• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Time of Turmoil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    "All you need is love"

This is the best I got. Hope it works.

Name: Leonard (Leon) Reigncliff
    Realm: Light
    Tribe: Light Tribe

History: The only child to a small family, Leon was immediately enrolled into the basic educational standards of the region. Earning high marks due to a strong work ethic, Leon was praised early and often by his peers, educators and parents. However, he became bored and restless as the school environment was too confining. Seeking greater challenges, Leon voluntarily involved himself in his father's business of being a merchant at the age of 17 leaving the school system on a whim as their income was slowly declining due to the war and the political atmosphere of Buhar (assuming they involve themselves in a basic economy that involves trading medieval style goods such as weapons and clothes). Leon's sharp mind and outgoing personality allowed him to aggressively advance the business, taking risks his father wouldn't dare with other business tycoons and constructing a focused ad campaign to draw in customers. His father's work ethnic and economic experience was another element that proved effective in mentoring Leon's young mind. Slowly but surely, greater cash flow came in and in the process of 3 years, the family business boomed, allowing them to purchase a larger store/home combination.

Leon slowly became accustomed to the rich life (well kind of rich, lets not give too much credit here), purchasing opulent clothes and fine sword to make him feel manly. He spent money on useful things however in the same vein, such as classes on how to handle a sword, fine dining and even charitable donations. The rich life grew tiresome and tedious and Leon once again ventured into other businesses. This time Leon joined the town guard in order to experience a more lively lifestyle (He considered becoming a mercenary, but pride for his country and the shaky at best political atmosphere of Buhar made traveling more dangerous than anything). For the past two years, Leon has been learning the ropes of being a town guard and is soon ready to begin traveling the streets as a full fledged member of law enforcement.

Appearance: To keep in line with his newfound riches, Leon attempts to look as a much as a noble as possible while also retaining some level of practicality to his wardrobe. Leon wears a dark red long sleeved shirt with a blue jacket with shorter sleeves over it. To keep his delicate hands protected, Leon invested in brown leather gauntlets. Leon also wears black long pants and brown leather boots for multiple purposes. To keep his pants from crashing to the ground, he wears a brown leather belt with a golden buckle. The belt features many pockets and compartments for various items, including a black and sliver scabbard for his sword.

But what of the man wearing this fashionable clothes. Leon is approximately 5"9 and weighs about 175 pounds. Leon is in excellent physical condition, blending strength and speed. He has toned features, being composed primarily of muscle due to his daily training of nearly 5 years. He has long limbs, creating an out of normal proportion body, but he used realized it gives him some advantages in the long run. He has fair skin, bordering on tan due to his active life outside the home and his attempt to fight his almost albino skin that runs in the family.

His face is another aspect that one must delve into to understand his character. His hair is a messy dirty blonde, almost as if a mop dropped itself on his head when he was younger. Despite its orientation, he manages to groom with some success keeping the hair of average on his head, reaching down his ears and eyes. Leon's eyes are his most remarkable trait according to many. They are dark blue with a distinctly youthful shine and luster. Leon's face is fairly long and youthful with rosy cheeks and a lack of facial impurities other than a shadow resulting from his facial hair.

Personality: Leon is the definition of an inflated ego. Having accomplished numerous goals and gathering a series of notable achievements, Leon sees himself as superior to those around him and does not fear having to push people around to get around, having be given the notion that others can be a problem and hinder progress. As a result, Leon has the tendency to feed his ego at numerous times in any way he can whether it be boasting his long list of achievements or competing in senseless tasks he believes he can win. He is an attention hog, instantly seizing control of any situation he walks in. Leon is frequently outgoing introducing himself to any individual he finds interesting at the time. As a result, he is a spur of the moment character as long as there is an opportunity to do something rather than nothing.

Due to his ego, Leon is extremely confident in himself and his abilities showing no fear with often leads to him walking into scenarios without really thinking. Leon is often reckless with his actions and finds himself improvising nearly everything he does. No whether this leads to success or failure is another matter and Leon rarely thinks that far ahead to actually bother to worry. As a result, Leon is incredibly irresponsible and is prone to forgetting important information since he is far more concerned feeding his ever-growing ego and any other desires that strike him. His greatest weakness however is failure. Leon never accepts a loss of any sort, causing him to break down an immature rage citing reasons that he couldn't and shouldn't loss. As a result, Leon will force himself to repress the memory after a long stint of depression.

