• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen About the Fights system

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2009
    Well since they havent shown so far an image of a fight, you think they will have an important change about it?....

Maybe they would make something like stedium/revolution?? besides watch the image of bellsprout tower.. its totally 3D.

What you think?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah nothing was really wrong with the DPPt battle look, it is one of the many things I liked. So, I say no change might be made to it.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I am pretty sure the battle system is going to be the same. If it was any different, there would probably only be a little bit of changes in it.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I am pretty sure the battle system is going to be the same. If it was any different, there would probably only be a little bit of changes in it.
    That.

Though they may change it,Theres something bothering me in D/P/Pt Battle system but I dont know why.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they change anything in the battle scene, it could be a few different looks in the moves and possibly the background.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
  • I would LOVE to see a battle stadium. Kind of like the Battle Frontier, but only one stadium.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    There could be some background changes of course, and maybe a few changes to the "fight, run, bag and pokemon" buttons. Maybe the HP bar as well, but who knows. We'd have to get some more news about the whole battle system first.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2009
    Well actually, its the most probable thing that the system will be the same, but imagine a system like the one used in Pokemon XD or pokemon colloseum (story mode), it would be really kick ass, watching ur pokemons in that little screen but totally on 3D (the ds could easily manage that), It would be a massive change, though, and a change of that magnitude might come with the next generation and not in this remake...

So yeah, it wont change.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I have a feeling that if anything were to be changed in the battle scene is probably either the music, background, moves, or possibly the look of the touch screen when choosing to fight, bag, etc. like said above.

Raaji

Back up, I got a stick!
    Years
  • The most I think is a better backround change instead of the usual looking blured backround, probably some real detail this time around. (buildings in the backround typeish if battleing in a city for example)

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I think they'll keep the battle system the same.

If it 'ain't broke...
    using that logic

inb4someonementionskris

And the battle system will most likely STAY THE SAME due to compatibility with D/P/P.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Compatibility is really what is keeping it the same, especially seeing they share most of the same tiles and graphics too.

@ Blahman117, that would be completely nice to have, but I wouldn't expect it until the next Gen perhaps...

Years
    • Age 30
    • CA
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    Maybe they would make something like stedium/revolution?? besides watch the image of bellsprout tower.. its totally 3D.

What you think?

What everyone else said. Plus, the bellsprout thing is clearly a cutscene for where you walk into sprout tower, like they did in FR/LG.

Speed

Skyward
    Years
  • Just because a few things are 3D, doesn't mean everything can be 3D. I don't think it would fit anyways.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    i hope they dont change it to like a typicall rpg style battle system cus that would meen that mine would be obselete :D

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Nah, I think the battle scene will remain pretty much the same until next gen most likely. If anything were changed it would be very minor.

Back