johto. He breathed a deep sigh of relief then made his way towards a man to ask for directions.
    The Start of a journey
    "Excuse me sir" Beo asked the man while tapping him on the shoulder. The man turned around with a smile upon his face " Ah hello there how can I help you?" The man asked. "Well i'm kinda looking for a man by the name of Proffesor. Rowan do you know where he lives?" Beo asked. The man started rubbing his chin "Ah you must be a new trainer, well proffesor Rowan lives in Sandgem town just past Route 1". He said, as Beo started running for the route one entrance, but the man spoke something else "But i've heared he is actually at the lake today" Beo nodded and took off.

When Beo finally arrived at the lake about ten minutes later he was exhausted from sprinting with excitment. When he finally caught his breath he looked around to see a beauitiful lake with a few other trainers there, then he notice an older man who he imagined was the proffessor. Rowan looked over at Beo and laughed with a smile on his face "Ah hello there i'm Prof. Rowan and you must be" He paused waiting for an answer from Beo. "Oh me well i'm Beo from Johto" Beo said smiling.​

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
    @dboring: Alright, good first post.
    This RP is coming along nicely.
    (sorry to those who have to wait for everyone else to reply D:
    Feel free to talk to eachother until everyone else gets here..)
    Again I'll say, I wont respond as the Prof. until everyone has posted..

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    Chapter One: The New Land and Journey

Emerald slept in his bed uncomfortable. It was nothing more than a blanket on a board, plus Emerald's whole body rocked back and forth. It was in the middle of the night, and Emerald was on board a boat headed for Sinnoh, and because of his lack of money, he had to sleep in the most uncomfortable bed in the most uncomfortable room. Emerald couldn't help it; his family didn't support him becoming a pokemon trainer so he had to pay for the voyage out of his own pocket.

Emerald's backpack was set next to his bed with a pokeball visible from an open pocket. Inside the pokeball contained an eevee, a pokemon Emerald had recently befriended after he helped him. Eevee had run away from home much like Emerald did and got hurt. Emerald helped bring the pokemon back to health and now the two were best friends. But now they were more than best friends, they were partners for the upcoming adventure.

The next morning, Emerald got dressed and ran out to the deck. It was the day that the boat would arrive, and Emerald wanted his first glimpse of Sinnoh. After he got on deck, Emerald rummaged through his bag and pulled out Eevee's pokeball. He clicked the button in the middle of the red and white ball and a pokemon that looked like nothing more than a cute pet appeared. Emerald reached down and picked the pokemon up.

"Eevee, look ahead. Soon we will get our first glimpse of Sinnoh and the beginning of our adventure."

Eevee rested comfortably in Emerald's arms as they waited to arrive at the new region. The sound of waves passed through their ears along with the occasionally noise of a wingull. Emerald soon saw a dark shadow just a little upway. He knew it was finally Sinnoh. He took a deep breath of the salty, sea air. Soon they saw a huge land mass covered with trees and mountains. The clouds and sun floated over the region, making it seem like the perfect world.

Eevee had fallen asleep in Emerald's arms. Emerald shook him awake. "Eevee, look!" he exclaimed. Eevee's ears perked up and it responded happily to the sight. Emerald agreed with the happy noises his pokemon made; Sinnoh was the most amazing sight he had ever seen.

About half an hour later, Emerald got off the boat into a city called Canalave. He felt weird being in his very first town with just Eevee as company. Eevee had jumped up on his shoulder and managed to stay on. But just a few minutes later, Emerald got onto another boat heading towards a town called Sandgem.

The next day, Emerald got off of his final boat into the city of Sandgem. He pulled out a letter he had received from the professor and followed the directions to his lab. In only a few minutes, Emerald managed to find it and walked inside.

Emerald felt akward standing inside the lab. He didn't know where to do, and was too shy to go barging through the lab. An assistant walked up to him to see what was going on.

"Can I help you?" he asked.

"Uh, yeah, do you know where Professor Rowan is?" asked Emerald.

"He left not too long ago. He headed towards the lake," said the assistant. He gave Emerald directions towards the lake and Emerald left. He walked through the new region feeling weird, but excited to start his adventure.

Emerald followed the directions the assistant gave him perfectly and found the lake. Just a distance away he saw a person facing the lake.

"Professor Rowan?"

