• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Question Came to Me Over Dinner

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Your oven actually probably has a broil setting, it's just not necessarily in a drawer. I think that's only newer ovens - mine is very old and still has the setting, it's just on the knob itself and to get the drawer effect you have to move one of the grates as high up as possible.

I only know this because broil is the only true way to make nachos.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    It's this thing dude. In the UK we call a broiler a grill. US grills we call a BBQ.

As for the question, I haven't been lucky enough to try such a wide variety of steak. Throw it in the frying pan... done... I don't eat it that often anyway, maybe this is why. I might be a bigger fan if I try one of your fancy steaks.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Absolutely love steak. You can cook it medium or slightly medium rare for me.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Grilled with Montreal steak spice and butter, just like my grandfather made them. Luckily, he passed on the techniques to my cousin's husband. I also prefer medium rare, more on the rare side. Anything past medium rare is gross. Sirloin and t-bone are my favorite cuts, though I'll eat any cut really. Not too partial to ribeye, though. Too much fat in those cuts.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I also prefer medium rare, more on the rare side. Anything past medium rare is gross.
    It amazes me that not only is there this culture about eating a particular meat, but about how uncooked it should be. Isn't anything at all rare what's really disgusting? Think about one of the main reasons we cook food... to kill the things living in it. And if you don't cook it all the way through, well, I needn't say.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    It amazes me that not only is there this culture about eating a particular meat, but about how uncooked it should be. Isn't anything at all rare what's really disgusting? Think about one of the mean reasons we cook food... to kill the things living in it. And if you don't cook it all the way through, well, I needn't say.

Well done steak is too rubbery to chew comfortably. Medium is the right level of softness without it being overly bloody and gross.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • Not much of a steak person, but I like it grilled. Thank goodness I am able to cook my own steak, because I know what I like.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • "Bloody as hell or burnt to a crisp?
    Bloody as hell."

Doesn't really matter to me how my food is cooked, food is food and I'm fat.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Well, due to my condition, I can no longer have steak. But if I did, I would prefer mine well done, and broiled.

Years
  • Nope it's a separate thing lol.. a broiler is an internal grill thing like I said, the difference between it and baking is that the heat comes from above instead of below and makes delicious beef as opposed to dry rock ****.

We just call them grills in Australia (we don't bother differentiating cooking direction). Most ovens do indeed have them. I cook most of my meat that way unless my husband feels like barbecuing for me.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back