• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A wild Windows Phone user appeared!

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Ah ok I checked it out. Glance screen seems like a rip off Motorola's active notifications, just minus the ability to read.

Actually, Sleeping Screen has been around for longer than other. Symbian, anyone?

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Curiously, I checked my phone for updates. Nothing yet, though I assume the rollout will be gradual..

The rollout is gradual. It will come to your 520 in a few weeks at most. Feel free to check out the Nokia collection for apps that you might have missed in the meantime.

Years
  • I love Windows Phone! I have the Nokia Lumia 625 and it is simple amazing! HUGE screen, decent memory and battery and I just love the OS! There is a huge update coming out this year for called Windows Phone 8.1 which will include all sorts of features even a Microsoft version of Apples Siri called "Cortana" .... I fell in love right away as Cortana is from Halo.... And I love Halo! I really hope it talks in her voice T.T

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    It's kind of a shame that 8.1 is probably still quite a long time before it actually gets announced. In the meantime, it feels a bit funny to imagine what might be in that particular release.

I think I really like how the Windows Phone keyboard adapts to the user with regard to suggestions and autocorrect. Eventually, it will figure out the context of a given word, even those that were made up on the spot. It's like it knows.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I just realized that the Nokia Lumia 52x series just hit a new pricing low in the sense of "now you can get a smartphone for $29 after rebate, no contract needed!" (Nokia Lumia 521 on MetroPCS, anyone?)

This is getting absurd. :O

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • I've been looking into getting a Windows phone because my android is hideously laggy and I've heard pretty good things from those who have a WP device. I don't count on being able to do it until some excess cash comes my way so yeah...stuck with this supposedly mid-range android for now.

Years
  • Even at the lowest-end (512 MB RAM) for my phone, the Lumia 520 runs Windows Phone 8 really well. It's smooth and I have yet to see any lag from it. It also can charge quickly as well, considering that in a 35-minute drive across town yesterday, it went from 59% battery to 95% while I used a car charger.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Even at the lowest-end (512 MB RAM) for my phone, the Lumia 520 runs Windows Phone 8 really well. It's smooth and I have yet to see any lag from it. It also can charge quickly as well, considering that in a 35-minute drive across town yesterday, it went from 59% battery to 95% while I used a car charger.

One can only imagine how much better Windows Phone 8 runs when you give it a quad-core Snapdragon 800 and 2 GB of RAM (see Nokia Lumia 1520 and the rumoured Icon).

Even the full-fat Windows RT 8.x should run pretty smoothly even on a NVIDIA Tegra 3 - quite possibly the slowest chip that can run Windows 8 aside from low-end pre-Bay-Trail Intel Atoms. Even the mid-life Pentium 4s (minimum supported) should be faster!

The 52x series phones have a 3.7V 1430 mAh battery. That amounts to about 5.3 Wh. The Nokia Lumia 52x phones should come with a 5 V/750 mA charger. (The higher-end phones use a 1A charger.) Most smartphone car chargers are 1A, and modern Nokia Lumia smartphones should be designed to take up to 1.5A of charging current. At 5V/1A, that amounts to 5W of power coming through. Do the math. :)

Back