The man turned around to face Emerald. "Hmm, I presume you are a new trainer. Nice to meet you."

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    ((OOC: Yay! We're starting! Well, here goes a first post. By the way, are those little titles before your posts required? Everyone else seems to be using them, but I've never seen an RP that did, so... could you clarify that for me?))

IC:

"Stupid Professor," growled Rachel under her breath as she took her first rushed, pounding steps away from Sandgem Town. "What was he thinking, going off to the lake? Just makes it harder on us who are ready to get going already!"

It was very early; still the last fleeting signs of the indigo night sky hung up above, cowering away from the bright rising sun over the horizon. Rachel's parents were probably still not awake. Whether they were or not, she didn't care. She'd left a note, toasted a frozen waffle, and left them to stay in bed. After all, she didn't need her mom and Dave, that terrible excuse for a parent who dared to call himself her stepfather. Sure, he gave her a Pokemon. Other than that, she saw him as lazy and inconsiderate. He didn't deserve her goodbyes, and her mom... well, waking her would mean waking him.

"Gible, come on and make sure I don't get attacked by anything," she sighed, pressing the button in the center of a red-and-white orb known as a Pokeball. In a burst of light, her very own Pokemon emerged. The tiny lizard-creature opened its round, yellow eyes, blinked a few times, then looked up at her expectantly. Upon staring down at Gible, Rachel couldn't help but feel excited about her journey, despite how lame things were going this morning. Her Pokemon was a tough, hardy thing, with a rough hide and several white fangs poking out from its jaw. She knew he would be a good battler on this quest, wherever it took her. Anywhere was better than here, that was for sure.

Rachel made her way toward Lake Verity, pushing through bushes and tall grass with her partner close behind (though every few moments she felt she needed to tell him to, "Hurry up already!"). While the path from Sandgem to the lake was quite an aggrivating adventure in itself, luckily Rachel was not bothered by any Pokemon on the way, which made Gible seem a bit less useful. All the same, she kept him out and at ready just in case something happened.

When she finally came to a little wooden signpost that read 'Lake Verity --->', she felt quite relieved. Following the direction of the sign, it only took a minute or so before Rachel was standing before one of the Great Lakes of Sinnoh. Its beauty gave her a wonderful feeling; the perfect blue waters... the silhouette on an island in the center... the foggy mist that hovered just over the surface... and that sunrise, just above her... It was all quite a miraculous scene. However, she had to turn herself away from it.

Walking over to a white-haired man who was standing nearby (who she assumed could only be Professor Rowan), Rachel made sure Gible was following her and greeted the man dryly.

"Professor Rowan?" she asked.

"Yes," the man replied in a deep and aged voice, "That would be me."

"I'm here to start a Pokemon journey," she explained simply.

"Stand with the others, and in a moment I will explain everything."

His short reply annoyed Rachel quite a bit, but she held her tongue and did as he said. Gible, who seemed nervous around the other strange beginning trainers around, came to her feet and hunched down slightly, a very low and quiet growl rumbling in his throat. Rachel fought the urge to tell him to shut up, knowing something like that would uspet the Professor.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    An Arrival, A Detour and a Problem

OOC: Sorry if this post totally sucks, I am tired and busy playing Call of Duty 4 while writing this, but the RP must go on! So I will perform to the best of my ability. I also doubt you will ever see this amount of detail. By the way, please proofread by profile for me. I believe I used a "bring" where a "big" should be, haha. Anyway, here we go:

Several days, or possibly a few weeks had passed since the young Lucius Jericho had left his home in Sunnyshore City. He had lost track of time ages ago and had traveling the region of Sinnoh for quite some time. Being new to the region really did not help the young man as the only fact he had known that an elderly Professor Rowan was granting new Pokemon to aspiring trainers and that he wanted in. Suffering from a business-obessed father, annoying yet lovable sisters, and a mother that lied six feet under, his family life was the definition of imperfect. Leaving his home to attain a dream seemed to be the only reasonable escape, and some may call it selfish. That thought haunted him and failure would make it far worse and even more unbearable. The only thing that made sleep even possible at night was the sole fact that his sisters wanted him to succeed. Plus, leaving his father's girlfriend of the week to take care of the brats was an added bonus that made his departure a form of poetic justice that only Shakespeare could devise.

