• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Pokemon you would like to have for every day life.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2011
    This, believe it or not, was a Veeerryyy popular thread i made on /vp/ once which stayed alive for over 4 days!

PLEASE DO NOT PUT;
    *Legendarys*
    *Psychic types(Sorry guys, Psychic is cheating. "Abra to spawn me whatever" is what makes it not very nice to pick :)*
    *Do not put "ubers" or "gigantic" Pokemon. Strong for GOOD purposes is OK, using a metang to travel to school is not.
    *ROTOM IS NOT A ACCEPTABLE ANSWER FOR 100 TIMES BEFORE ANY OF YOU ASK*
    *SLAVERY("Plug a Jolteon to *electric device* to keep it charged 24/7" is not allowed, "Use a /Electric Pokemon to recharge so and so/ IS ALLOWED.)*

Example: (This is mine.) I would use Mareep for Wool. It is known for the best wool out there. I would use it not just for wool, I would make it a pet and make it recharge batteries etc, or someone to just keep company with!

@_@ please..i'm lonely here.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Haha okay, I like these restrictions. I think a Venusaur, it has vines and that would be very useful, and since it is a grass type, you know, I think it's a very balanced type so it would be able to cheer me up and I think it gives off a good energy. Nature is good for your mental state, so that's why I think that. Also, grass type knows a lot of healing moves, and poison moves as well, I think that would just come in handy. I see myself eating berries in the sun with my Venusaur, lol.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2011
    Haha okay, I like these restrictions. I think a Venusaur, it has vines and that would be very useful, and since it is a grass type, you know, I think it's a very balanced type so it would be able to cheer me up and I think it gives off a good energy. Nature is good for your mental state, so that's why I think that. Also, grass type knows a lot of healing moves, and poison moves as well, I think that would just come in handy. I see myself eating berries in the sun with my Venusaur, lol.

Good one! Really like it, Haha. Yeah, I completely agree

FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER

Miaka

Forever alone
    Years
  • I would chose Joltik cuz it's so small, it can enter my pocket and take it to school to hit anyone I hate with Electro Ball

Years
  • I'd have a Growlithe and keep it as a pet/guard dog. I'd like to see anyone try to break into a house with a fire breathing guard dog.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I would choose Leafeon, because it looks very cute and cuddly and I would love to have it as a pet. (My first choice is Espeon, though since you don't allow Psychic-types...)

Squirtle Hero

Squirtle Hero
    Years
  • I would have a Squirtle because they look like a lot of fun to play with and not to big to live in a house, and seems like a great friend!
    I can just see me swimming in a lake with none other than my best friend Squirtle, and then having a cold glass of lemonade! :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    I think i would pick houndour or totodile, either or. Houndour because it would be useful for gaurding. Its fire would be good for winter and getting rid of snow and staying warm. Totodile if there were no houndour because it would be good for a pet and you wouldnt have to pay for water xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    I'm going to have to go with Flygon for a personal reason. I live next to a little airport and they keep flying in too low!
    abut for usefulness, i'd go with Treeko. It's really handy with it's size and speed.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i would have an eevee/leafeon or a zoura because they are small and would be awesome pets and companions and they are super adorable

Years
  • Swablu simply beacuse they can sing people to sleep (could use this well when my partner is peeing me off) and they clean things.. we could work as a team to clean my house ; )

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • Swanna! I could fly or surf anywhere.

Gothitelle would also be nice! I could teleport into bank vaults and become rich, lol.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Well, with some of these restrictions, I'd rather stick to having them in the games rather than irl. At least there, I can interact with all of them as far as I wish.

But beyond that, I'd have Cofagrigus. I'd have my Cofagrigus suck the souls of everyone who stands in our way to greatness! And he likes sucking souls.

KNC

Sir Demoknight
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Probably still Gardevoir, not because it's a psychic type, and even though it has telepathy even without that, simply because they are as intelligent as humans, most likely even more intelligent, they are also kind and have a usually good personality, someone you'd have no problem having around you big parts of the days. Otherwise I'd say Zangoose, simply because I like cats. Also in a car accident the car would be on the losing side so I wouldn't have to worry about it because it can very well watch itself.

Back