Leon is extremely blunt, refusing to walk around the truth. This is has often lead to arguments that rarely end well. This trait is due to the lack of common sense that struck Leon and his utter naivety. In reality, Leon is a solid performer in the intellectual arts. This gives Leon solid analytical ability and intelligence at the cost of wisdom to actually apply it.

Pokemon: Kirlia

Personality: Kirlia is about as mellow as they come and as a result is a stark contrast to Leon's ever energetic nature. She is humble, kindhearted and benevolent and also attempts to persuade Leon to morally just things instead of being a blunt, egoistical moron. She frequently gives advice and has wisdom way beyond her years considering she is very young. However, Kirlia is a pushover and is easily frightened and rarely stands up for herself. Leon is bothered by this, but deals with it accordingly. Kirlia usually communicates with body language but more recently has attempted to communicate with the magic of telepathy. However, she does not fully speak human language, as she is still attempting to learn. Her best feature is her loyalty and desire to improve, a trait that Leon admires

History: She was tamed as a Ralts by Leon's father on a business trip and was officially given to him as a thank you gift for helping out in the family business at the age of 18. Leon attempted to train it with him as he had seen with others around the city, but its overall weak nature got in the way and at first Leon desired it to leave in favor of a stronger partner. However, Leon took a chance out of pity and apperication of his father's attempt to thank him for his invested time in a failing business. With much effort and far more patience than he actually has he managed to instill some confidence in the creature until it recently evolved just for a year ago. Since then, it has become a supportive and loyal partner that he brings with him everywhere.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    @Sunalli: It's a nice SU, but it's not good enough. What medicine could she take? This RP is set in the Dark Age/ Crusade era of 1000 or so, so that instantly would make your character impossible, since she would have died by then. I don't have much problem with the personality, and the history could be expanded a little bit. And I don't have a problem with the appearance, either, and I like the portrayal of the Gastly. If you fix a couple of things (Expand history, and the medicine thing (You can keep the breathing problem, but find a way to allow her to use it while keeping to the dark ages theme), and the minor toxic aura, I don't think a human can do that), you'll be accepted.

@Raikiri: Okay, this is the best SU I saw so far, however...

Nah, I'm just playing. I like this guy, he kind of reminds me of... me, with his lack of common sense and intellect. I love his 'holier-then-thou' personality too, it adds in something that I haven't seen in an RP for a while. Kirlia being Leon's polar opposite is pretty cool, too. However, I do have one problem. Merchants didn't really earn that much money in those times, at least not enough to become rich, but it's kind of a minor thing in my eyes. You are Accepted.

Note: My SU will come either later today, or tomorrow.

Last edited:

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    To Cameruption: Denied once again. 1) Grammer is off. Most are just simple mistakes that you should have noticed right off. 2) Personality is still too short. 3) silvanarrow just had a better SU then you.
    To silvanarrow: Which of course brings me to you! Very nice SU. Nice touch with a Fire Tribe raiding your tribe. Just because they all exist in the same realm dosen't mean they get along. You are accepted! My own Su will be up here soon enough.

Cameruption

Ready to explode
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2010
    Thanks anyway, i'm new here an this was my first rp. May i change my SU so that it is suitable for a different realm?

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    Why thank you for accepting me. By "rich", I kinda meant upper middle class to "successful" middle class. I am not familiar with the political structure of this region so I guessed on that element when constructing the character.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    @Sunalli: You did fix everything that stopped your character from advancing. Congratulations. You are Accepted.

Light Tribe SUs are closed, and my own SU will be coming tomorrow.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years

Wellll now that the Fire and Light Realms are closed, it looks like it's time for the Sky Realm love to be pourin' in :cool:
    ...Or not. Either way here's my character, Corey Spring:

Name: Corey Spring

Realm: Sky

Tribe: Plains

History:
    Descended from a great general, Corey Spring was destined to become a fighter. His father was a leader in the Council of the Jungle Tribe, and his mother a typical stay at home busybody. From his somewhat "royal lineage", Corey was pampered much as a child, and shunned by the poorer peoples of the Jungles. However, he did not wish to fit into the barbaric mold they had cast for him, and by the age of 14 he was beginning to show signs of alienation from his primitive peers. In the jungle tribe, a prince was to show no emotions, be it kindness, anger, or fear. They were taught only to kill- something Corey did not believe was right. He finally reached the tipping point at 16, when out of frustration he slaughtered a young prince, a crime punishable by death. Corey quickly fled the scene, and found refuge in a cave on the outskirts of the tribe, where he vowed never to return to his home again.
    By the time a few years had passed, Corey had become an indomitable beast of a man, ripped muscles head to toe. He killed for his food, and lived by the rules of the jungle. Along the way, his self-confidence grew, and soon adopted an aura of omnipotence, one of which he truly believed. However, he was not as invulnerable as he thought, and after being nearly demolished by a feral Ursaring, Corey reassessed himself. He found that he had adopted the primitive lifestyle he had hated not so long ago, and decided it was time for a fresh start. Knowing he could not go back to the Jungle Tribe, Corey decided to head out for the distance tribe of the Plains people, in search of acceptance and a higher educated society. On his journey north through the plains and passages of the Sky realm, he met an injured Bulbasaur, which he quickly nourished back to health. The two became very close, and together they reached the Plains tribe, where Corey began his quest for a greater understanding of the world that is Buhar.