Lucius entered the limits of the small yet quaint village of Sandgem in the early hours of the morning. The sun remained low in the sky and the painted the sky with various bright colors of orange and yellow. It seemed Nature had tried to create its own backdrop for a dramatic touch. Activity in town was minimal but that was expected considering the fact it was quite early even for Lucius, a man who was used to waking up to take care of his family and house cleaning. Wandering the town, Lucius lacked the knowledge of where to look for the Professor and did not desire to wander all of Sinnoh with any defense. After all, he lacked a Pokemon partner. Taking a random, uneducated, yet predictable guess, Lucius chose to knock on the large door of mansion-like structure. The door creaked open and a long stick of a human with titanic glasses emerged from the shadows of the laboratory. "Yes? You have reached the laboratory of Professor Rowan. Can I help you?"
    The stick appeared to be able to talk with a proper and polite tone.

"Well, I am seeking the guidance of Professor Rowan himself. Is he in?" Lucius asked with as much as respect as he could offer this early in the day. Half awake, he contained enough common sense and intelligence to ask the question and wait for an answer.

"You must be another one of those adventure-seeking kids. You aren't the only one to ask about him." The assistant sighed a loud and dramatic one, as to make Lucius flee from the town. "Head west to a lake. He went there for some reason." Lucius nodded in appreciation. As Lucius began to advance to the west, the gentle morning became a little brighter. The sun climbed the sky to a slightly higher position, painting the sky with even more color officially killing the night. Calm and soft winds brushed against the grass and Lucius' face as he made his way to the lake that the scrawny man directed him to. Lucius dashed forward as to avoid the slowly awakening Pokemon and arrived to behold the sight of the reflecting sky upon the lake. The lake carried the gentle breeze causing his mess of hair to blown back in the wind. Along the lakeside, a tall and burly man stood upright in pride. He turned to Lucius and revealed weathered and experienced features.

"Professor Rowan?" Lucius asked with a combination of fear and respect. He did not want to be wrong yet again, as the high morale Lucius carried would vanish in an instant.

"Yes. I am Professor Rowan." Lucius bowed in respect after the identity of the man was properly revealed. "I assume you seek a Pokemon." Lucius nodded in approval and waiting for the man to grant him the rights that would permit his journey as a trainer.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    ((OOC: Sorry for posting a little late.))

In a small cottage on the outskirts of Twinleaf, there was a 15 year old by the name of Sabin. At this particular time the last thing he wanted to do was wake up, yet he was forcing himself to do just that.

"Come on Sabin, stop being so lazy," the drowsy teen said to himself in a tired voice. As he half rolled half fell out of bed he went through the usual routines. Sabin got into his normal outfit, brushed his teeth, had a snack, and remembered that today he was supposed to be in Sandgem. Of course the last one wasn't exactly 'routine', but today was not a normal day. Today he would finealy become a trainer. As he realized he was a little early on his walk to the northern exit of Twinleaf town, he decided to meditate at the local lake seeing as he would be too busy to do it any other time today. Upon walking through the narrow path of dew covered trees he was able to take in the scenery of the lake. The water reflected the image of the orange tinted sky contrasting against the early morning darkness of the aging trees surrounding the lake that kept it unreachable in any direction but the one Sabin was entering from. This pristine image was interrupted by a group of young adults and an aging man gathered together by the edge of the lake.

"I wonder who those guys are?" Sabin thought aloud to himself. As he walked ahead he immediately recognized the older figure as Professor Rowan. Sabin decided to go to the back of the group and listen in, attempting to stay unnoticed.

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
    @Pika: Good first post!
    I'd say we're ready to move on..
    All I can say is you people sure are eager. o_o

@Piez: Again, I love your use of description.. Made me feel like I was standing right there!
    And about the titles, no, not really.
    I just use them for chapters, to help get people to know what's going on. The title really sums it up, but you probably don't need one.

@Plan-B: I laughed when you said "stick of a human with titanic glasses ". I know someone in real life that fits that look.. It literally appears as if his glasses are weighing him down.
    Anyway, your role-play doesn't suck. o_o
    I know what you mean though.. I was playing one of those really old skateboarding games for Playstation (just for laughs.. its really funny) while I was posting in a different thread - and I have to agree. It's pretty distracting. xD

@Mr. Person: No no its fine.
    It's great that this role-play is moving quickly.

