• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AAML is dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitty17794

disney devoted. disney owned.
    Years
    OMG. The ep that Misty leaves ("Gotta catch ya leave" or something) was FULL of Pokeshipping hints. FULL. How can anyone not believe they are a couple?

Misty: "How could he talk to me like that? Doesnt all we're been through together matter to him? He wasnt even sad we had to split up.."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ash: Misty?
    Misty: Hm?
    Ash: Er...your bike is there..
    Misty: Oh...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Misty: Thank you Ash..I finally know how you feel about me

Plus they all cried their EYES out. They have to like eachother.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 2, 2007
    I've always been a firm believer in AAML and the Gotta Catch You Later episode was so bittersweet. ;_; For those of you who have the English 2BA Master soundtrack like I do, has anyone considered the irony of Together Forever? The song says that no matter what they'll be together, all three of them, and then the producers drop the unexpected bomb at us in the fifth season. I felt like crying myself when they all had to split up... But it could also mean that they'll be in each other's hearts, like Ash hinted at in the English dub of Jirachi Wishmaker, that was so cute! ^_^

I never thought I would miss Misty as much as I do now as we enter the seventh season in August here in America. May's grown up a lot since the beginning of Pokemon Advanced, in fact, I wouldn't mind having her as a friend, just goes to show how your impressions of people can change. Even though May is growing as a character, she and Ash don't share the same unspoken understanding he shared with Misty, and I believe that things would've turned out for the best if Misty had been able to stay.

And so, those are my reasons for believing in the power of AAML, and no matter how persuasive you might be, it won't change my views on the matter. ^_^

~Roxy~

Years
    Uh, I gotta comment on the music on 2.B.A. Master. FYI, 'Together Forever' and a few other tracks on that CD were aimed at Ash and Pikachu, not intentionally at Ash and Misty.(notice Pok?mon Kareoke: 'Together Forever' was for Ash and Pikachu)

Anywho, there's something I remember. I forgot which episode it was, but during the time when Ash, Misty, and Tracey were in the Orange Islands, the music of 'Together Forever' was playing when Ash had said something to Misty...

Freaky that I remember that, huh?

Remember, the people at 4 Kids Entertainment probably didn't know that Misty would leave the group back then. That's up to the actual producers of the show in Japan. The CD was released sometime in 1999, I believe, but the Japanese 'Gotta Catch ya Later' didn't air until 2002 (or 2003, I forgot) Don't blame the people that made the CD. Just the producers in Japan.

I have a theory about Misty's absense. The only reason that Misty didn't break down at that intersection was that she knew that it would be for the best. Even though she loves Ash, she knows that Ash also pursues his own dream, and since Misty knows this, staying with him would only hinder his climb towards Pok?mon Master/Champion status.

Since it was Pok?mon of America's idea of emphasising AAML, they'd better pull it off nicely or I'd have to summon my army of Pok?mon.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    There are two songs that emphasize AAML. ONe of them is called "He drives me Crazy" which can be found on the third movie soundtrack and on "Totally Pokemon" , the Johto Tv soundtrack. Then there is the one that is a dead give away called "Misty's song" which can be found on teh 2BA Master Soundtrack. As if that wasn't enough, the song "If only Tears could Bring You back" In the first movie soundtrack seems to hint at AAMl as well.

Years
    Eh, I don't know about 'Pok?mon: The First Movie Soundtrack'. They never did play many of them during the movie. Personally, I haven't heard the soundtrack, so I can't tell if that song could be used for AAML purposes.

Oh, and I have '2.B.A. Master' and 'Totally Pok?mon'. (can't listen to '2.B.A. Master anymore, at least for a while. I get an emotional breakdown knowing that Misty's not there! For some reason, I can relate all songs except for the Pok?rap.)

Kitty17794

disney devoted. disney owned.
    Years
    There are so many things pointing to this relationship, I dont understand how some people could say they dont like eachother!