Appearance:
    The years Corey had spent in his cave developed his strength, and not much of it has left since he joined the Plains tribe. That coupled with his towering height of 6'1", Corey commands fear and respect from many that meet him. He traded in his loincloth and face paint for robes of fine cloth that seem to reflect the beauty and power of the elements. And while Corey has long forgotten the obsessive paranoia of his former self, he still conceals a bone knife, never abandoning the awareness sewn into his blood. A matted mop of dark hair conceals his gray eyes, ever kind and powerful. Corey's tan skin is spotted with scars of his life of exile, each with a great story of his exploits as a warrior.

Personality:
    Though he has become a new man, Corey still harbors the caution necessary to survive in the world. He has made better of himself through discipline and training, but there are the occasional moments of weakness, in which he adopts his old personality again. While his height and bulk would say otherwise, Corey has a genuinely nice personality. No longer is he quick to anger, for he now would much rather read a book than throw down. But if he feels that danger is afoot, Corey is not afraid to tap into the mass power and strength he owns to protect one from harm. He is somewhat of a gentle giant, with a great interest in music, particularly the guitar, which he will most likely be carrying any time he travels.
    Corey will not be the one to initiate conversation, as he needs little companionship for his long hours researching history and current events. His passion for fighting has diminished in recent years, finding more joy in learning new things than crushing foes on the field. Corey fights for a cause now, one of which being the ongoing wars between realms. He is one of the best foot soldiers in the Sky tribe's army, a ruthless warrior who yields not to emotions and prejudice. Some argue that the battlefield is his home, yet he protests, insisting on the value of a "good plan. Many times have they changed the tides of battle." Corey is not to be easily duped, for he posses a sharp wit, and has been known to get people out of tight situations.

Pokémon: Bulbasaur

Personality:
    Bulbasaur provides the best counterbalance to Corey's lonely, down-to-earth personality. This fellow loves to play, and always is jumping around, looking for something to do. Corey sees himself in this Pokémon; in a way, Bulbasaur is like the younger Corey, the Corey before he formed his opinions on what is and is not right. For this, he somewhat envies the Bulbasaur, oblivious and happy-go-lucky. The Pokémon keeps Corey in check whenever he gets too bogged down with his naturally pessimistic mood. However, Bulbasaur has not evolved in the years Corey has owned him, and he thinks it may be due to its somewhat immature personality. Corey has been fearing that a great struggle will be coming, and is worried that the Bulbasaur may not be strong enough to cope with the battles ahead unless it evolves. Even though he fears the worst for his companion, Corey is very thankful for it, as Bulbasaur has helped Corey to see the light in life, and enjoy the little things.

History:
    Corey and Bulbasaur met on Corey's travels to the sky realm. He found the Pokémon torn up badly, which Corey diagnosed as a fierce attack from a gang of Spearow. In a shelter he found among the plains, Corey nourished Bulbasaur back to full health. The Bulbasaur quickly regained the vigor he had lost from the attack, and found Corey as a likeable person, even though Corey had tried to leave the Bulbasaur many times after they met. When the two did finally reach the Plains tribe, the natives quickly took a liking to the pair, if a mite suspicious of Corey at first. But this suspicion passed quickly, as the two proved themselves dedicated to the tribe, their contributions towards research, the military, and good will honored highly by the denizens of the plains.

SUPER SECRET INFORMATION!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
    Thank you very much for accepting me! I do have a couple of questions just to clarify some details:

1) Considering this RP is set within the context of the Dark Ages, do the Realms have the technology of Pokeballs or do their Pokemon just follow beside them?
    2) Can our characters carry weapons? I wasn't sure and so didn't give Anton one, but I thought I would ask since the Realms have just come out of a war.