ALRIGHT.
    PEOPLE.
    MEN/WOMEN/IT'S.
    EDIT: (Note that you'll be powerplaying the Prof. to get your Pokemon and items.) <---

((OOC: Time for your second post (yes it is exciting.).
    I'll be playing the professor for the meantime..
    Powerplay him all you want, but try to stay in his character when doing so, and to give him a chance to talk to other people.
    Again, I'd strongly suggest getting to know your companions and forming a small group at this time.
    Since you will need to be traveling with at least 1 or 2 other people (for this to be interesting at least.. You'll find out later in the story.. Plus, loners in role-plays just end up quitting). ))

"Good," the professor said after a pause, "you're all finally here."
    While it was true that Rowan probably should have stayed in his laboratory, if he wanted to be found more easily; he often enjoyed the company of nature when something was on his mind. He soon spoke again though, stating the more obvious to those who didn't know already.
    "As you all should already know," Rowan's voice contained an almost hidden authority, causing most of the youths to at least perk up, "today is the day you become Pokémon Trainers."
    After stating this, the Professor turned around to face them directly. What he saw was most disheartening, as none of the people standing before him actually looked like a trainer.
    They were either smiling without a care in the world, or their face was very suspiciously void of any emotion; as if attempting to hide a smirk or glare.
    That being said, even if he did feel this way, Rowan certainly didn't show it; lest he be picked off as discouraging them.

"I see some of you already have Pokémon," he said after surveying the lot once more, "which should mean less quarreling. Now come along."

Walking straight through the line he had just form moments earlier, he headed in the direction of his laboratory.

Last edited:

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    Chapter Two: Professor Rowan

Emerald watched as the professor looked at him, but then turned around to look towards the lake. The two were silent for a moment until Emerald heard him mumble something about the "peaceful nature", but he couldn't understand everything he was saying. So Emerald looked out into the lake instead and saw nature's beauty. The water was perfectly still and glitterly which made it look like nothing more than a sheet of glass. Trees and wildlife surround the lake along with the noise of birds and bugs chirping. Emerald could only think of one word to describe the lake: Peaceful. Maybe that was what the professor was trying to say.

Then, in less than ten minutes, more trainers poured into the lake, shattering the peace. He heard the same question being asked at least six times: "Are you Professor Rowan?" "Are you Professor Rowan?" "Are you Professor Rowan?"

Dang it, yes he is Professor Rowan, so shut up! Emerald thought angrily. He looked at all the trainers and felt kind kind of annoyed that the peace was broken because of their repetitive question. He saw another person with a pokemon standing next to her. It was pretty small and reminded Emerald of like a lizard dinosaur. He decided to hurry and go stand in line with the other trainers instead of with Professor Rowan so he wouldn't look like a sore thumb.

"Good, so everyone is here," said the Professor, "and as you all know, today is the day that you will become pokemon trainers." The professor took an akward silence and stared at the trainers. Emerald smiled nervously as the professor looked towards him.

"Yes...Anyway, we must start to head towards the lab," said the professor. "I see that some of you already have pokemon. Like I see you boy with the Eevee." Professor Rowan pointed straight at Emerald. Emerald once again tried to smile, but he panicked more. The professor looked at him strangely and then moved on. "And I see you with the Gible, young lady. Also I heard that on of you has a pikachu and the other has a buizel. Ah well, just means less quarreling. Now let's go."

Professor Rowan began to walk towards the lab with the trainers following him. Emerald stood next to the girl with a pokemon. "Hey, your pokemon is really cool. It's a .... Gible right?" The girl just nodded and walked off. Emerald sighed and stood in the back the whole way to Professor Rowan's lab. He really wanted to make a friend in this new region.

Once again, Emerald arrived at the pokemon lab only this time, the professor was here, too. The eight people walked inside the lab. The trainers got in a horizontal line while the professor fiddled with some things on a desk. Emerald rocked back and forth and began to whistle out of nervousness until one of the trainers glared at him. Intimidated, Emerald stopped. He looked at the other trainers and saw that he was one of the youngest which made him even more nervous.

The professor finally turned around and in his hands were small mechanical devices. He passed one out to each trainer. "These are pokedex's," explained the professor. "They will record information on pokemon you've seen or caught."

