• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AAML is dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Pogiforce-14 , I was trying to say DUMB twice cuz she is so dumb as Ash. Misty PROBABLY liked him, but he never showed any interest. i know its a show for kids, but sailormoon, that they passed here in portugal, it was love,monster,monsterdefeat,love. This was a resume of sailormoon show. The main girl had a boyfriend, and the others were always stuck!

NOTE: like Im portuguese, i cant say what I mean here exactly. wath i was trying to say its that Sailormoon, a show for kids here in portugal, have lots of shippings inside it.

And youre right, May's inexprienced(dont know if I say it right) in battles.

And she's sooo cute! :D

Years
    Useless?

Like I said before, this thread won't close down (4 people already asked before...)

Don't close this thread down. It needs to survive so people can argue with this topic and then I'll have a chance to say otherwise!

Years
    It Is And Every1 Knows It.... Soon Its Ash And May, And Then Ash And Off. Jenny, And Then Ash And Nurse Joy, And Then The Next Girl Main Char. Go Ash And Misty Isnt A Min Char. Anymorte Soo Ppl Move On...

peekachoo

~*wah piang eh*~
    Years
    NO WAY iz AAML dead!!!!i think misty and ash are alwayzzz gonna be together.
    maybe after this hoenn thingie....they might put misty back on the show!!!
    just like the orange islands when they took brock out and replaced him with tracy..then put brock back again!
    it might be the same 4 misty!
    i mean. almost everyone knows that ash and misty are supossed to be together!

Years
    I seriously doubt that Japan would do such a dumb thing like not putting back Misty in the group. Misty fans, however may have to wait. The producers know that leaving out Misty would be a fatal flaw, but they also could leave her out for a while... (personally, I'd have to hurt somebody if they'd do that)

And for a long time now, kirby00, I've always tried to understand what you type, but this time, I can't understand a word you're saying! If it isn't much to ask, please type like everyone else!

And this love thing...
    Somehow, I really doubt that Ash would get with ANYBODY during the duration of his quest to become a Pok?mon Master/Champion. It just doesn't seem to fit in anywhere except for the end. Unless of course, Pok?mon switches views on another character...

Even then, I still will support AAML as long as I'm alive!

Years
    if you dont udnerstand it thats too bad, seems like peekachoo did, so its not like its impossible to understand, anyways it is dead, and if it isnt why not wait and see rather than judge now, or ask sum1 from japan and see if in japan they r done w/ hoenn yet, but i read its not done...

Makoto

Years
    i think A&M will get back together.... anyone notice that the hoenn season is going faster then any others before it(orange islands excluded)? that's because misty's voice actor needed a break..... i mean, 5 seasons is a lot....(kanto season, orange islands, johto journeys, johto league champions, master quest) there were A LOT of specials too that were cut out from the american version.... ASH & MISTY WILL REUNITE, AND STAY FOR ANOTHER 5 SEASONS!

pokeknight

Hyper Member
    Years
    I just can't think of anything else ...

I think AAML should continue.Even if writers don't get Misty back,I would support AAML and will try to bring it back till I'm alive but i just can't understand what does __________[Kirby00,I am going to use this _______ for you so that you just can't say i am flaming you again.]

Years
    Finally, I can understand you, kirby00!

Are you sure a lot of specials were cut off from America, FR/LG master? The only ones I can think of are Pok?mon Housou and a few specials that really didn't deal with Ash and Misty in any big way. And only about 2 episodes of Pok?mon Housou talk about Misty, but I didn't hear anybody mention that Kasumi mentioned anything about Satoshi. (Japanese names. From what I know, Ash and Misty are quite different from Satoshi and Kasumi, and not just their voices.)

Until any episode actually proves otherwise, AAML will be alive in the hearts of hundreds, probably tens of thousands.

Mandy-Chan

*~Candy Mandy~*
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 24, 2007
    Mystical Mewtwo said:
    well, u guys, i must say that AAML is not dead. While some of you belive they got rid of her for other reasons, i think it is because the voice actress wanted a break. Many voice actors do the same. At first i thought she was gone forever, but she showed up once. This, however, is my opinion, not fact: i do not know if the voice actress really wanted a break. However, with mysty out of the trio it gives her much less lines :)
    -Misty and Jessie have the same voice artist.(I think I heard that from on a website)

-Oh yeah and as for the first post *glares* thanks for trying to ruin my hopes and dreams buddy.I hope Misty does come in one of the later seasons for the show just isn't the same without her :(.(Come back Misty we miss you!Well Ash and your fans miss you)
    P.S.AAML 4eva

Years
    For all of you who think that the voice actor needs a break (by the way, it's Rachael Lillis)...

She doesn't.