The song hints, the episode hints, especially the ep "Gotta catch you later"...I mean come on stop being naive! XD

I am thinking that after Advanced, May will part from the gang to continue her Pkmn Cordinator dream. Max might stay, might not. Dont think he will. And Misty will return. I hope. I mean, May doesnt have to stay. Veronica plays her, and she aint going no where...but May could. Misty has to come back. They didnt fire her voice actor, or her va didnt leave, cuz Jessie is still there. So Misty is sure to come back.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2004
    Hello!!! have any of you who doubt AAML watched the Orange Islands episodes??? Do you remember when Misty refused to leave ash and Tracy for the gym leader (i forgot his name) if that didn't hint AAML i dont kno what did! and if you remember ALL the episodes in the first season...there was something special between ash and misty (tear:P) and i am sure misty will come back. After all who will keep ash and brock in line if she doesn't

pokeknight

Hyper Member
    Years
    Well! that episode wasn't the only hint!

I have already said at many places that AAML is one of the best story for pokemon!
    Now, the topic of that episode is : "Misty meets her match!"
    But the more powerful hints are at the movie: -"The power of one!"or "pokemon movie 2000" and on episodes like "gotta' catch ya' later" "pokemon,battle tower" and many others where ash and misty blush about their love!

Years
    Don't make me list all of the signs of AAML throughout the series! (Trust me, it's looooong!)

There's a problem about the relationship though. As much as I look at it, Ash really doesn't seem to show any liking towards Misty until 'Gotta Catch Ya Later!'. Either he doesn't realize it then or he's really, REALLY good at hiding that emotion!

Since it was America that emphisized AAML, they'd better not screw it up! And neither should Japan for international sakes. (Now that I mentioned it, I wonder what's the Japanese version of 'Gotta Catch ya Later' was like. I'm curious why Kasumi ran out of the Pok?mon Center like that. Is it the same way with Kasumi and Satoshi as it is with Ash and Misty?)

(By the by, the Gym Leader on "Misty Meets Her Match" was named Rudy. (I have it recorded!))

pokeknight

Hyper Member
    Years
    well! THAt's true.

dqle said:
    Don't make me list all of the signs of AAML throughout the series! (Trust me, it's looooong!)

There's a problem about the relationship though. As much as I look at it, Ash really doesn't seem to show any liking towards Misty until 'Gotta Catch Ya Later!'. Either he doesn't realize it then or he's really, REALLY good at hiding that emotion!

Since it was America that emphisized AAML, they'd better not screw it up! And neither should Japan for international sakes. (Now that I mentioned it, I wonder what's the Japanese version of 'Gotta Catch ya Later' was like. I'm curious why Kasumi ran out of the Pok?mon Center like that. Is it the same way with Kasumi and Satoshi as it is with Ash and Misty?)

(By the by, the Gym Leader on "Misty Meets Her Match" was named Rudy. (I have it recorded!))
    It's true that AAML has very long list of evidences, anyway, Ash has shown that he likes Misty in many eps like.....(sorry, but u told me not to make lists).
    And anyway, in Japanese version of Gotta' Catch ya' Later, Misty says that she's always wanted to be with ash and Ash admits that he wanted to have Misty with him forever.(I'd better say Satoshi and Kasumi but I like english names more.)

~*Silent Tattsu*~

Has gone~
    Years
    Splat said:
    :15:

Yes, that IS what happens. I bet you a million dollars it does.

*looks at all these posts* *sighs* *shakes head*

Splat, i'm just going to ask you one question. Is it just me who thinks a big percentage of your posts here (and the only reason you practicly do come to PC), is to go against our opinions in a pathetic fight that you're not going to win? Lets face it. Why don't just get your over inflated ego back over to Serebii hmm? We don't really appreciate you here --;

Thanks Skye for agreeing on my points n.n
    Guys, i think we've said enough. I don't want any of the Pokeshippers here to make us look bad, because we're not immature, we belive in what we want to, it's called devotion and loyalty to your beliefs. I wish this thread would be closed already really T__T