Emerald took his from the professor and opened it out of curiousity. It immediatly beeped and stated information: Gible, the Land Shark Pokemon, it-

Emerald immediatly snapped it shut. The other trainers immediatly whirled around and looked at him. Some looked at him funny, but then put all their attention into the professor again. Emerald sighed and wondered how he was making himself out to be a fool to the other trainers and the professor. He stuck the pokedex into his pocket.

The professor walked around and gave a single pokeball to some of the trainers, but skipped Emerald. Emerald figured that these pokeballs were beginner pokemon for some of the trainers. After that, the professor dropped five miniture pokeballs into each of the trainer's hands, including Emerald.

"These pokeballs are for catching wild pokemon. Just be sure to weaken them first," explained the professor. He took a deep breath. "Well, I think that's everything. Everyone get out there and begin their pokemon journey!"

Finally, thought Emerald. He got ready to take off until one of the trainers walked up to him. "Hey, good luck," he said. Emerald grinned. "You too." Emerald left with great excitement for his new journey.

Last edited:

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    As Beo watched the Proffessor walk around the lake addressing them, his mind started to wander a bit, he started to think about things like what kind of pokemon will recieve and things like that. Then he watched as the proffessor started to wave them on to follow him. "Ah well since everyone is here let us go towards my lab where i'll will give some of you your starter pokemon, and also your pokedex". Proffessor Rowan said as they made there way through Route one towards the lab. Beo looked around to all the other trainers and smirked a little and without thinking "Just to let all you guys know i'm going to be the next pokemon master" Beo laughed.

When they finally reached the lab all the trainers were gathered into a line, and then started to walk down it handing out pokeballs and the pokedexs. Then it came Beo's turn, the proffessor just looked at him for a couple moments, and finally spoke "haha well Beo in seeing as how your going to be the future pokemon master i except great things out of you" Rowan then handed Beo his first pokeball, along with a pokedex. "Thank you Proffessor i'll be sure to accomplish all my goals, now to find out which pokemon I got" Beo said eagerly as he threw his pokeball in the air and out popped a little fire monkey. "Chim-- Char" the pokemon said, as Beo used his pokedex for the first time "Chimchar the fire monkey pokemon" the pokedex said aloud. Beo knelt down beside Chimchar "ah chimchar, i'm gonna call you flare" Beo said well shaking the hand of his new pokemon. He then returned flare to his pokeball.

(Sorry for such a short post i was in quit a hurry, but you can expect better ones from me)

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
    @Pika: You're doing a good job :}
    I'd say keep trying to communicate with others, but yeah, sure meet a new character if you feel the need.

Head to the Prof's lab..
    You can talk to anyone along the way I suppose o:

@dboring: Alright, good second post.
    We're almost into the actual game element of things, so this is good.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    Getting the Pokemon

OOC: If the adventure gets on a roll after this, I may stop using the titles. I typically use them if I am solo-RPing like in the Kanto Adventure. Anyway here's my second distracted post as Super Smash Brothers Brawl is calling as I wait for my friends to wake up and hang out.

With the trainers' gathering completed, the Professor directed them back to the lab in Sangem Town. Why the old doctor didn't sit there in the first place remained a mystery to Lucius but then again he did not really desire to know. As far as he cared, if the man wanted to hang out by a lake at the crack of dawn he could and being able to explain himself would just be a little extra bit of information. Walking in a large mass of people, Lucius noticed that many of the aspiring masters were roughly his age. One trainer was a little older than Lucius while the others were possibly a year or two younger. A solitary girl with a pokemon that looked like a giant mouth mingled in while a young boy with an Eevee snuck in. With the exception of the blue haired man, most of the companions appeared to be fairly kind though he was concerned he looked a bit out of place considering he was all brown in appearance. Oh well, I just need a Pokemon to train, Lucius thought as they entered the Lab.

Upon entering the lab, Lucius locked eyes with glasses-man and all his sickly thin glory. Lucius smiled and nodded with some grace and kindness. The man's assistance earlier helped Lucius catch up with the experienced professor. Most of the trainers received computer like devices since all of them already had some Pokemon companion. Lucius accepted the device with open arms, bowing slightly when Rowan offered the high end technology. "It is a Pokedex. It will record data that you come across and aid you in identifying wild Pokemon that you encounter." Lucius placed the Pokedex in his back pocket for quick access and waited for the next order of business. Rowan entered his desk and pulled out a massive bag full of pokeballs, handing 5 to each trainer. He had guessed it was to prevent the trainers from needing to find a store in order to buy stuff right off the bat. Gracious at the offer, Lucius received his Pokeballs and threw them into his back pocket of the bag that had accompanied him. Rowan was prepared to bid farewell to the trainers before Lucius stood and spoke in a clear yet calm tone.