The only reason why Misty's out of the picture (at least, for now) is because of the producers in Japan. They decide what happens in the show, if you guys have forgotten. Misty's out because she has to take care of the Cerulean Gym, not because of an overworked voice actor.

That doesn't mean that the voice actor doesn't want to play the part. Hopefully, Rachel wants to play the part again!

Years
    dqle said:
    The only reason why Misty's out of the picture (at least, for now) is because of the producers in Japan. They decide what happens in the show, if you guys have forgotten. Misty's out because she has to take care of the Cerulean Gym, not because of an overworked voice actor.

i think hread misty (american) voice on an other show. it came out of a blue hair girl on the show call shaman kings. ok i was bored on saturday mourning and there was nothing good on so i went to the evil fox box. just watch the show and you may find her voice.

i have no idea why she there. may be she wants more money and they offer her the job. this show is also brought by the same company (4kids entertainment)

you guys are all big aaml fans and i in for A and M forever thing. and one more thing.....May SUCKS

カスミ

Wo ai ni...
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 8, 2005
    Personally, I think things are going as so...

:: Satoshi x Kasumi in JAPAN ::
    For starters, Kasumi x Satoshi is not as big in Japan. The coupling does have fans, websites, fanart, etc. but it's still not that big. About 80% of the AAML hints in the English version were dub added. Especially in the episode "Gotta Catch you later."

When Kasumi is having flashbacks, they originally featured Kasumi. NOT Kasumi x Satoshi. Why did 4Kids change these flashbacks? Because they bow to AAML fans. Don't believe me? Then don't get me started. There are countless hints that 4Kids added for no reason!

Another thing to add is Haruka and Masato's popularity. The two have become incredibly popular in Japan! Kasumi on the other hand? Well she just...isn't. I know people will flame me and say "Misty is so popular! Blah blah blah! May Suks!!!11." But I don't care. If you wish to ignore the truth, then so be it. But I'm just stating a fact. If Kasumi was really loved, I highly doubt they would have left her during Houen....~.~;

Now everyone, here's some food for thought! When AAML hints are dropped in the original Japanese version, they come from Kasumi. Why? Because Kasumi loves Satoshi. We all already knew that. Satoshi however, shows no TRUE interest in her. He shows no interest in ANY girl. Not Haruka, not Latias, not anyone. With that said, is it ok if we look over this scene?

Misty: Now I really know how you feel about me Ash Ketchum.

Well...what happened? He was sad, but he didn't beg her to stay. I think Kasumi came to her senses and realized "I love you very much Ash, but you only think of me as a close friend." Or...maybe it was just me. But it really sounded that way people. I mean, Satoshi never brought her up after he got to Houen! If he loved her, I'm sure we would have got some scenes from him. But guess what? We didn't. Instead, we saw from Kasumi's point of view because she's the only one who's doing the loving.

Sorry to say this, but face it people. AAML is really a one sided relationship. Kasumi loves Satoshi, but he won't return her love. He won't return anyone's love. Whenever he was worried about Kasumi, that wasn't a hint. If it was, then it is when he's worried about Haruka in the bulbasaur episode. I mean...really people. ~.~; You take hints and say "That's a hint!! =D" But when someone else uses the same thing for their ship, you say "Shut up you frickin loser!! Misty belongs with Ash!!"

So in conclusion, I feel AAML is pretty dead in Japan. People like it, but I think most of it's fandom has disappeared/died down. In it's place, comes Haruka.

:: Ash x Misty in the DUB ::
    It's one thing to say "AAML has died in Japan." But it's another thing to make that comment when it comes to the dub.

Lets face it people. AAML is far from dead in the English version. The dub is constantly adding hints that weren't there, making up songs, causing annoying rumors, etc. Also, lets not forget the bratty Pokeshippers that have made me (and many others) hate Pokeshipping.

I'm not saying all Pokeshippers are annoying, but in every batch, you always get the aggressive, bratty, stuck up, sore loser, who won't admit they're wrong. Instead, they just keep preaching how Ash and Misty belong together and make up false rumors. In a way, it makes me feel sick.

Japanese fans really don't do that people. They don't get on a BBS and start making up incredibly lame rumors that only 11 yr. old N00bs would believe. They also don't snap your head off if you don't support AAML. Sure, a few do, but it's more often seen on English speaking boards. Especially with younger Pokemon fans or ones that don't have access to the Japanese news. It's them who make up these stupid rumors about -- "Ash and Misty will kiss! Blah blah blah." Doesn't everyone else remember the Serebii rumor? Supposely in the 4th movie, Serebii takes the kids to the future and we see Ash and Misty married. Now...did that happen? Ha! Ya right. Not even close! So stop believing this kissing/married at the end of pokemon one. It was just made up by some stupid kid.