PlatniumPiano

Years
    Thank you very much for accepting me! I do have a couple of questions just to clarify some details:

1) Considering this RP is set within the context of the Dark Ages, do the Realms have the technology of Pokeballs or do their Pokemon just follow beside them?
    2) Can our characters carry weapons? I wasn't sure and so didn't give Anton one, but I thought I would ask since the Realms have just come out of a war.

1)The Pokemon will follow them, as there is no real "technology" in the RP like the games and series.
    2)I would presume so (as you said, they did come from a war), I don't see any real reason for someone not to carry one in this time. Everybody's on guard, so it just makes more sense to always be armed and ready in case of personal attack or something..

cerulean15

♫Mysterious Melody♪
    Years
    I'd like to reserved under the water realm for now as I'm working on a sign up at this very moment ^^

{EDIT: Here's SU}

~~~All You Need is Love...So My Question is Where is It?~~~

Name: Brooke Devereux

Realm: Water Realm

Tribe: Ocean Tribe

History: Brooke was born to Kyle Devereux and Brenna Devereux. Her parent's family have a tradition of always naming each other after having to do with water, including their Pokemon. She is part Marsh Tribe as her father comes from there. Because of this, her family is sometimes looked down upon since her father chose to leave his tribe behind to be with his one true love. Many of the Ocean Tribe doesn't trust her because of her heritage, but her father easily helps her cope with this as he is an outsider as well. She shares a very close connection with her father, learning much about the other Tribes from him. Her mother has taught her many thing about Pokemon.

When the war broke out, Brooke wanted to help so much, but her father demanded that she didn't do anything reckless so she stayed put, helping out in town with her mother. Her father went to war, only to be turned away when he was greatly needed. The time came and he was badly wounded, causing him to return home. His daughter continued to think of him as a hero and was glad to see him finally recover.
    Brooke isn't prejudice against the other types of Pokemon. If she could, she would easily choose some Pokemon of a completely different Tribe, but she listened to her parents to find a water Pokemon to not bring them more shame. She loves her Buizel dearly, including her parents Pokemon as well. She dreams of seeing the other Tribes to learn more about them that her father couldn't possibly tell her.

Appearance: Brooke has a light tan complection, with fair clear skin. She inherited her mother's raven black hair, keeping it cut to her shoulders to hang straight, and her father's ocean blue eyes. She stands at 5'4" in her shortsleeved sky-blue kirtle that is made out of the finiest wool. It laces behind her along her back in many ties. Underneath her kirtle she wears a white shirt, changing it to a long sleeved one when it's cold. Her shoes are white with the toes pointed being embroided with silver beading.

Personality: Brooke is very curious, smart, and kind girl but the only problem she has is that she can be quiet short tempered. Of course, she will never hold a grudge against a person. She hates when anyone brings up her heritage like calling her halfie. She can't understand why people can't see past this and just to get to know her instead. By this, she is a very loyal and trusthworthy friend.
    When meeting someone new, she can be shy upon the first interaction. After a few minutes of talking, she will open up to the person showing who she really is.Brooke has a huge love for Pokemon, happy to run into any from any type range. She loves to walk through the forest to collect berries and playing a leaf whistle that has a very calming effect on Pokemon. She thinks the war shouldn't have happen and the tribes/realms should be able to live in peace, just like her parents.

Pokémon: Caspian the Buizel (Male)

Personality: Caspian can be a very laid back Pokemon, taking well to the Ocean Tribe views. He is more fund of battling and will take the chance to battle any Pokemon he meets that dares to bring harm to his partner. He has a tendancy to use his move Dig and pop up to land in someone's arms just to scare them, but Brooke has learned to just know when its about to happen. He looks up to Brooke's parents' Pokemon, Marshall (Swampert) and Meena (Lanturn), who do well at surving their partners. At times he will train with Marshall to become more powerful. He loves Brooke dearly.

History: Brooke ran into Caspian one day while she was collecting flowers for her mother. She crossed paths with some tyrants from the Fire Tribe; they demanded everything she had on her. She refused to do so watched in horror as they called Quilava out on her. Caspian just so happen to be walking by during the seen and quickly turned to attack the Pokemon. Brooke was greatful to have someone suddenly show up for her, but was mortified to see as the Fire Tribe set the field on fire and left her alone. Caspian began to fight to put the flames out by himself, but was soon joined by Marshall when Kyle appeared looking for his daughter. Caspian gained quick respect for Marshall and Brooke decided to take Caspian as her own Pokemon seeing that he did what both of her parent's Pokemon had done. Marshall had saved her father from Fire Tribe and Meena had saved Brenna's life. He knows the following moves: Aqua Jet, Ice Beam, Dig, and Brick Break.