"Excuse me, but I need a Pokemon. Unlike all this other individuals, I lack a partner." Lucius spoke with as much caution as possible.

"Give me a moment, young man." Rowan walked into the back room of his laboratory, as if he was escaping from the scenario. A few moments have passed, Lucius was becoming noticeably nervous and concerned about his future. Eventually, patience won the minor battle and Rowan appeared with a weasel looking Pokemon. Much like Lucius himself, the Pokemon beamed a stern face, but he had hoped that like him it had a easy-going nature behind it. "It is called Buizel. You are lucky I had an extra Pokemon lying around."

"Thank you, Professor Rowan. Your guidance is deeply appreciated." A bow followed his statement and Lucius prepared to leave the lab in order to begin his journey.

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
    @Pika: Yes thats fine. We just need for everyone else to catch up, and we can move on to the next route!

I'll begin writing the post for it momentarily.

@Plan B: "glasses-man and all his sickly thin glory".. Ha-ha! It never ceases to amuse!
    Good luck with hanging out and the like.

I'll be going for a bikeride later today, followed by Jazz Band practice, so I'll be away for an hour or so.
    I dont think it should cause problems.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Episode 2: A New Beginning: Part 2

Akira snorted as he looked out on the lake, apearantly glaring at the being inside, when Rowan got to him.

"What's wrong?" Asked Rowan. Akira looked at Rowan then left and went to start a conversation with someone.

Akira walked up to Beo and said. "Hi." But Beo wasn't really paying attention to his thoughts on what's to come. "Okay then, I'll go."

Rowan motioned for everyone to start following him, and that is when everyone started moving. Akira didn't want to be left behind, so he followed them. After a while Akira went up to Emerald and said. "You seem a little nervous, here's some advice don't be so nervous or it'll be pretty hard to battle on live T.V. later on."

"Thanks for the advice." Said Emerald seemingly not paying attention. "So why are you on this journey?"

"I need to beat my brother in a battle." Said Akira before deciding to walk off a little bit.

And in a matter of minutes, the group of eight had reached Rowan's lab.

"Now, I know a few trainers don't have pokemon, it's lucky for you that I have some lying around." Said Rowan as he brought out three pokeballs. "Choose one."

And Akira saw Beo, and Sabin grabbing two pokeballs, so he decided to grab the last one. And after that, a Piplup burst out of her pokeball to see who her trainer was like. Needless to say Piplup was shocked that Akira was her trainer and went back into her pokeball.

"Okay, that was weird." Said Akira before Rowan came to him.

"Here's five pokeballs." Said Rowan giving Akira the orbs. Akira looked at everyone else before letting everyone walk out. And with that, he left towards Route 202.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    "We will be going to my lab in Sandgem." the professor said with authority. As he walked past the group and out back to route 201 the soon to be trainers began following the aged professor. Sabin noticed that most of the people there were either just thinking to themselves or making attempts at conversation that seemed to utterly fail. As he thought to himself about what the others could be like his mind began to stray from that subject to what his new pokemon would be.

"So, anyone know what the starters of this place are?" Sabin decided to ask. When he realized that no one had the intension of answering he became a bit embarrassed that he had broken the silence of the walk. After a short time, in which Sabin made sure to keep his mouth shut, the group reached a lab positioned near the entrance to Sandgem. It was mainly white, with gray highlights and a dark blue roof that would have made it nearly invisible if it was night time. A unhealthy looking man opened the door for the professor and the rest of the group filed in to the lightly lit lab.

"As you know I am Professor Rowan," Rowan began, "and I will be giving you your first pokedex, also I would prefer it if the individuals without their own pokemon would step forward to except their starters." At this Sabin stepped forward and so did three others. Sabin received his pokemon second, a green turtle by the name of turtwig. Sabin liked that name, so he was fine without giving it a nickname. He returned his new partner to it's pokeball, intent to introduce himself to it outside rather than in the lab. When Sabin was ready he left the lab and prepared himself for a very long journey.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back