*sighs* Ok, sorry for flamming, but I had to get it out. Honestly, AAML isn't close dead in the English version, but in the Japanese version is pretty much is. It's just some of these English Pokeshippers that annoy the heck outta me. You know who I'm talking about....

Also for the record, I. Do. Not. Hate. Kasumi (Misty). Infact, my name IS Kasumi. ~.~; So don't start pointing fingers.

Years
    As a matter of fact, I totally agree with you... uh, however you say your name is.

Honestly, I really don't know what happens in Japan with Satoshi and Kasumi just because I really can't download any of those episodes. (I have dial-up!)

Remember, it's America and 4Kids Entertainment that decided to emphisize on AAML in the translated one. Ever since, Japan has been keeping tabs on what they do according to a previous post. From what I've heard, Japan finally realizes that love between a boy and a girl could be a big hit, so now they are trying to hook up May with somebody. (I think it's Drew, but I'm not sure) Please don't kill me if I'm wrong!

Hey, Satoshi isn't the only one who doesn't seem to show any interest in girls. Ash seems the same way with me.(except the ghost on Maiden Peak) Even the sixth movie doesn't seem to be a very strong hint.

And whoever started the rumor that Ash and Misty would get married in the end, you really should stay away from the person with the last post as well as me. I don't believe it and I don't WANT to believe it. The only way I can is if the series ends, and that's hopefully a long ways from now.

BTB, what's Satoshi and Kasumi mean? I've been wondering for some time now.

カスミ

Wo ai ni...
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 8, 2005
    Kasumi is Misty's Japanese name and Satoshi is Ash's Japanese name. Here's a little key of main characters. That way you know for future refrence.

Satoshi - Ash
    Kasumi - Misty
    Takeshi - Brock
    Haruka - May
    Masato - Max
    Kenji - Tracey
    Shuu - Drew
    Shigeru - Gary
    Nanako - Casey
    Imite - Duplica
    Hiroshi - Ritchie
    Musashi - Jesse
    Koujiro - James
    Ookido-Hakase - Professor Oak
    Hanako - Deila Ketchum

I could add more to that list, but this really isn't the place. ^^; Besides, I doubt any other characters will come up besides the ones I listed. If so, it'll most likely be in another topic.

As for Haruka and Shuu? I don't really think Japan is focusing on it. Haruka really dislikes Shuu. o_o; If you watch the Japanese version, her emotions are much bigger than the dub. But then again, KAORI (May's Japanese voice actor/seiyuu) can act better than Veronica Taylor. ^^;

Years
    Hey,thanks for the list! Although, I was really wondering what their names mean, if anything, in Japanese.

Like I said before, to me, it sounds like Japan's trying to do what they didn't do with Ash and Misty, and from the sounds of it, it looks like a relationship to me!

Oh, and thanks for not yelling at me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Ok, Back to the topic, AAML, is dead, aparently, but the thing is, knowone apart from the officials can well officialy Know! Knowone Knows i Misty is coming back, the story line wasn't her going for ever now was it, there still making episodes, so known of us know is shes coming Back, Misty was never officialy leaving forever, they would've made it more obvious if she was leaving!

カスミ

Wo ai ni...
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 8, 2005
    dqle said:
    Hey,thanks for the list! Although, I was really wondering what their names mean, if anything, in Japanese.

Like I said before, to me, it sounds like Japan's trying to do what they didn't do with Ash and Misty, and from the sounds of it, it looks like a relationship to me!

Oh, and thanks for not yelling at me.

Your welcome. ^^ I usually don't yell at people anyways. If I do, it's because they said something incredibly stupid. But as for the name meanings? I'll write them up and PM them to you. ^^;

they would've made it more obvious if she was leaving!
    Honestly, I think they did make it obvious. When Takeshi left, it was suppose to be forever. 4kids thought he was offensive and asked for him to be removed. But did we get flash backs for him? Nope. Not even one!

When Kasumi left the group however, we got loads of flashbacks. But let me say this again--the Japanese flash back was just about her. Her catching pokemon, her slapping Satoshi when she met him, her, her, her. Not Kasumi and Satoshi in every frickin scene.

Yes, I know I'm shoving this down people's throats, but some of the hardcore AAML fans won't listen unless you say it more than once.

The fact is, Kasumi got all these flashbacks, and Takeshi got none. Besides, she even got her bike back and realized Satoshi doesn't feel the same way. If she was meant to stay, I doubt they would have went to all the work of making a flash back, giving her bike back, and having her discover how Satoshi feels. It just doesn't fit. For her to come back, they would have to make up another excuse.

Why?

Well easy. Kasumi won't tell Satoshi how she feels in a million years. Even when she came back for the two episodes, she showed no signs of crying her eyes out for him. In fact, she seemed just the opposite! When she left, she seemed to be a new Kasumi. A Kasumi that knows she must move on. You could even tell it in her voice and expressions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back