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Okay, first thing that has to be mentioned is that the roleplay is set in the Dark Ages, this means no tanktops, shorts or tennis shoes. Instead it's dresses and kirtles and what not.

If you fix that, spruce up the appearance so that it's a proper paragraph of at least 4 lines, and get a bit more to personality than I will gladly accept you.

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    Name: Jason Leander
    Realm: Fire
    Tribe: Mountain
    History: Jason was born into the mountain tribe on a cold winter night. From a young age, Jason had a passion for exploring the surrounding area of his village. He would wander off into the surround forest, not coming back for days at a time. He would return with stories of monsters and grisley hunts. While his father was off fighting in the war, his mother earned their keep by being a seamstress by day and by night she was......well you do what you gotta do to put food on the table. Realizing this wasn't a healthy lifestyle for them, Jason became a miner, the village's trade. He would go deep into the mountains that surround them and mine for the oar that gave them swords and shields. The day before his man-hood ceramony, Jason got trapped in a cave in. He wandered through unexplored parts of the cave for days before he came across a lone Larvitar. Small and weak, Jason shared his remaining supply's with it. In gratitude the Larvitar dug Jason out of the cave and led him back to town. Larvitar was recieved as a hero for its deed and decided to stay with Jason.

From then on Jason decided to make himself tougher knowing he would eventually have to face the world by himself one day. He trained to go for days without food or water, honing his body in agility and speed. He practiced his sword-play long into the night and just before he would go to bed he would pray to Groudon, Leader of the Fire Realm, for his father to return home safetly. His prayer's went unanswered. His mother soon followed him, withered away by grief. Jason then moved to the outskirts of the village where he continued to train, for what he did not know, and began to teach himself how to live off the land. He and his Larvitar partner soon became known through the village as the protecter's of the village. They would immedietly hault any possible threats and quickly either scared them away or disposed of them.

Appearance: Jason is tall for a member of the mountain tribe, topping at 5ft 6in. With slightly tanned skin from being outside so much, it stretches across his body showing off his lean muscles he has accumulated through out the years. He is constantly pushing his curley black hair out of his chocolate brown eyes which sparkle with adventure and joy as well as sadness. A small soul patch is growing on his scarred chin as we speak. He wears a simple brick red cotton shirt with a sandy tan pair of breeches. Leather brown boots top his feet while a broad sword with gold handle hangs off the left side of his belt.

Personality: Jason is man with a thrist for adventure and is always ready to laugh. A fan of practical jokes and good adventure stories, if one wants to find him simply look for a large crowd that is laughing. Odds are you'll find him in the center of it. He can be too trusting however and while he anger's easily he quickly forgives. Jason is an oddball as he can be musing the philasophical nature of the universe at one minute and then the next be laughing because someone farted. However he is known to enter a deppressive state when he begins to think of his parents or of all those lost in the cave so long ago. While he'll quickly snap out of it, he is merely pretending so as not to bring the mood of others down.

Since he is a member of the mountain tribe he can be proud and even arrogent at times and since he lives in the Fire Realm he is always on the look out to make a quick buck or a piece of valuble jewlery. He does have a thing for the ladies, make large gallient (even when it gets obnoxious) gestures trying to impress them. More often then not this involved Jason going off to kill some giant beast and then coming home wounded in body and pride.

Pokémon: Larvitar
    Personality: Larvitar is a shy little fellow, prefering to stay with Jason at all times and panics if he gets too far away. Full of self-doubt, Larvitar thinks that the reason Jason keeps getting hurt is his fault. Jason of course laughs this off, which inspire's Larvitar to better himself and prove he has what it takes to be mean and green (sorry bad pun)

History: Larvitar was the runt of the litter so to speak. He was banished from his pack for being so weak which is when he ran into Jason. Thinking if he brought the human back to his family for dinner he would be welcomed back with open arms. However Jason showed Larvitar kindness and he was welcomed to the mountain tribe's home so he decided to stay instead. He trained along side Jason, sitting under waterfalls, practicing digging at top speed among otherthings. Whenever Jason was facing down beasts or bad guys Larvitar was always there beside him, ready to beat down anyone that hurt Jason.

(OOC: There ya go. My character. All you need is love!)

PlatniumPiano

Years
    @Zimvee: *Sigh*... I'm sorry but denied. Your character's history looks like it changes font sizes between paragraphs, and we can't have that.

Lol JK nice sign up, Jason sounds like me from a year ago...

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Okay, then I will officially accept you, welcome aboard.

My own SU should be up today ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back