I'm not really up to making a big long speech on why Pokeshippings as strong as ever, there is a strong chance that it's going to happen, and explain all the hints that have taken place towards Pokeshipping. One thing though. There have been alot of added dub hints for Pokeshipping, so it's obvious that 4Kids are rather fond of it, i mean c'mon, why would they put in hints themselves for nothing? A recent dub hint being the one in Jirachi Wish Maker, when Ash tells Max how much he misses Misty but she'll always be in his heart. In a interview Veronica Tailor (the voice of Ash) said that 4kids and the original Japanese people do keep in contact alot about what to put in as the dub lines, what's wrong and what's right, whether they're alowed to do this ect. ect. So if they keep in close contact with the originals, the Japanese must know about the added Pokeshipping hints. They're obviously fine with it. IMO, i am pretty confident that 4kids knows something we don't, otherwise they wouldn't be adding these hints still. Pokeshipping is going to go somewere, the dubbers obviously know that.

dqle, i don't agree with you on the fact that Ash never showed any liking towards Misty before Gcyl. He has had his own set of hints. Gcyl could not be more CANON in the fact that Ash does care deeply for Misty. He was crying when Brock and Misty finaly departed from him. Ash tends to always hide his face under his cap when he is crying. The farewell was so much more Ash - Misty orientated, so many hints, they even looked into each others eyes for a few seconds.

Quotes:

Misty: And Ash..
    Ash: Yes?
    Misty: Just... be careful...

(Is it just me or did it look like Misty was about to tell Ash something else? Then she changed her mind the last minute.... <3)

* That moment after the battle when Ash and Misty talked. I believe this was the dialogue between them:

Ash: Misty...
    Misty: Yes?
    Ash: You're bike's over there... you're in a hurry, right?

Ash's voice sounded so sad. He doesn't like his girl having to leave ;_;

If you don't think that Gcyl symbolised the bond between Ash and Misty, that's your opinion, but i think your pretty much in denial.

Years
    if you dont wanna know my opinion dont read this.

Here in portugal, Advance Generation have began only at one week ago, but by the previews I see in the NET, I would like to express my opinion.

I dont like neither Misty or May. The reasons:

Misty
    1- Tomboy
    2- Ugly
    3- Fiery

May

1- Dumb
    2- She doesnt battle!
    3- Dumb

But between this two, I would choose May(to me) cuz shes pretty.LOL

also, i seriously start to think if ash is gay?

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Many things wrong with that.

1. May is not dumb, she's unexperienced. There is a difference.
    2. May does too battle, you just haven't seen enough of her yet to know that.
    3. This isn't about which one you prefer, there is a seperate topic for that. this is about whether you think there is still signs of romance between Ash and Misty or not.
    4. Ash is not gay, that's rediculous. The show is supposed to appeal to a younger crowd, so naturally Ash has the prioritys of a younger person, which I believe does not include girls. PLus, having a Gay character would also conflict with it being a kids show since it would get into sexual issues.
    and 5. you listed dumb for May twice. :\

I can't see what you have against fiery tomboys and ugly is a matter of your opinion so I can't say anything to that. I understand it was just your opinion but your opinion reflects how little you you really know on teh subject.you should probably give more thought to teh topic and to actual evidence before you post next time. Look more thoroughly at what the net tells you and don't consider any opinionated summaries they may give you. Just some advice.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Pogiforce-14, I think you ment inexperienced. And what happend to the topic? It's almost become a Misty vs May thread. Did any1 look at those hints?

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    typo.The u is next to i. And that wsa exactly my point. This topic isn't about may vs. Misty, ther is a seperate topic about that. People are getting off track and aren't really focusing onteh issue at hand.

Years
    if they made misty return and they loved eachother b4, doesnt that alone prove that it isnt dead, at least not until the returning episodes air and she may never be seen again, i belive it isnt dead till those 2 cameo episodes happen...

Years
    Nah, I really doubt that AAML will ever disappear. I never knew that Japan actually kept tabs on all of the Pok?mon translations, so I'm pretty sure they won't ruin it for all of us. Thanks for the info, ~*Silent Tattsu*~!!!

(Oh, and ~*Silent Tattsu*~, I said that evidence was hard to find about Ash liking Misty BEFORE 'Gotta Catch ya Later!'. I never said that Ash NEVER liked Misty!!!! If you had read my previous posts in this thread, you'd know that I'm a firm supporter of AAML. Please either read my posts more carefully or actually argue correctly!)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back